Greatscythe11 is fascinating

This is for discussions about the community, players, forum games, grudge matches, memes and everything else related to ESOC and its members.
European Union Scroogie
Lancer
ESO: Scroogie
GameRanger ID: 10056919

Greatscythe11 is fascinating

Post by Scroogie »

Since i began playing Greatscythe has been a presence on the ESO servers. First he used to beat me, eventually i got better and can win somewhat reliably vs him, majorly because he is very predictable.

Im kinda intrigued what kind of person is behind the name. He barely chats in game, sometimes pauses the game and only alerts you with "11" when hes good to go. If the Great Plains TP fails or he cant see a hunt he will just quit, sometimes he will gift you the explanation "hunts". If you beat him or are too high rated, he doesnt want to kick you but rather waits you out or cancels the lobby. If you beat him too often, he will pest you, although it seems like his pest list is overflowing, since i have gotten off it several times. This and his build order (there really is only one bo he does) creates the impression that he is the bottest of bot players, just doing the same old thing to relax in the evening. But this is not true, under some ESOC youtube video he makes a quite insightful post about China strategy, showing he is quite capable of understanding the game. Recently he switched to ep where his rating dropped by 4 pr unfortunately but this again shows that he is following tournaments and the community, but from a distance and chooses not to engage.

All of this i find fascinating since it is such untypical behaviour, but there really isnt a moral to the story.
Me being slightly ahead vs H2O: Image
Tokelau jesus3
Jaeger

Re: Greatscythe11 is fascinating

Post by jesus3 »

He's clearly aiming for piroshiki's number one spot in that category. Futile, if you ask me. Nobody can beat piro at his own game.
India _RDX_
Lancer
ESO: _RDX_

Post by _RDX_ »

There are some people who are tired of things. They just want to sit alone, see the world burn to hell and smile.
oranges.
European Union Scroogie
Lancer
ESO: Scroogie
GameRanger ID: 10056919

Post by Scroogie »

_RDX_ wrote:There are some people who are tired of things. They just want to sit alone, see the world burn to hell and smile.
Im not sure if greatscythe is one of them. Seems more like a really private dude.
Me being slightly ahead vs H2O: Image
Armenia Sargsyan
Jaeger
Donator 01
ESO: lamergamer
Clan: c0ns

Post by Sargsyan »

i like his character
krichk wrote:For some reason, you want the world to know that you're brave enough to challenge Challenger_Marco
India TNT333
Lancer
ESO: TNT333

Post by TNT333 »

Saw him host a game yesterday at 7-8 pm(my standard time).
"We are kings or pawns" Napoleon Bonaparte
No Flag fightinfrenchman
Ninja
Donator 04

Post by fightinfrenchman »

I like the idea of an "overflowing" pest list
Dromedary Scone Mix is not Alone Mix
France Kaiserklein
Pro Player
GameRanger ID: 5529322

Post by Kaiserklein »

I think he's a legend
LoOk_tOm wrote:I have something in particular against Kaisar (GERMANY NOOB mercenary LAMME FOREVER) And the other people (noobs) like suck kaiser ... just this ..
No Flag Astaroth
Howdah

Post by Astaroth »

I honestly wonder if he's really young, really old or somewhat mentally handicapped (no offense), that would explain his behaviour a bit.
Great Britain Black_Duck
Dragoon
ESO: Tom
Clan: DUKC

Post by Black_Duck »

Astaroth wrote:I honestly wonder if he's really young, really old or somewhat mentally handicapped (no offense), that would explain his behaviour a bit.
I think thats pretty offensive. Not everyone plays this game, or any game for the same reason.

I'd argue that pesting people once you are sick of losing to them is probably a nicer reaction than flaming them which is the route so many people take.
Challenged_Macro wrote: Respect Mussolini guys,if hes triggered there is always a reason.
Mussolini wrote: I hope corona gets you, your family and all your fuckin relatives as you fuckin deserve it for being cocky
No Flag hidden_blaze
Musketeer

Post by hidden_blaze »

Everyone should play the game the way it makes him or her happy. If he's happy with how he plays it that's good for him.
Georgia Qosashvili93
Dragoon
ESO: Qosashvili93

Post by Qosashvili93 »

I kinda remember he was discusing here too about some stuff
Great Britain Riotcoke
Retired Contributor
ECL Reigning ChampsDonator 01
ESO: Riotcoke
Clan: UwU

Post by Riotcoke »

Didn't he make an incredibly elaborate guide to herding bison at one point?

twitch.tv/stangoesdeepTV
Armenia Sargsyan
Jaeger
Donator 01

Post by Sargsyan »

we need similar thread about this retarded cuck only going mercs with the germans.
krichk wrote:For some reason, you want the world to know that you're brave enough to challenge Challenger_Marco
India Ashvin
Retired Contributor
ESO: Octanium

Post by Ashvin »

I'd like to summon @greatscythe11 so he can witness his fan following.
No Flag Astaroth
Howdah

Post by Astaroth »

Black_Duck wrote:
Astaroth wrote:I honestly wonder if he's really young, really old or somewhat mentally handicapped (no offense), that would explain his behaviour a bit.
I think thats pretty offensive. Not everyone plays this game, or any game for the same reason.

I'd argue that pesting people once you are sick of losing to them is probably a nicer reaction than flaming them which is the route so many people take.
How so? His behavior is highly unusual, so it wouldn't be surprising if his personal situation was also somewhat unusual compared to the average player of aoe3.

There's also this guy in aoe2 who only ever plays 1v1 Vikings on black forest. I'm pretty sure he's older and/or a bit handicapped as well.

Obviously he could just be a normal guy with unusual preferences as well.
Great Britain Black_Duck
Dragoon

Post by Black_Duck »

Astaroth wrote:
Black_Duck wrote:

How so? His behavior is highly unusual, so it wouldn't be surprising if his personal situation was also somewhat unusual compared to the average player of aoe3.

There's also this guy in aoe2 who only ever plays 1v1 Vikings on black forest. I'm pretty sure he's older and/or a bit handicapped as well.

Obviously he could just be a normal guy with unusual preferences as well.
People that do things differently to the norm are handicapped? Or is it just people who do things differently to you?
Challenged_Macro wrote: Respect Mussolini guys,if hes triggered there is always a reason.
Mussolini wrote: I hope corona gets you, your family and all your fuckin relatives as you fuckin deserve it for being cocky
No Flag Astaroth
Howdah

Post by Astaroth »

Reading comprehension is not your forte, I take it.
Canada Warno
Dragoon
Donator 08
ESO: Warno

Post by Warno »

So what is his BO? Just standard german semi?
And what is the best counter to it?
Germany rnmrtzk
Musketeer
ESO: rnmrtzk

Post by rnmrtzk »

@Warno
Shipments: 2sw, 3sw, 700g, 1000w, 1000g, Cav Up, 9 Uhlan (at least vs france).

Buildings:
I: house, tp
Transition: tp, market, house
II: house, rax, house,
III: house, stab, house, house (...)

Units:
Transition: 4-5 dopps
III: 5skirm, 5 skirm, 5 skirm, 5 skirm, 5 uhlan, 5 uhlan, 5 uhlan, 3-5 dopps (After this it is go time for him at 13:00 minute mark)

But it is not just a bot build, there are also other variations^^ IMO he is a really thoughtful player :)
look wrote:I Opened the TAD today
it looks like i was in paradise
Great Britain Black_Duck
Dragoon

Post by Black_Duck »

Astaroth wrote:Reading comprehension is not your forte, I take it.
You said you were pretty sure that he was mentally handicapped because you perceive his behaviour to be different to the average aoe3 player. Aside from that, writing that you're "pretty sure" someone is disabled because of his shy behaviour or his tendency to play the same civ is just ridiculous. The guy reads the forums too... I think your behaviour sucks.
Russia yurashic
Howdah
ESO: Yurashic

Post by yurashic »

Sargsyan wrote:we need similar thread about this retarded cuck only going mercs with the germans.
Do you mean RisinTiger? Is he back?
Russia yurashic
Howdah

Post by yurashic »

I think noone beats Piroshiki and Cicatrene in this kind of behaviour. Piroshiki is the most well-known person cause he reached decent pr unlike other 1 civ 1 strategy weirdos.
Armenia Sargsyan
Jaeger
Donator 01

Post by Sargsyan »

yurashic wrote:
Sargsyan wrote:we need similar thread about this retarded cuck only going mercs with the germans.
Do you mean RisinTiger? Is he back?
no i mean ritocuck
Russia yurashic
Howdah

Post by yurashic »

_RDX_ wrote:There are some people who are tired of things. They just want to sit alone, see the world burn to hell and smile.
A lot of such people reside in underground music communities.