ESOC Fitness Thread

This is for discussions about news, politics, sports, other games, culture, philosophy etc.
France iNcog
Ninja

Re: ESOC Fitness Thread

Post by iNcog »

-- deleted post --

Reason: on request (off-topic bulk delete)
YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/incog_aoe
Garja wrote:
20 Mar 2020, 21:46
I just hope DE is not going to implement all of the EP changes. Right now it is a big clusterfuck.
Great Britain chris1089
Retired Contributor
ESO: chris1089

Post by chris1089 »

So I've been running a couple weeks now since I restarted, but my shoes are worn out. I'm not sure I really understand what's going on with my wear, so could someone explain it to me?

@vardar I've been trying to run slowly though it's quite hard, but it's been more enjoyable and I've felt less stress on my body.
Attachments
15935952052336316268575819399851.jpg
United States of America vardar
Lancer
ESO: VardarB98/DemonDeacs

Post by vardar »

How long have you had the shoes for? They do look a bit worn. Shoes can be pretty important. You don’t need the latest, most expensive model but it’s important to get a sturdy pair that feel good for you.

Running slower is the smartest thing you can do, honestly. Especially getting back into things. You should never be breathing hard on a run, and if that means you have to run slower (or basically speed walk) that is completely fine. No shame in that. As soon as you start pressing, ie faster more intense running, that’s where things get a bit messy. Don’t go by how fast you’re running (most people have a gps watch to check km or mile pace) but go off of how you feel. Paces are so arbitrary and for most runners just trying to stay healthy and active it’s simply not needed.

I run 90-100 miles a week but much of it is very controlled, comfortable running. That is where the money is at. @chris1089
c0ns!
Great Britain Horsemen
Jaeger

Post by Horsemen »

lol
No Flag deleted_user
Ninja

Post by deleted_user »

vardar casually running 1/3 the average vehicular miles put on every year.
France iNcog
Ninja

Post by iNcog »

-- deleted post --

Garja wrote:
I just hope DE is not going to implement all of the EP changes. Right now it is a big clusterfuck.
Great Britain Horsemen
Jaeger

Post by Horsemen »

iNcog wrote:how many marathons is 90 miles?
more than 1
United States of America n0el
ESOC Business Team
ESO: jezabob
Clan: 팀 하우스

Post by n0el »

iNcog wrote:how many marathons is 90 miles?
Little less than 3 and a half
mad cuz bad
Lancer

Post by vardar »

I’m running high 70’s right now getting back into a solid training block after a couple week break. Here is last weeks log:

M - 9/4
T - 10
W - 10
Th - 8/4
F- 10
S - 9
S - 13

Monday and Thursday were double days, so AM run and then PM run. Usually my sunday runs will be 18-20 miles, but for now we are building things back up. When you get up to ~80 miles or more a week you are pretty much doubling 6 days a week with a long run on Sunday.
c0ns!
India rsy
Jaeger
Donator 01

Post by rsy »

vardar wrote:I’m running high 70’s right now getting back into a solid training block after a couple week break. Here is last weeks log:

M - 9/4
T - 10
W - 10
Th - 8/4
F- 10
S - 9
S - 13

Monday and Thursday were double days, so AM run and then PM run. Usually my sunday runs will be 18-20 miles, but for now we are building things back up. When you get up to ~80 miles or more a week you are pretty much doubling 6 days a week with a long run on Sunday.
That is incredibly super duper impressive dude
Lancer

Post by vardar »

Want to be really good at something you have to do it a lot, and consistently. The craziest of people are the professional triathletes, those guys and girls are insane man
c0ns!
France iNcog
Ninja

Post by iNcog »

-- deleted post --

Garja wrote:
Lancer

Post by vardar »

Some people do take a day off but it’s honestly quite hard to get higher mileage with a day off. Saturday’s are usually the easiest days, where I’ll go an easy 9 or sometimes an easy AM 9 miles and then another PM 4. It’s actually to the point where if I take a day off, I feel worse haha

Running is so much genetics too. My body just recovers so fast now. I’d probably recommend many runners to take a day off. Just stretch and go for a walk or something light. Maybe a short bike ride.
c0ns!
Lancer

Post by vardar »

@iNcog the altitude really helps as well. Guessing you’re at around 5000ft, which is real solid
c0ns!
Greece BrookG
Retired Contributor
ESO: BrookG

Post by BrookG »

vardar wrote:Some people do take a day off but it’s honestly quite hard to get higher mileage with a day off. Saturday’s are usually the easiest days, where I’ll go an easy 9 or sometimes an easy AM 9 miles and then another PM 4. It’s actually to the point where if I take a day off, I feel worse haha

Running is so much genetics too. My body just recovers so fast now. I’d probably recommend many runners to take a day off. Just stretch and go for a walk or something light. Maybe a short bike ride.
Not certain about genetics. You probably trained your body so that it recovers relatively fast
Correlation doesn't mean causation.
http://www.tylervigen.com/spurious-correlations

"mr.brookg go buy jeans and goto the club with somppuli" - Princeofkabul, July 2018
France iNcog
Ninja

Post by iNcog »

-- deleted post --

Garja wrote:
No Flag fightinfrenchman
Ninja
Donator 04

Post by fightinfrenchman »

@vardar Whereabouts do you live
Dromedary Scone Mix is not Alone Mix
Lancer

Post by vardar »

BrookG wrote:
vardar wrote:Some people do take a day off but it’s honestly quite hard to get higher mileage with a day off. Saturday’s are usually the easiest days, where I’ll go an easy 9 or sometimes an easy AM 9 miles and then another PM 4. It’s actually to the point where if I take a day off, I feel worse haha

Not certain about genetics. You probably trained your body so that it recovers relatively fast
Nono a lot has to do with genetics. Not saying it’s reasoning for not working hard, but genetics, in running, play a huge role. There are those who simply won’t compete at a higher level or be able to train at a higher level. Not saying you should never try, but there are def limiting factors.

The cool thing is that you can’t quantify or identify your level of talent. Only thing you can do is train your butt off to see what the limits are. But there are limits for people, look at any pro runner or athlete. They have abilities and bodies that most people could never have, regardless of how hard they train. Some call it unfair, I don’t think it is. Life is all about difference and different hands we're dealt, especially in regards to athletic ability in any sport.

I will never be a good 800m or 1500m guy, I realize that. My body is not made for that sort of race, at a high level. No matter how hard I train specifically for those events. I know my talents are in the 10k, half and full marathon.

Another example: I could take a year off running and simply jump back in and do way better than someone who has been training consistently for years.

I know guys that could take a year off, jump back in, and run way better than I ever would with consistent training. I have friends who are 1:45 800m runners, 3:55 milers, 13:20 5kers, etc etc. They are naturally gifted in this area and train very hard to run very very fast.
c0ns!
Lancer

Post by vardar »

fightinfrenchman wrote:@vardar Whereabouts do you live
I’m in Colorado Springs when I’m not at university. It’s no Lancaster but it’s a good place :blush:
c0ns!
No Flag fightinfrenchman
Ninja
Donator 04

vardar wrote:
fightinfrenchman wrote:@vardar Whereabouts do you live
I’m in Colorado Springs when I’m not at university. It’s no Lancaster but it’s a good place :blush:
I just can't imagine running that much when it's 95 degrees with 50% humidity lol
France iNcog
Ninja

Post by iNcog »

-- deleted post --

Garja wrote:
Great Britain Horsemen
Jaeger

Post by Horsemen »

iNcog wrote:thankfully CO has dry heat
thankfully this post is gay
France iNcog
Ninja

Post by iNcog »

-- deleted post --

Garja wrote:
Lancer

Post by vardar »

Lol^^^

Yea it’s totally different here. Winters are really nice too. I had all online classes last winter so I could stay here and train actually ahha Iowa winters are brutal and it’s either sidewalks around campus or treadmills. Both options are terrible.

I do 90% of my runs on soft surfaces, which helps with staying healthy
c0ns!
No Flag fightinfrenchman
Ninja
Donator 04

Hahaha why am I making dumb excuses for being unhealthy. I used to be able to run several miles at a time in the summer