bullying

This is for discussions about the community, players, forum games, grudge matches, memes and everything else related to ESOC and its members.
Great Britain Riotcoke
Retired Contributor
ECL Reigning ChampsDonator 01
ESO: Riotcoke
Clan: UwU

Re: bullying

Post by Riotcoke »

Vickyxxx5528 wrote:
Riotcoke wrote:
Vickyxxx5528 wrote:@spanky4ever I think you will always get the nerdy keyboard warriors. AoE is no exception.

Pity them, they have nothing better to do.

People are different online obviously, in person everyone at the Lan was incredibly nice.

Because they dont have the balls to bully in real life.

Or that it's fun to flame online and not in person.

twitch.tv/stangoesdeepTV
Tokelau jesus3
Jaeger

Post by jesus3 »

I'm going to bully you now, you haven't been worshing enough, Tassos @tedere12
Nauru Dolan
Ninja

Post by Dolan »

It's more like nobody would dare flame Garja IRL coz he's fit and Italian.
No Flag deleted_user0
Ninja

Post by deleted_user0 »

Riotcoke wrote:
Vickyxxx5528 wrote:
Show hidden quotes

Because they dont have the balls to bully in real life.

Or that it's fun to flame online and not in person.

That's basically the same. Obviously it's no longer fun if it ends with a black eye...
Poland pecelot
Retired Contributor
Donator 03
ESO: Pezet

Post by pecelot »

maybe boyz have thicker skin than gurlz?
No Flag kami_ryu
Retired Contributor

Post by kami_ryu »

-- deleted post --

Reason: on request (off-topic bulk delete)
United States of America Vickyxxx5528
Skirmisher
ESO: Kikk

Post by Vickyxxx5528 »

Thats not true. Its different for everyone boys or girls. Its not really relevant. I think AoE Trolling gets out of hand and can be perceived as bullying. I have been bullied from AoE. Even by quite top players..There is little or no action done against it.

What is more accurate some guys from AoE are really childish and immature and do get away with alot. ESOC do alot for this community and people take it for granted. AoE is a toxic community. Its why I dont play anymore. :!:
The Otto Lamer Girl

“Yes yes I Otto lame!
Cos when I win with another civ, it’s not the same!
When the TC’s down, vills runin-round,
It will make you so mad to change game!”
Germany yemshi
Jaeger
ESO: yemshi

Post by yemshi »

As Garja's roommate I confirm that he is a super chill (and sleepy at times) guy.
Same with diarouga tbh. Their personality just feels way more organic in person. :flowers:
No Flag kami_ryu
Retired Contributor

Post by kami_ryu »

-- deleted post --

Skirmisher

Post by Vickyxxx5528 »

kami_ryu wrote:
Vickyxxx5528 wrote:Thats not true. Its different for everyone boys or girls. Its not really relevant. I think AoE Trolling gets out of hand and can be perceived as bullying. I have been bullied from AoE. Even by quite top players..There is little or no action done against it.

What is more accurate some guys from AoE are really childish and immature and do get away with alot. ESOC do alot for this community and people take it for granted. AoE is a toxic community. Its why I dont play anymore. :!:

of course it isn't true. I just had to quote to point it out. I'm not interested in pecelot's casual sexism but then again, we're supposed to be enjoying a LAN right now, not giving bigots attention.

But thats what is wrong.. we ignore the 'trolling' behaviour or in your case (We just accept they are bigots). It is general sexism and thats okey? People wonder why the community is dying with comments like that, No wonder people dont join ESOC or the AOE community, I wouldnt either.
The Otto Lamer Girl

“Yes yes I Otto lame!
No Flag kami_ryu
Retired Contributor

Post by kami_ryu »

-- deleted post --

Germany amiggo1999
Advanced Player
Donator 01
ESO: miggo1999

Post by amiggo1999 »

Pointing out potential differences in Genders is now sexism?
Image Image
Switzerland sebnan12
Jaeger
ESO: Mongobillione

Post by sebnan12 »

Vickyxxx5528 wrote:Thats not true. Its different for everyone boys or girls. Its not really relevant. I think AoE Trolling gets out of hand and can be perceived as bullying. I have been bullied from AoE. Even by quite top players..There is little or no action done against it.

yea welcome to the internet. such a cliche phrase i know, yet i can only repeat myself. if u cant deal with the trolling, hating, sexism behind the anonymity of the internet, u simply shudnt proceed being on it. or filter everything i guess.
"Why are you trying to lecture me on my own language, no wonder you people shit in the open street."- Riotcoke

''man he's slow rolling him more than a fish on a royal flush'' - Garja

NEED MORE XP
Skirmisher

Post by Vickyxxx5528 »

sebnan12 wrote:

yea welcome to the internet. such a cliche phrase i know, yet i can only repeat myself. if u cant deal with the trolling, hating, sexism behind the anonymity of the internet, u simply shudnt proceed being on it. or filter everything i guess.

Lol No. Other way around. People should speak as if its real life, and not hide behind their little screens. Therefore if they cant behave on the internet they shouldn't be on the internet. Not me. :!:
The Otto Lamer Girl

“Yes yes I Otto lame!
Skirmisher

Post by Vickyxxx5528 »

amiggo1999 wrote:Pointing out potential differences in Genders is now sexism?

Its not a difference nor a fact.
The Otto Lamer Girl

“Yes yes I Otto lame!
Switzerland sebnan12
Jaeger
ESO: Mongobillione

Post by sebnan12 »

Vickyxxx5528 wrote:
sebnan12 wrote:

Lol No. Other way around. People should speak as if its real life, and not hide behind their little screens. Therefore if they cant behave on the internet they shouldn't be on the internet. Not me. :!:

yea they shud. truth is alot ppl calm down on the internet from real life anger and such thing. not that i defend anyone, but its healthier for me to ignore or bait trollers, haters, optionally become one, than wasting time going against them, because finally it will always be a place of free speech in moste circumstances, therefor u will always be trolled. no big deal as u see when u meet them irl they are friendly and nice as everyone else.
"Why are you trying to lecture me on my own language, no wonder you people shit in the open street."- Riotcoke

''man he's slow rolling him more than a fish on a royal flush'' - Garja

NEED MORE XP
No Flag kami_ryu
Retired Contributor

Post by kami_ryu »

-- deleted post --

Great Britain Riotcoke
Retired Contributor
ECL Reigning ChampsDonator 01
ESO: Riotcoke
Clan: UwU

Post by Riotcoke »

kami_ryu wrote:
amiggo1999 wrote:Pointing out potential differences in Genders is now sexism?

it isn't but it's ridiculous to say that girls have thinner skin than guys. the women I know have all been through so much more than the guys I know. there's a fine line between a good real talk and just being sexist. and most people are pretty bad at finding that line, as far as I can tell. myself included honestly

I mean men tend to bung up their stress compared to women, so women might not have thinner skin but due to Western cultures idea of men being macho the statement is sort of correct on majority and isn't sexist.

twitch.tv/stangoesdeepTV
Holy See Imperial Noob
Lancer

Post by Imperial Noob »

Tuvalu gibson
Ninja
ECL Reigning Champs

Post by gibson »

Men definitely dont have thicker skin, I think riotcoke is right though that it generally appears that way because its less socially acceptable for men than women.
No Flag kami_ryu
Retired Contributor

Post by kami_ryu »

-- deleted post --

Nauru Dolan
Ninja

Post by Dolan »

In the immortal words of "Tyler, the Creator"

On a more serious note, it is scientifically proven and known that men and women have different thresholds for stress, so that's not even up for debate. (If you don't believe it you can do some experiments yourself and measure the acoustic startle reflex and prepulse inhibition in a sample of both men and women and you'll notice the difference, especially in prepulse inhibition measurements.)

On a more practical note, there's no way to predict how someone will react to something you say. Some may take it as a light jab and forget about it or ignore it, others may perceive it as a distressing threat. I guess the only way to gauge their response to stress is to just communicate with them and see how they react. Like, I have my list of people I suspect to be on the dangerous side of stress vulnerability and I avoid saying anything that might be interpreted as negative to them, while I know there are some others whose "deflection shield" will just repel anything you direct at them.

I really hope that we're not gonna turn the internet into a nuns' convent, though.
Estonia Paul312
Skirmisher
ESO: Cla$$ic -Classic_aoe
Clan: KEKs

Post by Paul312 »

If garja might feel bullied then how should hpc feel?
Nigeria pingiu
Musketeer
ESO: piostolix
GameRanger ID: 234234234

Post by pingiu »

hpc likes Attention
France Kaiserklein
Pro Player
GameRanger ID: 5529322

Post by Kaiserklein »

Why this crying after a successful lan everyone enjoyed
LoOk_tOm wrote:I have something in particular against Kaisar (GERMANY NOOB mercenary LAMME FOREVER) And the other people (noobs) like suck kaiser ... just this ..