Fortnite Sues cheater

This is for discussions about the community, players, forum games, grudge matches, memes and everything else related to ESOC and its members.
United States of America giveuanxiety
Advanced Player
Donator 02
ESO: GiveUAnxiety

Fortnite Sues cheater

Post by giveuanxiety »

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qCJnWgcmdyA&t=329s

If you're not aware Fortnite is hosting their World Cup tournament which has a $100 Million total prize pool and there have been some cheating. Looks like Fortnite is taking a step to attack the hackers. This is pretty big for fortnite, esports and all gaming. I'm glad to see Fortnite make a stand and attempt to sue and discourage cheaters. Cheating is a part of every single video game, and even in the top esports it happens more often then maybe most people think. What are your guys thoughts?
Lasol wrote: :hmm: just Saw a YouTube video with giveyouanexiaty. He Said check youre stove, if you Want to improve youre aoe3 skills.

WHAT does check your stove means? And how do you do it?
No Flag fightinfrenchman
Ninja
Donator 04

Re: Fortnite Sues cheater

Post by fightinfrenchman »

I wonder how they would respond to the invite spammer
Dromedary Scone Mix is not Alone Mix
No Flag deleted_user
Ninja

Post by deleted_user »

I think ESOC should sue tit, kynesie, uhlan, roi, sirmusket, erik, butifle, and all the other people who cheated in tournament matches.
Advanced Player
Donator 02

Post by giveuanxiety »

It's a good move for esports and hopefully this will be the norm for when aoe4 comes around.
Lasol wrote: :hmm: just Saw a YouTube video with giveyouanexiaty. He Said check youre stove, if you Want to improve youre aoe3 skills.

No Flag deleted_user0
Ninja

Post by deleted_user0 »

Sueing 14yo kids seems pretty extreme... perhaps sign them up for some mandatory philosophy classes so they can learn how to put things into perspective.

I guess its big business now, with tournaments and all in which case then i dont think kids should be allowed to participate without being represented by a team or some adult taking responsibility
Tuvalu gibson
Ninja
ECL Reigning Champs

Post by gibson »

It's not a good move lol. Lets put this in perspective. A company that makes tens if not 100s of millions a month is suing a child. He's not costing them money. He's not damaging the game's reputation. Suing someone for cheating in a video game should never happen unless someone gets cheated out of money, in which case I could see a player suing another player for financial damages. I hope it this won't be the norm. This kid is 14 so he's probably just started highschool and you're lobbying that his life should be ruined because he made cheats for a video game. If that's the worst thing he does in highschool he'll basically be a model student. Obviously epic is just doing this to make a statement and try to scare people from cheating and the kid will almost certainly not end up paying hardly anything but still.
No Flag deleted_user
Ninja

Post by deleted_user »

EPIC living up to their name :!:
Advanced Player
Donator 02

Post by giveuanxiety »

It might not be best for fortnite, since the child thing may affect how lots of people look at it. Ummm yeah he definitely is damaging the game's reputation. He is selling cheats to players that are competing in their $100 million tournament. It will suck for this person but it will hopefully set this as the idea that it is really risky to cheat in games.

No Flag Jaeger
Jaeger

Post by Jaeger »

Btw, can someone please tell me what ever happened with Roi and Uhlan? All I heard is that they cheated. Where did they cheat? What did they do after?
last time i cryed was because i stood on Legoļ»æ
No Flag fightinfrenchman
Ninja
Donator 04

Post by fightinfrenchman »

ovi12 wrote:Btw, can someone please tell me what ever happened with Roi and Uhlan? All I heard is that they cheated. Where did they cheat? What did they do after?

They were drawn and quartered. It was very brutal
Dromedary Scone Mix is not Alone Mix
United States of America XeeleeFlower
Retired Contributor
Xeelee Patron

Post by XeeleeFlower »

ovi12 wrote:Btw, can someone please tell me what ever happened with Roi and Uhlan? All I heard is that they cheated. Where did they cheat? What did they do after?
See here: https://eso-community.net/viewtopic.php?f=399&t=13032 You can read more here: https://eso-community.net/viewtopic.php?f=314&t=13033
Time is wise and our wounds seem to heal to the rhythm of aging,
But our past is a ghost fading out that at night itā€™s still haunting.

http://www.galactanet.com/oneoff/theegg_mod.html
No Flag Jaeger
Jaeger

Post by Jaeger »

XeeleeFlower wrote:
See here: https://eso-community.net/viewtopic.php?f=399&t=13032 You can read more here: https://eso-community.net/viewtopic.php?f=314&t=13033

Thanks <3
last time i cryed was because i stood on Legoļ»æ
Tuvalu gibson
Ninja
ECL Reigning Champs

Post by gibson »

giveuanxiety wrote:It might not be best for fortnite, since the child thing may affect how lots of people look at it. Ummm yeah he definitely is damaging the game's reputation. He is selling cheats to players that are competing in their $100 million tournament. It will suck for this person but it will hopefully set this as the idea that it is really risky to cheat in games.

No he's not ruining the games reputation. If that was the case the player base would go down and it hasn't. If anything it's bringing more attention to the game. It is absolutely ridiculous that there would be real life repercussions to cheating in a video game( assuming there's no money on the line). Think about how crazy your last statement is. You want people to be punished in real life for cheating in a video game. That is beyond absurd. There is 0 legal basis for, and there shouldn't be. Again, this lawsuit is merely a scare tactic to try to get people not to cheat. If people want to cheat that's their prerogative.
Czech Republic EAGLEMUT
ESOC Dev Team
Donator 05
ESO: EAGLEMUT
Clan: WPact

Post by EAGLEMUT »

gibson wrote: It is absolutely ridiculous that there would be real life repercussions to cheating in a video game( assuming there's no money on the line).

Isn't he saying there's $100 million on the line?
momuuu wrote: ā†‘theres no way eaglemut is truly a top player
No Flag deleted_user0
Ninja

Post by deleted_user0 »

gibson wrote:
giveuanxiety wrote:It might not be best for fortnite, since the child thing may affect how lots of people look at it. Ummm yeah he definitely is damaging the game's reputation. He is selling cheats to players that are competing in their $100 million tournament. It will suck for this person but it will hopefully set this as the idea that it is really risky to cheat in games.

No he's not ruining the games reputation. If that was the case the player base would go down and it hasn't. If anything it's bringing more attention to the game. It is absolutely ridiculous that there would be real life repercussions to cheating in a video game( assuming there's no money on the line). Think about how crazy your last statement is. You want people to be punished in real life for cheating in a video game. That is beyond absurd. There is 0 legal basis for, and there shouldn't be. Again, this lawsuit is merely a scare tactic to try to get people not to cheat. If people want to cheat that's their prerogative.

It's probably not going to be about cheating. They're going after the guy for making the hack which allows others to cheat. They're not going to sue all those who used the hack to cheat. So it will ptobably have to do with intellectual property right infringement.
Holy See Imperial Noob
Lancer

Post by Imperial Noob »

And I think cheating should be---in certain cases---punishable. Such as when there is money on the line.
A 14-year old able to create cheats for a game with a $100,000,000 tournament is not "a child" in my eyes. He likely knew very well what he was doing. It is not ours to judge this unknown character, but even preschoolers can be bastards, not to mention someone who is 14.
But considering his young age, the punishment can be hours of social work once he turns 16, or something.

And anyway I would gladly have a world where it doesn't cross the mind of people to cheat... just why? What is the point of upsetting others who invited you to have fun with them? When Aizamk did a cowhax in a friendly game---that's something else. But resource spawns in games against strangers for example? Why not ask to play with a handicap? Those who have a problem with videogame cheating being an issue to others have a larger philosophical problem outside the game, methinks.
Netherlands Goodspeed
Retired Contributor

Post by Goodspeed »

Life actually went to prison for match fixing in SC2
No Flag deleted_user0
Ninja

Post by deleted_user0 »

Goodspeed wrote:Life actually went to prison for match fixing in SC2

he was a progamer, it's not entirely the same situation, but probably the sentence was too harsh, considering he was a minor. A lifetime ban and a hefty fine on top of some community labor or whatever would also have sufficed, I think. But it seems ppl still believe that harsh sentencing necessarily has a great deterring effect.
Tokelau jesus3
Jaeger

Post by jesus3 »

sue all nerds

[spoiler=spoiler]such an american thing to do, suing like it's no big deal. Who needs to talk, discuss and maybe settle without it first? SUE![/spoiler]
Nauru Dolan
Ninja

Post by Dolan »

Suing is the NA equivalent of consumer protection. At least that's what I've been told in conversations with people from the USA.
I was telling them that the USA doesn't have equivalent legislation to protect consumers' rights as the EU has and they replied: not true, consumers can and do sue very often in the USA. :ugly:
Spain Snuden
Jaeger
ESO: Snuden

Post by Snuden »

umeu wrote:Sueing 14yo kids seems pretty extreme... perhaps sign them up for some mandatory philosophy classes so they can learn how to put things into perspective.

I guess its big business now, with tournaments and all in which case then i dont think kids should be allowed to participate without being represented by a team or some adult taking responsibility

Why do you think I am here?
[Sith] - Baphomet
Tuvalu gibson
Ninja
ECL Reigning Champs

Post by gibson »

EAGLEMUT wrote:
gibson wrote: It is absolutely ridiculous that there would be real life repercussions to cheating in a video game( assuming there's no money on the line).

Isn't he saying there's $100 million on the line?

To my understanding nobody was cheating in the tournament
No Flag deleted_user0
Ninja

Post by deleted_user0 »

from the video it seems like there was, but it wasn't the guy that they're suing. But I can be wrong.
Tuvalu gibson
Ninja
ECL Reigning Champs

Post by gibson »

Well you have to understand how the fortnite world cup works. They have open qualifiers, so literally anyone can try to qualify. I'm sure there were at least hundreds of people cheating in the open qualifiers, in fact I saw a game where there was a cheater in tfues lobby and he got to replay the match, but I highly doubt anyone was cheating in later stages of the tournament. The finals are lan anyway, where its obviously much harder to cheat.
Advanced Player
Donator 02

Post by giveuanxiety »

He clearly is ruining the games reputation, and the numbers have been going down.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qyydfpYYGRc .
He is essentially stealing money from the company. Also there has been lots of cheating in the tournament, in the early stages and in the late stages. @
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_W8_gf5E39Q&t=241s
This team was confirmed as cheating by EPIC games and EPIC games gave them a 14 day ban. (EPIC has been very inconsistent with punishments and seem like they dont knw what their doing most of the time.) They had qualified for the Main tournament but epic confirmed they cheated. EPIC took away their qualification and gave them a 14 day ban. Then that same duo was allowed to compete 14 days later and this time they qualified for the main tournament. (probably cheated again this time but EPIC didnt do anything). That team won $50,000 with that qualification and are now qualified to compete for much more money in the main LAN event.