weird, sad, or something else

This is for discussions about the community, players, forum games, grudge matches, memes and everything else related to ESOC and its members.
India _RDX_
Lancer
ESO: _RDX_

Re: weird, sad, or something else

Post by _RDX_ »

Sargsyan wrote:RDX and Dongtay are perfect partners, go play some team gamesh together fellas

Well, what makes you think so?....Oh wait, sarcasm?
oranges.
Armenia Sargsyan
Jaeger
Donator 01
ESO: lamergamer
Clan: c0ns

Post by Sargsyan »

You seem to understand each other' that makes me think so!
krichk wrote:For some reason, you want the world to know that you're brave enough to challenge Challenger_Marco
Kiribati princeofcarthage
Retired Contributor

Post by princeofcarthage »

Kaiserklein wrote:
princeofkabul wrote:is this the same guy kaiser beat while being drunk, blindfolded and using only one hand?

He actually won, he got my tc down and I didn't resign
https://www.twitch.tv/videos/381191224? ... &sort=time

We need GS here, @Goodspeed what does your moral compass say about this? Should or should not, (kaiser resign after losing tc and vills?)
Fine line to something great is a strange change.
India _RDX_
Lancer

Post by _RDX_ »

Sargsyan wrote:You seem to understand each other' that makes me think so!

Lol, No one can ever understand me or what i have been through. I try to channel all my energy from pain, depression and agony into helping people as much as i can. I just gave him a point that might make him feel better, I don't know whether it will but i like to help without asking.
oranges.
France bwinner
Howdah
Donator 01
ESO: bwinner

Post by bwinner »

Stop crying pls
India _RDX_
Lancer

Post by _RDX_ »

Stop laming pls
oranges.
Nigeria pingiu
Musketeer
ESO: piostolix
GameRanger ID: 234234234

Post by pingiu »

" I'm not sure where this toxic AOE3 community is. Surely you can't be talking about our forums. " did you read the twitch chat during the tit vs Graja game? @XeeleeFlower
United States of America XeeleeFlower
Retired Contributor
Xeelee Patron

Post by XeeleeFlower »

pingiu wrote:" I'm not sure where this toxic AOE3 community is. Surely you can't be talking about our forums. " did you read the twitch chat during the tit vs Graja game? @XeeleeFlower
Forums ≠ twitch chat. But no, I didn't. Tourney games are always played on our big tv with full screen so that @Goodspeed and I can better critique the games and argue over things. Based upon your comment, I am assuming that the chat wasn't exactly uplifting to read. :sad: I have found that twitch chat is often quite negative in general. Something about that platform tends to bring out the worst in people. Maybe it's all those damn commercials. I don't know.
Time is wise and our wounds seem to heal to the rhythm of aging,
But our past is a ghost fading out that at night it’s still haunting.

http://www.galactanet.com/oneoff/theegg_mod.html
Nauru Dolan
Ninja

Post by Dolan »

@pingiu
You probably don't read Twitch chats from the most popular LoL streamers. It's basically 70% toxicity, 15% banter and 15% normie-speak. Chat in ranked is also pretty much at least 30% toxic.
So AOE3 is a lil kid compared to other games. In fact, being such an old game with such a small community probably makes it less toxic, because most people know each other more or less so they're less likely to fling shit at each other just for fun.

But when there is some toxicity in an AOE3 chat/event, it's more likely to get noticed because it's not so prevalent, compared to other games.
Tuvalu gibson
Ninja
ECL Reigning Champs

Post by gibson »

If you use chrome use this extension and you won't see another add. Sadly it does cause you to run like 5-10 seconds behind but I think its worth it

https://chrome.google.com/webstore/deta ... lmhf?hl=en
Nauru Dolan
Ninja

Post by Dolan »

Just use an adblock lol. It won't slow down your stream.

uBlock Origin in Chrome is enough for adblocking. Firefox has native adblocking now. Dunno about other browsers, but they're irrelevant now.
Tuvalu gibson
Ninja
ECL Reigning Champs

Post by gibson »

I have adblock plus and it stopped blocking twitch ads over a year ago
No Flag fightinfrenchman
Ninja
Donator 04

Post by fightinfrenchman »

XeeleeFlower wrote:Tourney games are always played on our big tv with full screen so that @Goodspeed and I can better critique the games and argue over things.

The mental image of this made me laugh
Dromedary Scone Mix is not Alone Mix
Nauru Dolan
Ninja

Post by Dolan »

gibson wrote:I have adblock plus and it stopped blocking twitch ads over a year ago

It probably sucks. uBlock Origin is the only good adblocker, tbh. Never had issues with it.

https://chrome.google.com/webstore/deta ... phjbkeiagm
Australia Hazza54321
Pro Player
Winter Champion 2020 x2Donator 01
ESO: PrinceofBabu

Post by Hazza54321 »

Thank you sir
United States of America XeeleeFlower
Retired Contributor
Xeelee Patron

Post by XeeleeFlower »

Just fyi regarding adblockers in case people didn't know, https://www.forbes.com/sites/kateoflahe ... 5360e612ea
Time is wise and our wounds seem to heal to the rhythm of aging,
But our past is a ghost fading out that at night it’s still haunting.

http://www.galactanet.com/oneoff/theegg_mod.html
Nauru Dolan
Ninja

Post by Dolan »

That's great. Google will suicide Chrome and people will move back to Firefox then.

It's great to see companies committing suicide thanks to greed. :smile:
United States of America IGNDontay
Dragoon
ESO: Dontay

Post by IGNDontay »

XeeleeFlower wrote:Some things need to be said. First of all, @IGNDontay you are not a perfect angel in your conversations with other people. I'm not saying that some people treat(ed) you in a disrespectful way, but it's important that you do not misrepresent the situation.

Secondly, I'm not sure where this toxic AOE3 community is. Surely you can't be talking about our forums. The community here, while certainly not perfect, is always extremely helpful whether someone needs advice for tech issues, for game strats, and even for general life. If you're talking about playing on eso, then sure, I can grant you that there is a bit of toxicity there, as it is for any game you play. I have played with many people online and coming across a super negative person is much more rare than you are making it out to be. That's been my experience anyway. It's mostly full of people trying to play some games and just have fun. Hell, I've been in lobbies where the game is full, but we're all having such a good conversation in there that it feels disappointing when the game actually starts. If you feel like toxic waste is oozing from out of eso, then perhaps you are the problem. What's that saying? Something like "if you're constantly running into assholes, then you're the asshole."

Thirdly, this community is full of really great people who are truly kind. I watch an insane amount of streams (watched, I don't have as much time anymore :sad: ) and, once again, coming across someone who is toxic is waaaay less common than this image that you are trying to paint. You say that you are a kind person. Maybe you are. I don't know you. But if you are a kind person, then why not talk to these people who you feel are toxic? Try to have an actual discussion with them about how their actions make the game unwelcoming to others. Maybe you'll find out about their life and why they feel the need to troll, to be angry, to be hurtful, etc. Or, you can just pest and move on. "But they have multiple accounts!" Okay, well, did you know that there's this handy tool: https://eso-community.net/viewtopic.php?f=33&t=16984 :flowers: Additionally, you can use this: https://eso-community.net/esoc-patch.php to block those pesky continual invite spams.

Try to live your present as someone who your future self will be thankful for being.

XeeleeFlower wrote:Some things need to be said. First of all, @IGNDontay you are not a perfect angel in your conversations with other people. I'm not saying that some people treat(ed) you in a disrespectful way, but it's important that you do not misrepresent the situation.

Secondly, I'm not sure where this toxic AOE3 community is. Surely you can't be talking about our forums. The community here, while certainly not perfect, is always extremely helpful whether someone needs advice for tech issues, for game strats, and even for general life. If you're talking about playing on eso, then sure, I can grant you that there is a bit of toxicity there, as it is for any game you play. I have played with many people online and coming across a super negative person is much more rare than you are making it out to be. That's been my experience anyway. It's mostly full of people trying to play some games and just have fun. Hell, I've been in lobbies where the game is full, but we're all having such a good conversation in there that it feels disappointing when the game actually starts. If you feel like toxic waste is oozing from out of eso, then perhaps you are the problem. What's that saying? Something like "if you're constantly running into assholes, then you're the asshole."

Thirdly, this community is full of really great people who are truly kind. I watch an insane amount of streams (watched, I don't have as much time anymore :sad: ) and, once again, coming across someone who is toxic is waaaay less common than this image that you are trying to paint. You say that you are a kind person. Maybe you are. I don't know you. But if you are a kind person, then why not talk to these people who you feel are toxic? Try to have an actual discussion with them about how their actions make the game unwelcoming to others. Maybe you'll find out about their life and why they feel the need to troll, to be angry, to be hurtful, etc. Or, you can just pest and move on. "But they have multiple accounts!" Okay, well, did you know that there's this handy tool: https://eso-community.net/viewtopic.php?f=33&t=16984 :flowers: Additionally, you can use this: https://eso-community.net/esoc-patch.php to block those pesky continual invite spams.

Try to live your present as someone who your future self will be thankful for being.

Because I don’t even know you and your irrelevant reply on my post about a troll doesn’t seem malicious, only ignorant I won’t come at you but maybe be a lil sarcastic. I’ll simply attempt to sway your ignorance and clear the picture up for you.

Firstly I’ve never fronted that i’m an angel or acted like one. All I am is real, and real means rude/mean for a lot of people but y’all ain’t ready for that convo. You will be called out on your bs by me, period. Regardless of who you are or think you are lol. The situation hasn’t been misrepresented. This is my perspective and my reality and the bs I have to deal w in this small cancerous community so your opinion here doesn’t change anything, again.

With that being said you don’t know me, you’ve never had a conversation with me and so your opinion on me? Well, cmon.

And no I wasn’t entailing the ESO-C website but this site does allow racial slurs and racism in general i’ve noticed but that’s another conversation for another day. There are a handful of decent individuals out there and i’ve met a solid few. My clan has over 80 members of all skill levels whom we coach and have games with regularly. I have confidence that Any loyal L0ki member would willingly vouch for me that I’m no troll nor am I a try hard/mechanic abuser/flamer. But a lot of the cancerous community are just uber try hards, sore-losers, and game-breaking mechanic abusers whom who aren’t fun to play with in team or solo but that’s also a convo y’all ain’t ready for.

It’s pretty fortunate for you that you shelter yourself from the cancerous community and apparently have such little experience with running into this kind of situation. That only makes your comments here even more ignorant though. Like commenting on a post about a recipe when you don’t even know what’s being made from it haha. But yes, your statement “Something like if you're constantly running into assholes, then you're the asshole” is about as accurate as “If you’re constantly running into cats then you’re a cat”.

Thanks for your advice on talking to these trolls and asking them the hard questions like; did your parents not love you r pugh is that why you find such joy in being a pest online? Lmfao nah bro fuck them trolls they can smd.

I wanted to reply more but the whole thing is a pointless reply anyway so here you go lol.

@sargysyan though I know you’re reading this so i’ll leave it here - this guys hilarious. Idk why he is salty against me and he embarrassed himself showing us his alt and then admiring it was him. like have some shame bro it’s sad. anyways check elo. we played once in our career of aoe and i’ve won so maybe that’s why he don’t like me but other than that he’s probably just joining the wave or train to hate on me for no reason; pitiful. and this is the same reason that I and a lot of other players don’t get along for this same reason here haha but.

@Other irrelevant guy. I really don’t care though like I don’t even really remember what you said lol but it’s still cute though.

didn’t have time to reply individually or more articulately lol so enjoy loves
You can’t read me I don’t play by the book.
Netherlands edeholland
ESOC Community Team
Donator 01
ESO: edeholland
GameRanger ID: 4053888
Clan: ESOC

Post by edeholland »

Dolan wrote:
gibson wrote:I have adblock plus and it stopped blocking twitch ads over a year ago

It probably sucks. uBlock Origin is the only good adblocker, tbh. Never had issues with it.

https://chrome.google.com/webstore/deta ... phjbkeiagm

While I agree uBlock Origin is the best Chrome extension adblocker out there, a Pi-hole is also a great investment.
Kiribati princeofcarthage
Retired Contributor

Post by princeofcarthage »

can't we just lock this already lol
Fine line to something great is a strange change.
Dragoon

Post by IGNDontay »

:hehe:
_RDX_ wrote:@IGNDontay Why does it even bother you? he/she doesn't have enough courage to troll/flame you in real life, then why care? Those chicken shits are not going to affect your personal life..... btw if you want, the steam sale is on, AoE 3 is now 10 bucks, go ahead and troll them back with a smurf or do something better like try to advise them and tell them directly how you feel, It makes you wayyyy better than them and if they keep continuing, you could give them a big fuck off reaction and pest him/her(they're wasting their money on smurfs trying to troll you). It is that simple, "Be the change that you want to see in the world".

If you must know why - then fine. It bothers me bc it interferes w my eso experience. When chances are high that a player joining my lobby is just a smurf of someone I have pested on another acc it created trust issues between me and players I haven’t seen before. The chances are high bc the community is so small, along w the player base online at one given time, and these trolls have nothing better to do. Not only that but w the community being so small and these people having nothing else to do, my lobbies stand out amongst the rest I’m sure. They’re not playing aoe there playing ltd - lets troll dontay.

I’m not about to buy the game again and again like these losers or buy the game multiple times and say that I’m just using the bug to create accounts or whatever. That’s literally so lame lol like how can you look at yourself in the mirror. Im just not that type of person in this. life. Id ignore sargysyan his comments are about as good irrelevant as they come tbh. He just wants to fit in where he can get in lol. But yes I understand where you’re coming from. The best way to troll a troll is to pest and make them beg for your attention bc they want it so badly lol. It’s not that I care though this post was to spread awareness not to play victim or cry; like. These kids don’t phase me it’s just annoying asl lol. If I have to block more than (lets be generous) THREE accounts from someone and they’re still able to join on more accounts then bro check into a rehab center for your issues lol. Being the bigger person doesn’t work vs kids who’ve bought the game hella times. or who have a gang of other kids who blindly hate on whoever they hate. but this is just general, not plural.
Dragoon

Post by IGNDontay »

jesus3 wrote:
IGNDontay wrote:
jesus3 wrote:I've played but once against you and you've flamed me hard when I won against your walling and dragging shit

idk what to think of that post with that context in mind

? Irrelevant; cute you made this post about a troll, about you. Almost like you’re just a troll?! And you gave another baby confidence too lol. I’m here for it though :uglylol: w the context in mind - you felt the need to post here about some bs match no one cares about. Especially when I don’t even know who you are or even remember tbh. Seems off. :dry: You having a bad day bud? (Rhetorical I don’t want a reply) Glad that one game is locked in memory though :love: Anyways, i’m not a troll who has multiple accounts from conscript to brigadier that parades around under different identities trolling. Nor do I purposely abuse game-breaking mechanics idk what else to say on that ^_^

But all of those answers and passive aggressive behaviour kinda suggest you DO care

I just saw someone being mad about smurfing and toxic behaviour while being toxic himself the whole time. But thank god, it was just a troll, funnu funnu

i’m passive aggressive? haha only giving the same energy I received and from a random looking for my attention, at that. :hehe: ^_^
Netherlands Goodspeed
Retired Contributor

Post by Goodspeed »

You seem pretty mad tho bro
India _RDX_
Lancer

Post by _RDX_ »

Yeah, don't type too long texts, it's annoying af. Tell it in a nutshell. So you're spreading awareness. Well thanks, take care and bye.
oranges.
Dragoon

Post by IGNDontay »

_RDX_ wrote:Yeah, don't type too long texts, it's annoying af. Tell it in a nutshell. So you're spreading awareness. Well thanks, take care and bye.

lmfao I do what I want kid. If reading long texts is annoying to you that’s says a lot about you lol.