bullying

This is for discussions about the community, players, forum games, grudge matches, memes and everything else related to ESOC and its members.
No Flag deleted_user0
Ninja

Re: bullying

Post by deleted_user0 »

Sargsyan wrote:Theres no toxicity in our community, i feel like the ones who bring up that card are usually the ones who are being toxic sometimes

quod non vident eum, ut non est
Poland pecelot
Retired Contributor
Donator 03
ESO: Pezet

Post by pecelot »

to say that the community is toxic is a stretch
to say that the community is not toxic at all is also a stretch
:ugeek:
Armenia Sargsyan
Jaeger
Donator 01
ESO: lamergamer
Clan: c0ns

Post by Sargsyan »

I make memes but i didnt plan to become a meme. Sorry
krichk wrote:For some reason, you want the world to know that you're brave enough to challenge Challenger_Marco
European Union UrvyZnapy
Skirmisher

Post by UrvyZnapy »

It looks like @spanky4ever feels bullied because he is not in on the inside jokes that everyone seems to enjoy :chinese:

I have seen this before, someone pretending to protect someone who is "attacked" but all they really want is attention :P
European Union UrvyZnapy
Skirmisher

Post by UrvyZnapy »

Kaiserklein wrote:Why this crying after a successful lan everyone enjoyed

Welcome to the internet rofl
France [Armag] diarouga
Ninja
NWC LAN Gold
ESO: diarouga

Post by [Armag] diarouga »

UrvyZnapy wrote:It looks like @spanky4ever feels bullied because he is not in on the inside jokes that everyone seems to enjoy :chinese:

she
Great Britain TheZeroEmpires
Crossbow
ESO: ZeroEmpires

Post by TheZeroEmpires »

[Armag] diarouga wrote:
UrvyZnapy wrote:It looks like @spanky4ever feels bullied because he is not in on the inside jokes that everyone seems to enjoy :chinese:

she

I don’t think gender is very important on the internet. After all, if you want real equality on a message board then a lack of gender would be optimal.
European Union UrvyZnapy
Skirmisher

Post by UrvyZnapy »

He is french, even his words have genders XD
Netherlands Goodspeed
Retired Contributor

Post by Goodspeed »

She has a point, people are a little too easily dismissive of it imo. I recall speaking out against this in ESOC's early days and as a mod I had a zero tolerance policy because these things have a tendency to become the norm and it's not healthy.

If we aren't sure what Garja thinks of it all, and we can't be, maybe the best course of action is to respect him and stop treating him like a living meme.
No Flag fightinfrenchman
Ninja
Donator 04

Post by fightinfrenchman »

Goodspeed wrote:stop treating him like a living meme.

Are you suggesting we kill him? That seems excessive
Dromedary Scone Mix is not Alone Mix
European Union UrvyZnapy
Skirmisher

Post by UrvyZnapy »

Goodspeed wrote:If we aren't sure what Garja thinks of it all, and we can't be, maybe the best course of action is to respect him and stop treating him like a living meme.

Hahahahaha, oh no what if someone gets hurt!
No Flag fightinfrenchman
Ninja
Donator 04

Post by fightinfrenchman »

UrvyZnapy wrote:
Goodspeed wrote:If we aren't sure what Garja thinks of it all, and we can't be, maybe the best course of action is to respect him and stop treating him like a living meme.

This seems ironic but is actually a good thing to think
Dromedary Scone Mix is not Alone Mix
Germany amiggo1999
Advanced Player
Donator 01
ESO: miggo1999

Post by amiggo1999 »

When in doubt, pray to the G
Image Image
Germany lordraphael
Pro Player
EWTNWC LAN SilverAdvanced Division WinnerDonator 01

Post by lordraphael »

Goodspeed wrote:She has a point, people are a little too easily dismissive of it imo. I recall speaking out against this in ESOC's early days and as a mod I had a zero tolerance policy because these things have a tendency to become the norm and it's not healthy.

If we aren't sure what Garja thinks of it all, and we can't be, maybe the best course of action is to respect him and stop treating him like a living meme.

i agree. But i can only speak for people at the lan and everybody seemed to like him there. Altho Garja seems like a guy whos not that keen on voicing his opinion. For example if i was him i would have completly ignored diarouga at the lan,but he took a selfie with him, just shows what a nice guy he is.
breeze wrote: they cant even guess how much f***ing piece of stupid retarded they look they are trying to give lesson to people who are over pr35 and know the best mu. im pretty sure that we need a page that only pr30+ post and then we could have a nice discussins.
European Union UrvyZnapy
Skirmisher

Post by UrvyZnapy »

fightinfrenchman wrote:
UrvyZnapy wrote:

This seems ironic but is actually a good thing to think

Humans are very good at adapting and adapt all the time. It can be good and bad but if you adapt to fix a problem it's good right? It's called improvement/development/learning/experience and it's very important as long as the problem is not too strong to break you (why we protect small kids).
Great Britain Riotcoke
Retired Contributor
ECL Reigning ChampsDonator 01
ESO: Riotcoke
Clan: UwU

Post by Riotcoke »

lordraphael wrote:
Goodspeed wrote:She has a point, people are a little too easily dismissive of it imo. I recall speaking out against this in ESOC's early days and as a mod I had a zero tolerance policy because these things have a tendency to become the norm and it's not healthy.

i agree. But i can only speak for people at the lan and everybody seemed to like him there. Altho Garja seems like a guy whos not that keen on voicing his opinion. For example if i was him i would have completly ignored diarouga at the lan,but he took a selfie with him, just shows what a nice guy he is.

In regards to the lan, i don't think anyone had any real negativity towards anyone there, or at least that's the feeling i got.

twitch.tv/stangoesdeepTV
Nauru Dolan
Ninja

Post by Dolan »

TheZeroEmpires wrote:
[Armag] diarouga wrote:

she

I don’t think gender is very important on the internet. After all, if you want real equality on a message board then a lack of gender would be optimal.

I think the way anyone experiences life is through the lens of their particular, gendered experience of the world. There's a lot of research that shows men and women process things differently, both on an emotional and cognitive level.
So trying to somehow separate gender from the way someone experience life is a bit misguided and unrealistic, I think. And it's not likely to really solve anything, since men and women will continue to display those differences in how they relate to the world.

I know where such a call is coming from, though. It's part of the current zeitgeist to focus on equality as a general theme in everything, from rights to economic issues. But if you think about it, about what makes people even interested in communicating or making economic transactions, it's actually differences that make things work. People seek to buy products that they can't make on their own and watch content that they couldn't produce themselves. Because they perceive that differences are interesting and are a useful resource.

By trying to obscure differences, we're trying to accredit the notion that it's equality that makes the world turn and that the current imbalances are just a temporary issue that needs to be streamlined.
Tuvalu gibson
Ninja
ECL Reigning Champs

Post by gibson »

No, by not focusing on differences people are trying to make it so that a little girl isnt raised to feel like shes a failure if shes not a mother and a homemaker
Poland pecelot
Retired Contributor
Donator 03

Post by pecelot »

Yep, there's literally no middle ground. Either total equality or medieval social roles.
Tuvalu gibson
Ninja
ECL Reigning Champs

Post by gibson »

pecelot wrote:Yep, there's literally no middle ground. Either total equality or medieval social roles.
no theres literally not. Everyone should have the option to do whatever they want
France Kaiserklein
Pro Player
GameRanger ID: 5529322

Post by Kaiserklein »

pecelot wrote:Yep, there's literally no middle ground. Either total equality or medieval social roles.

Why do you make these words sound like something extreme when it's just normal
LoOk_tOm wrote:I have something in particular against Kaisar (GERMANY NOOB mercenary LAMME FOREVER) And the other people (noobs) like suck kaiser ... just this ..
Tuvalu gibson
Ninja
ECL Reigning Champs

Post by gibson »

Kaiserklein wrote:

Why do you make these words sound like something extreme when it's just normal
Because he probably thinks people should be judged on sex, skin color etc instead of on their individual merits
Poland pecelot
Retired Contributor
Donator 03

Post by pecelot »

I see you're brilliant at judging people on your own.

The term equality is interpreted variously nowadays. Some believe people should be given equal opportunities to compete, whereas the others might be of the opinion that equality should be forced into competition. I referred to the latter.
No Flag deleted_user
Ninja

Post by deleted_user »

Which is a rather weak stance to take, purported if at all by fringe collectives.
Australia VooDoo_BoSs
Dragoon
ESO: VooDoo_BoSs

Post by VooDoo_BoSs »

pecelot wrote:to say that the community is toxic is a stretch
to say that the community is not toxic at all is also a stretch
:ugeek:

Have you seen the rest of the internet? Sir Musket was probably the only toxic part of the community, and he is shunned by most people.