GUA Twitch

This is for discussions about the community, players, forum games, grudge matches, memes and everything else related to ESOC and its members.
Italy Mosx
Dragoon
ESO: Mosx

Re: GUA Twitch

Post by Mosx »

It's dumb call someone gay but it's also dumb ban someone on twitch for say this word during a competitive game without reading the context this call someone gay in some context in some situation become fun and not an offense,but depends from the situation..
op mechanics, op build order :export: :coin: :ugly: :uglylol: :maniac:

https://www.twitch.tv/mosxgr
No Flag fightinfrenchman
Ninja
Donator 04

Post by fightinfrenchman »

Mosx wrote:It's dumb call someone gay but it's also dumb ban someone on twitch for say this word during a competitive game without reading the context this call someone gay in some context in some situation become fun and not an offense,but depends from the situation..
Yeah the context makes it worse, actually
Dromedary Scone Mix is not Alone Mix
Nauru Dolan
Ninja

Post by Dolan »

Cometk wrote:Yeah pretty much nobody thinks like that in America. First time I'm ever hearing it. People here become homophobic due to fanatic bible culture.
So that's why most Chinese oppose same-sex marriage, because they're firm bible thumpers.

Ironically it's countries shaped by Christian culture where support for tolerance of every possible kind of identity appeared.
United States of America Cometk
Retired Contributor

Post by Cometk »

Dolan wrote:
Cometk wrote:Yeah pretty much nobody thinks like that in America. First time I'm ever hearing it. People here become homophobic due to fanatic bible culture.
So that's why most Chinese oppose same-sex marriage, because they're firm bible thumpers.

Ironically it's countries shaped by Christian culture where support for tolerance of every possible kind of identity appeared.
It took me literally two minutes

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/LGBT_rights_in_China

Tuvalu gibson
Ninja
ECL Reigning Champs

Post by gibson »

Cometk wrote:
Dolan wrote:

That exists outside of Dolans bubble, so it was probably written by a leftist university professor who's only goal is to blame white people for everything
Nauru Dolan
Ninja

Post by Dolan »

Cometk wrote:
Dolan wrote:

Did Islam also adopt its attitude from the West and Christianity? What about Judaism?
Tuvalu gibson
Ninja
ECL Reigning Champs

Post by gibson »

Notice it Cometks original post he specified America, so islam isnt really relevant, but ofc Islam is just as bad in that regard.
Retired Contributor

Post by Cometk »

gibson wrote:That exists outside of Dolans bubble, so it was probably written by a leftist university professor who's only goal is to blame white people for everything
I mean assuredly it's valuable to check the sources on this wikipedia page. But I'd hazard Dolan's appraisal (and you and I's collective opinion) are only a slice of the cake in understanding the topic of Chinese people's views of homosexuality
No Flag fightinfrenchman
Ninja
Donator 04

Dolan also didn't specify any specific group other than "men"
Tuvalu gibson
Ninja
ECL Reigning Champs

Post by gibson »

Cometk wrote:
gibson wrote:That exists outside of Dolans bubble, so it was probably written by a leftist university professor who's only goal is to blame white people for everything
I mean assuredly it's valuable to check the sources on this wikipedia page. But I'd hazard Dolan's appraisal (and you and I's collective opinion) are only a slice of the cake in understanding the topic of Chinese people's views of homosexuality
I was being sarcastic. If its on Wikipedia its a reliable source.
No Flag fightinfrenchman
Ninja
Donator 04

What men in this thread would say they respect gay people?
Retired Contributor

Post by Cometk »

Dolan wrote:Did Islam also adopt its attitude from the West and Christianity?
By bible fanaticism I am referring only to America which is what I experience first-hand. But speaking more generally, yes, cultures based around the Abrahamic religions tend to be homophobic because homosexuality is explicitly outlawed in their respective religious texts.
gibson wrote:
Cometk wrote:
I was being sarcastic. If its on Wikipedia its a reliable source.
I know you were being sarcastic. But that doesn't necessarily mean the Wikipedia source is a reliable end-all be-all. There's more (individual) research by us to be done before we could give the more accurate appraisal of the topic.
Nauru Dolan
Ninja

Post by Dolan »

@Cometk
Of course, there are people whose life purpose is to keep Wikipedia's pages full of propaganda of some kind. There are editing wars, reversal wars, all sorts of daily conflicts among its editors, because there is a very active class of people who keep spreading particular ideas through Wikipedia. On all sides of any issue.
Not to mention that Wikipedia editors tend to come from very peculiar backgrounds, mostly people from marginalised backgrounds.
No Flag fightinfrenchman
Ninja
Donator 04

Lol
Retired Contributor

Post by Cometk »

Dolan wrote:@Cometk
Of course, there are people whose life purpose is to keep Wikipedia's pages full of propaganda of some kind. There are editing wars, reversal wars, all sorts of daily conflicts among its editors, because there is a very active class of people who keep spreading particular ideas through Wikipedia. On all sides of any issue.
Not to mention that Wikipedia editors tend to come from very peculiar backgrounds, mostly people from marginalised backgrounds.
Sure. I can agree on that.
Dolan wrote:Do I really have to spell it out. People don't respect gays (at least men don't) because they think gays don't accept the hardship of life. And since every man's life is neverending struggle, they think gays just want to take the easy way out. That's why they're giving them hardship to deal with.

Really simple folk psychology.
Maybe this is a more common root of homophobia in Eastern Europe. I'm not sure of the religiosity there. It's not an attitude that I believe is terribly common in America. Or at the very least it'd only be used as a frustrated justification for one's bigotry which has taken form due to the homophobic religious culture the individual was brought up in.
No Flag fightinfrenchman
Ninja
Donator 04

Dolan is straight-up saying that marginalized people are lesser than others
United States of America bittersalt123
Howdah

Post by bittersalt123 »

fightinfrenchman wrote:What men in this thread would say they respect gay people?
There's gay people I respect irl but them being gay has nothing to do with my opinion of them.
"It makes a lot of sense to me that you're a Floridian." fightinfrenchman

Who needs water when you've got Brawndo – The Thirst Mutilator?

Secretary of State: But Brawndo's got what plants crave. It's got electrolytes
Tuvalu gibson
Ninja
ECL Reigning Champs

Post by gibson »

Cometk wrote:
Dolan wrote:@Cometk
Sure. I can agree on that.
You shouldn't agree with that,at least not the wikipedia editors come from marginalized backgrounds, cause he's just making it up.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wikipedia:Wikipedians

90 percent male, with the top 3 countries being USA, England, and Russia.

Just google the names of the top wikipedia editors and you'll see mostly white males. Not that white males cant come from marginalized backgrounds, but its statistically less likely.
No Flag fightinfrenchman
Ninja
Donator 04

bittersalt123 wrote:
fightinfrenchman wrote:What men in this thread would say they respect gay people?
There's gay people I respect irl but them being gay has nothing to do with my opinion of them.
Do you disrespect people for being gay?
Tuvalu gibson
Ninja
ECL Reigning Champs

Post by gibson »

fightinfrenchman wrote:
bittersalt123 wrote:
He's saying that their being gay doesn't effect his opinion of them, negatively or positively.
No Flag fightinfrenchman
Ninja
Donator 04

gibson wrote:
fightinfrenchman wrote:
Show hidden quotes
He's saying that their being gay doesn't effect his opinion of them, negatively or positively.
I know, my point was that Dolan said men don't respect gay people
United States of America bittersalt123
Howdah

Post by bittersalt123 »

fightinfrenchman wrote:
bittersalt123 wrote:
I could care less what people's private sex life is like because I really don't care. I've said things online that were very jackass but i'm trying to change that but irl not at all.
"It makes a lot of sense to me that you're a Floridian." fightinfrenchman

Who needs water when you've got Brawndo – The Thirst Mutilator?

Secretary of State: But Brawndo's got what plants crave. It's got electrolytes
Nauru Dolan
Ninja

Post by Dolan »

gibson wrote:You shouldn't agree with that,at least not the wikipedia editors come from marginalized backgrounds, cause he's just making it up.

Just google the names of the top wikipedia editors and you'll see mostly white males. Not that white males cant come from marginalized backgrounds, but its statistically less likely.
Who do you think has the strong motivation to sit on their ass and write on Wiki all day? It's mostly people with some kind of marginalised background: autism, aspergers, trans, gay, etc. Sure, there are also people who are professionals in their field and want to contribute, but most editors are aspies and trannies who are angry about the world and want to spread their version of knowledge. Yeah, I know that because I once tried to be a Wiki editor and I only lasted a few weeks, until I realised those people simply have no other life, except fighting over edits that suit their narrative every day.
No Flag fightinfrenchman
Ninja
Donator 04

Yeah I can't imagine that maybe the stuff you wanted to put on Wikipedia might have been bad
Tuvalu gibson
Ninja
ECL Reigning Champs

Post by gibson »

Dolan wrote:
gibson wrote:You shouldn't agree with that,at least not the wikipedia editors come from marginalized backgrounds, cause he's just making it up.

Who do you think has the strong motivation to sit on their ass and write on Wiki all day? It's mostly people with some kind of marginalised background: autism, aspergers, trans, gay, etc. Sure, there are also people who are professionals in their field and want to contribute, but most editors are aspies and trannies who are angry about the world and want to spread their version of knowledge. Yeah, I know that because I once tried to be a Wiki editor and I only lasted a few weeks, until I realised those people simply have no other life, except fighting over edits that suit their narrative every day.
It literally says less than 1 percent of wikipedia editors are trans, which would fall right in line with the amount of trans people there are in the world. As to the aspergers or autism I could see that being correct.