Hacking accusations in FFA

This is for discussions about the community, players, forum games, grudge matches, memes and everything else related to ESOC and its members.
Switzerland wai_so_srs
Crossbow
ESO: wai_so_srs

Hacking accusations in FFA

Post by wai_so_srs »

Dear community

First time poster here. I'd like to address a growing problem with this game; due to the rampant hacking that is going on, it has now turned into a state where everyone is distrusting everyone. Some people are being unjustly accused of hacking, and, others abuse this current atmosphere of distrust to systematically slander innocents.

This is happening to me and a few others in the FFA community. The people accusing me are usually butthurt halfwits from +FFA+ clan. Their 'leader', HowlingWolfPaw, hasn't yet done so, but he pested me because he's pissed about getting rushed by me (he should really just host Treaty FFA if he's so scared of early attacks).

I'd like to stipulate the following:

I do not hack.
    They do not have any proof for their accusations such as screenshots or recordings (because I do not hack).
    They refuse to play recorded games that would clearly show map hack (camera lock on unscouted area), resources, units etc.
    They tell their lies to others and people up the master sergeant rank will unfortunately believe their bullshit.
    When they get raided by 3 Uhlans they will whine about map hack.

These players, notably Daniel881, supalewy and HowlingWolfPaw are just buttmad about getting swamped very early into the game so their precious plan of acquiring imperial Jinetes, Gendarmes, Shoguns or [insert OP imperial unit here] fails. Some of them just flat out don't know jackshit about this game; Daniel881 for example started calling me a hacker when I had 3 Spahi at ~09:00 whilst not having any Spahi cards in my deck - he's also the kind of guy who sends Solingen Steel for Doppels without even bothering w/ Tilly's discipline - if he wasn't a complete moron, he'd know that Otto get 3 Spahi when aging up to Industrial and that Otto can FI like crazy.

I think it's sad that the game has turned into this. Notorious hackers, such as Jab and some obscure Chinese dudes with 1250 HP War Wagons combined with Microsoft not giving a shit anymore have ruined this game's community and its spirit. I really hope MS is taking the moderation of this game seriously again with the launch of the definitive edition or at least fix the exploits so inbred idiots like +FFA+ clan members don't have any ground to accuse innocents of hacking on.
Tokelau jesus3
Jaeger

Re: Hacking accusations in FFA

Post by jesus3 »

There is nothing you can do about that since there is no official support for AoE3 anymore. Only thing left is either block those players, don't play with/against them, ignore the accusations or, very bold I know - all three of those options. People on the internet get mad, people on the internet playing video games get mad even more frequently. That's just how it is right now
Great Britain Riotcoke
Retired Contributor
ECL Reigning ChampsDonator 01
ESO: Riotcoke
Clan: UwU

Post by Riotcoke »

Basically remember the names of the players and don't play them, as Jesus said only thing you can really do.

twitch.tv/stangoesdeepTV
Tuvalu gibson
Ninja
ECL Reigning Champs

Post by gibson »

howlingwolfpaw, thats a name I havent heard in a long time
No Flag fightinfrenchman
Ninja
Donator 04

Post by fightinfrenchman »

Howlingwolfpaw is a conspiracy theorist. I think he would appreciate my Mandela Effect thread
Dromedary Scone Mix is not Alone Mix
Netherlands Mr_Bramboy
Retired Contributor
Donator 01
ESO: [VOC] Bram

Post by Mr_Bramboy »

Daniel is pretty bad. I play FFA pretty regularly and there are always a few low leveled players throwing out cheating accusations left and right. Daniel accused me of maphacking too, so I infiltrated his clan (the +FFA+ one) and made friends with the Howling guy. You just have to know the right people!
Switzerland wai_so_srs
Crossbow
ESO: wai_so_srs

Post by wai_so_srs »

HowlingWolfPaw unfortunately hates me because of reasons outlined in the OP.

Anyway, I reckon more and more ppl will see through those idiots' bullshit. I am levelling up my account to lieutenant so I dont have to bother with master sergeants' opinions anymore.
No Flag fightinfrenchman
Ninja
Donator 04

Post by fightinfrenchman »

@wai_so_srs Let's not use slurs
Dromedary Scone Mix is not Alone Mix