where are those good old days?

This is for discussions about the community, players, forum games, grudge matches, memes and everything else related to ESOC and its members.
Norway spanky4ever
Gendarme
iwillspankyou

where are those good old days?

Post by spanky4ever »

I logged in to esoc today, after not being around for a long time ( :love: ) - it is a thursday evening, and nothing much ever happend back then I guess, But today the twitch was "owned" by newbees, and treatyplayers. What the hell has happended here? Sorry, if this is it, we will surely go down.
Hippocrits are the worst of animals. I love elifants.
Russia yurashic
Howdah
ESO: Yurashic

Re: where are those good old days?

Post by yurashic »

iwillspankyou wrote:I logged in to esoc today, after not being around for a long time ( :love: ) - it is a thursday evening, and nothing much ever happend back then I guess, But today the twitch was "owned" by newbees, and treatyplayers. What the hell has happended here? Sorry, if this is it, we will surely go down.
Well, a lot of the good players didn't switch to DE when it came out or left around that time period.
Norway spanky4ever
Gendarme
iwillspankyou

Post by spanky4ever »

I did not particularly like the new DE aswell, but it was streamed here. But I actually like the former game more @yurashic I have to be honest
Sweden Victor_swe
Lancer
Donator 01

Post by Victor_swe »

Those days be long gone.
Dead hunts cant walk....

BrookG - "There is a G in everyone"
Norway spanky4ever
Gendarme
iwillspankyou

Post by spanky4ever »

sad to c the game left to nobbies, and the good players gone.
Btw, you could def stream some @yurashic the old or the new one
Brazil lemmings121
Jaeger
ESO: lemmings121

Post by lemmings121 »

iwillspankyou wrote:I logged in to esoc today, after not being around for a long time ( :love: ) - it is a thursday evening, and nothing much ever happend back then I guess, But today the twitch was "owned" by newbees, and treatyplayers. What the hell has happended here? Sorry, if this is it, we will surely go down.
sioux is ded :(
Norway spanky4ever
Gendarme
iwillspankyou

Post by spanky4ever »

lemmings121 wrote:
sioux is ded :(
hmm- I dont mind that, /actuelly I do) But, the whole game seem to be DEAD
Norway spanky4ever
Gendarme
iwillspankyou

Post by spanky4ever »

or barely alive, on lifesupport, or down to, I dont know what. I just turned in. I did so on occations weeks before this. Same shit tbh.
Norway spanky4ever
Gendarme
iwillspankyou

Post by spanky4ever »

Was a really good time though. I loved it, and if its gone, I am happy to c it happen, and supporting :coin: :coin: :love: :flowers: :P
No Flag RefluxSemantic
Gendarme

Post by RefluxSemantic »

I wonder if DE was the nail in the coffin for many competitive players. The state in which it released, and the general focus of it seems to kinda ignore the competitive side of things imo. For me it made me realize that I don't love aoe enough anymore to pay any amount of money for DE. Maybe there were many more people like me?
Russia yurashic
Howdah

Post by yurashic »

RefluxSemantic wrote:I wonder if DE was the nail in the coffin for many competitive players. The state in which it released, and the general focus of it seems to kinda ignore the competitive side of things imo. For me it made me realize that I don't love aoe enough anymore to pay any amount of money for DE. Maybe there were many more people like me?
I guess we just grew up.
Norway spanky4ever
Gendarme
iwillspankyou

Post by spanky4ever »

RefluxSemantic wrote:I wonder if DE was the nail in the coffin for many competitive players. The state in which it released, and the general focus of it seems to kinda ignore the competitive side of things imo. For me it made me realize that I don't love aoe enough anymore to pay any amount of money for DE. Maybe there were many more people like me?
yeah. M2
Russia yurashic
Howdah

Post by yurashic »

iwillspankyou wrote:sad to c the game left to nobbies, and the good players gone.
Btw, you could def stream some @yurashic the old or the new one
Maybe in the future.
Norway spanky4ever
Gendarme
iwillspankyou

Post by spanky4ever »

I only play the old game tbh, when I ever do that. Rarely
Norway spanky4ever
Gendarme
iwillspankyou

Post by spanky4ever »

miss u
Norway spanky4ever
Gendarme
iwillspankyou

Post by spanky4ever »

hmm. here is a thought - most of your viwers and lovers of the game, are on the old game. Most of the new viewers are just passing through when following pop streamers. Where are we then? And is the new game better than the patch? I do not think so. I have to be honest
Korea South Vinyanyérë
Retired Contributor
Donator 06
ESO: duolckrad, Kuvira
Clan: 팀 하우스

Post by Vinyanyérë »

She's not coming back, and even if she did she wouldn't hold up to the memory of her ever-idealized over years of separation. We can smile at and learn from our memories of the past, but some of them must stay there - lest reliving them tarnishes both our memories and our future. I won't say that I have no regrets, nor that I don't sometimes long again for the days of my youth. But in the end, I know that we can't go back to how things were, and someday I'll be not merely content but happy with that knowledge.

(In AoE3)
duck
:mds:
imo
No Flag skandertayebi
Crossbow
ESO: skandertayebi

Post by skandertayebi »

Everyone with a half working brain and some love for the original AoE III has left playing this game frequently few months after the release. Obviously the focus on DE is to gain some kind of viewership which should be led to AoE IV. Feels like bad player's opinion like Assi_Bingo's are taken heavier into account of balance changes than any rational functioning recommendation of any actually skilled player.
This game unfortunately already is on its straight way of dying.
See you guys in AoE IV
United States of America Cometk
Retired Contributor

Post by Cometk »

weird thread? pro scene is still pretty active, there's a major tournament going on, the only notable players missing from it that come to mind are lordraphael, erik, and diarouga. don't get me wrong some folks are around just to be around, but i think no matter the amount of bitching about DE and negativity it may seem like there is nowadays, there are plenty of top-level players who are enjoying the game just fine

state of the game ain't perfect but it's fine enough
United States of America Cometk
Retired Contributor

Post by Cometk »

skandertayebi wrote:Feels like bad player's opinion like Assi_Bingo's are taken heavier into account of balance changes than any rational functioning recommendation of any actually skilled player.
this is weird ngl
Nauru Dolan
Ninja

Post by Dolan »

Tbh nothing is preventing those who complain about DE from going back to EP, if the benefits were just greater. Then you could just wait until devs fix the DE mess.
If it's ever going to happen, before AOE4 gets released.
Sweden Zutazuta
Howdah
zuta

Post by Zutazuta »

This type of thread has existed since 08. If you like the game, play it; if you don’t, then don’t play it!
No Flag helln00
Howdah
ESO: helln00

Post by helln00 »

200.gif
Germany aligator92
Howdah
ESO: aligator92

Post by aligator92 »

People keep saying that all the top players left. But who are you even referring to? Kaiser, Hazza, Mitoe, Sam, Knusch, Aiz, Kynesie are still there
Raphael, diarouga, snowww had already stopped playing before
The only name I can think of right now is Lukas and maybe I just didn't see his name pop up
No Flag Astaroth
Howdah

Post by Astaroth »

Most top players of the last few years are still playing.

But it is true that sometimes there are no streams of known people, especially of back in the day. Gua doesn't stream anymore, Hazza seems to stream less, miggo very rarely, gibson quit streaming afaik, aiz streams a bit less I feel.

Most streams when I check now are lenlenlena, yukietty or Drongo. Sometimes aiz or Knusch