HAPPY KONINGSDAG!

This is for discussions about the community, players, forum games, grudge matches, memes and everything else related to ESOC and its members.
Netherlands Mr_Bramboy
Retired Contributor
Donator 01
ESO: [VOC] Bram

HAPPY KONINGSDAG!

Post by Mr_Bramboy »

DRIEMAAL HOEZEE VOOR Koning Willem-Alexander Claus George Ferdinand, Koning der Nederlanden, Prins van Oranje-Nassau, Jonkheer van Amsberg! HOEZEE! HOEZEE! HOEZEE!

The King reaches the age of 54 today and we hope that he bestows his eternal grace upon us on this blessed day. Remember that, in honor of Koning Willem-Alexander Claus George Ferdinand, Koning der Nederlanden, Prins van Oranje-Nassau, Jonkheer van Amsberg, the AoE3:DE developers have decided to take the servers down for two hours. This gives you the ideal moment to re-lit the candles at your altar, eat an orange tompouce, and watch the Royal celebrations on the television.

LEVE DE KONING!
Latvia harcha
Gendarme
ESO: hatamoto_samurai

Re: HAPPY KONINGSDAG!

Post by harcha »

who?
POC wrote:Also I most likely know a whole lot more than you.
POC wrote:Also as an objective third party, and near 100% accuracy of giving correct information, I would say my opinions are more reliable than yours.
France Le Hussard sur le toit
Howdah
ESO: LeHussardsurletoit

Post by Le Hussard sur le toit »

Is your king less useless than Spain's or the UK's ?
ESOC : came for the game, stayed for the drama.
Germany blasdg
Dragoon

Post by blasdg »

prinz pils is de beste man
Netherlands Mr_Bramboy
Retired Contributor
Donator 01

Post by Mr_Bramboy »

No anti-monarchy sentiments will be tolerated in this thread. The Community Team has been informed.
Netherlands Mr_Bramboy
Retired Contributor
Donator 01

Post by Mr_Bramboy »

blasdg wrote:prinz pils is de beste man
Netherlands Mr_Bramboy
Retired Contributor
Donator 01

Post by Mr_Bramboy »

Just ate a tompouce
Attachments
3136C0CA-64BF-4353-83AD-E623DD77E93D.jpeg
Latvia harcha
Gendarme

Post by harcha »

yikes
POC wrote:Also as an objective third party, and near 100% accuracy of giving correct information, I would say my opinions are more reliable than yours.
No Flag RefluxSemantic
Gendarme

Post by RefluxSemantic »

I have a conference during koningsdag. How stupid.
Greece BrookG
Retired Contributor
ESO: BrookG

Post by BrookG »

Gezellig Koningsdag! Great memories from my last time there!
Correlation doesn't mean causation.
http://www.tylervigen.com/spurious-correlations

"mr.brookg go buy jeans and goto the club with somppuli" - Princeofkabul, July 2018
Netherlands edeholland
ESOC Community Team
Donator 01
ESO: edeholland
GameRanger ID: 4053888
Clan: ESOC

Post by edeholland »

Orange man good
Great Britain Riotcoke
Retired Contributor
ECL Reigning ChampsDonator 01
ESO: Riotcoke
Clan: UwU

Post by Riotcoke »

Happy Kingsday fellow monarchist

twitch.tv/stangoesdeepTV
United States of America XeeleeFlower
Retired Contributor
Xeelee Patron

Post by XeeleeFlower »

It's so cute seeing all the flags that are out on King's Day. It does make me wonder why people don't just always have their flags out like they do in the States. What is this cultural difference of showcasing the country's flag? Americans have their flags out all the time, not just on the 4th of July, but why? How do other countries "do" their flags?
Time is wise and our wounds seem to heal to the rhythm of aging,
But our past is a ghost fading out that at night it’s still haunting.

http://www.galactanet.com/oneoff/theegg_mod.html
Great Britain InsectPoison
Lancer

Post by InsectPoison »

Long live the King!
Great Britain InsectPoison
Lancer

Post by InsectPoison »

XeeleeFlower wrote:It's so cute seeing all the flags that are out on King's Day. It does make me wonder why people don't just always have their flags out like they do in the States. What is this cultural difference of showcasing the country's flag? Americans have their flags out all the time, not just on the 4th of July, but why? How do other countries "do" their flags?
I guess American patriotism and European patriotism isn't quite the same. Flags are brought out over here (UK) mainly when we have big national sporting events or national holidays, it's unusual to just have it hanging around during normal periods of the year like you guys do in the USA.
Greece BrookG
Retired Contributor

Post by BrookG »

XeeleeFlower wrote:It's so cute seeing all the flags that are out on King's Day. It does make me wonder why people don't just always have their flags out like they do in the States. What is this cultural difference of showcasing the country's flag? Americans have their flags out all the time, not just on the 4th of July, but why? How do other countries "do" their flags?
The 25th of March here in Greece, the National independence Day

"mr.brookg go buy jeans and goto the club with somppuli" - Princeofkabul, July 2018
Nauru Dolan
Ninja

Post by Dolan »

XeeleeFlower wrote:why people don't just always have their flags out like they do in the States. What is this cultural difference of showcasing the country's flag? Americans have their flags out all the time, not just on the 4th of July, but why? How do other countries "do" their flags?

Rebel kids like to show off.
Great Britain I_HaRRiiSoN_I
Retired Contributor

Post by I_HaRRiiSoN_I »

Yeah i think flags are nice for traditional and ceromonial events instead of having flagpoles in every garden. A good example is the last night at the proms [there are other flags there which actually adds to the experience]

Greece BrookG
Retired Contributor

Post by BrookG »

Although putting up flags can be very readily linked with negative nationalistic feelings. At least here

Denmark voigt1240
Lancer
ESO: voigt

Post by voigt1240 »

Flags are hygge
Nauru Dolan
Ninja

Post by Dolan »

BrookG wrote:Although putting up flags can be very readily linked with negative nationalistic feelings. At least here
In Europe, you usually see flags on public institutions' buildings.
But it'd be weird to see them on pubs or stores.
There's just no such cult for collective identity massage like in the US, where they feel the need to invoke it in every aspect of public life.
United States of America Squamiger
Howdah
ESO: Squamiger

Post by Squamiger »

KING WHO
flag.jpg
Netherlands Mr_Bramboy
Retired Contributor
Donator 01

Post by Mr_Bramboy »

Squamiger wrote:KING WHO
flag.jpg
Wat zyde gy tot my, gy kleine duyvelspecht? Ik beveel ge er kennis van te neemen dat ik met lof ende goedkeuring een kaapersbrief heb gehad van Willem van Oranje ende betrokken ben geweest by talryke geheyme offensieven tegen Alva en de zyne, en zelfstandig meer dan drie honderden Spanjolen heb omgelegd. Ik ben gehard by den Katergeuzen en ben den beste schutter onder den Nederlandsche vlag. Ge bent niet meer dan myn zoveelste doelwit. Ik zal u uyt myne gewest verwyderen met een nauwkeurigheid die de wereld nog nimmer aangechouwen had. Let op myn verdomde woorden! Gy denkt dat ge deze leuhgenpraat aan my kan verkoopen per postduyf? Gy had tweemaal moeten denken, cattengehspuys! In dezen tyd dat ik deze missive opstel, stuur ik opdracht naar myn geheymen samenstel van verspieders ende vloerduyven, verspreid door den Republiek der Zeven Verenigde Nederlanden en wordt dezen postduyf gevolgd, dus ge kunt zich maar beter voorbereiden op den storm, rabaut. Den storm die het bedroevenden klyne ding dat gy uw leven noemt weg zal vaagen. Gy bent dood, kind. Ik kan overal, ten alle tyden zyn ende ik kan ge op zeven honderden wyzen doden, ende dat is slechts met myne bloten handen. Niet alleen zyt ik veelomvattend geoefend in den ongewapenden krygskunst, maar alsmede heb ik het voltallige arsenaal der watergeuzen ter myner beschikking ende ik zal dat benutten om uwer lamlendigen achtereinde van het vastenland te vagen, gy klynen schobbejak. Als gy had geweten wat voor eene goddelooze vergelding uw 'geestige' missive teweeg zou brengen, had ge misschien op uwen tong gebeten. Maar dat kon ge niet. Gy deed het niet ende nu zult ge de tol betalen, gy verdomde smeerkanis. Ik zal furie over u schyten en gy zult er in verzuypen. Ge zyt dood, hoerenzeune.
Latvia harcha
Gendarme

Post by harcha »

gesundheit
Sweden Zutazuta
Howdah
zuta

Post by Zutazuta »

Squamiger wrote:KING WHO
flag.jpg
How did you get my photo from the gram?