What happens when you do rated vs Garja

This is for discussions about the community, players, forum games, grudge matches, memes and everything else related to ESOC and its members.
No Flag deleted_user
Ninja

Re: What happens when you do rated vs Garja

Post by deleted_user »

Unfortunately I don't think banning from elo is actually even a sanction for him as he explains he doesnt care about elo but cares about ruining other's fun, considering he spent his whole day to defend his cheating case and does not have a single sense of remorse, and pissing everyone off to defend his cheating case still, I'm not sure it's a deterrent penalty.
Great Britain Riotcoke
Retired Contributor
ECL Reigning ChampsDonator 01
ESO: Riotcoke
Clan: UwU

Post by Riotcoke »

You do have to remember that everyone does make mistakes breeze, so you don't have to give an incredibly harsh sentence.

twitch.tv/stangoesdeepTV
No Flag deleted_user
Ninja

Post by deleted_user »

Riotcoke wrote:You do have to remember that everyone does make mistakes breeze, so you don't have to give an incredibly harsh sentence.

Yeah, you do mistake and you have remorse, not like you have to fight with everyone to defend your cheating case, think about it. also it's not the first time he cheats
Great Britain Riotcoke
Retired Contributor

Post by Riotcoke »

It's the same as you posting a rec that's an obvious bait and claiming that the other person who you baited is the one who's 100 percent to blame. Some people just make mistakes and have a hard time accepting that.

twitch.tv/stangoesdeepTV
No Flag deleted_user
Ninja

Post by deleted_user »

Riotcoke wrote:It's the same as you posting a rec that's an obvious bait and claiming that the other person who you baited is the one who's 100 percent to blame. Some people just make mistakes and have a hard time accepting that.

since you have no clue about my recs, I have been posting them since 2014, and for the first time, getting blamed for posting bait recs, while I just post a rec naming with civs and not even including SINGLE sentence about players, yeah think about whatever you want but sorry, you have bad intentions and have no idea about the topic.
Czech Republic EAGLEMUT
ESOC Dev Team
Donator 05
ESO: EAGLEMUT
Clan: WPact

Post by EAGLEMUT »

deleted_user wrote:Unfortunately I don't think banning from elo is actually even a sanction for him as he explains he doesnt care about elo but cares about ruining other's fun, considering he spent his whole day to defend his cheating case and does not have a single sense of remorse, and pissing everyone off to defend his cheating case still, I'm not sure it's a deterrent penalty.

He's also banned from tournaments, as a result of that.
Great Britain Riotcoke
Retired Contributor

Post by Riotcoke »

deleted_user wrote:
Riotcoke wrote:It's the same as you posting a rec that's an obvious bait and claiming that the other person who you baited is the one who's 100 percent to blame. Some people just make mistakes and have a hard time accepting that.

since you have no clue about my recs, I have been posting them since 2014, and for the first time, getting blamed for posting bait recs, while I just post a rec naming with civs and not even including SINGLE sentence about players, yeah think about whatever you want but sorry, you have bad intentions and have no idea about the topic.

Think what you want to think, but it looks like baiting on your behalf honestly.

twitch.tv/stangoesdeepTV
Italy Garja
Retired Contributor
Donator 02
ESO: Garja

Post by Garja »

deleted_user wrote:Unfortunately I don't think banning from elo is actually even a sanction for him as he explains he doesnt care about elo but cares about ruining other's fun, considering he spent his whole day to defend his cheating case and does not have a single sense of remorse, and pissing everyone off to defend his cheating case still, I'm not sure it's a deterrent penalty.

What else do you want? Again, your only claim are the elo points so stfu.
Image Image Image
No Flag deleted_user
Ninja

Post by deleted_user »

@Riotcoke

https://eso-community.net/viewtopic.php?f=20&t=17471

here tabben posted a rec about me, nothing to say, just see my comment to tabben.

https://eso-community.net/viewtopic.php?f=20&t=17483

here optimus posted rec, I liked it. It was quite funny thread

Either of these, I didn't bring negativity, anyone can post rec of winning against me, I am totally fine with it. Also it's not anyone's fault some are very sad to take bait from recs, and you are very pejudiced that, let's assume if I posted a negative comment to one of these, you would probably come up with saying "oh uhm Hey breeze it's just a rec Why do you take bait from it?" and stuff, leave it because I won't reply about it anymore.
Great Britain Riotcoke
Retired Contributor

Post by Riotcoke »

The difference is the people who are posting these recs do so because they're Interesting recordings. Meanwhile the ones you've posted that i've seen are heavily unfavoured mus for your opponents, Porto vs Dutch on High plains vs Kaiser for example and therefore aren't particularly useful. Most likely i'm just looking at it in the wrong way and if so i'm sorry, i was simply using it as an example to why Garja may not be apologising.

twitch.tv/stangoesdeepTV
France [Armag] diarouga
Ninja
NWC LAN Gold
ESO: diarouga

Post by [Armag] diarouga »

Honestly, I think that banning Garja from elo makes sense but banning him from tourneys is definitely a mistake @Cometk .
He didn't cheat in tourneys so there is no reason to ban him.
No Flag tedere12
Jaeger

Post by tedere12 »

That's excessive, expected nothing less from eso-c moderation.
No Flag fightinfrenchman
Ninja
Donator 04

Post by fightinfrenchman »

tedere12 wrote:That's excessive, expected nothing less from eso-c moderation.

:hmm:
Dromedary Scone Mix is not Alone Mix
Netherlands edeholland
ESOC Community Team
Donator 01
ESO: edeholland
GameRanger ID: 4053888
Clan: ESOC

Post by edeholland »

tedere12 wrote:That's excessive, expected nothing less from eso-c moderation.
I wouldn't say we have moderated excessively lately.
France [Armag] diarouga
Ninja
NWC LAN Gold

To be fair, I asked for actions because I thought Garja would get away with it easily but banning him from tournaments is excessive.
Banning him from the EPL hurts the community more than it hurts him.
Great Britain Riotcoke
Retired Contributor

Post by Riotcoke »

[Armag] diarouga wrote:To be fair, I asked for actions because I thought Garja would get away with it easily but banning him from tournaments is excessive.
Banning him from the EPL hurts the community more than it hurts him.

Why?

twitch.tv/stangoesdeepTV
No Flag Astaroth
Howdah

Post by Astaroth »

Seeing that it is a repeat offense without remorse, the punishment seems fair. Since Garja claims not to care about points, how would just an Elo ban be enough to deter him from just continually drop tricking whenever he feels that the opponent is playing unfairly (?)?
Australia wardyb1
Retired Contributor
Donator 01
ESO: wardyb1

Post by wardyb1 »

[Armag] diarouga wrote:Honestly, I think that banning Garja from elo makes sense but banning him from tourneys is definitely a mistake @Cometk .

To be fair though, what does banning him from elo do? Honestly nothing, considering he clearly doesn't care about pixel points. So there needs to be some punishment. Unfortunately that will result in the community not get to see him play in the upcoming events. However that is the consequence of a player's actions, and hopefully Garja might think about his attitude as he misses out. Not sure what other punishment you could give that would actually affect him.
“To love the journey is to accept no such end. I have found, through painful experience, that the most important step a person can take is always the next one.”
Netherlands edeholland
ESOC Community Team
Donator 01
ESO: edeholland
GameRanger ID: 4053888
Clan: ESOC

Post by edeholland »

wardyb1 wrote:
[Armag] diarouga wrote:Honestly, I think that banning Garja from elo makes sense but banning him from tourneys is definitely a mistake @Cometk .

To be fair though, what does banning him from elo do? Honestly nothing, considering he clearly doesn't care about pixel points. So there needs to be some punishment. Unfortunately that will result in the community not get to see him play in the upcoming events. However that is the consequence of a player's actions, and hopefully Garja might think about his attitude as he misses out. Not sure what other punishment you could give that would actually affect him.
One thing we accomplish with a ladder ban is that other players don't unfairly lose Elo in the future. Basically, during the ban, all games will be unrated when it comes to ESOC Elo.

The Elo for this specific game was not been adjusted because @deleted_user5 already played more rated games and it would be quite difficult.
France Kao
ESOC Dev Team
Donator 01
ESO: filoual

Post by Kao »

Though, as ladder is used for tourney seeding, if he's banned from ladder, hard to seed him properly in a tourney. And that's also the 2nd time there's a drop trick evidence and last time was during a tourney seeding period iirc.
I think that's the reason why they ended up also banning him from tourney.
Italy gamevideo113
Howdah
ESO: gamevideo113

Post by gamevideo113 »

#freetheGarja
[Some people aspire to be pr30+, some people aspire to have fun, and some people aspire to play 3v3 Deccan.] - vividlyplain - 2019 Who (nationality) rape ?
stupid logic. noob players can say op?
toxic, Insult, Racism ?
Switzerland sebnan12
Jaeger
ESO: Mongobillione

Post by sebnan12 »

so many people will go to hell for that blasphemic act
"Why are you trying to lecture me on my own language, no wonder you people shit in the open street."- Riotcoke

''man he's slow rolling him more than a fish on a royal flush'' - Garja

NEED MORE XP
No Flag bepsi
Musketeer

Post by bepsi »

In all cases of rebellion, the excesses of the power that defends itself are the fault of the rebel. So in fairness any blame for punishments, even those perceived to be on the harsh side of strict, should not be directed at the ESO-C moderation team.
France [Armag] diarouga
Ninja
NWC LAN Gold

Kao wrote:

Though, as ladder is used for tourney seeding, if he's banned from ladder, hard to seed him properly in a tourney. And that's also the 2nd time there's a drop trick evidence and last time was during a tourney seeding period iirc.
I think that's the reason why they ended up also banning him from tourney.

We don't need seeding for EPL though. Anyway, ESOC should make a difference between what happens on the forums/on eso/in tourneys.
@Cometk It's not too late to let Garja play in the EPL.
Armenia Sargsyan
Jaeger
Donator 01
ESO: lamergamer
Clan: c0ns

Post by Sargsyan »

>complain esoc doesn't do anything
>complain esoc punishing for cheating
krichk wrote:For some reason, you want the world to know that you're brave enough to challenge Challenger_Marco