European politics

This is for discussions about news, politics, sports, other games, culture, philosophy etc.
Latvia harcha
Gendarme
ESO: hatamoto_samurai

Re: European politics

Post by harcha »

princeofcarthage wrote: ↑
01 Jul 2022, 18:53
Like I said, China knows something which 1) Western world also knows but chose to hide 2) Ignore it 3) Incompetent enough to not about it.

No country would self wreck their economy, lockdown millions of citizens, stagnate growth over a virus with less than 1% effective mortality rate and which can be further reduced with medical care. Maybe long term effects, maybe side effects something seriously is wrong with the virus which world at large doesn't know. Quite likely they would tell their friendly nations and Putin reacts in similar way.
Not exactly Hanlon's razor, but
don't attribute it to Xi's knowledge what should be attributed to his ego. He said that there will be no Covid in China, and he will damn sure make it so, whatever the costs may be.
POC wrote:Also I most likely know a whole lot more than you.
POC wrote:Also as an objective third party, and near 100% accuracy of giving correct information, I would say my opinions are more reliable than yours.
Nauru Dolan
Ninja

Post by Dolan »

What could sanctions do to people like this

You can't take away their mud
Kiribati princeofcarthage
Retired Contributor

Post by princeofcarthage »

harcha wrote: ↑
02 Jul 2022, 14:50
princeofcarthage wrote: ↑
01 Jul 2022, 18:53
Like I said, China knows something which 1) Western world also knows but chose to hide 2) Ignore it 3) Incompetent enough to not about it.

No country would self wreck their economy, lockdown millions of citizens, stagnate growth over a virus with less than 1% effective mortality rate and which can be further reduced with medical care. Maybe long term effects, maybe side effects something seriously is wrong with the virus which world at large doesn't know. Quite likely they would tell their friendly nations and Putin reacts in similar way.
Not exactly Hanlon's razor, but
don't attribute it to Xi's knowledge what should be attributed to his ego. He said that there will be no Covid in China, and he will damn sure make it so, whatever the costs may be.
He also said he will make China the most powerful country in the world. His ego is also tied to China's reputation. Unpredictable lockdowns and forceful shutting of businesses cause China to lose global reputation and finding alternatives. This directly hurts his stated vision of global China.
Fine line to something great is a strange change.
Latvia harcha
Gendarme

Post by harcha »

From the outside we can see this, but internally noone talks about unpredictable lockdowns and forceful shutting of businesses. I am just referring to the posts from our Chinese correspondent.
POC wrote:Also as an objective third party, and near 100% accuracy of giving correct information, I would say my opinions are more reliable than yours.
Nauru Dolan
Ninja

Post by Dolan »

Image Image
Latvia harcha
Gendarme

Post by harcha »

look who found the dumbest way to insert himself in the war
Nauru Dolan
Ninja

Post by Dolan »

It kinda makes sense he says that because that's one of the ways in which Putin justified the war, as a crusade against a Ukraine that has become a puppet state of the West, eager to adopt its rotten value system.
And since Peterson became a social/media brand by playing this role of "exposer of woke hubris", of course if you ask him about the war in Ukraine, he's gonna try to spin it as essentially a conflict of values, in which Putin plays the role of the anti-woke figurehead.
We know the war is not only about that, but it serves Peterson's media figure career to see this event through this lens, because that's what keeps him relevant to his audience.
Vietnam duckzilla
Jaeger

Post by duckzilla »

Dolan wrote: ↑
06 Jul 2022, 18:18
It kinda makes sense he says that because that's one of the ways in which Putin justified the war, as a crusade against a Ukraine that has become a puppet state of the West, eager to adopt its rotten value system.
And since Peterson became a social/media brand by playing this role of "exposer of woke hubris", of course if you ask him about the war in Ukraine, he's gonna try to spin it as essentially a conflict of values, in which Putin plays the role of the anti-woke figurehead.
We know the war is not only about that, but it serves Peterson's media figure career to see this event through this lens, because that's what keeps him relevant to his audience.
Makes you think how rotten that value system is when people begin to freely adopt it while you have to incarcerate/genocide people to enforce your own righteous value system.
Whatever is written above: this is no financial advice.

Beati pauperes spiritu.
Latvia harcha
Gendarme

Post by harcha »

should Boris stay or should he go?
Vietnam duckzilla
Jaeger

Post by duckzilla »

There are some strong arguments in his favour. He has a good entertainment factor. And there's doesn't appear to be any alternative within the Tories that would actually be an improvement over him regarding policy for the average Brit.

Beati pauperes spiritu.
China fei123456
Jaeger
ESO: fei123456

Post by fei123456 »

Will the resign of Boris influence British policy on Ukraine? Those disgusting Chinese Putin fans are already celebrating the surrender of the west and the victory of Tsar.
Nauru Dolan
Ninja

Post by Dolan »

This latest scandal was really minor and not really worth resigning over. It all looks like some people have been working hard to unearth any possible misstep that BoJo made at some point, then hand it over to the press, to amplify it.
But that's how it works in these "old, advanced" democracies, reputation can be destroyed by the smallest issue.
The previous scandal with the No 10 parties that defied Covid rules was more serious because it showed lack of respect for the rules they themselves put into place. But this occasionally happens in politics at the highest levels, it's just that people aren't familiar with that atmosphere, so if it gets in the media it becomes a scandal.
I thought BoJo would stubbornly continue to refuse to resign, but apparently they 'tenderised' him somehow. Maybe they showed him some polls.
Nauru Dolan
Ninja

Post by Dolan »

It does suck for the UK that they'll have to go through elections again, as if that's what they needed now

Nvm, they can go on with the current majority
Kiribati princeofcarthage
Retired Contributor

Post by princeofcarthage »

duckzilla wrote: ↑
07 Jul 2022, 07:14
06 Jul 2022, 18:18
Makes you think how rotten that value system is when people begin to freely adopt it while you have to incarcerate/genocide people to enforce your own righteous value system.
What do you even take, west literally forces it culture on other nations or bombs them.
Fine line to something great is a strange change.
No Flag lejend
Jaeger

Post by lejend »

Nauru Dolan
Ninja

Post by Dolan »

The wheels are starting to move, finally

A pilot episode from the "bring chip manufacturing back to Europe" series
European Union scarm
Howdah
ESO: Malebranche

Post by scarm »

Wdym finally, EU chips act with the goal to to improve europes strategic indpendence has literally started 2 years ago (which is still incredibly late, but this just isn't exactly news)
Nauru Dolan
Ninja

Post by Dolan »

@scarm Yeah but things move so slowly in Europe from intention to actually doing stuff when it comes to strategic decisions, I'm surprised things are starting to move after just 2 years
Great Britain Horsemen
Jaeger

Post by Horsemen »

Vietnam duckzilla
Jaeger

Post by duckzilla »

From the outside, Tugendhat seems to be the only somewhat promising candidate. He will never make it.

Beati pauperes spiritu.
Great Britain Horsemen
Jaeger

Post by Horsemen »

duckzilla wrote: ↑
16 Jul 2022, 12:01
From the outside, Tugendhat seems to be the only somewhat promising candidate. He will never make it.
He comes across as the most promising candidate because he knows he will never make it, which leaves him free to speak his mind.

If he was a serious contender then he would be constrained like the other candidates into toeing the party line.
France iNcog
Ninja

Post by iNcog »

harcha wrote: ↑
06 Jul 2022, 14:25
look who found the dumbest way to insert himself in the war
brain aids :lol: :lol: :lol:
YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/incog_aoe
Garja wrote: ↑
20 Mar 2020, 21:46
I just hope DE is not going to implement all of the EP changes. Right now it is a big clusterfuck.
Nauru Dolan
Ninja

Post by Dolan »

For a while I thought Liz Truss would win the race, but idk now, all Tory leadership candidates seem so terrible, anyone could win it
No Flag RefluxSemantic
Gendarme

Post by RefluxSemantic »

13 Jul 2022, 07:05

In a few years photonic chips will be the new rage and NL will be leading in this area and I will be getting fat money because Im working in the industry.

But maybe this is wishful thinking
Nauru Dolan
Ninja

Post by Dolan »

RefluxSemantic wrote: ↑
18 Jul 2022, 00:17
13 Jul 2022, 07:05

In a few years photonic chips will be the new rage and NL will be leading in this area and I will be getting fat money because Im working in the industry.

But maybe this is wishful thinking
That's great. You know what you guys should do. Stop beind modest and charging only a couple of millions for the tech you're selling to Asia. Start asking for billions.
Because the "Asian miracle" was built on Dutch innovation too and now some Asian countries are acting like they're world powers and the 'West is crooked' and Russia is the good guy in the Ukrainian conflict.
We have a saying in Romania "if you don't let someone die, they won't let you live".

We need to turn this situation around, this situation in which we in Europe pay the highest prices for imported electronics in the whole developed world, even though those electronics are built with European tech and tools.
And then Americans pop on the internet bragging about how Europe "doesn't innovate anymore" and Asians brag about how we couldn't have any electronics without them.