Public Apology to Jailed

This is for discussions about the community, players, forum games, grudge matches, memes and everything else related to ESOC and its members.
Austria knusch
Pro Player
EWTDonator 01

Re: Public Apology to Jailed

Post by knusch »

Kaiserklein wrote:
knusch wrote:i would argue this is mainly a result of lack of coordination and not inherent to the game mode for most part.

i think it's quite obvious that the skills required to play 1v1 or team on high lvl translate quite well to the other and vice versa mostly.
Well I'm not saying that high level team players are shit or anything. I'm saying the game mode as a whole (notably at non top level) is more forgiving. We all know a bunch of pr30+ guys who play only team and whose actual skill is way lower. Then yeah top players are good obviously.

Imo it's a bit inherent to the game mode because of the size of the maps. Huge maps means it's easier to buy time by running units around (even if they end up dying), and harder to punish greedy play because crossing the map to push takes a longer time. Also not as easy to contain passive players as it's easier to sneak vils on resources out of your base, somewhere on that huge map.
Also because you're much more likely to mass one unit type (or two maybe) since you have mate(s). You're not doing the whole unit composition yourself. Makes the micro and macro easier.
And yeah like gibson any mistake you make has roughly 1/2 or 1/3 of the impact it would have in 1v1.
just to make this clear i am not arguing one is harder than the other.

they different to a certain extant as you stated (map size etc.) but to me that doesn't make it easier or harder. a 1v1 game doesn't become inherently more difficult if played on a bigger map - the focus/priorities simply shift.
France Kaiserklein
Pro Player
GameRanger ID: 5529322

Post by Kaiserklein »

Well the map size is just one factor among others. But anyway if you play 1v1 on a large map, it will be less about strategy than about running around your units. Simply because hitting strong timings feels pointless if you need 1 minute to reach your opponent's base, while just raiding / taking map / booming becomes much stronger.
It's a matter of point of view I guess.
LoOk_tOm wrote:I have something in particular against Kaisar (GERMANY NOOB mercenary LAMME FOREVER) And the other people (noobs) like suck kaiser ... just this ..
Australia Hazza54321
Pro Player
Winter Champion 2020 x2Donator 01
ESO: PrinceofBabu

Post by Hazza54321 »

i see it as gives more room for mistakes but gives more opportunity to outplay aswell
No Flag IamDyNaMic
Crossbow

Post by IamDyNaMic »

Kaiserklein wrote:
knusch wrote:i would argue this is mainly a result of lack of coordination and not inherent to the game mode for most part.

i think it's quite obvious that the skills required to play 1v1 or team on high lvl translate quite well to the other and vice versa mostly.
Well I'm not saying that high level team players are shit or anything. I'm saying the game mode as a whole (notably at non top level) is more forgiving. We all know a bunch of pr30+ guys who play only team and whose actual skill is way lower. Then yeah top players are good obviously.

Imo it's a bit inherent to the game mode because of the size of the maps. Huge maps means it's easier to buy time by running units around (even if they end up dying), and harder to punish greedy play because crossing the map to push takes a longer time. Also not as easy to contain passive players as it's easier to sneak vils on resources out of your base, somewhere on that huge map.
Also because you're much more likely to mass one unit type (or two maybe) since you have mate(s). You're not doing the whole unit composition yourself. Makes the micro and macro easier.
And yeah like gibson said, any mistake you make has roughly 1/2 or 1/3 of the impact it would have in 1v1.
Iam curious, as u are probably the best player in aoe3 by far, have u thought about Team Games possibly require a different playstyle and some actions, that possibly seem retarded in a 1v1 but are actually beneficial in Team Games? Iam asking this because iam a experienced rts player With quiet some competitive history in other Games, and i just got back to aoe3 After 14 years, and actually i Want to Play teamgames, and teamgames only - which has not been the case in any other Game - i always feel like i can Play way better there. But ist might be because mistakes are not as punishing, or the unit composition and timing Is probably way easier in Team?
No Flag deleted_user
Ninja

Post by deleted_user »

The single best person to ask is @Hazza54321 and after that, @Veni_Vidi_Vici_W
France Kaiserklein
Pro Player

Post by Kaiserklein »

Well yeah team requires a different playstyle. Like I said going for timings isn't usually what you want to do, it's more about just being active on the map by grabbing mapcontrol, raiding a lot, going for split pushes, etc.
For example dropping several towers on the map would be mostly a waste of wood in 1v1, while in team it can be good because defending your eco is the priority (in 1v1 usually your army is the priority). Constantly raiding means you usually trade units for eco, which is not really good in 1v1 but quite good in team. Same if you send 25 musks for a push on a side.

So maybe that's why you're able to play team better, but probably also because it's more forgiving, especially when it's not high level team games.
LoOk_tOm wrote:I have something in particular against Kaisar (GERMANY NOOB mercenary LAMME FOREVER) And the other people (noobs) like suck kaiser ... just this ..
Germany Lukas_L99
Pro Player
Donator 01
ESO: Lukas_L99

Post by Lukas_L99 »

IamDyNaMic wrote:
Iam curious, as u are probably the best player in aoe3 by far, have u thought about Team Games possibly require a different playstyle and some actions, that possibly seem retarded in a 1v1 but are actually beneficial in Team Games? Iam asking this because iam a experienced rts player With quiet some competitive history in other Games, and i just got back to aoe3 After 14 years
And Iam curious why you drop trick in quicksearch after losing to someone who was even afk the first minute. As someone who is an experienced rts player with competitive history.
Tuvalu gibson
Ninja
ECL Reigning Champs

Post by gibson »

xD
Armenia Sargsyan
Jaeger
Donator 01
ESO: lamergamer
Clan: c0ns

Post by Sargsyan »

experienced Garja lamer
krichk wrote:For some reason, you want the world to know that you're brave enough to challenge Challenger_Marco
No Flag IamDyNaMic
Crossbow

Post by IamDyNaMic »

Is the quickmatch based on esoc? In case dc screen appears is isnt it legit to just Kick out? The system Is wierd, the 3 times i clicked the Kick button the rank would just decrease while it says u win
Germany Lukas_L99
Pro Player
Donator 01
ESO: Lukas_L99

Post by Lukas_L99 »

Dude you prematurely said „gg“ as if you won and got rekt after. Then you flamed and a drop screen appeared. I kicked you and went back to ESO immediately. Game was shown as loss for me. Weird coincidence huh?

Tuvalu gibson
Ninja
ECL Reigning Champs

Post by gibson »

Lukas_L99 wrote:Dude you prematurely said „gg“ as if you won and got rekt after. Then you flamed and a drop screen appeared. I kicked you and went back to ESO immediately. Game was shown as loss for me. Weird coincidence huh?

Lol nice photoshop to try to frame an innocent gamer.
France Guigs
Tournament Admin
ESO: Guigs

Post by Guigs »

Typical otto noob
France Kaiserklein
Pro Player

Post by Kaiserklein »

Yeah there seems to be a correlation between otto qs laming and being a cunt
Tuvalu gibson
Ninja
ECL Reigning Champs

Post by gibson »

Lukas_L99 wrote:
IamDyNaMic wrote:
Iam curious, as u are probably the best player in aoe3 by far, have u thought about Team Games possibly require a different playstyle and some actions, that possibly seem retarded in a 1v1 but are actually beneficial in Team Games? Iam asking this because iam a experienced rts player With quiet some competitive history in other Games, and i just got back to aoe3 After 14 years
And Iam curious why you drop trick in quicksearch after losing to someone who was even afk the first minute. As someone who is an experienced rts player with competitive history.
Iam also curious why he droptricks in quicksearch after begging me to resign for 5 minutes straight. Couldn't even do that right though lol and still got the loss. Also alt D his explorer about 10 times right under my tp and feeding me xp.

AHA xD
Attachments
lolololololololol.PNG
Australia Hazza54321
Pro Player
Winter Champion 2020 x2Donator 01
ESO: PrinceofBabu

Post by Hazza54321 »

Loool