Game of Thrones-season 7

This is for discussions about news, politics, sports, other games, culture, philosophy etc.
Poland pecelot
Retired Contributor
Donator 03
ESO: Pezet

Re: Game of Thrones-season 7

Post by pecelot »

act like a wasteman — that's not me! sex any girl — yo, that's not me!
Germany lordraphael
Pro Player
EWTNWC LAN SilverAdvanced Division WinnerDonator 01

Post by lordraphael »

ye without the books this series is just like any other series now,except for the budget i guess. Ill still miss it once its over tho. I never liked clarke that much either, but i think Arya is pretty nice, felt more like she suffered from the increasingly worse plotlines.
breeze wrote: they cant even guess how much f***ing piece of stupid retarded they look they are trying to give lesson to people who are over pr35 and know the best mu. im pretty sure that we need a page that only pr30+ post and then we could have a nice discussins.
Germany lordraphael
Pro Player

Post by lordraphael »

and another episode has passed by. I liked it- but only because i decided to ignore the gigantic plotholes and the missing logic. To speak in aoe language. Cersei looks like she uses both maphack and moesbar hack plus 100 % handicap, while daenarys seems to be unable to play at all. Does it make any sense ? Hell no, but at least this makes things interesting.
Best parts at the nonsense front:
Euron: he must have found some teleportation machine considering how he randomly appears in literally every part of westeros to rape a fleet.
Nightking : He surely most have lost his way, considering how armies are being moved over thousands of miles while he cant even reach the fucking wall.
breeze wrote: they cant even guess how much f***ing piece of stupid retarded they look they are trying to give lesson to people who are over pr35 and know the best mu. im pretty sure that we need a page that only pr30+ post and then we could have a nice discussins.
United States of America sc
Dragoon
ESO: _ZOMBIE_

Post by sc »

Gotta give the timeline some slack and remember that months can go by in between or during an episode.
VIRTZN and CM1993 are my friends and they never cheat. everyone should add them. kappa
Germany lordraphael
Pro Player

Post by lordraphael »

sc wrote:Gotta give the timeline some slack and remember that months can go by in between or during an episode.

well thats fine but not if some moves take considerable less time than others ( see examples above ) . And honestly with a good script such poor explanations shouldnt even be necessary.
No Flag deleted_user
Ninja

Post by deleted_user »

Yeah I still enjoy the series a great deal but this isn't peak GoT.
No Flag Jaeger
Jaeger

Post by Jaeger »

deleted_user wrote:Yeah I still enjoy the series a great deal but this isn't peak GoT.

I agree, but on the other hand I hope this is not because I'm subconciously overly critical of season 7 because of biases. BIases include:

They are deviating from the books
Some shows tend to get bad towards the ending
last time i cryed was because i stood on Lego
No Flag kami_ryu
Retired Contributor

Post by kami_ryu »

-- deleted post --

Reason: on request (off-topic bulk delete)
Finland princeofkabul
Pro Player
NWC LAN Top 8EPL Reigning Champs
ESO: Princeofkabul

Post by princeofkabul »

Where the fuck is the 100k army Tyrell's are supposed to have? and why they left the capital of reach basically unprotected lol. The writers are basically trying their best to make the "good guys" desperate but in reality they should wield about 5 times biggers armies than the crown. Redwynes of the Reich supposedly have the largest fleet in westeros. Before Euron magically made himself the biggest fleet in fucking iron islands which is a poor fucking reagion with no much population compared to the southern westeros, or any place of westeros in fact. They're tried to justify their poor writing by making Tarly's allying with the crown and betraying the Tyrell's. Tarly's are the 4th strongest house in the reach lol. Basically nobodies. Lannister's been fighting from season 2 and they still magically have the armies to wield eventhough it's been said that they've been broke for long time now. And thousands of their army had been killed by Robb and Stannis.
Only Daenarys alone should have the numbers to win this war in no time by having 100k Dothraki and about 10k unsullied and 3 dragons. Versus what? Lannisters who should have max 20-30k manpower, and magical fleet by broke ass fishermen.
Chairman of Washed Up clan
Leader of the Shady Swedes
Team Manager of the Blockhouse Boomers
Germany lordraphael
Pro Player

Post by lordraphael »

princeofkabul wrote:Where the fuck is the 100k army Tyrell's are supposed to have? and why they left the capital of reach basically unprotected lol. The writers are basically trying their best to make the "good guys" desperate but in reality they should wield about 5 times biggers armies than the crown. Redwynes of the Reich supposedly have the largest fleet in westeros. Before Euron magically made himself the biggest fleet in fucking iron islands which is a poor fucking reagion with no much population compared to the southern westeros, or any place of westeros in fact. They're tried to justify their poor writing by making Tarly's allying with the crown and betraying the Tyrell's. Tarly's are the 4th strongest house in the reach lol. Basically nobodies. Lannister's been fighting from season 2 and they still magically have the armies to wield eventhough it's been said that they've been broke for long time now. And thousands of their army had been killed by Robb and Stannis.
Only Daenarys alone should have the numbers to win this war in no time by having 100k Dothraki and about 10k unsullied and 3 dragons. Versus what? Lannisters who should have max 20-30k manpower, and magical fleet by broke ass fishermen.

they have all been sacrificed to give cersei a chance
No Flag deleted_user0
Ninja

Post by deleted_user0 »

princeofkabul wrote:Where the fuck is the 100k army Tyrell's are supposed to have? and why they left the capital of reach basically unprotected lol. The writers are basically trying their best to make the "good guys" desperate but in reality they should wield about 5 times biggers armies than the crown. Redwynes of the Reich supposedly have the largest fleet in westeros. Before Euron magically made himself the biggest fleet in fucking iron islands which is a poor fucking reagion with no much population compared to the southern westeros, or any place of westeros in fact. They're tried to justify their poor writing by making Tarly's allying with the crown and betraying the Tyrell's. Tarly's are the 4th strongest house in the reach lol. Basically nobodies. Lannister's been fighting from season 2 and they still magically have the armies to wield eventhough it's been said that they've been broke for long time now. And thousands of their army had been killed by Robb and Stannis.

yea that made no sense, the tyrells are supposed to have the biggest army in all of westeros, and the most cavalry as well. I guess not all the bannermen of the Tyrells fought with them, as people like randal tarly stayed loyal to the crown, and thus the tyrell army would probably not be as big, but still not something which would just be defeated in a day and then its over... its all so hurried.

Euron did have a great fleet, not because of the iron islands, but because of his time when he became a pirate king in the eastern seas near volantis etc. So his fleet, after he took over the iron islands, may have the numbers to match the fleet of the redwynes, but it's still a pirate fleet, and not a fleet of warships. Afaik I know, the fleets went like this: Redwynes > Dragonstone (but this fleet got destroyed at Blackwater bay) > iron islands > rest of the houses
Finland princeofkabul
Pro Player

Post by princeofkabul »

lordraphael wrote:

they have all been sacrificed to give cersei a chance

Yeah I see, Lannisters just sacked a capital of Reich no big deal. Basically the key to the wealthiest reagion in westeros. It seems money can't win wars these days. Magical disposal of your opponents huge land army along with their armada can.
Finland princeofkabul
Pro Player

Post by princeofkabul »

umeu wrote:

yea that made no sense, the tyrells are supposed to have the biggest army in all of westeros, and the most cavalry as well. I guess not all the bannermen of the Tyrells fought with them, as people like randal tarly stayed loyal to the crown, and thus the tyrell army would probably not be as big, but still not something which would just be defeated in a day and then its over... its all so hurried.

Euron did have a great fleet, not because of the iron islands, but because of his time when he became a pirate king in the eastern seas near volantis etc. So his fleet, after he took over the iron islands, may have the numbers to match the fleet of the redwynes, but it's still a pirate fleet, and not a fleet of warships. Afaik I know, the fleets went like this: Redwynes > Dragonstone (but this fleet got destroyed at Blackwater bay) > iron islands > rest of the houses

Yeah I forgot about the Pirate thing, but I think it's just too hurried like you said, and too simple, just to "make me a thousand ships and I give you westeros bs" There are no backround of how they financed this building of a fleet. Ships are supposed to be VERY expenssive and even might take years to build.
Germany lordraphael
Pro Player

Post by lordraphael »

its a disease of many series that they just dont take numbers very seriously. If i was showrunnner of a great show like Got id first get my numbers right . How many men can each house muster atm , after years of fighting, how can they be sustained etc. Once i have the numbers i can write the story accordingly so it makes a least a little bit of sense.
The problem is that they made Daenarys fucking OP. She basically landed with roughly 10 k unsullied, who are elite warriors, 100k dothraki and then got support from dorne and tyrell 2 of the 7 great houses of westeros. Altho i dont think the tyrells can field a 100 k army anymore its still more than reasonable to say that they still have like 50- 60 k. Droneprovides another 20 l ( they hadnt been fighting in any war, before season 7 ). Basically she had roughly 200- 240 k of men under her command before season 7 started.

Starks and the vale can field like 20 -40 k together, maybe a bit more considering the Vale has been untouched by the war.
The freys are gone, Riverlands is probably in turmoil, Baratheon is gone aswell.

That leaves only the lannisters with a bunch of smaller allies against the North and the South and the Lannisters are basically dead at the end of seaon 6. No gold, no troops, no allies, nothing.

This is displayed to a certain extend in the shows. The lannister armies in season 7 arent that big and kind of reasonable, I believe they only have like 20 k.The exception is obviously that 1000 ship fleet which still exists AFTER Yara escaped with the best ships of the fleet.
The thing is that while the lannister armies are reasonable they seem to have completly ignored the numbers for Daenarys, it seems the whole time like armies of equal numbers are fighting while infact the lannisters should be outnumbered by a 3 or 4 to 1 ratio, even if you dont take the dothraki into account.

This brings me back to the number 1 problem they created an unstoppable army for daenerys at the end of season 6 and now they use shit explanations / no explanations at all to make that army vanish, while infact it cannot be defeatet realistically.

Another problem is obviously that everything feels rushed. One of Got strength used to be that everything felt more or less logical and was explained that it all made sense. Ever since they abandoned the books that feeling has gone away and the show feels incredible rushed.
India gh0st
Lancer
ESO: gh0st007

Post by gh0st »

^its ok, lannisters will outmicro & outplay daenerys, although they'd still lose... coz once the great @Zutazuta said, sometimes having more stuff just wins you the game.
Finland princeofkabul
Pro Player

Post by princeofkabul »

lordraphael wrote:its a disease of many series that they just dont take numbers very seriously. If i was showrunnner of a great show like Got id first get my numbers right . How many men can each house muster atm , after years of fighting, how can they be sustained etc. Once i have the numbers i can write the story accordingly so it makes a least a little bit of sense.
The problem is that they made Daenarys fucking OP. She basically landed with roughly 10 k unsullied, who are elite warriors, 100k dothraki and then got support from dorne and tyrell 2 of the 7 great houses of westeros. Altho i dont think the tyrells can field a 100 k army anymore its still more than reasonable to say that they still have like 50- 60 k. Droneprovides another 20 l ( they hadnt been fighting in any war, before season 7 ). Basically she had roughly 200- 240 k of men under her command before season 7 started.

Starks and the vale can field like 20 -40 k together, maybe a bit more considering the Vale has been untouched by the war.
The freys are gone, Riverlands is probably in turmoil, Baratheon is gone aswell.

That leaves only the lannisters with a bunch of smaller allies against the North and the South and the Lannisters are basically dead at the end of seaon 6. No gold, no troops, no allies, nothing.

This is displayed to a certain extend in the shows. The lannister armies in season 7 arent that big and kind of reasonable, I believe they only have like 20 k.The exception is obviously that 1000 ship fleet which still exists AFTER Yara escaped with the best ships of the fleet.
The thing is that while the lannister armies are reasonable they seem to have completly ignored the numbers for Daenarys, it seems the whole time like armies of equal numbers are fighting while infact the lannisters should be outnumbered by a 3 or 4 to 1 ratio, even if you dont take the dothraki into account.

This brings me back to the number 1 problem they created an unstoppable army for daenerys at the end of season 6 and now they use shit explanations / no explanations at all to make that army vanish, while infact it cannot be defeatet realistically.

Another problem is obviously that everything feels rushed. One of Got strength used to be that everything felt more or less logical and was explained that it all made sense. Ever since they abandoned the books that feeling has gone away and the show feels incredible rushed.

They should be able to wield way more than 50-60k lol, if it's said in books they had 100k available, and only 1 bannerman ally has betrayed so far. But yeah, this is war should be over in a week no matter how much more skilled generals the crown has, even retarded Daenarys should be able to win it just by pure numbers.
Germany lordraphael
Pro Player

Post by lordraphael »

princeofkabul wrote:
lordraphael wrote:its a disease of many series that they just dont take numbers very seriously. If i was showrunnner of a great show like Got id first get my numbers right . How many men can each house muster atm , after years of fighting, how can they be sustained etc. Once i have the numbers i can write the story accordingly so it makes a least a little bit of sense.

They should be able to wield way more than 50-60k lol, if it's said in books they had 100k available, and only 1 bannerman ally has betrayed so far. But yeah, this is war should be over in a week no matter how much more skilled generals the crown has, even retarded Daenarys should be able to win it just by pure numbers.

well they have also taken losses plus its hard to keep 100 k in arms for years so they wont be able to sustain 100 k atm imo. I also made a very very conservative estimation, they probably coul afford more troops, but thats irrelevant anyways, if they can only field 60 k or 100 k doesnt really matter the outcome would be the same, and yeah i also read the books :flowers:
No Flag deleted_user0
Ninja

Post by deleted_user0 »

it's not like its a standing army though, it's levy. so you don't have to sustain it for years, it's just the maximum they could muster. they have taken losses, but some time has passed too, and i don't think they have taken that many losses, so upwards of 80k would be totally acceptable. however, with some bannermen not sticking by their side, which is not weird after basically the entire family has been murdered, so their power is very shaken, i dont think its unreasonable to assume that only half their bannermen remained loyal to them, and the other half choose to go with cercei. the lannisters have taken alot of losses, but it's not just their army that had been fighting, it's also soldiers from other kingdoms. So they would probably be around 30-40k now, because they were the 2nd biggest army after the tyrells. The riverland army has been crushed and dispersed, the baratheon/dragonstone army has been destroyed, the dornish army is in tact, but it was never very big, 20k at most, all infantry as well, but probably experienced warriors from the continuous border conflicts. the 100k dothraki is ridiculuous ofcourse, and i think that number is inflated, because the way dothraki hordes work, is that they are families, so they are not all fully grown warriors ofcourse. There is no way that dragonstone can hold 100k dothraki warriors, which means like 300k horses, while dragonstone is like a barren rock island... so where are these dothtraki lol, cause she didnt want to send them into westeros, they cant stay on the ships that long, they cant be on dragonstone, so where are they? i would say denaerys has like 8-9k unsullied (not 10k because she also took losses) and maybe 20-25k dothraki warriors, the rest of that 100k are women and children. and then she has a few mercenaries with her too, probably 2k or so. The north is rekt totally, from civil war and robs foolishness, so maybe around 10k, Then there's maybe 1k wildlings. they never had that many anyway. And the vale is probably quite strong, maybe 30-40k, but well equipped fighters. iron islands and euron are kinda a mistery
No Flag deleted_user0
Ninja

Post by deleted_user0 »

princeofkabul wrote:

well, ofcourse, they actually say this in the series as well, dany knows it too, she can win the war easily by just storming kingslanding, but she doesnt want to do this.
Netherland Antilles Laurence Drake
Jaeger

Post by Laurence Drake »

everyone here is underestimating the power of plot armour
Top quality poster.
No Flag Jaeger
Jaeger

Post by Jaeger »

I really hope they don't make Sansa kill Littlefinger, that would be soooo lame.

I wonder why he's still helping her so much though.
last time i cryed was because i stood on Lego
Tuvalu gibson
Ninja
ECL Reigning Champs

Post by gibson »

ovi12 wrote:I really hope they don't make Sansa kill Littlefinger, that would be soooo lame.

hes hoping to win a trip to pound town
Turkey HUMMAN
Lancer
ESO: HUMMAN

Post by HUMMAN »

ovi12 wrote:I really hope they don't make Sansa kill Littlefinger, that would be soooo lame.

eliminate Jon marry Sansa make her queen gg wp.
Tuvalu gibson
Ninja
ECL Reigning Champs

Post by gibson »

okay episode tonight, i just cant believe they do a 7 episode season and have a 45 minute episode. Unbelievable really.
No Flag deleted_user
Ninja

Post by deleted_user »

25 min in it's pretty shit