Empires Apart is now in beta, sign up!

This is for discussions about news, politics, sports, other games, culture, philosophy etc.
Netherlands Goodspeed
Retired Contributor

Re: Empires Apart is now in beta, sign up!

Post by Goodspeed »

@gamevideo113 Do you have a good internet connection? The other day my connection was being a bitch and this seemed to glitch the engine. For example I lost 2 vills because they turned around after being hit by a boar, which they otherwise only do if you task them to something instead of right clicking.
Italy gamevideo113
Howdah
ESO: gamevideo113

Post by gamevideo113 »

I have a reasonable connection, it's not great but it should be more than enough to play AoE2 online. The issues seem to happen more often when there is a lot of lag but it's not always the case.
Basically all the community is disappointed with HD's performance and that's why pro players exclusively play on Voobly (with the exception of Escape Gaming events). The improvement that has been done by the Userpatch team is really miles ahead of what HD offers, but some issues persist in both platforms, like bad pathfinding (which on Voobly i'd say is not that bad, but still not-so-great) or deer and boar inconsistent behaviour (as the former, this issue is amplified in the HD version due to the engine being less fluid there).
Villagers turning back when luring boars is also an issue that has been reported by a large part of the community, but to me it is still unclear if that happens only when you accidentally task your villager instead of just moving them, or if it is legitimately a bug.
[Some people aspire to be pr30+, some people aspire to have fun, and some people aspire to play 3v3 Deccan.] - vividlyplain - 2019 Who (nationality) rape ?
stupid logic. noob players can say op?
toxic, Insult, Racism ?
Brazil lemmings121
Jaeger
ESO: lemmings121

Post by lemmings121 »

@gamevideo113 you have any idea when this beta will be avaiable?

@kami_ryu what went wrong with grey goo? at the time it appeared to me to be a good game, but I decided to wait a bit to buy it.. and in 2 weeks it was dead.
Germany lordraphael
Pro Player
EWTNWC LAN SilverAdvanced Division WinnerDonator 01

Post by lordraphael »

pecelot wrote:lol the deer thing is really random sometimes, Im watching theviper I know what Im talking bout aye

its really not. deer pushing works perfectly on singleplayer, but if lag is invovled it becomes extremely hard and sometimes it seems to be random.
breeze wrote: they cant even guess how much f***ing piece of stupid retarded they look they are trying to give lesson to people who are over pr35 and know the best mu. im pretty sure that we need a page that only pr30+ post and then we could have a nice discussins.
Finland tempires
Crossbow
ESO: Tempires

Post by tempires »

Goodspeed wrote:This looks bad. What's up with this thing where people refuse to play AoC instead of half-assed attempts to remake it? Do people not know it's still active? There was an epic best of 21 finals recently

who were playing in that BO21? haven't heard about any BO21 for long time
Poland pecelot
Retired Contributor
Donator 03
ESO: Pezet

Post by pecelot »

lordraphael wrote:
pecelot wrote:lol the deer thing is really random sometimes, Im watching theviper I know what Im talking bout aye

its really not. deer pushing works perfectly on singleplayer, but if lag is invovled it becomes extremely hard and sometimes it seems to be random.

Of course it works, otherwise people wouldn't be doing it, though it doesn't change the fact that sometimes they just run away randomly, which screws all of your effort entirely — just like a back-herd in AoE3, I'd imagine.
Italy gamevideo113
Howdah

Post by gamevideo113 »

lemmings121 wrote:@gamevideo113 you have any idea when this beta will be avaiable?

The people who will make it into the closed beta will put their hands on the game in August. No precise ETA yet.

lordraphael wrote:its really not. deer pushing works perfectly on singleplayer, but if lag is invovled it becomes extremely hard and sometimes it seems to be random.

The formula that makes the deer go back at some point makes it actually a random process. The deer can turn back after 0.5 seconds but it can turn back after 2 seconds, it's not a fixed time. And yeah, lag makes it worse :(

tempires wrote:who were playing in that BO21? haven't heard about any BO21 for long time

The BO21 Goodspeed is most likely referring to is the one between Viper and Jordan, which happened in 2014 but was recently casted again by T90Official.
[Some people aspire to be pr30+, some people aspire to have fun, and some people aspire to play 3v3 Deccan.] - vividlyplain - 2019 Who (nationality) rape ?
toxic, Insult, Racism ?
Finland tempires
Crossbow
ESO: Tempires

Post by tempires »

gamevideo113 wrote:The BO21 Goodspeed is most likely referring to is the one between Viper and Jordan, which happened in 2014 but was recently casted again by T90Official.

yea i thought same. Nothing new, already saw those games live in 2014
Netherland Antilles Laurence Drake
Jaeger

Post by Laurence Drake »

No game will ever be as good as AoC

Top quality poster.
Poland pecelot
Retired Contributor
Donator 03

Post by pecelot »

@Laurence Drake what is your ESO account actually
Jaeger

Post by Laurence Drake »

pecelot wrote:@Laurence Drake what is your ESO account actually

it's called H2O
Top quality poster.
Poland pecelot
Retired Contributor
Donator 03

Post by pecelot »

You should go and represent ESOC Counshil in AoC to promote our awesome superior lagless no-FTJ game :love:
Jaeger

Post by Laurence Drake »

pecelot wrote:You should go and represent ESOC Counshil in AoC to promote our awesome superior lagless no-FTJ game :love:

I will if you pay me
Top quality poster.
Poland pecelot
Retired Contributor
Donator 03

Post by pecelot »

I'm not a MS official!
Italy gamevideo113
Howdah

Post by gamevideo113 »

The first beta keys have been sent out today! Make sure to check your inbox in the next days!
toxic, Insult, Racism ?
Brazil lemmings121
Jaeger

Post by lemmings121 »

gamevideo113 wrote:The first beta keys have been sent out today! Make sure to check your inbox in the next days!

Italy gamevideo113
Howdah

Post by gamevideo113 »

lemmings121 wrote:
gamevideo113 wrote:The first beta keys have been sent out today! Make sure to check your inbox in the next days!

They come in waves of ~100, the next wave is gonna be probably on Tuesday :)
toxic, Insult, Racism ?
Poland pecelot
Retired Contributor
Donator 03

Post by pecelot »

Welp, isn't this game in an identical spot now like AoE1:HD in AoE3 after the announcement of AoE:DE? :?
Brazil lemmings121
Jaeger

Post by lemmings121 »

pecelot wrote:Welp, isn't this game in an identical spot now like AoE1:HD in AoE3 after the announcement of AoE:DE? :?

yep, i'm pretty sure

For what I have seen, they are making this game REALLY similar to aoe2, if thats really the case, I dont see how will they survive next year with aoe1 and aoe2 DE.. they need to get a bit creative.
Netherlands momuuu
Ninja
ESO: Jerom_

Post by momuuu »

If the gameplay is good and the price competitive then it might be played. But probably, also judging by the graphics, it would need to be priced at 20€ or something along those lines.
Poland pecelot
Retired Contributor
Donator 03

Post by pecelot »

Or... They may just develop it steadily and peacefully, and if AoE4 becomes a crap, which is unfortunately a quite-likely scenario, they could shine with their own independent, M$-less product! :maniac:
Italy gamevideo113
Howdah

Post by gamevideo113 »

Well, it's hard to fight a game whose announcement trailer got 3 M views on youtube in 1 day... And i also think that AoE4 will be a good game, but the devs of Empires Apart are really working hard and after getting my hands on the beta i can say i am sure it will become a fun game to play! EA is also going to be released in 3/4 months while as far as we know AoE4 might take even 2 years or more to release from now!
toxic, Insult, Racism ?
No Flag Djigit
Howdah

Post by Djigit »

Couldn't register from slitherine website... Is it closed or what? :|

"Forum login credentials are not valid"
Italy gamevideo113
Howdah

Post by gamevideo113 »

Djigit wrote:Couldn't register from slitherine website... Is it closed or what? :|

Many people have had that issue, try deleting your browser cache and then try to log in again, or try with a different browser. If it doesn't work let me know and i'll inform the publisher. You should be able to play even if you can't log into slitherine if you recieved the beta invite, as the steam code for the beta is in the mail itself.
toxic, Insult, Racism ?
No Flag Djigit
Howdah

Post by Djigit »

gamevideo113 wrote:
Djigit wrote:Couldn't register from slitherine website... Is it closed or what? :|

Many people have had that issue, try deleting your browser cache and then try to log in again, or try with a different browser. If it doesn't work let me know and i'll inform the publisher. You should be able to play even if you can't log into slitherine if you recieved the beta invite, as the steam code for the beta is in the mail itself.
Thanks for the answer. As you suggested, I tried with another browser and I still have the same problem :/
Does the password have to follow a certain pattern?