ESOC Fitness Thread

This is for discussions about news, politics, sports, other games, culture, philosophy etc.
United States of America evilcheadar
Gendarme

Re: ESOC Fitness Thread

Post by evilcheadar »

BrookG wrote:Meh, gains take so much time. I plan to go today for chest and back.
Do some hook training
A post not made is a post given away

A slushie a day keeps the refill thread at bay

Jackson Pollock was the best poster to ever to post on these forums
Greece BrookG
Retired Contributor
ESO: BrookG

Post by BrookG »

I already have a working out plan. I don't think it works if you randomly pick one and then change whenever you're bored.
Correlation doesn't mean causation.
http://www.tylervigen.com/spurious-correlations

"mr.brookg go buy jeans and goto the club with somppuli" - Princeofkabul, July 2018
Gendarme

Post by evilcheadar »

BrookG wrote:I already have a working out plan. I don't think it works if you randomly pick one and then change whenever you're bored.
As long as you're straining the muscles you good

Greece BrookG
Retired Contributor

Post by BrookG »

evilcheadar wrote:
BrookG wrote:I already have a working out plan. I don't think it works if you randomly pick one and then change whenever you're bored.
That is a faulty view. Firstly, you need to find an activity that you do pleasantly. That can be lifting in the gym, crossfit, cycling, running, swimming, etc. And then you need a proper technique. With wrong technique, you will train neither effectively nor efficiently. At the same time, you need a goal. If it's too vague, like "getting abs" or "losing weight", it will be harder to focus on. I suggest to opt for something trackable. Lose a certain amount of kilos, reach a certain body fat ratio, be able to lift some amount of kilos and so on. You can discuss those goals and see whether they are achievable and adapt. As long as, you stay focussed on that goal, soon systematic exercising and proper dieting will become a habit. This goal mentality can be extended to all kinds of skill learning. Having a healthier and stronger body is nothing more than a skill.

"mr.brookg go buy jeans and goto the club with somppuli" - Princeofkabul, July 2018
Gendarme

Post by evilcheadar »

BrookG wrote:
evilcheadar wrote:
That is a faulty view. Firstly, you need to find an activity that you do pleasantly. That can be lifting in the gym, crossfit, cycling, running, swimming, etc. And then you need a proper technique. With wrong technique, you will train neither effectively nor efficiently. At the same time, you need a goal. If it's too vague, like "getting abs" or "losing weight", it will be harder to focus on. I suggest to opt for something trackable. Lose a certain amount of kilos, reach a certain body fat ratio, be able to lift some amount of kilos and so on. You can discuss those goals and see whether they are achievable and adapt. As long as, you stay focussed on that goal, soon systematic exercising and proper dieting will become a habit. This goal mentality can be extended to all kinds of skill learning. Having a healthier and stronger body is nothing more than a skill.
we should armwrestle

Great Britain I_HaRRiiSoN_I
Retired Contributor

Post by I_HaRRiiSoN_I »

BrookG wrote:
evilcheadar wrote:
I hereby rename you as Brook-the-G, absolutely Godly advice from the G himself.
France iNcog
Ninja

Post by iNcog »

-- deleted post --

Reason: on request (off-topic bulk delete)
YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/incog_aoe
Garja wrote:
20 Mar 2020, 21:46
I just hope DE is not going to implement all of the EP changes. Right now it is a big clusterfuck.
Greece BrookG
Retired Contributor

Post by BrookG »

iNcog wrote:
BrookG wrote:
Show hidden quotes
Ah, the discrepancy between the quality of cheddar's shitpost and yours which is full of knowledge and good advice.
teaching comes with lots of patience

Gendarme

Post by evilcheadar »

iNcog wrote:
BrookG wrote:
Show hidden quotes
Ah, the discrepancy between the quality of cheddar's shitpost and yours which is full of knowledge and good advice.
I have got great advice. I have gotten a lot stronger with my methods trust me.

Gendarme

Post by evilcheadar »

Bought a hand grip dynamometer on amazon. Registered 168lbs today.

France iNcog
Ninja

Post by iNcog »

-- deleted post --

Garja wrote:
I just hope DE is not going to implement all of the EP changes. Right now it is a big clusterfuck.
Gendarme

Post by evilcheadar »

iNcog wrote:
BrookG wrote:
Show hidden quotes
How would you know what constitutes good advice you said you just go for jogs.

France iNcog
Ninja

Post by iNcog »

-- deleted post --

Garja wrote:
Gendarme

Post by evilcheadar »

iNcog wrote:
evilcheadar wrote:
Show hidden quotes
How would you know what constitutes good advice you said you just go for jogs.
I never said that I have good advice, I said that that is what I do.
You judged my bit of advice as bad

France iNcog
Ninja

Post by iNcog »

-- deleted post --

Garja wrote:
Gendarme

Post by evilcheadar »

iNcog wrote:
evilcheadar wrote:
Show hidden quotes
You judged my bit of advice as bad
Well yeah. Your advice is probably garbage.
Probably not tbh. I’ve done decent at pretty much any physical activity I focus on.

France iNcog
Ninja

Post by iNcog »

-- deleted post --

Garja wrote:
Gendarme

Post by evilcheadar »

iNcog wrote:
evilcheadar wrote:
Show hidden quotes
Probably not tbh. I’ve done decent at pretty much any physical activity I focus on.
Possibly. Probably even. But how does that make your "advice", which was not even a full line, any good? You just told people to strain the muscles, then you didn't elaborate or build upon that. It's so comically short and incomplete that it kills any credibility you may have had. Hence me calling it garbage.
People already know that eating junk food will not help them lose weight. I didn’t bother putting that in the post in order to save time. Cardio is overrated for weight loss imo and if you’re heavy enough doing it you can mess up your joints (some cardio is good for ye but if you are really overweight I’d recommend seated bike cardio where your weight isn’t crushing your frame with each step but I assume most people browsing this forum are more skinny fat nerd aoe players so I didn’t bother talking about cardio in my original advice). You really just need to strain the muscle so hypertrophy occurs and hopefully increases your basal metabolic rate such that you can lean out. Just strain the muscles tbh

France iNcog
Ninja

Post by iNcog »

-- deleted post --

Garja wrote:
Gendarme

Post by evilcheadar »

For Incog I would recommend straining mental muscles

France iNcog
Ninja

Post by iNcog »

-- deleted post --

Garja wrote:
Gendarme

Post by evilcheadar »

iNcog wrote:well I'm not gonna do that interacting with you lol
Ye rite

Italy gamevideo113
Howdah
ESO: gamevideo113

Post by gamevideo113 »

I've just discovered the turkish get-up. That excercise is so cool!
[Some people aspire to be pr30+, some people aspire to have fun, and some people aspire to play 3v3 Deccan.] - vividlyplain - 2019 Who (nationality) rape ?
stupid logic. noob players can say op?
toxic, Insult, Racism ?
No Flag fightinfrenchman
Ninja
Donator 04

Post by fightinfrenchman »

I have once again gone to the gym after a week of being lazy.
Dromedary Scone Mix is not Alone Mix
Gendarme

Post by evilcheadar »

BrookG wrote:
evilcheadar wrote:
Ain’t faulty