Las Vegas Mass Shooting Thread

This is for discussions about news, politics, sports, other games, culture, philosophy etc.
No Flag kami_ryu
Retired Contributor

Re: Las Vegas Mass Shooting Thread

Post by kami_ryu »

-- deleted post --

Reason: on request (off-topic bulk delete)
New Zealand zoom
Gendarme
ESO: Funnu

Post by zoom »

Hunting is a sport, as fucked up kids as that is.
Nauru Dolan
Ninja

Post by Dolan »

kami_ryu wrote:How can you advocate people needing to hunt in the first place? Civilians hunting in our modern age makes no sense. We don't need to hunt to survive anymore, so realistically it should be outlawed anyway.

Also I disagree that anyone should need a vehicle with over 100 bhp. Why would they need to? Higher power vehicles lead to more road-rage, people driving fast. It just drives their ego. If you're a race car driver, you can get a permit, go through the paperwork and tests, and eventually be allowed to use a race car in particular race tracks reserved for racing. Why else would you need a nice car? Why shouldn't you be allowed to own your own F1 car to drive around on public streets?

[spoiler]Queue the senseless mental gymnastics that will make cars and firearms somehow different. They aren't. They're recreational. They're not necessary. They're dangerous to people who operate them and those around them.[/spoiler]

But isn't this already the case? You can't drive an F1 car on public streets. And cars aren't made specifically to kill.

Does this mean you'd agree that sarin gas shouldn't be banned and civilians should be free to own and use sarin gas recreationally? It's not the gubbermint's business what they want to kill with it anyway.
United States of America n0el
ESOC Business Team
ESO: jezabob
Clan: 팀 하우스

Post by n0el »

dontRushme wrote:
frostibite wrote:It's okay.

We will take care of this mess by kneeling during the national anthem.

haha man I totally agree. Such bullshit the NFL has been pulling I Have no respect for that at all.
@frostbite I totally agree with everything you have said! RIght on man these european fruitloops don't know shit. USA USA USA :smile:

Stop, you are making Americans look like morons.
mad cuz bad
United States of America sc
Dragoon
ESO: _ZOMBIE_

Post by sc »

n0el wrote:
dontRushme wrote:
frostibite wrote:It's okay.

We will take care of this mess by kneeling during the national anthem.

haha man I totally agree. Such bullshit the NFL has been pulling I Have no respect for that at all.
@frostbite I totally agree with everything you have said! RIght on man these european fruitloops don't know shit. USA USA USA :smile:

Stop, you are making Americans look like morons.

99% sure he isn't American
VIRTZN and CM1993 are my friends and they never cheat. everyone should add them. kappa
France Kaiserklein
Pro Player
GameRanger ID: 5529322

Post by Kaiserklein »

Honestly USA is just a country built on selfishness. It's the basis of their economic and social model. Yes it is freedom, but freedom pushed to its limits is just called being selfish. The same goes for guns, americans are ready to sacrifice more lives, by letting more or less anyone access guns, so that they can feel safe as individuals, because hey, if someone tries to shoot me I'll shoot him first, I'm a freaking cow-boy dude.
LoOk_tOm wrote:I have something in particular against Kaisar (GERMANY NOOB mercenary LAMME FOREVER) And the other people (noobs) like suck kaiser ... just this ..
France Kaiserklein
Pro Player
GameRanger ID: 5529322

Post by Kaiserklein »

Gendarme wrote:I, and probably most others, do not consider you the one to choose what is and is not a fact. If you wish to have a discussion and argue, which I know you generally like to do and which I also appreciate, stating that you are right and the other part is wrong achieves nothing constructive and you probably know that. On the topic of guns, I am in favor of the right to bear firearms and my view on the matter has been summarized in this post which you are very welcome to reply to. I understand how frustrating it can be to have people disagreeing with opinions which you are passionate about, if nothing else for the fact that disagreeing is what I apparently specialize in. But for the sake of discussion please try to be constructive.

Dude, I don't make the facts, I'm only trying to help you spotting them. Just check the stats and tell me that USA is a safer country with guns.
LoOk_tOm wrote:I have something in particular against Kaisar (GERMANY NOOB mercenary LAMME FOREVER) And the other people (noobs) like suck kaiser ... just this ..
New Zealand zoom
Gendarme

Post by zoom »

Kaiserklein wrote:Honestly USA is just a country built on selfishness. It's the basis of their economic and social model. Yes it is freedom, but freedom pushed to its limits is just called being selfish. The same goes for guns, americans are ready to sacrifice more lives, by letting more or less anyone access guns, so that they can feel safe as individuals, because hey, if someone tries to shoot me I'll shoot him first, I'm a freaking cow-boy dude.
Basically, it's Goodspeed in a nutshell.
No Flag deleted_user0
Ninja

Post by deleted_user0 »

kami_ryu wrote:How can you advocate people needing to hunt in the first place? Civilians hunting in our modern age makes no sense. We don't need to hunt to survive anymore, so realistically it should be outlawed anyway.

Also I disagree that anyone should need a vehicle with over 100 bhp. Why would they need to? Higher power vehicles lead to more road-rage, people driving fast. It just drives their ego. If you're a race car driver, you can get a permit, go through the paperwork and tests, and eventually be allowed to use a race car in particular race tracks reserved for racing. Why else would you need a nice car? Why shouldn't you be allowed to own your own F1 car to drive around on public streets?

[spoiler]Queue the senseless mental gymnastics that will make cars and firearms somehow different. They aren't. They're recreational. They're not necessary. They're dangerous to people who operate them and those around them.[/spoiler]

i dont think youre actually allowed to drive around with f1 cars, as they dont meet safety regulations.
New Zealand JakeyBoyTH
Howdah
ESO: Ex-Contributor

Post by JakeyBoyTH »

zoom wrote:
zoom wrote:
Show hidden quotes
4. ez. 5. can't believe i forgot "ez!"

User has been warned for this post. Enough is enough! Stop spamming these shitposts! The community team has said the same thing for multiple times already!
It might be spam but it's no shitpost. For one thing, there is no such thing. For another, what the fuck are you trying to say when you use the term?

I hope you have a piece of comfortable furniture nearby cause u need to take a seat.

rekt by comm team confirmed.
Advanced Wonders suck

- Aizamk

Ugh Advanced Wonders suck

- Aizamk
China fei123456
Jaeger
ESO: fei123456

Post by fei123456 »

as a chinese i can't understand why don't you ban guns.
New Zealand zoom
Gendarme

Post by zoom »

fei123456 wrote:as a chinese i can't understand why don't you ban guns.
Because they aren't Chinese. That's the problem!
China fei123456
Jaeger

Post by fei123456 »

there're always phychos here and there, but without a machine gun they can't kill so many people.

that killer shoots from 300 meters away in the evening, so even if you have a pistol/rifle you can't shoot back at all. you can't locate the killer in that situation.
guns can't protect people, they just make big massacres possible.
China fei123456
Jaeger

Post by fei123456 »

InsectPoison wrote:You can not blame this massacre on gun control because the guns this person had access to were all illegal and were most likely purchased on the black market not at your local gun store, get the facts right before blabbering on about your agenda.

but if there're so many "legal" guns here and there, it won't be difficult to get an "illegal" gun.
United States of America sc
Dragoon
ESO: _ZOMBIE_

Post by sc »

ITT: bunch of foreigners trying to disarm Americans so they can invade :hmm:
VIRTZN and CM1993 are my friends and they never cheat. everyone should add them. kappa
ESOC Business Team

Post by n0el »

I think it has been quite eye opening to the "well if someone in the crowd had a gun, they could have taken out the shooter" crowd that it isn't always that way. I know several people who are Vegas are coming around to more reasonable gun control and common sense type things that before were totally wacked out.
mad cuz bad
No Flag kami_ryu
Retired Contributor

Post by kami_ryu »

-- deleted post --

Reason: on request (off-topic bulk delete)
Singapore milku3459
Howdah
ESO: milku3459

Post by milku3459 »

I think Vegas was a case where neither the 2nd Amendment nor gun control helped much.
If every single person in the crowd was armed with pistols or even rifles, I doubt they could have located the shooter's vantage point and nailed him.
The shooter was using an automatic weapon, probably illegally owned since Americans have had to go through miles of legislation to get full auto weapons for decades. Either he bought it off the black market or illegally modified a semi-auto to become auto. Paddock was breaking lots of laws--he had/modified a weapon to be fully automatic, he broke a window, he murdered 50 people, wounded 400 others...all these things are illegal, yet he still managed to commit the worst mass shooting in US history. I don't think more legislation is going to help; the man is a deranged criminal. Breaking the law is what he does and making more won't help.
Dolan's point about botulism and sarin gas is obviously invalid because such agents are impossible to target accurately and therefore can't be used in self-defense. Think about it, would you rather have a .45 in the holster or a spray can of sarin? You can kill your assailiant or take him down five minutes after you die.
No Flag deleted_user0
Ninja

Post by deleted_user0 »

kami_ryu wrote:
umeu wrote:

i dont think youre actually allowed to drive around with f1 cars, as they dont meet safety regulations.

The analogy is the Porsche (guns) to F1 (sarin gas).

But yeah. that's the point.

F1 cars would not be sarin gas. Maybe a bazooka. Because tank is a tank in either category. And the f1 is not a tank

Porsche would definitely be semi automatic.

Most cars would be bb guns.

Anyway, im in favor of no regulations at all. Ppl can take care of themselves.
United States of America XeeleeFlower
Retired Contributor
Xeelee Patron

Post by XeeleeFlower »

Here are some photos of the victims : http://www.cnn.com/2017/10/02/us/las-ve ... index.html

Fuck, I just can't even. I'm sorry if I've derailed the thread.

I just want you all to know that even though we all don't really know each other, I see this community as a family of sorts. You all, with all your unique personalities, mean a lot to me. Thank you for being here and for sharing parts of yourself. Thank you for your intelligence, thank you for your banter, thank you for the insights, thanks for everything.
Time is wise and our wounds seem to heal to the rhythm of aging,
But our past is a ghost fading out that at night it’s still haunting.

http://www.galactanet.com/oneoff/theegg_mod.html
ESOC Business Team

Post by n0el »

umeu wrote:Anyway, im in favor of no regulations at all. Ppl can take care of themselves.

always knew you were a lejend
mad cuz bad
Nauru Dolan
Ninja

Post by Dolan »

@kami_ryu, @milku3459

K, well, that wasn't the point though. The point was that these things are specifically made to kill, there's no other particular usage for them. Guns are not made for recreational use, cmon. When you target practice, you target practice to improve your aim. But what particular situation are you practising for? What's the end goal of using a gunpowder weapon? Just shooting up stuff? You could do that with an airgun, you don't need lethal chemicals to be shot with your bullets. You could shoot rock salt bullets, right? That's recreational. Why do you need lethal bullets? What other particular purpose do lethal bullets serve, other than specifically maiming or killing a living organism?

But let's get real here, no self-respecting American would buy rock salt shotguns, because they're not life-threatening weapons, so Americans couldn't use them to shoot to kill or threaten to kill for real. They would be considered too soft guns to deliver 'the message'. Because that's what it's about.

You could adapt botulism or sarin gas to be delivered "safely" to specific targets. And anyway, this wasn't specifically about these bio/chemical weapons, it was about weapons that are banned, because they don't make sense either for civilian use or military use. You can think of another better example of such weapons, if you want. And to your point, it is possible to adapt an F1 car for driving on public roads with a couple of modifications, that would limit its emissions, its noise, add proper lights and driver safety fixtures. Much the same, people using sarin gas "recreationally" for hunting could wear gas masks, special suits etc, to avoid getting poisoned themselves, while using the substance on other unprotected life forms.
New Zealand JakeyBoyTH
Howdah

Post by JakeyBoyTH »

Dolan wrote:@kami_ryu, @milku3459

K, well, that wasn't the point though. The point was that these things are specifically made to kill, there's no other particular usage for them. Guns are not made for recreational use, cmon. When you target practice, you target practice to improve your aim. But what particular situation are you practising for? What's the end goal of using a gunpowder weapon? Just shooting up stuff? You could do that with an airgun, you don't need lethal chemicals to be shot with your bullets. You could shoot rock salt bullets, right? That's recreational. Why do you need lethal bullets? What other particular purpose do lethal bullets serve, other than specifically maiming or killing a living organism?

But let's get real here, no self-respecting American would buy rock salt shotguns, because they're not life-threatening weapons, so they couldn't use them to shoot to kill or threaten to kill for real. They would be considered too soft guns to deliver 'the message'. Because that's what it's about.

You could adapt botulism or sarin gas to be delivered "safely" to specific targets. And anyway, this wasn't specifically about these bio/chemical weapons, it was about weapons that are banned, because they don't make sense either for civilian use or military use. You can think of another better example of such weapons, if you want. And to your point, it is possible to adapt an F1 car for driving on public roads with a couple of modifications, that would limit its emissions, its noise, add proper lights and driver safety fixtures. Much the same, people using sarin gas "recreationally" for hunting could wear gas masks, special suits etc, to avoid getting poisoned themselves, while using the substance on other unprotected life forms.

You try killing Deer or a Pig with an airgun. i don't want to eat a pig thats had botulism. TF. Just have a proper licence system for guns like any normal country.
Advanced Wonders suck

- Aizamk

- Aizamk
Nauru Dolan
Ninja

Post by Dolan »

There are other chemicals you could hunt with, such as tranquillisers.

But anyway, there are lots of countries in Europe, where you can get a gun license as a hunter, which comes with lots of tests, paperwork and other people vouching for you. And even then, you're only allowed to hunt in specifically enclosed areas during hunting season. So, yeah, there are lots of countries which do have a proper licencing system for using guns recreationally.

Why would civilians walking around in a city need to carry firearms on them?
New Zealand JakeyBoyTH
Howdah

Post by JakeyBoyTH »

Dolan wrote:There are other chemicals you could hunt with, such as tranquillisers.

But anyway, there are lots of countries in Europe, where you can get a gun license as a hunter, which comes with lots of tests, paperwork and other people vouching for you. And even then, you're only allowed to hunt in specifically enclosed areas during hunting season. So, yeah, there are lots of countries which do have a proper licencing system for using guns recreationally.

When I shoot the pig I don't want it to wake up, ever. It's more humane to use a rifle. It takes a lot of tranq to get one lol then you need to catch it. New Zealand has a proper licensing system. You need a police check and a family member plus an unrelated adult to vouch for you. Gun violence is only a small problem in New Zealand and usually it is through illegal means. NZ has quite a lot of guns per population but its just not a problem here as in the US because of proper licensing. I plan to get a licence soon myself for my gun.
Advanced Wonders suck

- Aizamk

- Aizamk