EU4 Multiplayer Campaign – New Dawn of the Cradle

This is for discussions about news, politics, sports, other games, culture, philosophy etc.
Germany lordraphael
Pro Player
EWTNWC LAN SilverAdvanced Division WinnerDonator 01

Re: EU4 Multiplayer Campaign – New Dawn of the Cradle

Post by lordraphael »

just watched an AI only timeline with cradle of civ active. Seems like mameluke are the new ottoman, which is kinda wrong. Otto was OP before but now the role just seems to be reversed, what I wanted was the mams not to be a walkover for the ottoman, but not the ottoman to be walkover for the mams
breeze wrote: they cant even guess how much f***ing piece of stupid retarded they look they are trying to give lesson to people who are over pr35 and know the best mu. im pretty sure that we need a page that only pr30+ post and then we could have a nice discussins.
Great Britain hleung
Retired Contributor
ESO: hleung / cll (DE)

Post by hleung »

lordraphael wrote:just watched an AI only timeline with cradle of civ active. Seems like mameluke are the new ottoman, which is kinda wrong. Otto was OP before but now the role just seems to be reversed, what I wanted was the mams not to be a walkover for the ottoman, but not the ottoman to be walkover for the mams

It really depends. I have also seen the Ottomans trashing the Mamelukes and other European powers as usual in DDRBlind's stream. Here's the link: https://www.twitch.tv/videos/200401934 (be warned though, it was a five-hour EU4 stream). So imo, the Ottomans have a harder time trashing the others, but the chance of getting partitioned is 50/50. :chinese:
Great Britain hleung
Retired Contributor

Post by hleung »

Another rather important update for the upcoming EU4 campaign. As you may be aware of the recent discussion (if you are on that MP group discord server) regarding region selection, while there is a desperate need of making more regions available as more players are signing up, some regions have been considered "unviable" or "broken" in this campaign for various reasons. For the two players whose regions have been removed, I sincerely apologise for the inconvenience and potential disruption, and I hope both of you would sign up again and play in another region instead.

As I have already mentioned, the following new regions have been made available: Non-Ottoman Anatolia, Burma, Indochina, Malaya and Indonesia; while Maghreb, Italy, Mashriq and Coromandel regions have been removed from the list. If you would like to move around a bit, please feel free to do so before the deadline, as two players have been affected by the changes directly anyway. The link to the new sign-up list is down below.

And as I am aware of, if you are playing as a nation in South(east) Asia, Ming would probably come knocking on your door asking you to become one of its tributary states, or that you ask to become its tributary state for some extra protection. But no, this is not going to be an available option unless you share the border with Ming on land - other than that, no, you cannot be its tributary. But if your country is a tributary state of Ming from the start but does not share borders with Ming, then you have to cancel it.

Alright. That's about it for the announcement. Here's the link to the new sign-up sheet:
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/ ... edit#gid=0

If you have any questions or feedback, please feel free to send me a pm or just leave a comment under #general (on discord). I will for sure go through everything when I have the time to do so.

Anyway, have a nice day, take care and see you on Sunday. Cheers and cheerio!
Great Britain hleung
Retired Contributor

Post by hleung »

musketeer925 wrote:This gonna be streamed?

Well, with a total of 19 players signed up for the grand campaign, it is safe to say that I will be streaming it in first person, unless I forget to click on "Start Streaming", or my computer and/or the network suddenly blow... :hmm:

Anyway, the stream should be starting on time every Sunday at ~1900 GMT (except for Christmas and New Year holidays) in this channel: https://www.twitch.tv/cll_hleung. Please feel free to come along and watch how I get rekt by better players. :P
Germany lordraphael
Pro Player

Post by lordraphael »

i signed up. time to rek some @Mr_Bramboy
breeze wrote: they cant even guess how much f***ing piece of stupid retarded they look they are trying to give lesson to people who are over pr35 and know the best mu. im pretty sure that we need a page that only pr30+ post and then we could have a nice discussins.
Great Britain hleung
Retired Contributor

Post by hleung »

lordraphael wrote:i signed up. time to rek some @Mr_Bramboy

well technically I wasn't expecting someone to sign up after all slots have been filled, but we can always make an extra slot per region for more players to sign up. I mean, why not. There's much more fun when more thunderdomes exist at the same time anyway! :P
Poland pecelot
Retired Contributor
Donator 03
ESO: Pezet

Post by pecelot »

Woow

Poland stronk
Great Britain hleung
Retired Contributor

Post by hleung »

pecelot wrote:Woow

Poland stronk

holy shitpost :hmm:
Germany lordraphael
Pro Player

Post by lordraphael »

pecelot wrote:Woow

Poland stronk

they are strong until they are dead ( which happens every game :P )
Poland pecelot
Retired Contributor
Donator 03
ESO: Pezet

Post by pecelot »

if you kill people, they are dead. It's true!
Great Britain hleung
Retired Contributor

Post by hleung »

musketeer925 wrote:This gonna be streamed?

It was a great session. Unfortunately I cannot stream it as my computer kind of blows somehow, although I have done it before - just don't know why... :hmm:

But anyway, the cradle of thunderdomes is going to continue next week. @Mr_Bramboy Please feel free to join us again - someone took over Timmy though, but you can probably pick another nation. :chinese:

pecelot wrote:if you kill people, they are dead. It's true!

:hmm:
Great Britain hleung
Retired Contributor

Post by hleung »

Well I might just do the AAR here as well, just to make things a bit more interesting.

After the east has been burning for almost 40 years, here comes the latest report from the orient.

[spoiler=In the Far East]Lan Xang had been partitioned by Ayutthaya and Lan Na, while Brunei had unified Borneo. Pasai was also feeling the burn at the end of the session, when Malacca came knocking for further conquests, but Ayutthaya had been on a killing spree and Malacca was under attack on both fronts. The situation did not look too well, but will Malacca survive the incursion of Ayutthaya with the help from his neighbour and good friend Brunei? Meanwhile, Ava seemed to have slipped through the radar and expanded quietly...[/spoiler]
[spoiler=Meanwhile in India]The Indian Thunderdome always has its own charm, and any slight changes could potentially affect the order in the entire eastern world. So what happened? Looking at the map, Sind had been on a rampage in northwestern India. Bahmanis expanded by a large margin - in fact Bahmanis had been on a killing spree as well. It became the dominating power in Southern India. Delhi was allied with Bahmanis and had been expanding to the west and the north into Khorasan and Central Asia. Jaunpur on the other hand was being sandwiched from all three sides - it was literally hugged by a giant hugbox desperately waiting for help and means to expand. Mewar and Bengal were originally strategic allies with Jaunpur, but since Mewar dropped off in mid-game and Bengal did not show up at all - and so the plan crumbled and fell apart, but that did not stop Jaunpur from forming alliances of convenience. A major war broke out between Bahmanis and Vijayanagar where Jaunpur joined the latter. The war lasted for over ten years, with rebels devastating the homeland of all three countries at some point during the war. Vijayanagar went down all guns blazing, and Jaunpur was given an opportunity to live for another session.[/spoiler]
[spoiler=In the Middle East]Timurids had a terrible start. Vassals, one after another, declared independence. However the empire did not fall - in fact there had been a miraculous struggle for survival by the Timurids where the empire lived and expanded! To the west, Qara Qoyunlu had eliminated Aq Quyunlu. Wars were fought between the great powers, but aside from Mamlukean rampage in Arabia and the awkwardly-contained Ottomans, the Middle East had been more or less the same familiar world.[/spoiler]
[spoiler=In Central Asia and the Pontic Steppe]Uzbek and the Great Horde had been rapidly expanding, while Crimea, Nogai and Kazan did not have the luck to survive the first session. But there was something intriguing going on in the Steppes - rumour said that there was an ongoing civil war. What changes is the world going to face in the next session?[/spoiler]
[spoiler=And finally in the Horn of Africa]Ajuuraan expanded very quietly. Is the East African country going to be strong enough to influence the world in later stages of the game?[/spoiler]

But no matter what happened, it was still a great session and an enjoyable evening. :flowers:

P.S.: As an extra, I have uploaded some screenshots: https://imgur.com/a/kZwTE ^_^
Netherlands Mr_Bramboy
Retired Contributor
Donator 01
ESO: [VOC] Bram

Post by Mr_Bramboy »

How the hell did the timurids survive ??
Great Britain hleung
Retired Contributor

Post by hleung »

Mr_Bramboy wrote:How the hell did the timurids survive ??

Not sure how - I was busy with a coalition war against Bahmanis and didn't pay much attention to the Middle East. What I know is Timmy was forced to release its subjects in the war, but that kind of allowed Timmy to expand into Persia. Small nations in Persia were partitioned by Timmy and QQ, and a new Timmy was born in that way. ^_^
Great Britain hleung
Retired Contributor

Post by hleung »

Well I know both players from ESOC got knocked out already, but I will add in at least the AAR of the second session. And if no one on ESOC apart from me is coming to the next session, then I will probably stop posting the AARs in this thread. Anyway, without further ado, here's the AAR.

To say the least, the second session was quite enjoyable. In the year of our Lord 1525, the world continued to burn, and the flames were still spreading.

[spoiler=In the Far East]To the north, the horde of Uzbek conquered the frozen steppes, from Manchuria in the east to the Siberian forests in the west. Still bending its knees to Ming, is Uzbek seeking to unify the remaining territories of the northern steppes before it goes on a warpath against Ming and claim the Mandate?

At the same time, in Southeast Asia, Ayutthaya and Shan (former Aya) became the dominating powers in Indochina, while Malacca and Brunei continued to take over the rest of Malaya and Indonesia. Brunei also began to colonise nearby territories and spawned colonialism. While it might not be a co-op campaign for Malacca and Brunei, would the two countries continued to grow slowly but steadily without being intervened by the outside world?[/spoiler]
[spoiler=Meanwhile in the Indian Thunderdome]The stormy weather just continued to enjoy its privilege to stay. Bahmanis, Delhi and Jaunpur all went to war, but the fates for all three countries were entirely different. With Jaunpur letting go of the alliance with Vijayanagar, Bahmanis continued to unify southern India; while in exchange letting Jaunpur take the wealthiest land from Bengal. Meanwhile, Delhi was being occupied by the affairs between Chagatai and Ming. However, this wasn't the end of the story.

After Delhi had recovered from the awkward Chinese invasion, Delhi and Bahmanis launched an attack against Jaunpur while the latter was still occupied by the war against Bengal, in which the Malaccan player, against all diplomatic manners, suddenly joined the side of Bengal perhaps to take revenge against the host for declining his request to make a tactical pause just for him without any appropriate reasons. Fighting a war on three fronts, Jaunpur soon signed a peace treaty with Bengal, taking the wealthiest land under temporary control of the former. The Timurids, on the side of Jaunpur, soon called for white peace, and Jaunpur's situation also began to look grim as time passed. Nonetheless, Delhi was forced to sign an armistice of five years with Jaunpur as most of its land had fallen to the latter with great help from its allies.

The situation in Jaunpur did not get any better however. Bankruptcy soon followed as Jaunpur attempted to raise more mercenaries to fight against the southern incursion. It was just not enough and most of Jaunpur's land had been occupied, looted, and devastated by Bahmanis. In an unstable and overextended country with extremely high war exhaustion and the riches of Hindustan being devastated by war, rebellions and internal conflicts became frequent, devastating the nation even further. A humiliating treaty was signed with Bahmanis, ceding territories to the latter as well as to Delhi. Jaunpur, now without an army, was also forced to accept the demands of different rebel factions, including returning the provinces to Bengal, ihoping for a quicker recovery process. Delhi, taking the opportunity, conquered the rich territories to its south and grew even stronger. Another war seemed very likely as both Delhi and Bahmanis had sworn to take over the land they had claims on, and Jaunpur still failed to break free from the box created by the unholy alliance between the three most powerful neighbours. Will the countries to the east and west realise the potential threat from Delhi and Bahmanis and stand together against the latter two and keep Jaunpur from getting partitioned? Or will the other countries turn a blind eye on and regret their poor decision afterwards in many separate wars against two extremely powerful Indian nations?[/spoiler]
[spoiler=In Central Asia and the Middle East]Transoxiana had been expanding. Fragmentation became a common theme. Timurids imploded again. The fate of the Timurids had not been a good one so far, but let us hoe it would get back together at some point. Qara Qoyunlu also imploded and fell apart. Independent countries now scattered across the area. If they could get back together somehow, they could defend against invasions from the east or the west. Time is running out however, and so will they stand or fall ultimately? It is going to be an intriguing story to tell.[/spoiler]
[spoiler=In the Pontic Steppe]In the Pontic Steppe, Crimea had been brought back to life, while Genoa expanded a bit. However, the Great Horde had been facing internal conflicts while being partitioned by both Muscovy and Transoxiana. Will the Great Horde survive and become great or even golden again? There is still a chance, however slim it could be.[/spoiler]
[spoiler=In the Balkans and Anatolia]The Ottomans had been feeling the burn of being contained by neighbouring countries - in fact it lost quite a few provinces to its neighbours in the last four decades of wars. On the other hand, Byzantium became bigger and better. Will the Ottomans bend their knees to Byzantium, or will the situation change dramatically and force Byzantium to submit to the rightful rule again?[/spoiler]
[spoiler=In Arabia and Africa]Down in the south, we saw constant expansion by the Mamelukes as all other nations failed to stand together as one and contain the former. Further down the south, the Rassids, Adal and Ajuuraan had been expanding relatively peacefully. Will the Mamelukes come knocking on their doorsteps at some point, or will they, being thirsty for war and glory, turn on each other and let the Mamelukes put down their misery once and for all? Will any nations wake up and form a coalition against the Mamelukean threat, just as they should against Delhi and Bahmanis?[/spoiler]
Anyway, it was a great session and an enjoyable Sunday evening. Have a nice week. :flowers:

P.S.: As an extra, I have uploaded some screenshots again: https://imgur.com/a/y303G ^_^

P.P.S.: @lordraphael if you would like to join the campaign again as another nation, please feel free to do so, and just post it in this thread or send me a pm. :chinese: