The Worst Moderator in the History of ESOC — AAR & AMA

This is for discussions about the community, players, forum games, grudge matches, memes and everything else related to ESOC and its members.
Kiribati princeofcarthage
Retired Contributor

Re: The Worst Moderator in the History of ESOC — AAR & AMA

Post by princeofcarthage »

occamslightsaber wrote:How many mods have there been in the history of ESOC?
I have tackled constant threats from edehollands family to this community.
Fine line to something great is a strange change.
Netherlands Goodspeed
Retired Contributor

Post by Goodspeed »

pecelot wrote:personally I still believe that words are just words, especially online, coming from strangers. But using derogatory terms just because you can or to provoke a certain reaction may just not be appropriate.
It seems that almost universally, people come to this realization somewhere in their twenties at the latest.
Can you point to a specific event or series of events in your life that made you reconsider your view on this, which I assume was different some years ago?
Poland pecelot
Retired Contributor
Donator 03
ESO: Pezet

Post by pecelot »

Uff, no, not really. I think it's just come with time. The more frequently I thought about it, the more perspectives presented themselves, and while at first making fun of “fagottini” was just that — making fun, after some consideration you realise it's just not necessary. Even if it's allowed, because technically it's not “faggot”, it also comes down to etiquette: one's better off just not throwing such things at people, potentially insulting them.
Armenia Sargsyan
Jaeger
Donator 01
ESO: lamergamer
Clan: c0ns

Post by Sargsyan »

having power on a game forum must feel great
krichk wrote:For some reason, you want the world to know that you're brave enough to challenge Challenger_Marco
Nauru Dolan
Ninja

Post by Dolan »

Now imagine wanting to be "the leader" over 15 gamers on a forum.
No Flag deleted_user
Ninja

Post by deleted_user »

did you have pleasure after banning many diarouga smurfs? @pecelot
Poland pecelot
Retired Contributor
Donator 03

Post by pecelot »

Hum...? Plenty!
Latvia harcha
Gendarme
ESO: hatamoto_samurai

Post by harcha »

who are you
POC wrote:Also I most likely know a whole lot more than you.
POC wrote:Also as an objective third party, and near 100% accuracy of giving correct information, I would say my opinions are more reliable than yours.
No Flag Djigit
Howdah

Post by Djigit »

I can't wrap my head around the fact that the Pennsylvania-based terrorist organization has not been dissolved yet.
No Flag Djigit
Howdah

Post by Djigit »

Djigit wrote:I can't wrap my head around the fact that the Pennsylvania-based terrorist organization has not been dissolved yet.
tbh
Poland pecelot
Retired Contributor
Donator 03

Post by pecelot »

we were secretly counting on the ESOC Council to take care of it for us :idea:
United States of America occamslightsaber
Retired Contributor
ESO: L1BERTYPR1ME

Post by occamslightsaber »

princeofcarthage wrote:
wat
The scientific term for China creating free units is Mitoe-sis.

I intend all my puns.
Pakistan comradecommissar
Dragoon
ESO: ComradeCommissar

Post by comradecommissar »

Dolan wrote:@Imperial Noob
Nothing wrong with that. It's a common reflex for people to revisit their past and retrofit their current, changed self to their past self, so that they don't feel so cringe about their past.
But maybe it's better to keep it cringe, because that's what makes you want to grow out of it.
Will you have this experience soon?
Retired Contributor

occamslightsaber wrote:
princeofcarthage wrote:
wat
There was a time when edehollandsbrother, sister and entire family made accounts (Not really them but trolls) and posted insults of such quality not even an ISIS terrorist locked up in shit hole in guantanamo bay could think of. Whenever I was online and it happened I instantly deleted and banned those users. Unfortunately this was not appreciated by members of the green carpet community. They prefered it stayed online until such time that everyone could read it or the superior members of the superior race i.e green carpet community could come as guardians of ESOC flashing their greenish eyes and nuking the threads and trollers into oblivion.
Great Britain InsectPoison
Lancer

Post by InsectPoison »

princeofcarthage wrote:
occamslightsaber wrote:
Show hidden quotes
wat
There was a time when edehollandsbrother, sister and entire family made accounts (Not really them but trolls) and posted insults of such quality not even an ISIS terrorist locked up in shit hole in guantanamo bay could think of. Whenever I was online and it happened I instantly deleted and banned those users. Unfortunately this was not appreciated by members of the green carpet community. They prefered it stayed online until such time that everyone could read it or the superior members of the superior race i.e green carpet community could come as guardians of ESOC flashing their greenish eyes and nuking the threads and trollers into oblivion.
the fuck you smoking
Netherlands edeholland
ESOC Community Team
Donator 01
ESO: edeholland
GameRanger ID: 4053888
Clan: ESOC

Post by edeholland »

Holy See Imperial Noob
Lancer

Post by Imperial Noob »

AKA edepoland
InsectPoison wrote:
princeofcarthage wrote:
Show hidden quotes
the fuck you smoking
he must have inhaled you
Retired Contributor

princeofcarthage wrote:
occamslightsaber wrote:
Show hidden quotes
wat
When and how did you become a mod?

I intend all my puns.
Netherlands Goodspeed
Retired Contributor

Post by Goodspeed »

princeofcarthage wrote:
occamslightsaber wrote:
Show hidden quotes
wat
There was a time when edehollandsbrother, sister and entire family made accounts (Not really them but trolls) and posted insults of such quality not even an ISIS terrorist locked up in shit hole in guantanamo bay could think of.
To be fair being locked up there is probably not great for creativity and ISIS terrorists aren't known for their high-quality insults. I can't think of an occasion where an ISIS terrorist insulted someone and I was like "Oh damn. Figurative burn." It's not really a high bar.
Poland pecelot
Retired Contributor
Donator 03

Post by pecelot »

edeholland wrote:Isn't @pecelot @edehollandsbrother ?
you bet, brother :geek:
princeofcarthage wrote:
occamslightsaber wrote:
Show hidden quotes
wat
I think historically separate staff branches didn't appreciate meddling with each other's responsibilities — which makes sense.
Retired Contributor

Goodspeed wrote:
princeofcarthage wrote:
Show hidden quotes
There was a time when edehollandsbrother, sister and entire family made accounts (Not really them but trolls) and posted insults of such quality not even an ISIS terrorist locked up in shit hole in guantanamo bay could think of.
To be fair being locked up there is probably not great for creativity and ISIS terrorists aren't known for their high-quality insults. I can't think of an occasion where an ISIS terrorist insulted someone and I was like "Oh damn. Figurative burn." It's not really a high bar.
I mean how do you know? You been there? Well I have been never. My inspiration was movies, and they always seem to say the shittiest and worst of things in movies.. so I presumed.
Retired Contributor

occamslightsaber wrote:
princeofcarthage wrote:
Show hidden quotes
L2R
Retired Contributor

princeofcarthage wrote:
occamslightsaber wrote:
Show hidden quotes
L2R
So you weren’t on the community team? “Superior members of the superior race” makes it sound like you were on the team, but just got sidelined by more senior members. Why meddle in their affairs then? I’m guessing some kind of power trip.

I intend all my puns.
Retired Contributor

Afaik I never had any power trip.