How are you all dealing with lockdown?

This is for discussions about the community, players, forum games, grudge matches, memes and everything else related to ESOC and its members.
United States of America vardar
Lancer
ESO: VardarB98/DemonDeacs

Re: How are you all dealing with lockdown?

Post by vardar »

Meh just do stuff instead of saying “it’s tough”

Ofc if a loved one or close friend have been severely impacted that is very worrisome otherwise just get stuff done. No use moping around saying you have no motivation. Get motivated :hmm:
c0ns!
No Flag fightinfrenchman
Ninja
Donator 04

Post by fightinfrenchman »

vardar wrote:No use moping around saying you have no motivation. Get motivated :hmm:
Thanks man this really helped
Dromedary Scone Mix is not Alone Mix
Lancer

Post by vardar »

vardar wrote:Meh just do stuff instead of saying “it’s tough”

Ofc if a loved one or close friend have been severely impacted that is very worrisome otherwise just get stuff done. No use moping around saying you have no motivation. Get motivated :hmm:
EDIT: as the cheesy quote goes “when the going gets tough the tough get going”

You have 1 life, why be unproductive and stagnant. Be concerned but also find happiness in life during this time and even outside of this period. There’s just simply no use in being negative
c0ns!
Lancer

Post by vardar »

fightinfrenchman wrote:
vardar wrote:No use moping around saying you have no motivation. Get motivated :hmm:
Thanks man this really helped
Yes bro glad I can help you
c0ns!
Great Britain Black_Duck
Dragoon
ESO: Tom
Clan: DUKC

Post by Black_Duck »

howlingwolfpaw wrote:Was my goal this winter to get this chair reupholstered. Its been in my family for over 100 years, my dad had it redone in the 70's. The seat was actually partially stuffed with straw.

old chair 2.jpg
chair redone 2.jpg

Have you ever had to change the legs on the chair?
Challenged_Macro wrote: Respect Mussolini guys,if hes triggered there is always a reason.
Mussolini wrote: I hope corona gets you, your family and all your fuckin relatives as you fuckin deserve it for being cocky
United States of America Darwin_
Howdah

Post by Darwin_ »

Le Hussard sur le toit wrote:
Darwin_ wrote:Online classes are total trash, and not just for me/my school. If I were like the european folks who aren't charged tuition I'd be less salty, but currently I and my family are paying just an ABSURD amount of money for 5 hours of group (10-12 students) videochat with professors a week, like I could do much better for myself by going on kahn academy and reading books/wikipedia lmao. Of course I have more time to work out and I am also fortunate enough to be able to get out of the city and live in a quiet area with beach access (though it's still only 50 degrees (10 celsius) everyday). Currently I'm researching opportunities for taking the next year of school off and traveling/working/volunteering (I'm finishing up my first year of college in june) for a number of reasons, many of which are not COVID-related, but some of which are (whether my school is even having in-person learning next fall, etc...). I did manage to get a job and it pays like twice as much where I am now compared to where I go to college, so that's nice.
If I were you I'd be salty online classes or not... The tuition fees in the US are just not worth it.
(also don't use Fahrenheit degrees that's gross).
Yeah ~23k usd per term (3 terms a year) for 4 years is just stupid but my parents insist I do it. Would've rather they had just given me what they are contributing to my tuition so I could've invested it, but hey, gotta play into the system.
somppukunkku wrote:This is not a fucking discogame.
No Flag howlingwolfpaw
Jaeger

Post by howlingwolfpaw »

Black_Duck wrote:
howlingwolfpaw wrote:Was my goal this winter to get this chair reupholstered. Its been in my family for over 100 years, my dad had it redone in the 70's. The seat was actually partially stuffed with straw.

The attachment old chair 2.jpg is no longer available
The attachment chair redone 2.jpg is no longer available

Have you ever had to change the legs on the chair?
not to my knowledge, I did sand them down pretty good to get rid of most of the old varnish other than what to keep it weathered looking. then used a new natural finish that really brightened it up. Overall the wood is in good condition. One bottom chair leg has a "badly" worn nub i could replace but thought might as well keep it since that is how the chair learned to balance over time.

This is the 2nd time I have made a chair. I am working on an office chair right now and also have others inline I could do.

1st chair i did, going for medieval feel.
chair 11.jpg
Sweden p0cA
Crossbow
ESO: Pocahotass

Post by p0cA »

Ive been playing golf and drinking lots of wine every day for the last 2 months
Lancer

Post by vardar »

Darwin_ wrote:
Le Hussard sur le toit wrote:
Darwin_ wrote:Online classes are total trash, and not just for me/my school. If I were like the european folks who aren't charged tuition I'd be less salty, but currently I and my family are paying just an ABSURD amount of money for 5 hours of group (10-12 students) videochat with professors a week, like I could do much better for myself by going on kahn academy and reading books/wikipedia lmao. Of course I have more time to work out and I am also fortunate enough to be able to get out of the city and live in a quiet area with beach access (though it's still only 50 degrees (10 celsius) everyday). Currently I'm researching opportunities for taking the next year of school off and traveling/working/volunteering (I'm finishing up my first year of college in june) for a number of reasons, many of which are not COVID-related, but some of which are (whether my school is even having in-person learning next fall, etc...). I did manage to get a job and it pays like twice as much where I am now compared to where I go to college, so that's nice.
If I were you I'd be salty online classes or not... The tuition fees in the US are just not worth it.
(also don't use Fahrenheit degrees that's gross).
Yeah ~23k usd per term (3 terms a year) for 4 years is just stupid but my parents insist I do it. Would've rather they had just given me what they are contributing to my tuition so I could've invested it, but hey, gotta play into the system.
Guessing you go to west coast uni then? Always loved UCLA, USC and UCSD
c0ns!
United States of America Darwin_
Howdah

Post by Darwin_ »

vardar wrote:
Darwin_ wrote:
Show hidden quotes
East Coast, Dartmouth up in New Hampshire.
somppukunkku wrote:This is not a fucking discogame.
United States of America Amsel_
Howdah
ESO: The_Amsel

Post by Amsel_ »

I'm no stranger to prolonged isolation, so it's largely same old same old. Buying stuff has been the most inconvenient part of all of this.
Lancer

Post by vardar »

Darwin_ wrote:
vardar wrote:
Show hidden quotes
East Coast, Dartmouth up in New Hampshire.
Didn’t realize they do trimesters up there. Nice.Beautiful area too
c0ns!
No Flag RefluxSemantic
Gendarme

Post by RefluxSemantic »

Mental health and productivity aren't easy for everyone. This situation is really shitty and it takes a way a lot of tools we tend to use for good productivity or mental health.

I want anyone reading this to know that it is completely okay if you're actually less productive. Don't get the feeling that we should be ultra productive right now, this is a very shitty and very stressful time and it's better if that affects your productivity, than trying to keep your productivity up to just drop into a depression or burnout.
France Le Hussard sur le toit
Howdah
ESO: LeHussardsurletoit

Post by Le Hussard sur le toit »

Darwin_ wrote: Yeah ~23k usd per term (3 terms a year) for 4 years is just stupid but my parents insist I do it. Would've rather they had just given me what they are contributing to my tuition so I could've invested it, but hey, gotta play into the system.
That sounds completely crazy. For this amount I'd rather study abroad. In France, with 23k usd a year you'd be fine to pay your rent, food and bear (and more) and tuition is basically free...
ESOC : came for the game, stayed for the drama.
Lancer

Post by vardar »

RefluxSemantic wrote:

Mental health and productivity aren't easy for everyone. This situation is really shitty and it takes a way a lot of tools we tend to use for good productivity or mental health.

I want anyone reading this to know that it is completely okay if you're actually less productive. Don't get the feeling that we should be ultra productive right now, this is a very shitty and very stressful time and it's better if that affects your productivity, than trying to keep your productivity up to just drop into a depression or burnout.
Not quite what I meant. Just seemed like everyone is talking of doing stuff but not actually doing it. Like I said, be concerned but don’t get into a slump and go after things you want to accomplish :hmm: :P
c0ns!
Italy gamevideo113
Howdah
ESO: gamevideo113

Post by gamevideo113 »

Yeah, i'm probably studying 1/3 of what i'm usually able to study when i can go to my local library.
I don't feel that bad about it because i already knew it would happen, but it still sucks because i'm obviously failing any sort of schedule i try to set for myself.
I could probably handle the lockdown even for a year without mental health issues, but i'd definitely end up fucking up any possibility of getting my degree in time. Being at home means you can just get up from your desk at any moment and start doing whatever instead of actually doing what you're supposed to be doing.
It's a bit sad sometimes because lots of people can't really relate. They assume everyone has super strong willpower and can just voluntarily focus for 10h a day without getting distracted. Their advice is just so un-useful (to me it's probably the worst part of this).
[Some people aspire to be pr30+, some people aspire to have fun, and some people aspire to play 3v3 Deccan.] - vividlyplain - 2019 Who (nationality) rape ?
stupid logic. noob players can say op?
toxic, Insult, Racism ?
Uzbekistan Timurid
Skirmisher
ESO: Trained Spahi

Post by Timurid »

everything will go back to normal eventually @XeeleeFlower. stay strong
Tuvalu gibson
Ninja
ECL Reigning Champs

Post by gibson »

vardar wrote:
RefluxSemantic wrote:

Not quite what I meant. Just seemed like everyone is talking of doing stuff but not actually doing it. Like I said, be concerned but don’t get into a slump and go after things you want to accomplish :hmm: :P
Hard when the stuff you want to do is impossible/illegal/irresponsible.
Germany blackout
Dragoon

Post by blackout »

I'm now in lockdown together with my gf since more than a month. The girlfriend part works surprisingly well, expected that we gona piss each other off after few weeks but that's not the case so pretty happy about that.
The worst part is definitly that I can't work anymore since my company is basicly closed cause of Corona and homeoffice isn't really an option in my job. So that definatly sucks. Same goes for not beeing able to see my parents cause my mom is in the the risk group is really annoying. Also having no way to meet with friends has been hard cause Im kinda used to going out alot but I especially bought call of duty to hang out with them :D
So yea overall I'm handling it alright. Uni started again this week online so atleast i can get my brain working abit
Tokelau jesus3
Jaeger

Post by jesus3 »

RefluxSemantic wrote: I want anyone reading this to know that it is completely okay if you're actually less productive. Don't get the feeling that we should be ultra productive right now, this is a very shitty and very stressful time and it's better if that affects your productivity, than trying to keep your productivity up to just drop into a depression or burnout.
I support this view so much, love ya jermon :love:
This isn't just "free time off" you chose or sought after yourself. It's nothing desirable at all and can be stressful mentally and physically to different degrees depending on the person. It's restrictive.

Personally, I had to deal with that "productivity" thing in two different ways.
First off: As a student. University started digitally, there are only a few pages left of my masters thesis and additionally I'm finishing my Russian course (B2 Level) as well as a leftover lecture. Under normal circumstances, that's a small workload. However, the attention span and the environment for studying aren't the same. I'm less productive and that's totally fine.

Secondly: As a musician, usually around this time festivals and many outdoor gigs would be happening. It's basically my part time job this time of the year, the time for intensive rehearsals and to enjoy ourselves on stage. With all those events being cancelled, you often hear "oh now you have more time for new songs" - and it really agitates me. As if you could be creative just by pressing a button, like a machine.
This state of affairs paralyzes my mind more than anything else and it's okay to admit it.

Cheers
Georgia Qosashvili93
Dragoon
ESO: Qosashvili93

Post by Qosashvili93 »

Eat sleep eat sleep eat sleep eat sleep
Ireland Snow Lynx
Musketeer

Post by Snow Lynx »

Total shock...
Not cos of the lockdown itself, but just cos I found out my normal lifestyle is apparently called “quarantine” XD

Actually live in the countryside and am an essential worker (yay?) so literally not much has changed except the roads are quieter. Also can cycle to the beach for exercise, which helps mental positivity I suppose. Things would be different if I didn’t have that I guess.
How do you write a signature?
United States of America evilcheadar
Gendarme

Post by evilcheadar »

I was thinking about chewing tobacco this morning
A post not made is a post given away

A slushie a day keeps the refill thread at bay

Jackson Pollock was the best poster to ever to post on these forums
No Flag deleted_user
Ninja

Post by deleted_user »

I've been reading Roger Ebert film reviews for hours on end.
Great Britain I_HaRRiiSoN_I
Retired Contributor

Post by I_HaRRiiSoN_I »

Well i've spent quite a bit of that time on twitch casting/streaming. It feels like this has given some structure/work for the day where i can plan around the workouts and music practice. I feel if i just played aoe3 1v1 EP and watching the EPL instead of casting I probably would be in a lesser mood than I am in right now. Its been nice to develop these new skills ive gotten recently.