GUA Twitch

This is for discussions about the community, players, forum games, grudge matches, memes and everything else related to ESOC and its members.
United States of America XeeleeFlower
Retired Contributor
Xeelee Patron

Re: GUA Twitch

Post by XeeleeFlower »

giveuanxiety wrote: anytime I say something like thats gay, or call someone a faggot for doing a lame strat, its never a homophobic type of insult, its just a another way of saying fuck or bitch or something like that.
Calling something "gay" or "faggot" is always a homophobic slur. Maybe you aren't homophobic, but using those words make you seem that you are. If you applied for partnership, then it is likely they have been scrutinizing your channel for a while. I'm not saying I agree with the ban. I would rather twitch send a warning, decline partnership for x amount of time, or something like that.

Twitch's policies really need to be reworked and they should enforce things equally. I mean, partnered streamers are still "accidentally" flashing tits/pussy, someone abused their pet while streaming, etc. While I don't agree with the use of certain words, I don't think it warrants a 7! day ban. Just remember, only those who pull in a lot of money for twitch are able to get away with being partnered and doing whatever the hell they want.

If someone reported GUA, don't be a fucking coward. Instead of reporting, how about you talk to him about your concerns instead. If there's no change, then just don't watch the channel or use the mute button. I've been so busy recently and only now have had some time to return to watching some AOE3 streams. You killed my experience yesterday and I'm not happy about it.
Time is wise and our wounds seem to heal to the rhythm of aging,
But our past is a ghost fading out that at night it’s still haunting.

http://www.galactanet.com/oneoff/theegg_mod.html
United States of America giveuanxiety
Advanced Player
Donator 02
ESO: GiveUAnxiety

Post by giveuanxiety »

Ya I agree with basically everything you said. I dont think I say those things often, maybe I sometimes say that was gay when I lose to something. I have been wanting to work on removing that from my vocabulary tho. Ya twitch bans in general are really bad, as you explained. It just feels shitty getting banned for 7 days when I was never warned and this is my first time offense.
Lasol wrote: :hmm: just Saw a YouTube video with giveyouanexiaty. He Said check youre stove, if you Want to improve youre aoe3 skills.

WHAT does check your stove means? And how do you do it?
Latvia harcha
Gendarme
ESO: hatamoto_samurai

Post by harcha »

looking on the bright side - this gives you a chance to check out what features are offered by youtube and mixer. please post links in forum if you decide to stream there
POC wrote:Also I most likely know a whole lot more than you.
POC wrote:Also as an objective third party, and near 100% accuracy of giving correct information, I would say my opinions are more reliable than yours.
Great Britain Riotcoke
Retired Contributor
ECL Reigning ChampsDonator 01
ESO: Riotcoke
Clan: UwU

Post by Riotcoke »

giveuanxiety wrote:I wonder if twitch chat messages get modded and if my chat always saying one offensive word would cause a ban. The ban was probably from a past stream I did too, cause I dont remember saying anything at all offensive during this stream. Also ya hawkgirl on a real note I have no idea what happened in our game and why it went oos, that was really weird.
What happens in your chat isnt moderated by twitch, how could some random person saying cunt lead to you being banned ?

twitch.tv/stangoesdeepTV
No Flag deleted_user
Ninja

Post by deleted_user »

Riotcoke wrote:
giveuanxiety wrote:I wonder if twitch chat messages get modded and if my chat always saying one offensive word would cause a ban. The ban was probably from a past stream I did too, cause I dont remember saying anything at all offensive during this stream. Also ya hawkgirl on a real note I have no idea what happened in our game and why it went oos, that was really weird.
What happens in your chat isnt moderated by twitch, how could some random person saying cunt lead to you being banned ?
I am pretty sure there isn't a precedent of twitch banning a channel for something that's occurred in their chat.
Tokelau jesus3
Jaeger

Post by jesus3 »

Man I'm sorry, it seems my comments such as "massive floating wood" and "juicy wood count" have given them a wrong (or correct?) impression which backfired on your whole stream. I'm going to apologize as soon as I've found Sirmusket's apology to copy paste

Also: Such a weird ban
Netherlands edeholland
ESOC Community Team
Donator 01
ESO: edeholland
GameRanger ID: 4053888
Clan: ESOC

Post by edeholland »

Also I agree headkilla, but anytime I say something like thats gay, or call someone a faggot for doing a lame strat, its never a homophobic type of insult, its just a another way of saying fuck or bitch or something like that.
Mentioning you say "gay" or "faggot" when you mean "fuck" or "bitch" is just making it worse, to be honest.
Australia Hazza54321
Pro Player
Winter Champion 2020 x2Donator 01
ESO: PrinceofBabu

Post by Hazza54321 »

How is that, its literally just a word used to express yourself
Netherlands edeholland
ESOC Community Team
Donator 01
ESO: edeholland
GameRanger ID: 4053888
Clan: ESOC

Post by edeholland »

Hazza54321 wrote:How is that, its literally just a word used to express yourself
That doesn't stop people from getting offended by it, unfortunately.
Tokelau jesus3
Jaeger

Post by jesus3 »

Hazza54321 wrote:How is that, its literally just a word used to express yourself
Using words like "gay" synonymous to bad traits, even if you don't actually mean it, will preserve the negative connotation of those words and thus oust actual gay or LGTB+ people by default, if you want it or not. It's just the weight language carries

Of course it's up to the individual to actually feel offended, but if we are to generalize, it does affect them negatively
Great Britain I_HaRRiiSoN_I
Retired Contributor

Post by I_HaRRiiSoN_I »

to be honest, calling somebody (purely as an example, not suggesting it has happened) you're such a fag/gay is kinda the same as you're such an Arab/muslim. Swear words are swear words but these words mentioned here would affect a certain demographic more than other whether it was intentional or not. luckily in the UK, fag(s) is 95% time used to refer to cigarettes and so is not a part of my vocabulary as i dont smoke.
Retired Contributor
Xeelee Patron

Post by XeeleeFlower »

jesus3 wrote:Of course it's up to the individual to actually feel offended
One can't really choose how they feel. Even if I know that someone isn't actually homophobic, it still hurts me when I hear them use those terms in a negative way.

Tuvalu gibson
Ninja
ECL Reigning Champs

Post by gibson »

If twitch said it was for hateful slurs it was 100% for saying faggot. That’s the worst thing you can say in the eyes of twitch besides perhaps the hard r, but it’s close. They’ve had a 0 tolerance policy about it for like 2 years now. They consider it far worse than saying like “fuck you”. Etc. Twitch already has trouble with advertisers due to the nature of the platform, they don’t want you to see an ad for something and than it immediately cuts to a streamer saying faggot, that can leave people with a negative association with the item being advertised. Their argument also goes that there are plenty of other naughty words they allow you to say, the only thing different about faggot is it’s homophobic connotation, so why would you choose to say faggot unless you’re intentionally trying to be homophobic? This is twitchs point of view. It’s not like it doesn’t make sense either, in the same vein as the hard R( although obviously not as bad)it’s a word that’s been used to systematically put down a demographic of people.
Latvia harcha
Gendarme
ESO: hatamoto_samurai

Post by harcha »

XeeleeFlower wrote:
jesus3 wrote:Of course it's up to the individual to actually feel offended
One can't really choose how they feel. Even if I know that someone isn't actually homophobic, it still hurts me when I hear them use those terms in a negative way.
However people can still choose to consider what they hear a serious comment or not.
POC wrote:Also I most likely know a whole lot more than you.
POC wrote:Also as an objective third party, and near 100% accuracy of giving correct information, I would say my opinions are more reliable than yours.
Nauru Dolan
Ninja

Post by Dolan »

But if everyone is a faggot or a bitch-ass cunt, how come only some feel offended. Such a mystery.
Nauru Dolan
Ninja

Post by Dolan »

I mean faggot is a pretty generic term. Like homo. I mean even the species is called "Homo Sapiens".
Why would you get offended if someone uses this scientific term to call your bitch-ass Sapiens identity.
No Flag fightinfrenchman
Ninja
Donator 04

Post by fightinfrenchman »

Wow, that's really insightful. I guess you're right once again.
Dromedary Scone Mix is not Alone Mix
Tuvalu gibson
Ninja
ECL Reigning Champs

Post by gibson »

@Dolan i deleted my post because I realized in my early morning stupor I had completely misread what you said
Nauru Dolan
Ninja

Post by Dolan »

Np, I also wanted to delete the 2nd one, but it was too late.
United States of America giveuanxiety
Advanced Player
Donator 02
ESO: GiveUAnxiety

Post by giveuanxiety »

The reason I was slightly thinking twitch chat could affect it is because I know streamers have been banned for having like a random person on the mic in stream and the random person said something inappropriate and got the streamer banned.
Lasol wrote: :hmm: just Saw a YouTube video with giveyouanexiaty. He Said check youre stove, if you Want to improve youre aoe3 skills.

WHAT does check your stove means? And how do you do it?
New Zealand zoom
Gendarme
ESO: Funnu

Post by zoom »

I never knew GUA was such a hateful person!
No Flag tedere12
Jaeger

Post by tedere12 »

people should grow some thicker skin I say. It's hilarious it has to come to this
Germany amiggo1999
Advanced Player
Donator 01
ESO: miggo1999

Post by amiggo1999 »

sad not hilarious
Image Image
No Flag tedere12
Jaeger

Post by tedere12 »

It's hard to take them seriously
Retired Contributor
Xeelee Patron

Post by XeeleeFlower »

That's what happens when you have little to no empathy - unable to understand how/why people would be hurt by something. It takes more courage to admit that something has hurt you than it does to bury it ("grow thicker skin").