Official AoE 4 Thread

This is for discussions about news, politics, sports, other games, culture, philosophy etc.
Netherlands edeholland
ESOC Community Team
Donator 01
ESO: edeholland
GameRanger ID: 4053888
Clan: ESOC

Re: Official AoE 4 Thread

Post by edeholland »

Only update we had is that the trailer has been unlisted from YouTube: https://www.reddit.com/r/aoe4/comments/ ... r_removed/

Which is probably nothing
No Flag Radix_Lecti
Dragoon

Post by Radix_Lecti »

To add: just checked: AOE1 lobby browser 6 games on a Sunday. FailFish
Maybe that would place some context to this Youtube removal.
Netherlands edeholland
ESOC Community Team
Donator 01

Post by edeholland »

Radix_Lecti wrote:To add: just checked: AOE1 lobby browser 6 games on a Sunday. FailFish
Maybe that would place some context to this Youtube removal.

AoEDE and AoE4 are made by different developers though
Germany lordraphael
Pro Player
EWTNWC LAN SilverAdvanced Division WinnerDonator 01

Post by lordraphael »

It's over. You can go home. Aoe 4 would have been a fail anyways. But I want Aoe 3 de
breeze wrote: they cant even guess how much f***ing piece of stupid retarded they look they are trying to give lesson to people who are over pr35 and know the best mu. im pretty sure that we need a page that only pr30+ post and then we could have a nice discussins.
Turkey Gafur
Skirmisher
ESO: Gafur

Post by Gafur »

lordraphael wrote:It's over. You can go home. Aoe 4 would have been a fail anyways. But I want Aoe 3 de

[youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dQw4w9WgXcQ&app=desktop[/youtube]
mentally healthy
No Flag Radix_Lecti
Dragoon

Post by Radix_Lecti »

hmm yeah
I mean if sales were atrocious then I would no longer have this company continue the project (aoe 3 de) and thus have the video removed. I mean they must have made predictions based on historic sales and if only a handful, read 10000 people bought it, I would pull the plug on the entire project as I would not have any idea of the game or its potential etc. I would just see a line on a spreadsheet and another line in red way lower than the promised sales projections.
Netherlands Goodspeed
Retired Contributor

Post by Goodspeed »

Well large part of poor sales is that they only released on windows store. If they really want to push the windows store then they should understand that it takes more than one game to do that, and initially sales will be worse than they would be if they released on steam too. Seems silly to cancel a bunch of projects only because the way you are selling them isn't working, when you can easily change the way you're selling them.
No Flag deleted_user
Ninja

Post by deleted_user »

If Microsoft swindles me out of a new AoE, DE or 4, I'm not sure what I'll do. It will be my first broken heart.
Netherlands dietschlander
Lancer

Post by dietschlander »

it would be my fourth :(
Theres going to be a dam, the great dam and we'll let the beavers pay for it - Edeholland 2016
Anyway, nuancing isn't your forte, so I'll agree with you like I would with a 8 year old: violence is bad, don't do hard drugs and stay in school Benj98
No Flag Radix_Lecti
Dragoon

Post by Radix_Lecti »

aoe4 is coming though, just those DE maybe not. Just watched the incredibly annoying hype streams by the MS employees, argh.
Netherlands momuuu
Ninja
ESO: Jerom_

Post by momuuu »

You know what, I'm calling it. This game is going to be butchered. It's going to be a terrible cash grab, a game released way too early that upholds the outlook of aoe2 but turns out to have shallow gameplay mechanics, a severe lack of content with only a few civs released, no campaign, bugs, terrible servers with extreme launch problems. The only 'properly' functioning system in the game is going to be the loot boxes which you can buy for excessive amounts of money that simply offer a few skins for units so that your depressing gameplay can be visually cheered up.

This is the expectations I have from a company like microsoft.

After writing this, I just now realize this is exactly what age of empires online was at launch (I swear, I was just writing my honest expectations, this is not meant as a bash on aoeo). Maybe the saving grace for age of empires in today's gaming atmosphere is that it already went the route of many of the popular failures - release a game way too early with an insane lack of content while clearly being mostly build around microstransactions for (potentially pay to win) gear. I have been digging through some critical gaming channel that showcased many similair gaming failures throughout the last years that all feature some of these aspects. Also, maybe the fact that relic has had their latest RTS games 'fail' might force them to realize that the only way to make a succesful RTS game is to straight up deliver a finished product without all these shameless cash grabs.

Honest to god, I hope it turns out age of empires 4 has mostly medium gameplay, because that will mean we actually will have a new age of empires and I just love the age of empires gameplay - even a mediocre age of empires game would be a shitload of fun to me. I just pray that it won't be this big fat middle finger to all people that love games, but instead just turns out to be a medium quality game instead. Of course, that's assuming microsoft fucks up at least something - an assumption I'm willing to put a relative amount of faith in.
Italy gamevideo113
Howdah
ESO: gamevideo113

Post by gamevideo113 »

Looks like you are getting the same bug as i was getting in another thread @momuuu
Every time you write "empires" it gets replaced by "edepires", in the same fashion as "devs" was replaced by "script kiddies".
Is this an april fools or what?
EDIT: ffs i wrote de.vs (without dot)
[Some people aspire to be pr30+, some people aspire to have fun, and some people aspire to play 3v3 Deccan.] - vividlyplain - 2019 Who (nationality) rape ?
stupid logic. noob players can say op?
toxic, Insult, Racism ?
Netherlands momuuu
Ninja

Post by momuuu »

gamevideo113 wrote:Looks like you are getting the same bug as i was getting in another thread @momuuu
Every time you write "empires" it gets replaced by "edepires", in the same fashion as "script kiddies" was replaced by "script kiddies".
Is this an mitoe's birthday or what?
EDIT: ffs i wrote de.vs (without dot)

That's just aprils fools. They have a word filter that can turn any word into something else. You can just say that you'll change any mention of "skirmisher" on the forum to "dragoon" and then every thread will be confusing as hell haha. Instead, they are changing _the name of this game_ to age of edepires referring to edeholland haha. I suspect it will be switched back later haha.
No Flag Ting
Crossbow

Post by Ting »

Elaborated AOE4 survey posted on reddit. You can also see the results.

https://goo.gl/forms/PUMBp1fIWnbhzPuF3
Netherlands MCJim
Retired Contributor
ESO: MCJim

Post by MCJim »

Ting wrote:Elaborated AOE4 survey posted on reddit. You can also see the results.

Good one! Will this be showed to Microsoft?
:food: My AoE3 YouTube channel: https://www.youtube.com/c/MCJimAgeofEmpiresIII
:wood: My AoE3 Twitch channel: https://www.twitch.tv/MCJim_

:coin: Age of Streaming YouTube channel: https://www.youtube.com/c/AgeOfStreaming
Netherlands edeholland
ESOC Community Team
Donator 01

Post by edeholland »

MCJim wrote:
Ting wrote:Elaborated AOE4 survey posted on reddit. You can also see the results.

Good one! Will this be showed to Microsoft?

Microsoft isn't making AoE4, so why would you want it? As far as I know, even AoE2/DE isn't developed by MS directly, but by Skybox Labs. Maybe @tilanus knows more about this. The OP said he wants Relic to look at it though.

Btw, is there a direct link for seeing the results? I'm on mobile.
No Flag Ting
Crossbow

Post by Ting »

edeholland wrote:Btw, is there a direct link for seeing the results? I'm on mobile.

Yes, this should be it https://docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1FAIp ... wanalytics

Although you can't understand much from a phone
Sweden tabben
Lancer
EWTNWC LAN Bronze
ESO: tabben

Post by tabben »

Ting wrote:
edeholland wrote:Btw, is there a direct link for seeing the results? I'm on mobile.

Wololo

On topic, the following question was a bit disappointing (but not surprising): "What is the likelihood that you would purchase the following content for AOE4?"New Campaigns, New Civilizations, New Game Modes, New units, Cosmetic items (ie. skins).

Looks like it's going to be another pay-to-win game
No Flag Ting
Crossbow

Post by Ting »

After the DoW3 fiasco intended as a DLC/MTX fest? I don't think so, or they'd be really naive.
Netherlands momuuu
Ninja

Post by momuuu »

This isnt an official survey though.
Germany lordraphael
Pro Player
EWTNWC LAN SilverAdvanced Division WinnerDonator 01

Post by lordraphael »

Actually a pretty decent comparision
breeze wrote: they cant even guess how much f***ing piece of stupid retarded they look they are trying to give lesson to people who are over pr35 and know the best mu. im pretty sure that we need a page that only pr30+ post and then we could have a nice discussins.
Spain Snuden
Jaeger
ESO: Snuden

Post by Snuden »

tabben wrote:
Ting wrote:

Wololo

On topic, the following question was a bit disappointing (but not surprising): "What is the likelihood that you would purchase the following content for AOE4?"New Campaigns, New Civilizations, New Game Modes, New units, Cosmetic items (ie. skins).

Looks like it's going to be another pay-to-win game

x666 to the moon!
[Sith] - Baphomet
No Flag Omkar_Satapathy
Dragoon

Post by Omkar_Satapathy »

Would love to see Aoe4 covering all ages like Rise of Nations but with features from company heroes like true sight, weather, cover etc. Please Sega.....
No Flag Djigit
Howdah

Post by Djigit »

Omkar_Satapathy wrote:Would love to see Aoe4 covering all ages like Rise of Nations but with features from company heroes like true sight, weather, cover etc. Please Sega.....
I truly like this suggestion. However, I'd still prefer the develop a new Rise of Nations instead of mixing them up.
No Flag Omkar_Satapathy
Dragoon

Post by Omkar_Satapathy »

Djigit wrote:
Omkar_Satapathy wrote:Would love to see Aoe4 covering all ages like Rise of Nations but with features from company heroes like true sight, weather, cover etc. Please Sega.....
I truly like this suggestion. However, I'd still prefer the develop a new Rise of Nations instead of mixing them up.

Rise of nation's had some problems. Wonders common to all civilization made no sense. While it proved it's graphics by more diverse units for each civilization, it still lacked the taste. AI is too dumb to spam units at you, there was no walls, unlimited resources, hardcoded modding limits to civs and units, terrible terrain textures and few other things. I hope they won't repeat it in future games. Also demanding so many definitive editions is not reasonable. They already promised aoe4 and 2 definitive editions for Aoe2 and Aoe3, but no news on development, I sometimes doubt if they liked us. Let them finish AOEs first. Asking them to do Rise of Nations as well sounds unreasonable.