The Germans are pissed off again....

This is for discussions about news, politics, sports, other games, culture, philosophy etc.
No Flag TheArtofWars
Crossbow

Re: The Germans are pissed off again....

Post by TheArtofWars »

I've never been to Germany so how do I know if the media is lying or not?
I guess I'll take my chances? naw man lol... Europe has been scaring me with the frequent terror attacks also I just think it's dangerous overall and not improving which is sad. Just because you and everyone you know are not subscribing to extremism doesn't mean thousands of others are not.
Russia yurashic
Howdah
ESO: Yurashic

Post by yurashic »

News suck, don't watch those.
No Flag deleted_user
Ninja

Post by deleted_user »

when i get drunk i dont turn into a nazi fyi
No Flag TheArtofWars
Crossbow

Post by TheArtofWars »

yurashic wrote:News suck, don't watch those.

I had a college professor tell me Fox news was pure entertainment and Europe sees it as a joke. I then asked him... where do I get my news? He couldn't answer so maybe you can answer that for me. Where can I find non biased news?
No Flag kami_ryu
Retired Contributor

Post by kami_ryu »

-- deleted post --

Reason: on request (off-topic bulk delete)
Germany Lukas_L99
Pro Player
Donator 01
ESO: Lukas_L99

Post by Lukas_L99 »

TheArtofWars wrote:I've never been to Germany so how do I know if the media is lying or not?
I guess I'll take my chances? naw man lol... Europe has been scaring me with the frequent terror attacks also I just think it's dangerous overall and not improving which is sad. Just because you and everyone you know are not subscribing to extremism doesn't mean thousands of others are not.

I'm assuming you're from the US. If that's true it's kinda hilarious that you're afraid to go Europe cause you think it's dangerous.
Ever looked up the statistics about how much more likely it is to be murdered in the USA than in Europe?

And people still aren't afraid to go to the US (rightfully so).
No Flag deleted_user0
Ninja

Post by deleted_user0 »

Laurence Drake wrote:
CelticCrusader wrote:I would be personally more worried about the undocumented immigrants the country has let in. Over a million isn't it ?

thank god for brexit, now those brown people won't be coming anywhere near our shores. let's say 'allahu akbar' to that! :!: :pop:

Thanks to brexit the pound is so low now all these immigrants can afford to come legally.
No Flag TheArtofWars
Crossbow

Post by TheArtofWars »

Lukas_L99 wrote:
TheArtofWars wrote:I've never been to Germany so how do I know if the media is lying or not?

I'm assuming you're from the US. If that's true it's kinda hilarious that you're afraid to go Europe cause you think it's dangerous.
Ever looked up the statistics about how much more likely it is to be murdered in the USA than in Europe?

And people still aren't afraid to go to the US (rightfully so).

Calling me an American is really offensive. I'm a proud Canadian! I just find it wierd that if I criticize Islam a little bit I get a lot of pushback.
Germany supernapoleon
Lancer
ESO: Supernapoleon

Post by supernapoleon »

I actually thought Canadians weren't as dumb as Americans... well you proved that i was wrong
"I'M SOOOOOO GOOD AT THE GAME"
Hazza wrote: "I mad u win cos u get carried all game and have to lame every game"
European Union Asateo
Dragoon
ESO: Asateo

Post by Asateo »

TheArtofWars wrote:Calling me an American is really offensive. I'm a proud Canadian! I just find it wierd that if I criticize Islam a little bit I get a lot of pushback.

Critizing Islam is a gross simplification.
In christianity, Roman Catholic/Protestant movements would never be blamed for Jehova's witnesses parols/acts, or even the whole RC church doesn't get stigmatized for Opus Dei believes.
You see, it's such an overstatement. The moment you speak about "the islam", a lot of people 'zone out'. Your premise is already wrong, so everything build upon that statement will be faulty as well.
Sufism for example is also a 'stream' in Islam, and none are greater advocates of religious tolerance.
To see a world in a grain of saind, A heaven in a wild flower
Hold infinity in the palm of you hand, And eternity in an hour
- William Blake, Auguries of Innocence
No Flag TheArtofWars
Crossbow

Post by TheArtofWars »

supernapoleon wrote:I actually thought Canadians weren't as dumb as Americans... well you proved that i was wrong

Who are you? You don't even know what i'm saying... I thought you were smart but I guess you're a retard. You guys are reaching for an argument that doesn't exist for me... I Never said Islam was bad as a whole you dumbasses

My main point was that it doesn't take much for a lot of people to defend Islam like sheep when they are slightly criticized.
Germany Lukas_L99
Pro Player
Donator 01

Post by Lukas_L99 »

TheArtofWars wrote:Calling me an American is really offensive. I'm a proud Canadian! I just find it wierd that if I criticize Islam a little bit I get a lot of pushback.

Calling Europe unsafe = Criticizing Islam? What?

Where have you been criticizing Islam? You just said you were afraid to go to Europe cause it was not safe anymore, which is BS.
No Flag TheArtofWars
Crossbow

Post by TheArtofWars »

Lukas_L99 wrote:
TheArtofWars wrote:
Show hidden quotes

Calling me an American is really offensive. I'm a proud Canadian! I just find it wierd that if I criticize Islam a little bit I get a lot of pushback.

Calling Europe unsafe = Criticizing Islam? What?

You and a few others wanted to start some shit over nothing and I could really give a fuck less about what you wrote because I already hate your guts.
Germany Lukas_L99
Pro Player
Donator 01

Post by Lukas_L99 »

TheArtofWars wrote:You and a few others wanted to start some shit over nothing and I could really give a fuck less about what you wrote because I already hate your guts.

You basically said Europe is unsafe which is pure bullshit. That's the only point I'm making.
European Union Theodore
Skirmisher

Post by Theodore »

Let's not turn this into a discussion about religion (again).

If it is about whether the IV. Reich is about to begin: We do not have any evidence that this is happening. The most successful right-wing-party is polling at ~10% and meanwhile they party support anti-democratic views they will not start WW III. If you want an overview over Russia Today (RT): http://archives.cjr.org/feature/what_is ... _today.php As there are general election in Germany on 24 September, RT is expected to try to stir things up in Germany. There is a big Russian community living in Germany and Moscow tries to influence them via special media channels. A recent example was the made-up story of a girl with Russian roots allegedly raped by Arab immigrants ("Lisa-Case"). Russia will try to interfere in the German elections like they did in the US.
No Flag TheArtofWars
Crossbow

Post by TheArtofWars »

Lukas_L99 wrote:
TheArtofWars wrote:You and a few others wanted to start some shit over nothing and I could really give a fuck less about what you wrote because I already hate your guts.

You basically said Europe is unsafe which is pure bullshit. That's the only point I'm making.

Concerns don't = facts. You have any logic in your brain?

If you want to start a discussion the maybe don't start it off by calling the other person an "idiot" u fucking moron. I think less of you than the shit I just took and If I hear about your death I will be much happier. So gtfo.... Like is this how you communicate with people you disagree with or think you disagree with? fuck off.

YOu idiots think I'm saying ALL OF THEM ARE LIKE THIS? fuck off

User was warned for this post
Germany Lukas_L99
Pro Player
Donator 01

Post by Lukas_L99 »

TheArtofWars wrote:
If you want to start a discussion the maybe don't start it off by calling the other person an "idiot" u fucking moron. I think less of you than the shit I just took and If I hear about your death I will be much happier. So gtfo.... Like is this how you communicate with people you disagree with or think you disagree with? fuck off.

Oh where did I start off by calling the other person an idiot? Quote me please.

So this is how you communicate with people you disagree with or think you disagree with? Fuck off :>
European Union Theodore
Skirmisher

Post by Theodore »

At least the Canadian Government recommends exercising "normal security precautions": https://travel.gc.ca/destinations/germany
This is the same recommendation as for the US and less than for China, where they recommend exercising "a high degree of caution".
European Union Theodore
Skirmisher

Post by Theodore »

Lukas_L99 wrote:
TheArtofWars wrote:

Oh where did I start off by calling the other person an idiot? Quote me please.

So this is how you communicate with people you disagree with or think you disagree with? Fuck off :>

No Flag deleted_user0
Ninja

Post by deleted_user0 »

TheArtofWars wrote:
Lukas_L99 wrote:

I hate you so I won't listen to anything reasonable you have to say because I hate you. :uglylol: :maniac: :ugly:
Vietnam duckzilla
Jaeger

Post by duckzilla »

To stay on topic:
Even though the 'right-wing' party AfD is polling at 10% sometimes, it is useful to notice that they usually drop in approval when they become too racist in their wording. You could interpret this as them lacking a real right-extremist base in the population. The party still seems to be largely a protest party which steals votes from the Linke ('left-wing' party). These votes do not really fit into the left-right scheme of standard politics as they are purely against 'anything the political class does'.
Whatever is written above: this is no financial advice.

Beati pauperes spiritu.
European Union Asateo
Dragoon
ESO: Asateo

Post by Asateo »

TheArtofWars wrote:My main point was that it doesn't take much for a lot of people to defend Islam like sheep when they are slightly criticized.

The reason for this is that behind criticizing islam, often there is a very uncomfortable view of the world. Closed, turned on it's own as better. So it is not islam that is being defended rather the stranger, the one who has no voice at the table (how many muslims are on this site?).
To see a world in a grain of saind, A heaven in a wild flower
Hold infinity in the palm of you hand, And eternity in an hour
- William Blake, Auguries of Innocence
Netherland Antilles Laurence Drake
Jaeger

Post by Laurence Drake »

no worries, frau merkel will keep us safe from the nazi terror
Top quality poster.
India Harsha
Musketeer
ESO: adhoc

Post by Harsha »

Whenever I go on reading posts in a thread like this,consciousness starts draining out of my brain and I start losing track of what makes sense and what doesn't.It's like stepping into a dark cave filled with oblivion.Wondering how I am still sane enough to write this post?Callen's posts helped keep my sanity.Thanks Cal.
Netherland Antilles Laurence Drake
Jaeger

Post by Laurence Drake »

phpBB [video]
Top quality poster.