AOE2 DE THREAD

This is for discussions about the community, players, forum games, grudge matches, memes and everything else related to ESOC and its members.
France iNcog
Ninja

Re: AOE2 DE THREAD

Post by iNcog »

-- deleted post --

Reason: on request (off-topic bulk delete)
YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/incog_aoe
Garja wrote:
20 Mar 2020, 21:46
I just hope DE is not going to implement all of the EP changes. Right now it is a big clusterfuck.
United States of America n0el
ESOC Business Team
ESO: jezabob
Clan: 팀 하우스

Post by n0el »

I love empire mode
mad cuz bad
France iNcog
Ninja

Post by iNcog »

-- deleted post --

Garja wrote:
I just hope DE is not going to implement all of the EP changes. Right now it is a big clusterfuck.
European Union aaryngend
Howdah
Clan: N3O

Post by aaryngend »

AOE2:DE is shaping up wonderfully.
Let's see when the quality of the product is so good not even Goodspeed can find negative points anymore.
Netherlands Goodspeed
Retired Contributor

Post by Goodspeed »

They fixed some issues for sure, but:
Pathing can still be game-breaking. Cavalry units in particular often don't fight, it looks like because they're trying to attack an unreachable unit.
The multiplayer lobby is still dogshit.
Spectator mode still leaves a lot to be desired. This one is not as bad though because CaptureAge is on the case.
Tuvalu gibson
Ninja
ECL Reigning Champs

Post by gibson »

iNcog wrote:
EAGLEMUT wrote:
Show hidden quotes
Welcome to the world without record game compatibility tool :hmm:
you'd think they have that feature but no, it seems it's an EP exclusive 360 no scope more mvp work from you guys!!

always funny when I take EP features for granted
Who could create a better compatibility tool, a group of paid devs or a little european boy who isnt even captain?
European Union aaryngend
Howdah

Post by aaryngend »

Ye I noticed the pathing issue with cav too. I remember sending out 20 knights to fight a mass of 25 or 30 bows once, both armies having only 1 black smith upgrade, I just cornered them in a forest, attack moved them and looked at my eco. 10 seconds later I see all knights were dead?!? My opponent either exploited the pathing AI or was extremely lucky.

Game isn't even half a year old Goodspeed, towards the end of the year I'm sure even those things will be fixed. If you want to criticize a remake, look no further than WarCraft III:Reforged
France iNcog
Ninja

Post by iNcog »

-- deleted post --

Garja wrote:
Netherlands Goodspeed
Retired Contributor

Post by Goodspeed »

aaryngend wrote:Ye I noticed the pathing issue with cav too. I remember sending out 20 knights to fight a mass of 25 or 30 bows once, both armies having only 1 black smith upgrade, I just cornered them in a forest, attack moved them and looked at my eco. 10 seconds later I see all knights were dead?!? My opponent either exploited the pathing AI or was extremely lucky.

Game isn't even half a year old Goodspeed, towards the end of the year I'm sure even those things will be fixed. If you want to criticize a remake, look no further than WarCraft III:Reforged
The pathing issue should've been fixed a long time ago
European Union aaryngend
Howdah

Post by aaryngend »

Should but you have to understand that the Definitive Edition is based on the original game, which had working path finding only through "hacks" and creative programming.
Not easy to replicate that with all the graphical and under-the-hood changes I guess.
France iNcog
Ninja

Post by iNcog »

-- deleted post --

Garja wrote:
European Union aaryngend
Howdah

Post by aaryngend »

Or maybe they tried to repliacte SC:BW where you fight the UI even more than your opponent?!?
Netherlands Goodspeed
Retired Contributor

Post by Goodspeed »

aaryngend wrote:Should but you have to understand that the Definitive Edition is based on the original game, which had working path finding only through "hacks" and creative programming.
Not easy to replicate that with all the graphical and under-the-hood changes I guess.
I'm not saying it's easy to fix. Just that it should've been fixed by now. They've had plenty of time.
Germany lordraphael
Pro Player
EWTNWC LAN SilverAdvanced Division WinnerDonator 01

Post by lordraphael »

i wonder if tis even possible to fix pathing.DId they achieve that in sc BW remake? im not to familiar with that game nor the remake, but as it is so old i imagine bw had some pathingissues aswell
breeze wrote: they cant even guess how much f***ing piece of stupid retarded they look they are trying to give lesson to people who are over pr35 and know the best mu. im pretty sure that we need a page that only pr30+ post and then we could have a nice discussins.
European Union aaryngend
Howdah

Post by aaryngend »

lordraphael wrote:i wonder if tis even possible to fix pathing.DId they achieve that in sc BW remake? im not to familiar with that game nor the remake, but as it is so old i imagine bw had some pathingissues aswell
The thing is, they didn't want to fix the pathing issues in bw, nor do any pros want it. It became such an integral part of the game, they let that inside.
With aoe2 it's different though, the pathing is worse than in the original game. That's why it needs to be fixed.
France iNcog
Ninja

Post by iNcog »

-- deleted post --

Garja wrote:
Netherlands Goodspeed
Retired Contributor

Post by Goodspeed »

Seems like it's happening because units are trying to find a path to an unreachable unit. Instead of retargeting, they keep trying to find a new path. This really shouldn't take months to fix. It's an issue of priorities.
Australia robo
ESOC Media Team
ESO: robo_boro
Clan: sQad

Post by robo »

n0el wrote:I love empire mode
Glad you're enjoying it!
France iNcog
Ninja

Post by iNcog »

-- deleted post --
Attachments
MP Replay v101.101.36906.0 @2020.05.02 090405 (2).rar
(285.51 KiB) Downloaded 9 times

Garja wrote:
Vietnam duckzilla
Jaeger

Post by duckzilla »

Conqs suck? Heavily doubt that, they are widely considered the strongest castle age unit. The only upgrades for conqs are the archer line armor upgrades. The archer line attack upgrades do not apply for conqs.
Whatever is written above: this is no financial advice.

Beati pauperes spiritu.
France iNcog
Ninja

Post by iNcog »

-- deleted post --

Garja wrote:
Italy gamevideo113
Howdah
ESO: gamevideo113

Post by gamevideo113 »

iNcog wrote:Here's a replay where I tried to do a Spanish FC into Conqs. It was very underwhelming. What upgrades should I be getting? And why do Conqs suck so much? Perhaps I shouldn't have forced the issue fighting uphill but
I'll make a video review one of these days! Hopefully i won't procrastinate too much lol
[Some people aspire to be pr30+, some people aspire to have fun, and some people aspire to play 3v3 Deccan.] - vividlyplain - 2019 Who (nationality) rape ?
stupid logic. noob players can say op?
toxic, Insult, Racism ?
France iNcog
Ninja

Post by iNcog »

-- deleted post --

Garja wrote:
European Union aaryngend
Howdah

Post by aaryngend »

Is there any resource to find up-to-date aoe2:DE replays? aoczone mostly has ones from the original version with Userpatch.
Vietnam duckzilla
Jaeger

Post by duckzilla »

Just watched the replay. I would recommend skipping the market and building rax + stable instead to get to castle age. When you go conqs, this allows you to get bloodlines early, which could have been a deciding factor in the early fights. Further, you would have had easy access to cavalry (scout line especially), which would have been very useful against his archers.

I think the major problem was that you tried to fight his cheap archer mass (Maya get discount on archers) with your relatively expensive conqs. I would argue that the match could have been even worse had your opponent added some skirmishers. Anyway, building a stable to get easy access to scout line and blood lines + dodging the first fight after seeing his archers and going for his eco instead would have changed the course of the game considerably.
Whatever is written above: this is no financial advice.

Beati pauperes spiritu.