Fashion: Suspenders

This is for discussions about news, politics, sports, other games, culture, philosophy etc.

How should suspenders be worn?

Strictly as an undergarment!
67%
Show them off!
33%

Total votes: 9

United States of America site
Lancer
Donator 01
ESO: site

Fashion: Suspenders

Post by site »

To the best of my knowledge, suspenders were widely considered to be strictly an undergarment up until the early 20th century.

Those of you who keep up with the fashion scene, what are your thoughts? I've attached a photo of myself, sporting suspenders as a fashion statement, as opposed to merely a tool to keep my pants up.
Attachments
20171116_205828.jpg
France benj89
Howdah

Re: Fashion: Suspenders

Post by benj89 »

suspenders: I consider these only acceptable for my badass grandfather and Gordon Gekko
pink bow tie: please don't unless you're about to march at the gay pride
glasses: could do better

but then again I don't keep up with the fashion scene
"Prestige is like a powerful magnet that warps even your beliefs about what you enjoy. If you want to make ambitious people waste their time on errands, bait the hook with prestige." - Paul Graham
Sweden Gendarme
Gendarme
Donator 03
ESO: Gendarme

Post by Gendarme »

I think you'd look better without suspenders. I think pink bowtie is great; I wear pink shirts quite often. Glasses look great too.
Pay more attention to detail.
Spain Snuden
Jaeger
ESO: Snuden

Post by Snuden »

Suspenders can look great on naked women, placed so the suspender straps covers their nipples.

Re the picture, it is far from my style but I will admit it looks good on you.
[Sith] - Baphomet
France benj89
Howdah

Post by benj89 »

Gendarme wrote:I think you'd look better without suspenders. I think pink bowtie is great; I wear pink shirts quite often. Glasses look great too.

There is a difference between a pink bowtie and a pink shirt.
First, I wouldn’t wear a bow tie unless it’s for a party/wedding/special event. If for some reason I would, pink would be the last color I’d choose and black the first.
Second, pink shirts are fine but that’s about it, arguably pink shorts for summer but would have to be a pastel/salmon type pink. No pink sweater, belt, shoes, pants or anything else. Similarly, turquoise/purple dress shirts are synonym to poor taste to me, worse would probably be those « dress » shirts with black linings.

I actually met a guy once whose social media pic was at a wedding with a pink bowtie and who wore those dress shirts described above that shouldn't exist.
"Prestige is like a powerful magnet that warps even your beliefs about what you enjoy. If you want to make ambitious people waste their time on errands, bait the hook with prestige." - Paul Graham