London Terror Attack

This is for discussions about news, politics, sports, other games, culture, philosophy etc.
No Flag lejend
Jaeger

Re: London Terror Attack

Post by lejend »

Did you know that a lot of the violence against Muslims in Europe, is actually committed by Mideastern Christians?

https://islamineurope.blogspot.ca/2009/ ... ed-by.html

Likewise in Israel much of the anti-Muslim discrimination and violence is committed by Mizrahi Jews, who were oppressed, ethnically cleansed and expelled by the Arabs a few decades ago.

Why is it that those groups who have personal experience living among the Muslims, tend to really dislike Muslims?

Really makes you think. :hmm:
Russia yurashic
Howdah
ESO: Yurashic

Post by yurashic »

I think some of you have heard about the terrorist attack performed by a muslim in the metro of St. Petersburg, Russia, on the 3rd of April 2017. I was very lucky on that day because the explosion was on the route I usually pick and at the time I was supposed to be there, but thank God I fell ill on that day and didn't go anywhere.

Honestly, such cases make you reconsider a lot of things. When 1 idiot paralyzes the city where you live for 2 days, kills 11 people and you survive just because you were lucky, you kinda stop being tolerant.
United States of America Cometk
Retired Contributor

Post by Cometk »

fun thread
Sweden Gendarme
Gendarme
Donator 03
ESO: Gendarme

Post by Gendarme »

Interesting how the vast majority of The West (western Europe and North America) is blinded by political correctness and MSM-propaganda while The East (eastern Europe and Russia) isn't.

This is observable even by just paying attention to the nationality-flags the users have on ESOC.
Pay more attention to detail.
Germany Lukas_L99
Pro Player
Donator 01
ESO: Lukas_L99

Post by Lukas_L99 »

lejend wrote:Image

Really makes you think.

especially the lower parts seem super exaggerated
Sweden Gendarme
Gendarme
Donator 03
ESO: Gendarme

Post by Gendarme »

The source is the very first thing in that picture.
Pay more attention to detail.
No Flag lejend
Jaeger

Post by lejend »

Lukas_L99 wrote:
lejend wrote:Image

Really makes you think.

especially the lower parts seem super exaggerated

I would not be so sure.

University of Munster Study (2016):

47% of Turks living in Germany agreed with the statement that, "following the tenets of my religion is more important to me than the laws of the land in which I live."

32% of respondents agreed that, "Muslims should strive to return to a societal order like that in the time of Mohammed."

20% of respondents agreed that, "the threat which the West poses to Islam justifies violence."

23% say that a Muslim should not shake the hand of the opposite sex.

33% say that a woman should wear the veil.

73% say that books and movies which offend religion should be banned.

http://www.gatestoneinstitute.org/8321/ ... ntegration

Die Welt (2012): 46% of Turkish Muslims in Germany hope there will eventually be more Muslims than Christians in Germany.

25% are of the opinion that atheists are inferior people.

And of course 18% consider Jews to be inferior.

http://www.welt.de/politik/deutschland/ ... rheit.html
Netherlands momuuu
Ninja
ESO: Jerom_

Post by momuuu »

That thread is like the ultimate wasp's nest. At least we can pick out the rightwing people more easily now.
India rsy
Jaeger
Donator 01

Post by rsy »

lejend wrote:Why is it that those groups who have personal experience living among the Muslims, tend to really dislike Muslims?

I for one love hanging out with my Muslim friends as do all of my friends in India as well as most of my Christian friends in US. In fact I cant really point at any of my Indian friends and say he dislikes our other mutual Muslim friend so I don't really know what you are talking about.
Spain yoqpasa
Lancer
ESO: yoqpasa

Post by yoqpasa »

Jerom wrote:That thread is like the ultimate wasp's nest. At least we can pick out the rightwing people more easily now.

''pick out'' sounds a bit totalitarian

No Flag deleted_user
Ninja

Post by deleted_user »

I don't like judging others based on their political beliefs too hard under the pretense that their beliefs aren't necessarily a reflection of their individual character, that there is most often merit of varying degree on both sides of the issue, and that each individual can experiences his or her experiences in life differently.

"Pick out right wingers" is something you'd find upsetting if a right winger said "pick out left wingers."

Politics shouldn't necessarily be black or white but discussed.
Tuvalu gibson
Ninja
ECL Reigning Champs

Post by gibson »

While most people would definitely as left, I do get annoyed at much of the lefts insistence that there is nothing wrong with Islam and that it doesn't call for violence towards infidels, which is clearly does. However, I get much more annoyed that the right acts as if being Muslim means you're going to be violent. Its largely Trump's fault too. Lets get mad that some Muslim dude in Canada probably groped some girls in a pool, but who cares that 1 in 5 female college students while be a victim of a sexual crime at some point during their time at college. Who cares that many of our large cities have higher homicide rates than many third world countries.

Gendarme wrote:Interesting how the vast majority of The West (western Europe and North America) is blinded by political correctness and MSM-propaganda while The East (eastern Europe and Russia) isn't.

This is observable even by just paying attention to the nationality-flags the users have on ESOC.
Yes clearly it's really amazing how the places that are objectively more backwards eyes have been opened while the more progressive places haven't. We should all just make gay marriage illegal and treat women like crap and we'll be one step closer to Nirvana

rsy wrote:
lejend wrote:Why is it that those groups who have personal experience living among the Muslims, tend to really dislike Muslims?

I for one love hanging out with my Muslim friends as do all of my friends in India as well as most of my Christian friends in US. In fact I cant really point at any of my Indian friends and say he dislikes our other mutual Muslim friend so I don't really know what you are talking about.

One thing that's interesting is that while the vast majority of Muslims live in Asia, India China etc, almost all radical terrorism comes from the middle east, where only about 15% of Muslims live. Makes you wonder if it may be just as much a cultural thing as a religious thing.
Netherlands momuuu
Ninja
ESO: Jerom_

Post by momuuu »

deleted_user wrote:I don't like judging others based on their political beliefs too hard under the pretense that their beliefs aren't necessarily a reflection of their individual character, that there is most often merit of varying degree on both sides of the issue, and that each individual can experiences his or her experiences in life differently.

"Pick out right wingers" is something you'd find upsetting if a right winger said "pick out left wingers."

Politics shouldn't necessarily be black or white but discussed.

Extreme political views might not always be the most sensible. To me the pc flowerpower vegan stuff is just as off as the fuck all muslims stuff.
No Flag deleted_user0
Ninja

Post by deleted_user0 »

lejend wrote:Did you know that a lot of the violence against Muslims in Europe, is actually committed by Mideastern Christians?

https://islamineurope.blogspot.ca/2009/ ... ed-by.html

Likewise in Israel much of the anti-Muslim discrimination and violence is committed by Mizrahi Jews, who were oppressed, ethnically cleansed and expelled by the Arabs a few decades ago.

Why is it that those groups who have personal experience living among the Muslims, tend to really dislike Muslims?

Did you know most of the terrorist attacks in europe have been committed by people living in europe near europeans? And otherwise they've been committed by people from countries that have been attacked by western militaries. Why is it that these muslims, who have had a personal experience living among europeans, tend to dislike them so much that they would commit suicide in order to kill as many of them as possible?

Really makes you think...
No Flag deleted_user0
Ninja

Post by deleted_user0 »

Gendarme wrote:Interesting how the vast majority of The West (western Europe and North America) is blinded by political correctness and MSM-propaganda while The East (eastern Europe and Russia) isn't.

Yea, guess in which countries gay and colored people and many women feel more unsafe? Rofl...
No Flag lejend
Jaeger

Post by lejend »

rsy wrote:

That's your personal experience. The Christian, Buddhist, Sikh, Hindu, and irreligious South Asians I know tend to dislike Muslims quite a bit.

Can't imagine why.

https://themuslimissue.wordpress.com/20 ... n-history/
Turkey LONEWOLF123
Dragoon
ESO: LONE_WOLF123

Post by LONEWOLF123 »

world : 1399-2017 propaganda vs propaganda

is there any facts left? something pure truth?
let me answer : 2
Tuvalu gibson
Ninja
ECL Reigning Champs

Post by gibson »

lejend wrote:
rsy wrote:

That's your personal experience. The Christian, Buddhist, Sikh, Hindu, and irreligious South Asians I know tend to dislike Muslims quite a bit.

Can't imagine why.

https://themuslimissue.wordpress.com/20 ... n-history/

Ofc someone like you isn't gonna like muslims because you lack the ability to not be biased against them, which is somehow Ok. I would get absolutely shit on if I did the same thing with Christians, even though I would I have the exact same justification. Somehow it's okay for Christians to molest people but when muslims do it it's bad. Normal people base their opinion of someone off of who they are, not one thing they believe in. One thing that make's an extremist an extremist is not doing that.
No Flag lejend
Jaeger

Post by lejend »

gibson wrote:Ofc someone like you isn't gonna like muslims because you lack the ability to not be biased against them, which is somehow Ok. I would get absolutely shit on if I did the same thing with Christians, even though I would I have the exact same justification. Somehow it's okay for Christians to molest people but when muslims do it it's bad. Normal people base their opinion of someone off of who they are, not one thing they believe in. One thing that make's an extremist an extremist is not doing that.

Where are Christians molesting people and where do I say it's okay?

If I believed that it is just and right to torture your sister, would that affect your opinion of me?
France benj89
Howdah

Post by benj89 »

"Prestige is like a powerful magnet that warps even your beliefs about what you enjoy. If you want to make ambitious people waste their time on errands, bait the hook with prestige." - Paul Graham
No Flag lejend
Jaeger

Post by lejend »

Hopefully it becomes a sad reminder for people to stay away from NoKo.
No Flag deleted_user0
Ninja

Post by deleted_user0 »

lejend wrote:
gibson wrote:Ofc someone like you isn't gonna like muslims because you lack the ability to not be biased against them, which is somehow Ok. I would get absolutely shit on if I did the same thing with Christians, even though I would I have the exact same justification. Somehow it's okay for Christians to molest people but when muslims do it it's bad. Normal people base their opinion of someone off of who they are, not one thing they believe in. One thing that make's an extremist an extremist is not doing that.

If I believed that it is just and right to torture your sister, would that affect your opinion of me?

I would think you are batshit insane. But then again, I already think that. And I'm allowed to think you are, just like you're allowed to think women or other groups of people are inferior, but you're not allowed to act upon those beliefs against the rule of law. That goes for everyone, regardless of religion.
Tuvalu gibson
Ninja
ECL Reigning Champs

Post by gibson »

lejend wrote:

The catholic church lol? I'm just pointing out the double standard. No one really cares about priests raping kids we'll just sweep it under the rug but by god when a Muslim does it get ur pitchforks and ban them from our country!
India Nymphomaniac
Dragoon

Post by Nymphomaniac »

Very good point indeed. I for one, would like to know how many of us here have lived in areas (e.g.- city, colony etc) dominated by muslims(90-95%)?? Living in India, though I don't live in such colonies thankfully, but I have visited many such places and once u go there, u feel completely different environment (not good one). Some incidences in which muslims residing in such areas threatening the police officials to come in those colonies (when being charged for something like traffic rule violation) have also surfaced.

If anyone here has lived in such place, I would like to ask if u were living with same liberties as in other places.
I can go on to give countless things wrong with Islam and other religions as well. But the point is muslims are the only group who are ready to blow their own bodies for their religion regardless of how educated, social etc they are. Remember even Osama bin Laden was a civil engineer lol. Many others become terrorists after becoming doctors as well. Muti-talented, aren't they??

The problems which the west has just started to face from radical Islam have been prevailing in India (& East presumably) since much before. Hence people from these places will obviously raise their voice against it.
Spain Snuden
Jaeger
ESO: Snuden

Post by Snuden »

I have worked in Saudi Arabia, Sudan, Iraq and Jordan. Everything about it sucked. It should be obvious to anybody that most people from those countries are unable to integrate in the west.
[Sith] - Baphomet