Fortnite Sues cheater

This is for discussions about the community, players, forum games, grudge matches, memes and everything else related to ESOC and its members.
European Union UrvyZnapy
Skirmisher

Re: Fortnite Sues cheater

Post by UrvyZnapy »

@giveuanxiety WTF you think it can be OK for the law to punish someone for cheating in a game? Winning tournament money even by cheating isn't stealing and the game's reputation has nothing to do with anything. Am I responsible for Bill Gates losing millions of dollars because I crashed into his car and he came one hour late to work because of that? Crazy man...
United States of America giveuanxiety
Advanced Player
Donator 02
ESO: GiveUAnxiety

Post by giveuanxiety »

Winning tournament money even by cheating isn't stealing

your post makes no sense.
Lasol wrote: :hmm: just Saw a YouTube video with giveyouanexiaty. He Said check youre stove, if you Want to improve youre aoe3 skills.

WHAT does check your stove means? And how do you do it?
Tuvalu gibson
Ninja
ECL Reigning Champs

Post by gibson »

Winning tourney money by cheating should 100 percent be considered stealing, although there is some onus of responsibility on the tournament organizers and game developers to take steps to prevent cheating.
Kiribati princeofcarthage
Retired Contributor

Post by princeofcarthage »

Yes but those who create hacks that modify game files are actually modifying the game files in first place. People using hacks are in grey area, but parties that create those hacks are obviously doing something illegal.
Fine line to something great is a strange change.
Tuvalu gibson
Ninja
ECL Reigning Champs

Post by gibson »

How is creating a 3rd party software that allows a user to cheat modifying the original game files? Also how is that illegal when basically every game allows modding?
New Zealand zoom
Gendarme
ESO: Funnu

Post by zoom »

giveuanxiety wrote:It's a good move for esports and hopefully this will be the norm for when aoe4 comes around.
I long for the day when suing pre-teens for cheating in a video game is the norm. Garja bless the United States of America!
Nauru Dolan
Ninja

Post by Dolan »

>suing teens for cheating

United States of America giveuanxiety
Advanced Player
Donator 02
ESO: GiveUAnxiety

Post by giveuanxiety »

They probably have these things as an agreement you automatically sign up to when you compete in the online open qualifiers.
Lasol wrote: :hmm: just Saw a YouTube video with giveyouanexiaty. He Said check youre stove, if you Want to improve youre aoe3 skills.

WHAT does check your stove means? And how do you do it?
United States of America 007Salt
Dragoon

Post by 007Salt »

Cheating for money is just another way of commiting fraud (if it was a online tourney)
European Union UrvyZnapy
Skirmisher

Post by UrvyZnapy »

007Salt wrote:Cheating for money is just another way of commiting fraud (if it was a online tourney)

Maybe all fraud shouldn't be illegal then? Putting labels doesn't solve the problem you know...
United States of America Cometk
Retired Contributor

Post by Cometk »

?
Retired Contributor

Post by Cometk »

lance armstrong was sued for fraud after doping in cycling. there is legal precedent for cheaters being sued for their competition earnings

in this case it's like epic suing the drug dealer who was trying to furnish athletes with illegal performance enhancers
No Flag fightinfrenchman
Ninja
Donator 04

Post by fightinfrenchman »

Cometk wrote:lance armstrong was sued for fraud after doping in cycling. there is legal precedent for cheaters being sued for their competition earnings

Have you considered the idea that fraud can be good, actually?
Dromedary Scone Mix is not Alone Mix
Retired Contributor

Post by Cometk »

fightinfrenchman wrote:
Cometk wrote:lance armstrong was sued for fraud after doping in cycling. there is legal precedent for cheaters being sued for their competition earnings

Have you considered the idea that fraud can Have you considered the idea that fraud can be good, actually?
i'm not going to think about it unless you provide me a situation where fraud was good in some way and how that relates to the topic at hand
No Flag fightinfrenchman
Ninja
Donator 04

It was a joke based on the previous guys comment
Retired Contributor

Post by Cometk »

fightinfrenchman wrote:It was a joke based on the previous guys comment

i figured as much but also didn't want you to feel bad if i ignored you and the question was legitimate
No Flag fightinfrenchman
Ninja
Donator 04

Cometk wrote:
fightinfrenchman wrote:It was a joke based on the previous guys comment

i figured as much but also didn't want you to feel bad if i ignored you if the question was legitimate

Jokes on you, I always feel bad
European Union UrvyZnapy
Skirmisher

Post by UrvyZnapy »

giveuanxiety wrote:
Winning tournament money even by cheating isn't stealing

your post makes no sense.

Learn to read maybe?
No Flag deleted_user0
Ninja

Post by deleted_user0 »

in this case it's like epic suing the drug dealer who was trying to furnish athletes with illegal performance enhancers

Yeah that would all be fine, but thats bot what this case is about. This kid is sued for making hacks, not for breaking some "contract" when he cheated in a competition he signed up for.
No Flag deleted_user0
Ninja

Post by deleted_user0 »

Goodspeed wrote:Who are the known trolls in this conversation? I'm confused

Why, it seems quite obvious whats happening and what has been happening everytime for a while now. I don't know what his problem is, but if it gets him hard to talk like that and makes him feel better about himself, then he should go ahead.
Tuvalu gibson
Ninja
ECL Reigning Champs

Post by gibson »

umeu wrote:

Yeah that would all be fine, but thats bot what this case is about. This kid is sued for making hacks, not for breaking some "contract" when he cheated in a competition he signed up for.

Also Lance Armstrong actually won money. Nobody cheating has won money in an epic sponsored event(that we know about). Since they're always lans with people playing on epic provided computers it should be easy to have a very invasive anti cheat to prevent that.
China fei123456
Jaeger
ESO: fei123456

Post by fei123456 »

So they hack in World Cup? Sounds unbelievable.
France Kaiserklein
Pro Player
GameRanger ID: 5529322

Post by Kaiserklein »

gibson wrote:No people using hacks use hacks that modify the game files lol. Its all 3rd party software.

Moesbar hack modifies the game files. Then again that's probably because aoe3 is a piece of garbage
LoOk_tOm wrote:I have something in particular against Kaisar (GERMANY NOOB mercenary LAMME FOREVER) And the other people (noobs) like suck kaiser ... just this ..
Tuvalu gibson
Ninja
ECL Reigning Champs

Post by gibson »

Kaiserklein wrote:
gibson wrote:No people using hacks use hacks that modify the game files lol. Its all 3rd party software.

Moesbar hack modifies the game files. Then again that's probably because aoe3 is a piece of garbage
Yea thats true but if the game was supported by the developer it would easily be patched. Any cheat thats used in supported games is a 3rd party software.
United States of America 007Salt
Dragoon

Post by 007Salt »

UrvyZnapy wrote:
007Salt wrote:Cheating for money is just another way of commiting fraud (if it was a online tourney)

Maybe all fraud shouldn't be illegal then? Putting labels doesn't solve the problem you know...

Illegitimate skill via hacks is unfair to those who've put in the time and effort to become good enough to win the tournament? I still say it's fraud to use cheats when money is involved.

I NEVER said it's fraud just to cheat in general lol