How are you all dealing with lockdown?

This is for discussions about the community, players, forum games, grudge matches, memes and everything else related to ESOC and its members.
Kiribati princeofcarthage
Retired Contributor

How are you all dealing with lockdown?

Post by princeofcarthage »

Its ~40 days for most of us since been under varying degrees of lockdown. Last night I almost snapped something which has never happened and it made me wonder what if lockdown is unknowingly affecting me as I figured I was fine being an introvert for most of my life. How are you all coping up with it? Are you having any negative effects because of it? What positive things are you doing? What changes do you see in yourself? Feel free to share anything.

Also on a side not, if anyone is feeling stressed, wants to vent or just want to talk feel free to pm me here or on discord :)
Fine line to something great is a strange change.
Retired Contributor

Re: How are you all dealing with lockdown?

On positive side I am currently doing a IoT ( Internet of things ) crash course of 15 days. I believe this is a pretty good time to take up/complete hobbies or skills which we always wanted to do but didn't have time :)
No Flag fightinfrenchman
Ninja
Donator 04

Post by fightinfrenchman »

Like shit
Dromedary Scone Mix is not Alone Mix
France Le Hussard sur le toit
Howdah
ESO: LeHussardsurletoit

Post by Le Hussard sur le toit »

PhD student in mathematics here: lockdown does not change anything - I was not going to the lab anyway before that.
(only sad things are no mass and no hiking but I can work on my AoE3 skills so every virus has a silver lining I guess)
ESOC : came for the game, stayed for the drama.
No Flag RefluxSemantic
Gendarme

Post by RefluxSemantic »

It's okay-ish. I find I have little motivation to be productive, but I was honestly a bit burned out on this uni year even before lockdown started. I also miss my friends a bit, but hanging out with them on discord helps.
United States of America GiBthedurrty
Lancer
Donator 01
Clan: YumiW

Post by GiBthedurrty »

its u?
Attachments
princeofcarthage.jpg
Canada Mitoe
Advanced Theory Craftsman
ESO: Mitoe
GameRanger ID: 346407

Post by Mitoe »

I’m still going to work full time but it’s still getting to me a bit. A lot of things at the workplace have changed and now it almost feels like I’ve been living the same day on repeat for the last month or so, and there’s no way to plan anything for the future at the moment until all of this is over.

So yeah kinda sucks.
No Flag howlingwolfpaw
Jaeger

Post by howlingwolfpaw »

Was my goal this winter to get this chair reupholstered. Its been in my family for over 100 years, my dad had it redone in the 70's. The seat was actually partially stuffed with straw.

old chair 2.jpg
chair redone 2.jpg
Attachments
chair redone 1.jpg
Holy See Imperial Noob
Lancer

Post by Imperial Noob »

The only thing that changed is that I don't have to get on a bus every day to get to the lecture hall. It's better than ever. I feel very motivated and doing all sorts of things that I was too lazy to do earlier (working out, learning French, learning music theory).

Ok, on a second thought, I regret that the opera house is closed. I like to attend it once in a while.
Tuvalu gibson
Ninja
ECL Reigning Champs

Post by gibson »

Sucks ass. Still going to work but miss hanging out with my friends and sports
United States of America bittersalt123
Howdah

Post by bittersalt123 »

Life just couldn't be better really.
"It makes a lot of sense to me that you're a Floridian." fightinfrenchman

Who needs water when you've got Brawndo – The Thirst Mutilator?

Secretary of State: But Brawndo's got what plants crave. It's got electrolytes
India Challenger_Marco
ESOC Media Team
ESO: challenger_marco

Post by Challenger_Marco »

Seems like a normal life here
:nwc:
Nauru Dolan
Ninja

Post by Dolan »

I haven't stopped working, so that stayed the same.
But when I go outside I have to put on this facemask and gloves kit, which sucks because it's sometimes hard to breath through that fabric, especially if you're carrying a ton of stuff.
I had to run extra errands for my folks too, since they're older and they are only allowed to leave the house within a certain interval, so I had to do groceries for them too.
Friends and fam couldn't visit because it's illegal, so it's all pretty reptile now.
Other than that, all fine.

I got a bout of fever one day, it only lasted for a few hours then it went away. Still dunno if it was corona or not.
Germany Lukas_L99
Pro Player
Donator 01
ESO: Lukas_L99

Post by Lukas_L99 »

For me everything is more or less the same as before, I just can't meet my friends/GF as often as before to go out with or work out.

But I guess I'm lucky to not be in university atm or losing my job cause of it.
Switzerland sebnan12
Jaeger
ESO: Mongobillione

Post by sebnan12 »

nothing changed except having no work atm. no one here actually cares about the lockdown so we just go to the lakle and drink during days
"Why are you trying to lecture me on my own language, no wonder you people shit in the open street."- Riotcoke

''man he's slow rolling him more than a fish on a royal flush'' - Garja

NEED MORE XP
Armenia Sargsyan
Jaeger
Donator 01
ESO: lamergamer
Clan: c0ns

Post by Sargsyan »

sleeping well because of no college feels great
krichk wrote:For some reason, you want the world to know that you're brave enough to challenge Challenger_Marco
United States of America XeeleeFlower
Retired Contributor
Xeelee Patron

Post by XeeleeFlower »

Struggling with depression. Not from being in lockdown, just worried for people and our society. Some days I sleep a lot. Other days I only sleep for 5 hours. Started playing Skyrim again and have been losing myself in Tamriel. Also been drinking maybe a bit more than usual. Would like to have healthier coping mechanisms, such as doing some exercise, but it feels like way too much effort right now. Everything feels like effort, except for lounging around. It's okay for a time, but I know I need to snap myself out of it.
Time is wise and our wounds seem to heal to the rhythm of aging,
But our past is a ghost fading out that at night it’s still haunting.

http://www.galactanet.com/oneoff/theegg_mod.html
United States of America Darwin_
Howdah

Post by Darwin_ »

Online classes are total trash, and not just for me/my school. If I were like the european folks who aren't charged tuition I'd be less salty, but currently I and my family are paying just an ABSURD amount of money for 5 hours of group (10-12 students) videochat with professors a week, like I could do much better for myself by going on kahn academy and reading books/wikipedia lmao. Of course I have more time to work out and I am also fortunate enough to be able to get out of the city and live in a quiet area with beach access (though it's still only 50 degrees (10 celsius) everyday). Currently I'm researching opportunities for taking the next year of school off and traveling/working/volunteering (I'm finishing up my first year of college in june) for a number of reasons, many of which are not COVID-related, but some of which are (whether my school is even having in-person learning next fall, etc...). I did manage to get a job and it pays like twice as much where I am now compared to where I go to college, so that's nice.
somppukunkku wrote:This is not a fucking discogame.
Tokelau jesus3
Jaeger

Post by jesus3 »

XeeleeFlower wrote:Struggling with depression. Not from being in lockdown, just worried for people and our society. Some days I sleep a lot. Other days I only sleep for 5 hours. Started playing Skyrim again and have been losing myself in Tamriel. Also been drinking maybe a bit more than usual. Would like to have healthier coping mechanisms, such as doing some exercise, but it feels like way too much effort right now. Everything feels like effort, except for lounging around. It's okay for a time, but I know I need to snap myself out of it.
To some degree we can all relate to the last part. I hope you'll pull through your depression without damaging yourself physically too much, it's no small thing. Take your time to heal :flowers:
Finland princeofkabul
Pro Player
NWC LAN Top 8EPL Reigning Champs
ESO: Princeofkabul

Post by princeofkabul »

I haven't been able to go to gym. Corona has made me more productive in terms of school though.
Oh yeah, I was supposed to start working full time in pretty nice job. It's has been postponed because of corona situation.
Chairman of Washed Up clan
Leader of the Shady Swedes
Team Manager of the Blockhouse Boomers
France Le Hussard sur le toit
Howdah
ESO: LeHussardsurletoit

Post by Le Hussard sur le toit »

Darwin_ wrote:Online classes are total trash, and not just for me/my school. If I were like the european folks who aren't charged tuition I'd be less salty, but currently I and my family are paying just an ABSURD amount of money for 5 hours of group (10-12 students) videochat with professors a week, like I could do much better for myself by going on kahn academy and reading books/wikipedia lmao. Of course I have more time to work out and I am also fortunate enough to be able to get out of the city and live in a quiet area with beach access (though it's still only 50 degrees (10 celsius) everyday). Currently I'm researching opportunities for taking the next year of school off and traveling/working/volunteering (I'm finishing up my first year of college in june) for a number of reasons, many of which are not COVID-related, but some of which are (whether my school is even having in-person learning next fall, etc...). I did manage to get a job and it pays like twice as much where I am now compared to where I go to college, so that's nice.
If I were you I'd be salty online classes or not... The tuition fees in the US are just not worth it.
(also don't use Fahrenheit degrees that's gross).
ESOC : came for the game, stayed for the drama.
Germany aligator92
Howdah
ESO: aligator92

Post by aligator92 »

I am doing my PhD in geosciences so I can do homeoffice. I would be much more productive in the office as it is just way too easy to sleep longer and take a lot of breaks when you work from home. Also, the slow internet on the countryside makes remote access to my workplace computer a bit annoying. But as I moved back home for isolation, I have my parents to talk to and I am not at risk of losing my job or not getting paid, so I consider myself lucky.
No Flag RefluxSemantic
Gendarme

Post by RefluxSemantic »

For me it's terrible school wise. I don't think I can actually get bored, and that's the problem. I'm just sitting at home doing fun stuff 24/7, forgetting to study. This is why I used to force myself to go to uni as much as possible. It's too awkward to be playing games/guitar/watching youtube videos at university, so I actually end up getting shit done.
Retired Contributor

RefluxSemantic wrote:It's okay-ish. I find I have little motivation to be productive, but I was honestly a bit burned out on this uni year even before lockdown started. I also miss my friends a bit, but hanging out with them on discord helps.
I am having same issue tbh, I want to practice or do so many things, but lockdown is so taxing on brain, very less motivation to do anything.
Retired Contributor

Mitoe wrote:I’m still going to work full time but it’s still getting to me a bit. A lot of things at the workplace have changed and now it almost feels like I’ve been living the same day on repeat for the last month or so, and there’s no way to plan anything for the future at the moment until all of this is over.

So yeah kinda sucks.
This is true, life kinda feels repetitive, what is your job if I may ask? I also have to go some time to work.