Next LAN brainstorming

This is for discussions about the community, players, forum games, grudge matches, memes and everything else related to ESOC and its members.
No Flag skandertayebi
Crossbow
ESO: skandertayebi

Re: Next LAN brainstorming

Post by skandertayebi »

Prague would be sick, cheap locations and cheap beer
Uzbekistan Timurid
Skirmisher
ESO: Trained Spahi

Post by Timurid »

how about east cost USA? will definitely join if a LAN happens in USA.
United States of America dicktator_
Howdah
EWT
ESO: Conquerer999

Post by dicktator_ »

east coast usa sounds good to me
steniothejonjoe wrote:I can micro better than 99% of the player base and that's 100% objective
:mds:
Great Britain Interjection
Howdah
Donator 04
ESO: Interjection

Post by Interjection »

Man, I'd love to do a post Covid NWC2
No Flag fightinfrenchman
Ninja
Donator 04

Post by fightinfrenchman »

Riotcoke wrote:Well after covid obviously. And location i feel there's a consensus of someone in europe, specifically prague?
I was thinking Lancaster tbh ngl
Dromedary Scone Mix is not Alone Mix
United States of America Podawe
Musketeer
ESO: Skeeter666

Post by Podawe »

Why don't we just start pooling and saving up for one big awesome LAN tourney rather than having a bunch of smaller tournaments? Tbh it was the LAN tourney that brought me back to the game because it seemed like the game was really having a reawakening.

Also I'm all for having it in East USA. Although the US is like a post-apocalyptic warzone right now so I wouldn't recommend it at this junction...
No Flag fightinfrenchman
Ninja
Donator 04

Podawe wrote:Why don't we just start pooling and saving up for one big awesome LAN tourney rather than having a bunch of smaller tournaments? Tbh it was the LAN tourney that brought me back to the game because it seemed like the game was really having a reawakening.

Also I'm all for having it in East USA. Although the US is like a post-apocalyptic warzone right now so I wouldn't recommend it at this junction...
Lancaster, PA is perfectly safe, and we're currently in the "yellow phase" so we'll probably be good to go by the time we can organize a LAN
Great Britain Riotcoke
Retired Contributor
ECL Reigning ChampsDonator 01
ESO: Riotcoke
Clan: UwU

Post by Riotcoke »

Problem about having it in the us is there's less players in the US. Really having it in Europe is honestly the only feasible way if you don't want to break the budget

twitch.tv/stangoesdeepTV
No Flag deleted_user
Ninja

Post by deleted_user »

If you take a function of players that incorporates administrative efforts then the LAN should be held in NA. If you take a function of players that incorporates money raised for charity then the LAN should be held in Lancaster, PA.
Great Britain Black_Duck
Dragoon
ESO: Tom
Clan: DUKC

Post by Black_Duck »

Riotcoke wrote:Well after covid obviously. And location i feel there's a consensus of someone in europe, specifically prague?

What about NL? Super cheap flights/trains for people in Europe, easy to move about once you're in the country and it has a major international airport about an hour away from anywhere in the country. Loads of smaller towns/cities with good bars/student life cheaper than Amsterdam too.
Challenged_Macro wrote: Respect Mussolini guys,if hes triggered there is always a reason.
Mussolini wrote: I hope corona gets you, your family and all your fuckin relatives as you fuckin deserve it for being cocky
Netherlands Mr_Bramboy
Retired Contributor
Donator 01
ESO: [VOC] Bram

Post by Mr_Bramboy »

ITT 'actually we should do it in my country'
Great Britain Riotcoke
Retired Contributor

Post by Riotcoke »

Black_Duck wrote:

What about NL? Super cheap flights/trains for people in Europe, easy to move about once you're in the country and it has a major international airport about an hour away from anywhere in the country. Loads of smaller towns/cities with good bars/student life cheaper than Amsterdam too.
Problem with western europe is the cost of accomodation. @Interjection and the guys at escape can proably testify with the price of hotels etc for the last lan. Dam is also just more expensive as a whole than prague.

Although I did look at some of the AirBNB prices over the off season (I.e not summer) and the price for a large house, for like 16 people which i feel is a good way to host a lan maybe, is actually not that expensive, at like £50 a night per person.

twitch.tv/stangoesdeepTV
Great Britain chris1089
Retired Contributor
ESO: chris1089

Post by chris1089 »

Does it have to be in a major city though? Taking NL as an example, could you fly into Leiden but hold the lan in a town nearby rather than in a major city?
France iNcog
Ninja

Post by iNcog »

-- deleted post --

Reason: on request (off-topic bulk delete)
YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/incog_aoe
Garja wrote:
20 Mar 2020, 21:46
I just hope DE is not going to implement all of the EP changes. Right now it is a big clusterfuck.
No Flag fightinfrenchman
Ninja
Donator 04

iNcog wrote:Agree, just go out to the boonies a bit

Though maybe we wanna bar hop after the events
Lancaster has cheap rural areas all around while still having a fun and thriving downtown area
France iNcog
Ninja

Post by iNcog »

-- deleted post --

Reason: on request (off-topic bulk delete)
YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/incog_aoe
Garja wrote:
20 Mar 2020, 21:46
I just hope DE is not going to implement all of the EP changes. Right now it is a big clusterfuck.
No Flag fightinfrenchman
Ninja
Donator 04

The funny thing is another LAN would be a great opportunity to travel, which is something I want to do, and yet I'm still lobbying to have it be held as close as possible
Great Britain Black_Duck
Dragoon
ESO: Tom
Clan: DUKC

Post by Black_Duck »

chris1089 wrote:Does it have to be in a major city though? Taking NL as an example, could you fly into Leiden but hold the lan in a town nearby rather than in a major city?
Good thinking Chris! Leiden is a small enough town to find somewhere cheap. AND its got a nice nightlife with more girls than the average university.
Challenged_Macro wrote: Respect Mussolini guys,if hes triggered there is always a reason.
Mussolini wrote: I hope corona gets you, your family and all your fuckin relatives as you fuckin deserve it for being cocky
Great Britain Riotcoke
Retired Contributor

Post by Riotcoke »

chris1089 wrote:Does it have to be in a major city though? Taking NL as an example, could you fly into Leiden but hold the lan in a town nearby rather than in a major city?
You sort of want a big city though, half of the fun is going out in the evening, like that's the one thing that was sort of lacking with the NWC lan, it was in like a town next to manchester, not in manchester itself.

twitch.tv/stangoesdeepTV
No Flag fightinfrenchman
Ninja
Donator 04

Riotcoke wrote:
You sort of want a big city though, half of the fun is going out in the evening, like that's the one thing that was sort of lacking with the NWC lan, it was in like a town next to manchester, not in manchester itself.
There's lots of great places to go out at night in Lancaster, PA
Great Britain Riotcoke
Retired Contributor

Post by Riotcoke »

fightinfrenchman wrote:
Riotcoke wrote:
There's lots of great places to go out at night in Lancaster, PA
Okay enjoy your week ban

twitch.tv/stangoesdeepTV
France Rikikipu
Retired Contributor
ESO: p-of

Post by Rikikipu »

fightinfrenchman wrote: There's lots of great places to go out at night in Lancaster, PA
I'm wondering... Is there any Wildwood there ?
No Flag fightinfrenchman
Ninja
Donator 04

Rikikipu wrote:
fightinfrenchman wrote: There's lots of great places to go out at night in Lancaster, PA
I'm wondering... Is there any Wildwood there ?
It's a couple hours away, which generally isn't worth driving if you're only going to be there for like 11 hours
Tokelau jesus3
Jaeger

Post by jesus3 »

I believe most Europeans already kinda agreed on Prague as the optimal place. Huge international airport, relatively cheap accommodation and other expenses, great sightseeing/nightlife possibilities

Also, for those brave people from further abroad, there are also the perks of being in central Europe - meaning that afterwards you can easily visit other European countries for relatively cheap and fast, too
No Flag fightinfrenchman
Ninja
Donator 04

jesus3 wrote:I believe most Europeans already kinda agreed on Prague as the optimal place. Huge international airport, relatively cheap accommodation and other expenses, great sightseeing/nightlife possibilities
All of these apply to Lancaster, PA as well