What happens when you do rated vs Garja

This is for discussions about the community, players, forum games, grudge matches, memes and everything else related to ESOC and its members.
France [Armag] diarouga
Ninja
NWC LAN Gold
ESO: diarouga

Re: What happens when you do rated vs Garja

Post by [Armag] diarouga »

Typing "gg" if the game is over is considered bm but to be fair it's okay. I sometimes do that because not resigning when you're lost (iamturk/acergame) is even more bm. You're basically wasting your opponent's time and disrespecting him by thinking that he can be bad enough to throw a won game.

In Chess and Go it's considered disrespectful as well to keep playing when the game is over.
No Flag deleted_user
Ninja

Post by deleted_user »

[Armag] diarouga wrote:
Kawapasaka wrote:
Show hidden quotes

Oh, what's the difference? Whenever I heard "droptrick" in the past I thought it was talking about OOS.

It's like oos except you get the win instead of making the game unr.

tbh if we to compare cheats, oos is more fair than droptrick, with oos you make the game unrated while with droptrick you undeservedly steal opponent's elo
United States of America HeadKilla
Lancer
The Big Game Hunter - Bronze ElephantDonator Best
ESO: Headkilla

Post by HeadKilla »

[Armag] diarouga wrote:Typing "gg" if the game is over is considered bm but to be fair it's okay. I sometimes do that because not resigning when you're lost (iamturk/acergame) is even more bm. You're basically wasting your opponent's time and disrespecting him by thinking that he can be bad enough to throw a won game.

In Chess and Go it's considered disrespectful as well to keep playing when the game is over.

I can see in a tournament setting when a game is clearly over it would be rude to try and stretch it out. But the vast majority of games are played for fun and if you cant have fun while losing than 50% of the time spent playing is not fun. You can still have fun in a game even when you know you lost. Especially since most of the time the game has been decided within 8 minutes. You can even still learn a thing or two during that phase of the game, if you stick it out.
Lancer

Post by HeadKilla »

Does the rec show what a droptrick looks like from the perspective of the player being cheated against? I am not even sure I would recognize this happening.
France [Armag] diarouga
Ninja
NWC LAN Gold

HeadKilla wrote:
[Armag] diarouga wrote:Typing "gg" if the game is over is considered bm but to be fair it's okay. I sometimes do that because not resigning when you're lost (iamturk/acergame) is even more bm. You're basically wasting your opponent's time and disrespecting him by thinking that he can be bad enough to throw a won game.

I can see in a tournament setting when a game is clearly over it would be rude to try and stretch it out. But the vast majority of games are played for fun and if you cant have fun while losing than 50% of the time spent playing is not fun. You can still have fun in a game even when you know you lost. Especially since most of the time the game has been decided within 8 minutes. You can even still learn a thing or two during that phase of the game, if you stick it out.

Maybe you do have fun when you're losing, but the guy winning doesn't. So as I said, it's bm and disrespectful.
Holy See Suzerain
Crossbow

Post by Suzerain »

What a joke, and this guy is a part of the ESOC-Team. lol :roll:
European Union scarm
Howdah
ESO: Malebranche

Post by scarm »

Its just the usual Interace of someone disconnecting. You can recognize it by it happening during situations that are bad for your opponent, and him getting the win afterwards. If someone disconnects legit its highly unlikely that he will be the one to return to ESO first, resulting in you winning.
Italy gamevideo113
Howdah
ESO: gamevideo113

Post by gamevideo113 »

You will surely agree though that there isn't an objective way to tell when the game is over or not. Sure, you can't come back from certain situations, but sometimes winning a fight doesn't automatically mean that you won the game. It really depends. Sometimes it is just painfully obvious that one player is trying to waste your time, some other times it's not the case. Some days ago i've had one player call my gg at 8-9 minutes which simply doesn't make any sense, imo.
[Some people aspire to be pr30+, some people aspire to have fun, and some people aspire to play 3v3 Deccan.] - vividlyplain - 2019 Who (nationality) rape ?
stupid logic. noob players can say op?
toxic, Insult, Racism ?
France [Armag] diarouga
Ninja
NWC LAN Gold

gamevideo113 wrote:

You will surely agree though that there isn't an objective way to tell when the game is over or not. Sure, you can't come back from certain situations, but sometimes winning a fight doesn't automatically mean that you won the game. It really depends. Sometimes it is just painfully obvious that one player is trying to waste your time, some other times it's not the case. Some days ago i've had one player call my gg at 8-9 minutes which simply doesn't make any sense, imo.

There's no objective way to tell when the game is over true but at top level at least, you can say when someone has a 99.9% chance to lose. Then he should resign.
Lancer

Post by HeadKilla »

[Armag] diarouga wrote:There's no objective way to tell when the game is over true but at top level at least, you can say when someone has a 99.9% chance to lose. Then he should resign.

Yeah, at the highest level, where 1% of players live, I totally agree that when a game is "over" its over and nothing more to be gained from playing it out.
Italy Garja
Retired Contributor
Donator 02
ESO: Garja

Post by Garja »

[Armag] diarouga wrote:Yea honestly it's funny to see that people don't give a shit when Garja cheats while kynesie or rouga going alt d or rotator is a huuuuuge deal.

Ah?
You cheat with rotator because you are a lowbob who tries to get unfair advantages whenever possible.
I simply dont cheat. I dropped him with the very purpose of doing him a wrong.
princeofcarthage wrote:
Kawapasaka wrote:I thought dropping gave the win to whoever returns to ESO first?

True but Garja didn't drop, he drop tricked.

Eh? I just pulled net plug and returned to eso before him. You are making it as if I lnow some sophisticated hack lol.
Image Image Image
No Flag RefluxSemantic
Gendarme

Post by RefluxSemantic »

A starcraft player (fantasy) always resigns pretty late because every once in a while he will have a hidden base and have a reason to continue playing on, but since he always resigns late he's not giving away anything. If he'd have the normal gg timing, people would know something is up when he continues playing and start looking for hidden bases and stuff but against fantasy you'll probably think he's just doing fantasy stuff.

Aoe3's equivalent of that is eaglemut, who will continue playing in lost games for way to long. But then every once in a while he isn't actually losing that badly and you get impatient and go for the kill only to get crushed. In competitive gaming I can see why you'd do it, but on aoe3's level its basically trying to bore people into losing. It's kind of bm to always stretch resiging for so long.
France [Armag] diarouga
Ninja
NWC LAN Gold

RefluxSemantic wrote:

A starcraft player (fantasy) always resigns pretty late because every once in a while he will have a hidden base and have a reason to continue playing on, but since he always resigns late he's not giving away anything. If he'd have the normal gg timing, people would know something is up when he continues playing and start looking for hidden bases and stuff but against fantasy you'll probably think he's just doing fantasy stuff.

Aoe3's equivalent of that is eaglemut, who will continue playing in lost games for way to long. But then every once in a while he isn't actually losing that badly and you get impatient and go for the kill only to get crushed. In competitive gaming I can see why you'd do it, but on aoe3's level its basically trying to bore people into losing. It's kind of bm to always stretch resiging for so long.

Fantasy resigns when the game is over tbh. He keeps playing because he's only 30 population behind and he can hold his bases with tanks and then try to outplay with drops.
Aoe3 is just different, you don't have that great defensive unit (siege tanks) and you can't come back in a game with a raid. You might buy time and kill 5v here and there with a raid, but you're never going to kill 30vills while remaxing like in sc2.

At one point, the game is just over in aoe3 and you have no way to come back.
Italy Blastkiller
Dragoon
ESO: Blastkiller

Post by Blastkiller »

I find one thing without respect and some people want to waste time looking for them to make them quit and take elo for free and I don't like it when it is so, I happened to it once a pr 19 which I think was a smurf attacked me with villi and towers using the French and the game lasted a 30 or 40 minutes among other things 25 just to find it and destroy all its walls in the map.
No one will escape from me, from my Russians, neither a troll nor a hacker nor a smurf, they will all give days in front of my strelets
United States of America bittersalt123
Howdah

Post by bittersalt123 »

bepsi wrote:The sheer hypocrisy and arbitrariness in dealing with cheating by the very community who strive to uphold an aura of official legitimacy is quite staggering. Apparently some cheaters are more equal than others. :chinese:

When Garja cheats we get great topics such as these so his cheating makes our days just a little bit better lol
"It makes a lot of sense to me that you're a Floridian." fightinfrenchman

Who needs water when you've got Brawndo – The Thirst Mutilator?

Secretary of State: But Brawndo's got what plants crave. It's got electrolytes
Switzerland sebnan12
Jaeger
ESO: Mongobillione

Post by sebnan12 »

if this post gets 1 like i‘ll smurf breeze and droptrick him
"Why are you trying to lecture me on my own language, no wonder you people shit in the open street."- Riotcoke

''man he's slow rolling him more than a fish on a royal flush'' - Garja

NEED MORE XP
Armenia Sargsyan
Jaeger
Donator 01
ESO: lamergamer
Clan: c0ns

Post by Sargsyan »

sebnan12 wrote:if this post gets 1 like i‘ll smurf breeze and droptrick him

I've heard you're a man of your word
krichk wrote:For some reason, you want the world to know that you're brave enough to challenge Challenger_Marco
France [Armag] diarouga
Ninja
NWC LAN Gold

He got 4 likes not 1, so can't do it.
Great Britain ListlessSalmon
Skirmisher
ESO: ListlessSalmon

Post by ListlessSalmon »

[Armag] diarouga wrote:He got 4 likes not 1, so can't do it.

Presumably it was at one like at some point though.
France Kaiserklein
Pro Player
GameRanger ID: 5529322

Post by Kaiserklein »

[Armag] diarouga wrote:Yea honestly it's funny to see that people don't give a shit when Garja cheats while kynesie or rouga going alt d or rotator is a huuuuuge deal.

You really don't miss an opportunity to make yourself look like a victim lol. And to talk about yourself at the 3rd person.

Anyway, I'm sure people give a shit, actually this thread shows it. I doubt garja is gonna get away with it so easily this time.
Meanwhile, who made a huge deal out of you doing that stuff? People still play with you and you're still part of the community. As for Kynesie, I mean, he has a history of doing shady stuff (like mh/oos on desktop while streaming and smurfing on tit's acc), and yet he's also still accepted. See, he can even post in the beta forums... Nothing to complain about really. And knowing kynesie is a cool guy, I'm sure he doesn't complain about it himself.
LoOk_tOm wrote:I have something in particular against Kaisar (GERMANY NOOB mercenary LAMME FOREVER) And the other people (noobs) like suck kaiser ... just this ..
Tuvalu gibson
Ninja
ECL Reigning Champs

Post by gibson »

Lol at least sirmusket had the decency to apologize after he cheated, not try to justify it, which is imo the most bizarre thing about the whole situation.
France [Armag] diarouga
Ninja
NWC LAN Gold

Kaiserklein wrote:

You really don't miss an opportunity to make yourself look like a victim lol. And to talk about yourself at the 3rd person.

Anyway, I'm sure people give a shit, actually this thread shows it. I doubt garja is gonna get away with it so easily this time.
Meanwhile, who made a huge deal out of you doing that stuff? People still play with you and you're still part of the community. As for Kynesie, I mean, he has a history of doing shady stuff (like mh/oos on desktop while streaming and smurfing on tit's acc), and yet he's also still accepted. See, he can even post in the beta forums... Nothing to complain about really. And knowing kynesie is a cool guy, I'm sure he doesn't complain about it himself.

Garja is 100% going to get away with it.
Italy Garja
Retired Contributor
Donator 02

Post by Garja »

gibson wrote:Lol at least sirmusket had the decency to apologize after he cheated, not try to justify it, which is imo the most bizarre thing about the whole situation.

this is nowhere close to cheating or what sirmusket do
Image Image Image
Portugal sergyou
Lancer

Post by sergyou »

Garja wrote:
gibson wrote:Lol at least sirmusket had the decency to apologize after he cheated, not try to justify it, which is imo the most bizarre thing about the whole situation.

this is nowhere close to cheating or what sirmusket do

if oos is cheating, pull tricking is as well.
stop playing it down you bloody cheater
Italy Garja
Retired Contributor
Donator 02

Post by Garja »

sorry your post once again shows that you're too low IQ to have a dicussion with me
Image Image Image