thread where you say sorry for flaming

This is for discussions about the community, players, forum games, grudge matches, memes and everything else related to ESOC and its members.
Germany amiggo1999
Advanced Player
Donator 01
ESO: miggo1999

Re: thread where you say sorry for flaming

Post by amiggo1999 »

Lukas_L99 wrote:
amiggo1999 wrote:
Lukas_L99 wrote:What nihilism are you talking about? I think the community is pretty fun except for some retards, but youre gonna meet them IRL as well.
The mere fact that the community is made up by many ppl who spend hours every day to play a videogame (which doesn't help them in any meaningful way irl) is already testament to the nihilism. Every hour you spend playing games like this, you're not making the wolrd a better place - a obviously terrible opportunity cost. If you were however not wasting that time playing video games, but rather doing something good for: your health, family, career, etc. You wouldn't be a nihilist.
Why cant you do something for your health, family, career etc. and still play some games in your free time?
Why not do something that is not only fun, but ALSO helps you in another important area irl: e.g. working out. The thing is, the only reason a person would be playing games is because he seeks expedience rather than meaning, which won't serve him nor the community best.
Image Image
Australia Kawapasaka
ESOC Pro Team

Post by Kawapasaka »

Nihilism? The fuck are you on about? People are just enjoying a video game without holding themselves to an arbitrary standard of productivity and self-improvement.
Germany amiggo1999
Advanced Player
Donator 01

Post by amiggo1999 »

Kawapasaka wrote:Nihilism? The fuck are you on about? People are just enjoying a video game without holding themselves to an arbitrary standard of productivity and self-improvement.
It's not an arbritary standard. "Just enjoying" as you formulate it makes it seem like something innocent. But in actuality this attitude demonstrates the failure of accepting the responsibility of seeking what is best for yourself and society as a whole, and then acting it out properly.
Image Image
Germany Lukas_L99
Pro Player
Donator 01
ESO: Lukas_L99

Post by Lukas_L99 »

You can work out, have a social life, pursue a career and still play some AoE3 games, believe me!
Germany amiggo1999
Advanced Player
Donator 01

Post by amiggo1999 »

Lukas_L99 wrote:You can work out, have a social life, pursue a career and still play some AoE3 games, believe me!
And still your life could be even better, if you found something truly meaningful as replacement for playing videogames!
Image Image
United States of America n0el
ESOC Business Team
ESO: jezabob
Clan: ķŒ€ ķ•˜ģš°ģŠ¤

Post by n0el »

You need to have something to do for fun that takes your mind off the rest of life. For some itā€™s video games, for some itā€™s reading, it can be a lot of things.
mad cuz bad
Germany Lukas_L99
Pro Player
Donator 01
ESO: Lukas_L99

Post by Lukas_L99 »

ā€žTruly meaningfulā€œ is entirely subjective.
Australia Kawapasaka
ESOC Pro Team

Post by Kawapasaka »

amiggo1999 wrote:
Kawapasaka wrote:Nihilism? The fuck are you on about? People are just enjoying a video game without holding themselves to an arbitrary standard of productivity and self-improvement.
It's not an arbritary standard. "Just enjoying" as you formulate it makes it seem like something innocent. But in actuality this attitude demonstrates the failure of accepting the responsibility of seeking what is best for yourself and society as a whole, and then acting it out properly.
Whose responsibility? Who's the arbiter or what's best for yourself and society? Where does the perfect balance lie between serving yourself and serving the community? What if I told you you're horrible and selfish for working out and that you should be spending that valuable time volunteering at a homeless shelter instead? Do you see how this gets us absolutely nowhere?
Latvia harcha
Gendarme
ESO: hatamoto_samurai

Post by harcha »

amiggo1999 wrote:
Lukas_L99 wrote:
Show hidden quotes
Why cant you do something for your health, family, career etc. and still play some games in your free time?
Why not do something that is not only fun, but ALSO helps you in another important area irl: e.g. working out. The thing is, the only reason a person would be playing games is because he seeks expedience rather than meaning, which won't serve him nor the community best.
but what if my goal is to become as meaningless as humanly possible?
POC wrote:Also I most likely know a whole lot more than you.
POC wrote:Also as an objective third party, and near 100% accuracy of giving correct information, I would say my opinions are more reliable than yours.
No Flag fightinfrenchman
Ninja
Donator 04

Post by fightinfrenchman »

amiggo1999 wrote:
Working out isn't fun
Dromedary Scone Mix is not Alone Mix
France iNcog
Ninja

Post by iNcog »

-- deleted post --

Reason: on request (off-topic bulk delete)
YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/incog_aoe
Garja wrote: ā†‘
20 Mar 2020, 21:46
I just hope DE is not going to implement all of the EP changes. Right now it is a big clusterfuck.
Germany amiggo1999
Advanced Player
Donator 01

Post by amiggo1999 »

n0el wrote:You need to have something to do for fun that takes your mind off the rest of life. For some itā€™s video games, for some itā€™s reading, it can be a lot of things.
True, but some of these activities are much more worthwhile doing, as they (as I already mentioned) come together with addititional benefits for your real life. E.g.: reading with new knowlege.
Image Image
Spain NekoBerk
Lancer
ESO: Nirket

Post by NekoBerk »

Well, to be honest...

Playing videogames is not that bad unless you're actually wasting your time and getting distracted from your life. If you got things more importants to do that day (let's say work, homework, responsibilitys...) DO THEM ALL FIRST, you'll see how efficient you're being doing them first and then you can reward yourself enjoyning the time left with whatever you like to do. But, I also don't recommend spending more than 2 hours playing everyday unless your dream is being a top 1 competitive player but then you must use your play time on improving your learning curve faster and better which means really hard work and dedication. Whatever your dream is, i highly recommend you to do some exercise 3 times a week at least and eating healthy food. We are what we eat, a healthy body means a healthy mind, which makes you take better life decisions, think with clarity + self-esteem + confidence in achieve your goals.

Also if you want to achieve the pro levels in life, some meditation everyday will let you develop full focus in living the moment which means improving your actions per minute in real life and also a better micro/macro in Aoe3.
"That's why we sing for these kids who don't have a thing
Except for a dream and a fuckin' rap magazine " - Eminem

"And we hate po-po
Wanna kill us dead in the street fo sho' " - Kendrick Lamar
No Flag deleted_user0
Ninja

Post by deleted_user0 »

Ashvin wrote:
somppukunkku wrote:vs garja you don't simply go to sleep
LMAO

Really wanna know the aftermath. Did you play him, if yes then how long did it take you to get off and have a sleep? Did it really take a week?

@deleted_user2
I think we played brit mirror 6 times in a row and I won every single game by doing "inbase semi-ff". Garja claimed it's a bad strat but kept losing. At some point at 3am or so I told I'm going sleep and garja said this. This was maybe 2 years ago or something.
Tuvalu gibson
Ninja
ECL Reigning Champs

Post by gibson »

Private messaging people telling them to kill themselves is really a great way improve ones self and help society
Germany amiggo1999
Advanced Player
Donator 01

Post by amiggo1999 »

I never said that that was justified or a correct reaction to the situation. But I will not apologize to a scumbag like yourself either.
Image Image
Australia Hazza54321
Pro Player
Winter Champion 2020 x2Donator 01
ESO: PrinceofBabu

Post by Hazza54321 »

Haha. Theres me thinking dongtay was gibsons biggest fan
Great Britain I_HaRRiiSoN_I
Retired Contributor

Post by I_HaRRiiSoN_I »

has anybody mentioned sirmusket yet? I recently got sirmusket'd in a pm
Tokelau jesus3
Jaeger

Post by jesus3 »

To be honest, I don't really understand it, it's quite alien to me. However, flaming seems like an interesting concept
United States of America n0el
ESOC Business Team
ESO: jezabob
Clan: ķŒ€ ķ•˜ģš°ģŠ¤

Post by n0el »

amiggo1999 wrote:
n0el wrote:You need to have something to do for fun that takes your mind off the rest of life. For some itā€™s video games, for some itā€™s reading, it can be a lot of things.
True, but some of these activities are much more worthwhile doing, as they (as I already mentioned) come together with addititional benefits for your real life. E.g.: reading with new knowlege.
To each his own.
mad cuz bad
Tuvalu gibson
Ninja
ECL Reigning Champs

Post by gibson »

amiggo1999 wrote:I never said that that was justified or a correct reaction to the situation. But I will not apologize to a scumbag like yourself either.
Its just ironic that you talk about bettering society and how I'm a scumbag because I said you played like shit in a game that you played like shit in, when you engage in behavior that has actually pushed people over the edge and caused them to kill themselves. Obviously I'm not depressed or suicidal( not that you could actually know that) so the insult itself isn't going to effect me, however I'm probably more sensitive in terms of getting angry about that kind of thing because one of my moms close friends had a kid who killed himself in part because of people like yourself antagonizing him online in the same way that you did to me. You are the definition of a spoiled child, not understanding that your actions and the things that you say can have real life consequences, and I hope in the future you choose insults that would be less likely to push a depressed person towards suicide. It just seems like words, but depressed people internalize and dwell upon small things like that and it grows and grows upon them until they do something terrible. Again I'm not a victim here, and the chances of stumbling upon someone who's in that state of mind is very very small, but its just not worth the risk when theres nothing to be gained. I hope you find whatever you're looking for in life, because reading your other posts its clear that video games is the symptom rather than the problem.
France [Armag] diarouga
Ninja
NWC LAN Gold
ESO: diarouga

Post by [Armag] diarouga »

@gibson It s quite pathetic to cry when people flame you back after you harass them tbh.
I'm not saying that miggo is right to flame you at all but you keep bullying him when he's obviously pissed off so you can't expect him to be nice with you.
United States of America vardar
Lancer
ESO: VardarB98/DemonDeacs

Post by vardar »

I could never imagine even jokingly telling someone to kill themselves...
c0ns!
France iNcog
Ninja

Post by iNcog »

-- deleted post --

Reason: on request (off-topic bulk delete)
YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/incog_aoe
Garja wrote: ā†‘
20 Mar 2020, 21:46
I just hope DE is not going to implement all of the EP changes. Right now it is a big clusterfuck.
Tuvalu gibson
Ninja
ECL Reigning Champs

Post by gibson »

[Armag] diarouga wrote:@gibson It s quite pathetic to cry when people flame you back after you harass them tbh.
I'm not saying that miggo is right to flame you at all but you keep bullying him when he's obviously pissed off so you can't expect him to be nice with you.
Learn reading comprehension dude, oh well canā€™t expect much from a guy who thinks itā€™s fine to call black people niggers. Ill try to say it in a way that even you can understand. Flaming is fine, but there are certain places that you shouldn't go, and telling someone to kill them self is one of those.