This is for discussions about news, politics, sports, other games, culture, philosophy etc.
User avatar
Norway iwillspankyou
Gendarme
iwillspankyouDonator Best
Posts: 7538

09 Oct 2019, 23:21

I still think Bernie will win, and thus we will all be winners (exept the 1%)
Hippocrits are the worst of animals. I love elifants.
User avatar
No Flag fightinfrenchman
Ninja
Donator 04
Posts: 17197
Location: Pennsylvania

10 Oct 2019, 00:59

Bernie got over 40% here in 2016

User avatar
Australia wardyb1
ESOC Community Team
Donator 01
Posts: 1323
ESO: wardyb1
Location: Australia

10 Oct 2019, 04:30

Interesting decision. Will certainly make it harder to go against the millions and millions of $$$ the Republicans have backing them. Honestly think she would've been better off holding her original position. In the end, she could rake in the dollars for the party in the lead up to the general election, then simply not do what the donors want. I just feel as though getting elected should be priority number 1. No point saying no to donors, if you don't manage to get elected without them. Get elected, then ignore them, and guess what you now are president and have enough notoriety that you can probably get away without the huge donors for the next time around.
“To love the journey is to accept no such end. I have found, through painful experience, that the most important step a person can take is always the next one.”
User avatar
No Flag fightinfrenchman
Ninja
Donator 04
Posts: 17197
Location: Pennsylvania

10 Oct 2019, 13:57

???

User avatar
United States of America occamslightsaber
ESOC Media Team
Posts: 1075
ESO: L1BERTYPR1ME

10 Oct 2019, 16:17

Sounds like her last hurrah before she drops out of the race, except that it’s not a very dignified exit. She must have known that her candidacy was a long shot. The term “sore loser” comes to mind.
The scientific term for China creating free units is Mitoe-sis.

I intend all my puns.
User avatar
No Flag fightinfrenchman
Ninja
Donator 04
Posts: 17197
Location: Pennsylvania

10 Oct 2019, 16:20

I think she's going to try to be a spoiler candidate
User avatar
United States of America n0el
ESOC Business Team
Posts: 5874
ESO: jezabob
Clan: 팀 하우스

10 Oct 2019, 16:55

wardyb1 wrote:Interesting decision. Will certainly make it harder to go against the millions and millions of $$$ the Republicans have backing them. Honestly think she would've been better off holding her original position. In the end, she could rake in the dollars for the party in the lead up to the general election, then simply not do what the donors want. I just feel as though getting elected should be priority number 1. No point saying no to donors, if you don't manage to get elected without them. Get elected, then ignore them, and guess what you now are president and have enough notoriety that you can probably get away without the huge donors for the next time around.

It is a primary play for sure, she knows she needs the Bernie supports to beat Biden, and this is one of the biggest criticisms of her so far.
Image
User avatar
United States of America n0el
ESOC Business Team
Posts: 5874
ESO: jezabob
Clan: 팀 하우스

10 Oct 2019, 20:51

Image
User avatar
No Flag fightinfrenchman
Ninja
Donator 04
Posts: 17197
Location: Pennsylvania

10 Oct 2019, 20:54

Cult of personality
User avatar
United States of America n0el
ESOC Business Team
Posts: 5874
ESO: jezabob
Clan: 팀 하우스

10 Oct 2019, 20:55

It’s policy, not personality. Throw another Democratic socialist in the race and Sanders would lose more than half his support.
Image
User avatar
No Flag fightinfrenchman
Ninja
Donator 04
Posts: 17197
Location: Pennsylvania

10 Oct 2019, 20:59

n0el wrote:It’s policy, not personality. Throw another Democratic socialist in the race and Sanders would lose more than half his support.


Won't be necessary, he's gonna lose either way
User avatar
United States of America n0el
ESOC Business Team
Posts: 5874
ESO: jezabob
Clan: 팀 하우스

10 Oct 2019, 21:00

Probably, but he’s already moved the field far to the left and Warren is going to win. So in the end, it’s great for everyone.
Image
No Flag lejend
Howdah
Posts: 1751

10 Oct 2019, 23:31

Especially for Trump.
User avatar
No Flag fightinfrenchman
Ninja
Donator 04
Posts: 17197
Location: Pennsylvania

10 Oct 2019, 23:34

lejend wrote:Especially for Trump.


Are you a Trump supporter?
User avatar
No Flag fightinfrenchman
Ninja
Donator 04
Posts: 17197
Location: Pennsylvania

11 Oct 2019, 00:12

lejend wrote:Especially for Trump.


No Flag lejend
Howdah
Posts: 1751

11 Oct 2019, 00:41

fightinfrenchman wrote:
lejend wrote:Especially for Trump.




Biden is a known quantity, so if he's leading Trump by 10 points, that's pretty good. Warren's numbers will drop once people are made aware of her far-left policies. Not to mention all the controversies surrounding her past.

It's also important to compare how the candidates fare in individual swing states like Wisconsin and Ohio. National polls are pretty much meaningless.

How Trump could lose by 5 million votes and still win in 2020

https://www.nbcnews.com/politics/2020-e ... 0-n1031601


https://www.usatoday.com/story/news/pol ... 896700002/

A new poll conducted for Fox News shows President Donald Trump nine percentage points behind former Vice President Joe Biden in the key swing state of Wisconsin.

Biden polled at 48%, and Trump polled at 39% in the poll' head-to-head matchups.

Sen. Elizabeth Warren, D-Mass., and Sen. Bernie Sanders, I-Vt., also held leads over Trump, though their leads were within the margin of error for the poll.

Warren bested Trump 45%-41%, and Sanders led 45%-40%.

Trump won Wisconsin by a narrow margin in 2016 – meaning that early polling could spell trouble for Trump going into the 2020 elections.


I mean, anything is possible, so Warren could well beat Trump, but she's a ridiculously risky choice. There's a reason Trump's people are all rooting for her in the primary.
User avatar
United States of America Amsel_
Howdah
Posts: 1815
ESO: The_Amsel

11 Oct 2019, 01:22

lejend wrote:There's a reason Trump's people are all rooting for her in the primary.

N-no, what are you talking about? Tax hikes, the green new deal, and free healthcare for illegal immigrants is a great way to win over moderates.

*twirls mustache deviously*
User avatar
No Flag fightinfrenchman
Ninja
Donator 04
Posts: 17197
Location: Pennsylvania

11 Oct 2019, 01:27

Amsel_ wrote:
lejend wrote:There's a reason Trump's people are all rooting for her in the primary.

N-no, what are you talking about? Tax hikes, the green new deal, and free healthcare for illegal immigrants is a great way to win over moderates.

*twirls mustache deviously*


Do you consider yourself a Trump supporter?
User avatar
United States of America n0el
ESOC Business Team
Posts: 5874
ESO: jezabob
Clan: 팀 하우스

11 Oct 2019, 01:44

Who gives a shit about moderates. This is going to be a base election.
Image
User avatar
United States of America Amsel_
Howdah
Posts: 1815
ESO: The_Amsel

11 Oct 2019, 02:10

fightinfrenchman wrote:
Amsel_ wrote:
lejend wrote:There's a reason Trump's people are all rooting for her in the primary.

N-no, what are you talking about? Tax hikes, the green new deal, and free healthcare for illegal immigrants is a great way to win over moderates.

*twirls mustache deviously*


Do you consider yourself a Trump supporter?

yeah

n0el wrote:Who gives a shit about moderates. This is going to be a base election.

Brilliant strategy! I encourage you to keep at it. :hehe:
User avatar
United States of America n0el
ESOC Business Team
Posts: 5874
ESO: jezabob
Clan: 팀 하우스

11 Oct 2019, 02:41

i hope so, if they go the moderate way they will lose.
Image
User avatar
No Flag fightinfrenchman
Ninja
Donator 04
Posts: 17197
Location: Pennsylvania

11 Oct 2019, 11:22

@Amsel_ Why do you hate the Kurds
User avatar
United States of America Amsel_
Howdah
Posts: 1815
ESO: The_Amsel

11 Oct 2019, 12:28

fightinfrenchman wrote:@Amsel_ Why do you hate the Kurds

I don't hate the Kurds. I simply recognize the fact that the capital of Syria is Damascus. The SDF was just an American proxy from day one, meant to occupy territory in order to prevent Assad from reuniting the country. (and provide a stable launching point for a new Syrian state once all the terrorists we armed got killed off) I would have preferred a diplomatic reintegration to continued unnecessary violence, but the recent Turkish invasion isn't a pivotal moment. They're only planning on occupying the border region - something they've already done in northwestern Syria.
User avatar
No Flag fightinfrenchman
Ninja
Donator 04
Posts: 17197
Location: Pennsylvania

11 Oct 2019, 13:57

@Amsel_ Let me rephrase that, why do you consider it good when Kurds are killed
User avatar
Chad Dolan
Gendarme
Posts: 6460
Location: 4th Roman empire but it's actually not an empire, it's a shopping centre, a train station and a club

11 Oct 2019, 14:21

The whole Middle East is a cesspool of mutual hate. All Arabs hate Israelis. Turks hate Kurds. Iran and Syria are Shi'a allies, since they belong to the same branch of Muslim faith. And Israelis are their arch-enemy that they are trying to wipe out from Palestine. Israelis on the other hand are trying to turn Palestianians into 2nd rate citizens and drive them out of their lands. Saudis, on the other hand, hate Iranians and want them destroyed. So pretty much every relation between Middle East states is shaped by this complicated polygon of hate.

Forum Info

Return to “Real-life Discussion”



Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest