NWC LAN MEGATHREAD

This is for discussions about the community, players, forum games, grudge matches, memes and everything else related to ESOC and its members.
France Kaiserklein
Pro Player
GameRanger ID: 5529322

Re: NWC LAN MEGATHREAD

Post by Kaiserklein »

Lol thats what you pussies get for not playing on laptop
LoOk_tOm wrote:I have something in particular against Kaisar (GERMANY NOOB mercenary LAMME FOREVER) And the other people (noobs) like suck kaiser ... just this ..
United States of America Cometk
Retired Contributor

Post by Cometk »

Hazza vs tabben in the beginning minutes of Game 4 - Hazza had just given me an immensely sexy wink
Attachments
555E5200-1A3F-4703-8CBF-A3897942D7B2.jpeg
No Flag deleted_user0
Ninja

Post by deleted_user0 »

Then, there's always the controversy whether it's fair.

Seven players have to get used to 1) new computer (i'm not sure about that are the practical issues here?) and 2) New screen

So should the eight player be benefitted to play with
a) Home set-up
b) forced to play with new keyboard, new screen and computer?

None of the options are not fair and at this time it's definitely too late to change the rules.
Tuvalu gibson
Ninja
ECL Reigning Champs

Post by gibson »

Well playing on a laptop is worse for sure, now if you’re used to playing on a laptop like Kaiser is it’s better for him. If you have your own mouse and keyboard I don’t see why it would be that different. Chair maybe makes a difference but iv played on many different monitors and never really noticed a difference, I think it’s more mental tbh. There’s no way the actual computer makes a difference unless it’s worse, but I assume escape has good comps.
Netherlands edeholland
ESOC Community Team
Donator 01
ESO: edeholland
GameRanger ID: 4053888
Clan: ESOC

Post by edeholland »

Fantastic first day. Thanks for watching everyone. :flowers:
Great Britain TheNameDaniel
Advanced Player
Donator 01
ESO: danielek

Post by TheNameDaniel »

Was pretty fun to watch, very nicely done! (apart from the lag)
United States of America n0el
ESOC Business Team
ESO: jezabob
Clan: 팀 하우스

Post by n0el »

When I heard kaiser was allowed to play on his laptop I was quite surprised. Not sure that would be permitted in any other kind of event.
mad cuz bad
No Flag deleted_user0
Ninja

Post by deleted_user0 »

gibson wrote:Well playing on a laptop is worse for sure

I'm not really sure if that's true for AOE. Only thing changing is screen size. I have shifted both, with table comp in Finland during summer holidays and in Germany I always play with laptop. I can't see any difference. It only takes a couple of days to get used to each.
No Flag deleted_user0
Ninja

Post by deleted_user0 »

somppukunkku wrote:
gibson wrote:Well playing on a laptop is worse for sure

I'm not really sure if that's true for AOE. Only thing changing is screen size. I have shifted both, with table comp in Finland during summer holidays and in Germany I always play with laptop. I can't see any difference. It only takes a couple of days to get used to each.

If you have a keyboard its ok
France [Armag] diarouga
Ninja
NWC LAN Gold
ESO: diarouga

Post by [Armag] diarouga »

gibson wrote:Well playing on a laptop is worse for sure, now if you’re used to playing on a laptop like Kaiser is it’s better for him. If you have your own mouse and keyboard I don’t see why it would be that different. Chair maybe makes a difference but iv played on many different monitors and never really noticed a difference, I think it’s more mental tbh. There’s no way the actual computer makes a difference unless it’s worse, but I assume escape has good comps.

I'm not going to complain because Mitoe also suffered from playing on a new computer, so I didn't really get a set up disadvantage, but I can tell you that playing on a new comp is pretty awful.

First of all, we play on curved screens, with a different lightening which feels weird (at least for me). Furthermore, the mouse dpi feels a bit different so you can't be as accurate as you usually are, and finally there are technical issues. Like it my "alt" key was switched with the windows key for some reasons (prince and Raphaël had the same issue), and I got used to playing with the windows key for a few games, and then it got fixed.

Anyway, it doesn't really matter, this is still a very fun event even when you can't play as well as you usually do, but playing on your own laptop is definitely a big advantage.
Australia robo
ESOC Media Team
ESO: robo_boro
Clan: sQad

Post by robo »

The stage pc monitors are not curved, only the spare ones on the practise pcs are.
France [Armag] diarouga
Ninja
NWC LAN Gold
ESO: diarouga

Post by [Armag] diarouga »

robo wrote:The stage pc monitors are not curved, only the spare ones on the practise pcs are.

Ok, my bad. Still, it felt different.

Anyway, I"m not criticizing, you're doing a great job, but playing in a different set up is harder, and the only way to avoid that is to play on a laptop, that's my point.
Italy Garja
Retired Contributor
Donator 02
ESO: Garja

Post by Garja »

to be fair as long as you can reproduce all your home settings then different pc doesnt make a difference. Probably there is still some option that some player is missing which makes the game feel different. The laptop thing just removes all the hassle to copy settings and stuff.
Image Image Image
Finland princeofkabul
Pro Player
NWC LAN Top 8EPL Reigning Champs
ESO: Princeofkabul

Post by princeofkabul »

Something was definitely odd for me. I Even dropped off using control groups and the last game against Kaiser because there was no way for me to control anything anyhow. Kind of frustrating to play like a total moron If front of 1k viewers
Chairman of Washed Up clan
Leader of the Shady Swedes
Team Manager of the Blockhouse Boomers
Turkey Mameluke
Dragoon
ESO: Mameluké

Post by Mameluke »

A different keyboard, screen and mouse makes a HUGE difference.
If you see any mistakes in my grammar/vocabulary or whatever, please correct me. I really appreciate it :!: :flowers:
Finland princeofkabul
Pro Player

Post by princeofkabul »

I had my mouse and keyboard of course. I think I had The settings I play normally, but somehow everything felt unnatural. The same feeling you have when you play your first game after 6 months or so.
Finland princeofkabul
Pro Player

Post by princeofkabul »

Also where was The default Indian deck : D
Turkey Mameluke
Dragoon
ESO: Mameluké

Post by Mameluke »

princeofkabul wrote:I had my mouse and keyboard of course. I think I had The settings I play normally, but somehow everything felt unnatural. The same feeling you have when you play your first game after 6 months or so.

ah im playing on laptop so cant take only keyboard and also screen makes a big difference like youre saying, feels unusual to play on another screen.
If you see any mistakes in my grammar/vocabulary or whatever, please correct me. I really appreciate it :!: :flowers:
Great Britain TheZeroEmpires
Crossbow
ESO: ZeroEmpires

Post by TheZeroEmpires »

Just to add some clarification (not trying to defend the fact that playing on the PCs here feels different to home).

The players have their own mice and keyboards, so they should feel no different. Of course, any windows settings would need to be set the same for the exact same feeling as home.

In-game settings will be identical to what they have at home too, since we have each players custom settings on the pc when they sit down to play.

As for equipment, the screens are 144hz and the PCs are top of the line, rtx2080s and the highest tier ryzen processors etc.

Players may spend as much time as needed getting set up with the pc on the stage- but of course it may not be possible to replicate the feeling of playing at home exactly.
No Flag deleted_user0
Ninja

Post by deleted_user0 »

Garja wrote:to be fair as long as you can reproduce all your home settings then different pc doesnt make a difference. Probably there is still some option that some player is missing which makes the game feel different. The laptop thing just removes all the hassle to copy settings and stuff.

yes it does, we've already determined that different hardware (also using vsync etc) creates a different aoe3 experience. i remember for example that for me to play fast speed on my old desktop was completely different than fastmode on my laptop.
United States of America n0el
ESOC Business Team
ESO: jezabob
Clan: 팀 하우스

Post by n0el »

It does make a difference.
mad cuz bad
Malaysia Aizamk
Pro Player
ESOC WarChiefs Classic 2017

Post by Aizamk »

princeofkabul wrote:Something was definitely odd for me. I Even dropped off using control groups and the last game against Kaiser because there was no way for me to control anything anyhow. Kind of frustrating to play like a total moron If front of 1k viewers

why u fite without sword
oranges.
No Flag kami_ryu
Retired Contributor

Post by kami_ryu »

-- deleted post --

Reason: on request (off-topic bulk delete)
No Flag kami_ryu
Retired Contributor

Post by kami_ryu »

-- deleted post --

Reason: on request (off-topic bulk delete)
Malaysia Yamato23
Musketeer
ESO: Yamato23

Post by Yamato23 »

TheZeroEmpires wrote:Just to add some clarification (not trying to defend the fact that playing on the PCs here feels different to home).

The players have their own mice and keyboards, so they should feel no different. Of course, any windows settings would need to be set the same for the exact same feeling as home.

In-game settings will be identical to what they have at home too, since we have each players custom settings on the pc when they sit down to play.

As for equipment, the screens are 144hz and the PCs are top of the line, rtx2080s and the highest tier ryzen processors etc.

Players may spend as much time as needed getting set up with the pc on the stage- but of course it may not be possible to replicate the feeling of playing at home exactly.

Totally agree!!