How are you all dealing with lockdown?

This is for discussions about the community, players, forum games, grudge matches, memes and everything else related to ESOC and its members.
Netherlands Mr_Bramboy
Retired Contributor
Donator 01
ESO: [VOC] Bram

Re: How are you all dealing with lockdown?

Post by Mr_Bramboy »

Pretty decently. I've picked up a guitar and I've started learning with musical guidance from Brook. I've fallen behind in uni work but as others have said in this thread, it's best not to make a big deal about it. The two biggest downsides are that I can't go out to see my friends and I can't exercise anymore. And maintaining a normal sleeping schedule has become more challenging.
Canada forgrin
Howdah
ESO: Forgrin

Post by forgrin »

I'm laid off (cook at a fancy place that's not doing takeout). Living in Canada I'm lucky that the gov't unemployment program they've done for beer virus covers me.

Mostly been catching up on playing video games that I've meant to play for awhile. Finished Sekiro a couple weeks ago. Also gardening and landscaping a fair bit, I'm lucky enough to live on some land. Couldn't imagine being cooped up in my old 600sq ft apartment in Vancouver.
https://www.twitch.tv/forgin14

"WTF WHERE ARE MY 10 FALCS" - AraGun_OP
Germany blackout
Dragoon

Post by blackout »

I spend a good amount of time today reading the apology threads and I don't even feel bad about it
Netherlands edeholland
ESOC Community Team
Donator 01
ESO: edeholland
GameRanger ID: 4053888
Clan: ESOC

Post by edeholland »

I still work 32 hours a week (At least, on paper. It's hard to actually be productive). Work helps because it forces me to be online at 10 AM each morning to have a daily standup (a small meeting where everyone tells their plans for the day) and it means I'm still financially stable. I also live with my fiancé/gf which is pretty great, we have quite a few hobbies in common luckily.

However, my social life is really suffering. I used to see friends 3-4 times a week and go to parties and conferences which has suddenly stopped. Online activities with friends help me not getting depressed, but I can feel it getting to me.

With gf and one other friend I am playing Sherlock Holmes: Consulting Detective which is one of the best real-life things I have done past month. It's basically deducing a murder mystery by reading well-written content about London in the late 1800s. Connecting clues, making notes, working out crazy theories and checking the solution in the end. I can highly recommend it for those that like those sort of puzzles.
Isle of Man UpMySleeves
Dragoon
GameRanger ID: 7309280

Post by UpMySleeves »

Fine, I'm fine, everything is fine, really this is really fine. [:
Never trust a man in a blue trench coat, never drive a car when you're dead
France iNcog
Ninja

Post by iNcog »

-- deleted post --

Reason: on request (off-topic bulk delete)
YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/incog_aoe
Garja wrote:
20 Mar 2020, 21:46
I just hope DE is not going to implement all of the EP changes. Right now it is a big clusterfuck.
No Flag RefluxSemantic
Gendarme

Post by RefluxSemantic »

I learned today that we're white priviledged people and shouldn't be experiencing any stress over this lockdown. Apperantly life has just been too easy on me.
Italy gamevideo113
Howdah
ESO: gamevideo113

Post by gamevideo113 »

RefluxSemantic wrote:I learned today that we're white priviledged people and shouldn't be experiencing any stress over this lockdown. Apperantly life has just been too easy on me.
Elaborate pls
[Some people aspire to be pr30+, some people aspire to have fun, and some people aspire to play 3v3 Deccan.] - vividlyplain - 2019 Who (nationality) rape ?
stupid logic. noob players can say op?
toxic, Insult, Racism ?
Netherlands Mr_Bramboy
Retired Contributor
Donator 01
ESO: [VOC] Bram

Post by Mr_Bramboy »

I cleaned up my room. It looks nice.
No Flag RefluxSemantic
Gendarme

Post by RefluxSemantic »

gamevideo113 wrote:
RefluxSemantic wrote:I learned today that we're white priviledged people and shouldn't be experiencing any stress over this lockdown. Apperantly life has just been too easy on me.
Elaborate pls
Incog and goodspeed are being ridiculous in another thread so I decided to mock them.
Canada Jam
Jaeger
ESO: Hyperactive Jam

Post by Jam »

I'm learning to use Blender.
United States of America evilcheadar
Gendarme

Post by evilcheadar »

I go to work, try to get mozzarella balls, fail, get some other fast food, do some chin ups, then rot
A post not made is a post given away

A slushie a day keeps the refill thread at bay

Jackson Pollock was the best poster to ever to post on these forums
United States of America GiBthedurrty
Lancer
Donator 01
Clan: YumiW

Post by GiBthedurrty »

evilcheadar wrote:I go to work, try to get mozzarella balls, fail, get some other fast food, do some chin ups, then rot
ya there was this guy on eso idk who he was something french, he called u a cuck.
United States of America evilcheadar
Gendarme

Post by evilcheadar »

GiBthedurrty wrote:
evilcheadar wrote:I go to work, try to get mozzarella balls, fail, get some other fast food, do some chin ups, then rot
ya there was this guy on eso idk who he was something french, he called u a cuck.
Tell him he is idiot
A post not made is a post given away

A slushie a day keeps the refill thread at bay

Jackson Pollock was the best poster to ever to post on these forums
India Shikari
Dragoon
ESO: rahuru

Post by Shikari »

For me, my sleep schedule is as fucked as it can get. But I do have lots of time now. So basically what I do is workout, study some, do some house chores, and waste time(play aoe3 like a game or two, smoke weed, watch twitch/youtube/Netflix, spend time on discord.) So it's both good and bad I'd say for me. It is basically an adult summer vacation. I consider myself lucky to have it.
Great Britain Riotcoke
Retired Contributor
ECL Reigning ChampsDonator 01
ESO: Riotcoke
Clan: UwU

Post by Riotcoke »

Shikari wrote:For me, my sleep schedule is as fucked as it can get. But I do have lots of time now. So basically what I do is workout, study some, do some house chores, and waste time(play aoe3 like a game or two, smoke weed, watch twitch/youtube/Netflix, spend time on discord.) So it's both good and bad I'd say for me. It is basically an adult summer vacation. I consider myself lucky to have it.
Stop smoking weed, iirc you're under 25, it's awful for you before 25.

twitch.tv/stangoesdeepTV
United States of America bittersalt123
Howdah

Post by bittersalt123 »

Riotcoke wrote:
Shikari wrote:For me, my sleep schedule is as fucked as it can get. But I do have lots of time now. So basically what I do is workout, study some, do some house chores, and waste time(play aoe3 like a game or two, smoke weed, watch twitch/youtube/Netflix, spend time on discord.) So it's both good and bad I'd say for me. It is basically an adult summer vacation. I consider myself lucky to have it.
You know what else is awful? Acting all high and mighty and telling people what to do lol
"It makes a lot of sense to me that you're a Floridian." fightinfrenchman

Who needs water when you've got Brawndo – The Thirst Mutilator?

Secretary of State: But Brawndo's got what plants crave. It's got electrolytes
Great Britain Riotcoke
Retired Contributor

Post by Riotcoke »

bittersalt123 wrote:
Riotcoke wrote:
You know what else is awful? Acting all high and mighty and telling people what to do lol
https://www.sciencedirect.com/science/a ... 5814002095
https://www.sciencedirect.com/science/a ... 3687926201
https://www.sciencedirect.com/science/a ... 8210001310

After 25 it's fine, because your brain is mature, if you're just smoking heavily on your own before your brain is mature you're just putting yourself at a massive risk. The guy also made a thread a while ago saying he was depressed, cannabis will just make this worse.

twitch.tv/stangoesdeepTV
Howdah

Post by bittersalt123 »

Riotcoke wrote:
bittersalt123 wrote:
Show hidden quotes

After 25 it's fine, because your brain is mature, if you're just smoking heavily on your own before your brain is mature you're just putting yourself at a massive risk.
I understand all that but telling people not to do something will make them want to do it even more lol. Everyone has to make that decision for themselves whether or not they want to do drugs or not.

It's good you're making him aware of information he may not have known but at the end of the way like hodgetwins used to say... "It's just advice do whatever THE FUCK you wanna DO"

Great Britain Riotcoke
Retired Contributor

Post by Riotcoke »

bittersalt123 wrote:
Riotcoke wrote:
Show hidden quotes

After 25 it's fine, because your brain is mature, if you're just smoking heavily on your own before your brain is mature you're just putting yourself at a massive risk.
I understand all that but telling people not to do something will make them want to do it even more lol. Everyone has to make that decision for themselves whether or not they want to do drugs or not.

It's good you're making him aware of information he may not have known but at the end of the way like hodgetwins used to say... "It's just advice do whatever THE FUCK you wanna DO"
Well of course everyone has their own choices to make and should be free to do so, maybe my wording was wrong i should have said it in a more advise driven tone.

twitch.tv/stangoesdeepTV
Howdah

Post by bittersalt123 »

Riotcoke wrote:
bittersalt123 wrote:
Show hidden quotes

Well of course everyone has their own choices to make and should be free to do so, maybe my wording was wrong i should have said it in a more advise driven tone.
Exactly. I know you mean well but when dealing with drugs n shit like that the tone is everything. I like this approach.

Great Britain chris1089
Retired Contributor
ESO: chris1089

Post by chris1089 »

bittersalt123 wrote:
Riotcoke wrote:
Is acting all high and mighty and telling people not to tell people what to do ok?
Italy gamevideo113
Howdah
ESO: gamevideo113

Post by gamevideo113 »

chris1089 wrote:
bittersalt123 wrote:
Show hidden quotes
Is acting all high and mighty and telling people not to tell people what to do ok?
Is acting all high and mighty and telling people who tell people not to tell people what to do ok?
[Some people aspire to be pr30+, some people aspire to have fun, and some people aspire to play 3v3 Deccan.] - vividlyplain - 2019 Who (nationality) rape ?
stupid logic. noob players can say op?
toxic, Insult, Racism ?
Czech Republic EAGLEMUT
ESOC Dev Team
Donator 05
ESO: EAGLEMUT
Clan: WPact

Post by EAGLEMUT »

Nothing really changed for me, except a couple more places started doing food deliveries. So that's good; I got more to choose from.
I already have a ton of experience in not leaving the house. One could say I'm a professional.
momuuu wrote: theres no way eaglemut is truly a top player
Howdah

Post by bittersalt123 »

chris1089 wrote:
bittersalt123 wrote:
Show hidden quotes
You had your fill of internet logic for the day yet?