bullying

This is for discussions about the community, players, forum games, grudge matches, memes and everything else related to ESOC and its members.
Nigeria pingiu
Musketeer
ESO: piostolix
GameRanger ID: 234234234

Re: bullying

Post by pingiu »

Kaiserklein wrote:Why this crying after a successful lan everyone enjoyed

only god knows
Great Britain Riotcoke
Retired Contributor
ECL Reigning ChampsDonator 01
ESO: Riotcoke
Clan: UwU

Post by Riotcoke »

It's crying from people who didn't go.

twitch.tv/stangoesdeepTV
Germany japanesegeneral
Lancer
ESO: JapaneseGeneral

Post by japanesegeneral »

Vicky doing the Lina. Thats gotta be fun.
6 petards a day keep the doctor away.
No Flag kami_ryu
Retired Contributor

Post by kami_ryu »

-- deleted post --

Reason: on request (off-topic bulk delete)
Great Britain Riotcoke
Retired Contributor

Post by Riotcoke »

kami_ryu wrote:
Riotcoke wrote:

I wanted to go and I am crying

Exactly

twitch.tv/stangoesdeepTV
New Zealand zoom
Gendarme
ESO: Funnu

Post by zoom »

I feel terrible.
No Flag deleted_user0
Ninja

Post by deleted_user0 »

I think people are bullying garja because they didn't get a selfie with him.
Greece BrookG
Retired Contributor
ESO: BrookG

Post by BrookG »

G needs to copyright this whole hype around him
Correlation doesn't mean causation.
http://www.tylervigen.com/spurious-correlations

"mr.brookg go buy jeans and goto the club with somppuli" - Princeofkabul, July 2018
France Kaiserklein
Pro Player
GameRanger ID: 5529322

Post by Kaiserklein »

Riotcoke wrote:

Right, while in fact everyone who did knows there was zero bullying. It's kinda ridiculous really.
LoOk_tOm wrote:I have something in particular against Kaisar (GERMANY NOOB mercenary LAMME FOREVER) And the other people (noobs) like suck kaiser ... just this ..
Great Britain TheZeroEmpires
Crossbow
ESO: ZeroEmpires

Post by TheZeroEmpires »

Pretty sure I saw OP making multiple rude remarks about the appearance of a certain player in the Twitch chat...
No Flag deleted_user0
Ninja

Post by deleted_user0 »

TheZeroEmpires wrote:Pretty sure I saw OP making multiple rude remarks about the appearance of a certain player in the Twitch chat...

There is nothing you can do to prevent anonymous people doing that. Except for the bans but making twitch smurf takes approximately 30 seconds.
I'd say there is a difference of anonymous trolling and systematic bullying. The first one is sad but you can't stop it, second didn't happen.
Germany japanesegeneral
Lancer
ESO: JapaneseGeneral

Post by japanesegeneral »

"The internet is not made for woman. They can't stand male insecurities and immaturity in the long term." Do you remember this @Vickyxxx5528 ? `
6 petards a day keep the doctor away.
Tuvalu gibson
Ninja
ECL Reigning Champs

Post by gibson »

kami_ryu wrote:
Vickyxxx5528 wrote:
Show hidden quotes

But thats what is wrong.. we ignore the 'trolling' behaviour or in your case (We just accept they are bigots). It is general sexism and thats okey? People wonder why the community is dying with comments like that, No wonder people dont join ESOC or the AOE community, I wouldnt either.

I'm sorry. I already threw a huge fit about the casual bigotry from pecelot in staff forums, so I wanted to avoid that topic again. Mostly just to avoid stirring the pot more than necessary. I do agree, that just accepting bigotry or downplaying it can be pretty hurtful to us and members of the community.

So I'm with you on this one, friend. Maybe I should be throwing another fit, but maybe just quietly pointing out "hey this post is wrong" is going to get better results. Thank you for standing up against this shit though.
There's no point in even pointing out they're wrong. The best thing to do is ignore it. You're just gonna be reinforcing his gamer culture/incel beliefs, that people are out to get white straight men and "traditional" values. Same for people like Dolan, who claims that "Its been scientifically proven that men have thicker skin than women" (it hasn't), but he uses big words and talks about things being "proven". You won't change his mind either. He lives in a bubble where he only believes in science that conforms to his beliefs, anything else is "twisted by university liberals". Ultimately, its very rare that you'll ever change someones mind on the internet(although @Goodspeed played a large part in changing my mind), and generally you actually move them farther away.
Great Britain Riotcoke
Retired Contributor

Post by Riotcoke »

TheZeroEmpires wrote:Pretty sure I saw OP making multiple rude remarks about the appearance of a certain player in the Twitch chat...

People who make rude comments about people's apperence on a livestream are lowest of the low, it's easy to judge when you're not able to be judged yourself .

twitch.tv/stangoesdeepTV
India Ashvin
Retired Contributor
ESO: Octanium

Post by Ashvin »

kami_ryu wrote:
Riotcoke wrote:

Works at airport.
Can't use airport.
feelssadman
Armenia Sargsyan
Jaeger
Donator 01
ESO: lamergamer
Clan: c0ns

Post by Sargsyan »

Ashvin wrote:
kami_ryu wrote:
Show hidden quotes

Works at airport.
Can't use airport.
feelssadman

What a fuck, airports dont fly
krichk wrote:For some reason, you want the world to know that you're brave enough to challenge Challenger_Marco
Nauru Dolan
Ninja

Post by Dolan »

@gibson Just run a search on "prepulse inhibition sex" and "startle reflex sex" and see where that leads you, if you're not familiar with the subject. We're talking about physical measurements of physiological reactions, not questionnaire-based bullshit on "what do you think about X?" kind of research. Replicable research, not Myers-Briggs sort of "science".

Or here's a better idea. Don't trust me, ask a researcher.

But, no problem, you can keep asking. I studied a bit of neuroscience for a couple of years so I could talk about this subject for a few days. And, despite what "the Guardian" sort of leftist media would want you to believe, there actually are physiological differences between men and women and response to stress is one of them. It's quite replicable down to mice, even. (Inb4 "that doesn't apply to us, we're advanced".)
Tuvalu gibson
Ninja
ECL Reigning Champs

Post by gibson »

As per usual you make claims and instead of actually providing basis for said claims(because if you did it would easy to see that the stuff you're talking about is either 1) old 2) a study has a huge flaw or 3) completely irrelevant) ask other people to search it while at the same time acting like you're an expert on the subject. It's 2019, most people realize that culture, upbringing etc are more often what causes people to be different than biological sex.
Germany lordraphael
Pro Player
EWTNWC LAN SilverAdvanced Division WinnerDonator 01

Post by lordraphael »

Now I'm gonna have to re-watch the whole stream to search for those comments:(
breeze wrote: they cant even guess how much f***ing piece of stupid retarded they look they are trying to give lesson to people who are over pr35 and know the best mu. im pretty sure that we need a page that only pr30+ post and then we could have a nice discussins.
Armenia Sargsyan
Jaeger
Donator 01
ESO: lamergamer
Clan: c0ns

Post by Sargsyan »

lordraphael wrote:

Now I'm gonna have to re-watch the whole stream to search for those comments:(

Good luck reading 1.2k watchers chatshit
krichk wrote:For some reason, you want the world to know that you're brave enough to challenge Challenger_Marco
India Challenger_Marco
ESOC Media Team
ESO: challenger_marco

Post by Challenger_Marco »

Why don't you just ban them? Certain idiots make name like pros n chat shit...their message don't matter anyway
:nwc:
Holy See Imperial Noob
Lancer

Post by Imperial Noob »

Nauru Dolan
Ninja

Post by Dolan »

@gibson Here you can start with this piece which provides a general outline of research on brain sex differences:

https://dept.wofford.edu/neuroscience/n ... cahill.pdf

There are lots of studies (primary literature) linked in the bibliography, if you want to go more in-depth.
No Flag kami_ryu
Retired Contributor

Post by kami_ryu »

-- deleted post --

Reason: on request (off-topic bulk delete)
Tuvalu gibson
Ninja
ECL Reigning Champs

Post by gibson »

Dolan wrote:@gibson Here you can start with this piece which provides a general outline of research on brain sex differences:

https://dept.wofford.edu/neuroscience/n ... cahill.pdf

There are lots of studies (primary literature) linked in the bibliography, if you want to go more in-depth.
I don't understand how this relates to the topic being discussed in this thread, that is are women more sensitive than men. It seems to be talking about more generic differences, so unless I just completely missed something(which is entirely possible as I just skimmed it), its irrelevant. It did talk about chronic stress but that's drastically different than what this discussion is about.