Afk master

This is for discussions about the community, players, forum games, grudge matches, memes and everything else related to ESOC and its members.

Who's the #1 afk master?

Amsterda
43%
LordRaphael
57%

Total votes: 42

No Flag [TLDT]Amsterda
Dragoon
ESO: Amsterda

Afk master

Post by [TLDT]Amsterda »

@Aizamk I'll have you know I was afk for more than double those 311 minutes and I've been afk for at least 5 times longer, I'm not trying to be LordRaphael I've already surmised since long ago that I'm unparalleled. You should come back to join one of my games when I'm not afk so you can play vs the real afk master not that fake.
No Flag deleted_user
Ninja

Re: Afk master

Post by deleted_user »

Only because I've decided I don't need another title.
Kiribati princeofcarthage
Retired Contributor

Post by princeofcarthage »

Welcome to the shitposting family.
Fine line to something great is a strange change.
Great Britain Riotcoke
Retired Contributor
ECL Reigning ChampsDonator 01
ESO: Riotcoke
Clan: UwU

Post by Riotcoke »

I mean the only you reason you afk ansterda is because nobody plays nr20 for obvious reasons

twitch.tv/stangoesdeepTV
Retired Contributor

And the obvious reason is that nr20 is hard to master/play
Great Britain Riotcoke
Retired Contributor

Post by Riotcoke »

No it's that it's shit

twitch.tv/stangoesdeepTV
Retired Contributor

How do you conclude that without having played a single game.
Netherlands Mr_Bramboy
Retired Contributor
Donator 01
ESO: [VOC] Bram

Post by Mr_Bramboy »

princeofcarthage wrote:How do you conclude that without having played a single game.
Obviously, you don't. Personally, I view the rush aspect as such an important part of any RTS game that I'm not interested in playing any NR gamemode. I'm not sure that it'd be a shit gamemode. It might be fun to some, but the entire premise of an RTS is ruined in my opinion, and therefore I'm not interested in playing any NR gamemode.

I play FFA from time to time. Surviving incoming pressure and getting to the late game is fun, but once the game progresses to a point where you just queue units to a place and stand and fight the fun is gone for me.
Finland princeofkabul
Pro Player
NWC LAN Top 8EPL Reigning Champs
ESO: Princeofkabul

Post by princeofkabul »

princeofcarthage wrote:And the obvious reason is that nr20 is hard to master/play
:hmm: :hmm: :hmm:
Chairman of Washed Up clan
Leader of the Shady Swedes
Team Manager of the Blockhouse Boomers
Retired Contributor

Mr_Bramboy wrote:
princeofcarthage wrote:How do you conclude that without having played a single game.
Obviously, you don't. Personally, I view the rush aspect as such an important part of any RTS game that I'm not interested in playing any NR gamemode. I'm not sure that it'd be a shit gamemode. It might be fun to some, but the entire premise of an RTS is ruined in my opinion, and therefore I'm not interested in playing any NR gamemode.

I play FFA from time to time. Surviving incoming pressure and getting to the late game is fun, but once the game progresses to a point where you just queue units to a place and stand and fight the fun is gone for me.
I agree to the point that in your personal opinion and for you it might suck, although it shouldn't be generalized cuz there are people who enjoy it.
Great Britain Riotcoke
Retired Contributor

Post by Riotcoke »

Okay so playing treaty takes a huge chunk of the skill out of the game as it effectively makes it a single player game for X number of minutes. One of the main reasons RTS games as a genre are so interesting is that you have to think on the fly, treaty is somewhat predetermined , you do the boom then you fight. It just makes for what is basically dead time hence why nobody wants to cast treaty because it's just dull compared to supremacy. Also I have played treaty not on my new account though.

twitch.tv/stangoesdeepTV
No Flag fightinfrenchman
Ninja
Donator 04

Post by fightinfrenchman »

Riotcoke wrote:Okay so playing treaty takes a huge chunk of the skill out of the game as it effectively makes it a single player game for X number of minutes. One of the main reasons RTS games as a genre are so interesting is that you have to think on the fly, treaty is somewhat predetermined , you do the boom then you fight. It just makes for what is basically dead time hence why nobody wants to cast treaty because it's just dull compared to supremacy. Also I have played treaty not on my new account though.
That's what is fun about it. You spend 40 minutes eating pizza and just having a good time before the epic battles begin.
Dromedary Scone Mix is not Alone Mix
Great Britain Riotcoke
Retired Contributor

Post by Riotcoke »

fightinfrenchman wrote:
Riotcoke wrote:Okay so playing treaty takes a huge chunk of the skill out of the game as it effectively makes it a single player game for X number of minutes. One of the main reasons RTS games as a genre are so interesting is that you have to think on the fly, treaty is somewhat predetermined , you do the boom then you fight. It just makes for what is basically dead time hence why nobody wants to cast treaty because it's just dull compared to supremacy. Also I have played treaty not on my new account though.
That's what is fun about it. You spend 40 minutes eating pizza and just having a good time before the epic battles begin.
Yeah hence why it's a joke

twitch.tv/stangoesdeepTV
No Flag fightinfrenchman
Ninja
Donator 04

Jokes are fun and good
European Union scarm
Howdah
ESO: Malebranche

Post by scarm »

It is just a fact that treaty in general is easier because as riotcoke said you basically separate eco and fighting, focussing entirely on one or the other. That ofc doesn't mean that treaty skills are meaningless whatsoever, as proven by the plenty treatyplayers that are also some of the best supremacyplayers.
Netherlands Goodspeed
Retired Contributor

Post by Goodspeed »

princeofcarthage wrote:
Mr_Bramboy wrote:

I agree to the point that in your personal opinion and for you it might suck, although it shouldn't be generalized cuz there are people who enjoy it.
There are also people who enjoyed Game of Thrones season 8, the later Star Wars movies or even worse, Marvel movies :o
France Kaiserklein
Pro Player
GameRanger ID: 5529322

Post by Kaiserklein »

To be fair nr20 isn't as easy as nr40, you're often not fully setup, don't have 5 layers of walls, etc. But it's still obviously way easier than sup, so the reason why people don't play it isn't because it's super hard lol, that's bs.
LoOk_tOm wrote:I have something in particular against Kaisar (GERMANY NOOB mercenary LAMME FOREVER) And the other people (noobs) like suck kaiser ... just this ..
Retired Contributor

Kaiserklein wrote:To be fair nr20 isn't as easy as nr40, you're often not fully setup, don't have 5 layers of walls, etc. But it's still obviously way easier than sup, so the reason why people don't play it isn't because it's super hard lol, that's bs.
True and obviously it wasn't meant to be taken seriously but riotcoke's generalization without any experience just pissed me off, so it might seem like that but it is no.
No Flag tedere12
Jaeger

Post by tedere12 »

wouldn't say it's easier, it sure takes less time to master, but some treaty skills are difficult
France Kaiserklein
Pro Player

Post by Kaiserklein »

Basically culv micro and grabbing mapcontrol are hard in treaty. Not as hard as all the sup skills really, like multitasking, actual micro, decisions/adaptation (basically non existent in treaty), and so on
LoOk_tOm wrote:I have something in particular against Kaisar (GERMANY NOOB mercenary LAMME FOREVER) And the other people (noobs) like suck kaiser ... just this ..
European Union scarm
Howdah
ESO: Malebranche

Post by scarm »

Cowing while Fighting can also be hard.
No Flag fightinfrenchman
Ninja
Donator 04

Treaty is better as a measure of endurance. Rush players can't last as long if you know what I mean
No Flag [TLDT]Amsterda
Dragoon
ESO: Amsterda

Post by [TLDT]Amsterda »

Regardless of who's the afk master it's obvious nr 20 takes more skill than sup, considering the best sup player lost to bridarshy before the meta even developed and nowadays the best nr 20 player that a sup player can beat is probably just me. Obviously a sup player wouldn't beat Mongo or any of the better nr 20 players. Would not be surprised if some top sup players lost 2v1 against gudde in his prime. I've certainly lost 3v1 against gudde when I started out so maybe 4v1 to win actually.

Obviously being the best active sup player won't mean much when players like H2O, Blackstar and iamgrunt aren't active anymore, no competition seriously. If you want to do something that requires a bit more skill than that dead game mode come play nr 20, the actual top players of the game mode are active unlike sup so winning would be much more meaningful.
France Kaiserklein
Pro Player

Post by Kaiserklein »

If you seriously think nr20 takes more skill than sup, idk what to even tell you tbh
United States of America bittersalt123
Howdah

Post by bittersalt123 »

fightinfrenchman wrote:Treaty is better as a measure of endurance. Rush players can't last as long if you know what I mean
:lol:
"It makes a lot of sense to me that you're a Floridian." fightinfrenchman

Who needs water when you've got Brawndo – The Thirst Mutilator?

Secretary of State: But Brawndo's got what plants crave. It's got electrolytes