ESOC Crypto Corner

This is for discussions about news, politics, sports, other games, culture, philosophy etc.
Sweden Gendarme
Gendarme
Donator 03
ESO: Gendarme

Re: ESOC Crypto Corner

Post by Gendarme »

"Nothing in all the world is more dangerous than sincere ignorance and conscientious stupidity." - Martin Luther King
Pay more attention to detail.
Norway spanky4ever
Gendarme
iwillspankyou

Post by spanky4ever »

Gendarme wrote:"Nothing in all the world is more dangerous than sincere ignorance and conscientious stupidity." - Martin Luther King

nice "quote" and nice guy you got if from, Salute to you :P
not sure what to take from it though :biggrin: :biggrin: :biggrin: :biggrin: Or what this has to do with anything that I said :!:
Hippocrits are the worst of animals. I love elifants.
No Flag deleted_user
Ninja

Post by deleted_user »

mussels
Spain Snuden
Jaeger
ESO: Snuden

Post by Snuden »

iwillspankyou wrote:
Gendarme wrote:"Nothing in all the world is more dangerous than sincere ignorance and conscientious stupidity." - Martin Luther King

not sure what to take from it though :biggrin: :biggrin: :biggrin: :biggrin: Or what this has to do with anything that I said :!:

:hmm:
[Sith] - Baphomet
Norway spanky4ever
Gendarme
iwillspankyou

Post by spanky4ever »

Snuden wrote:
iwillspankyou wrote:

lol, is that your answer :P I think you are allowed to make a proper answer, and I would like you to give us some ;)
1. the crypoes are for the little guys like you and me- and that is why we should embrace it :biggrin:
2. Big corp are getting very interesting, and they are investing, so BIG Coprs and Big Banks are making money?

Hmmm :uglylol: :uglylol: :uglylol:

Do you c any problems here?
Hippocrits are the worst of animals. I love elifants.
Spain Snuden
Jaeger

Post by Snuden »

Waking up to a green day.
Will this unsustainable bubble ever crash?
[Sith] - Baphomet
Spain Snuden
Jaeger

Post by Snuden »

iwillspankyou wrote:
Snuden wrote:
Show hidden quotes

lol, is that your answer :P I think you are allowed to make a proper answer, and I would like you to give us some ;)
1. the crypoes are for the little guys like you and me- and that is why we should embrace it :biggrin:
2. Big corp are getting very interesting, and they are investing, so BIG Coprs and Big Banks are making money?

Hmmm :uglylol: :uglylol: :uglylol:

Do you c any problems here?

1. No.
2. Yes.

No problemos here.
[Sith] - Baphomet
Netherlands Goodspeed
Retired Contributor

Post by Goodspeed »

@spanky4ever
Capitalism sucks and all that, but can we not make everything about that?
Investing in crypto is not a giant "fuck you" to the banks. Banks aren't going anywhere. It's an investment, a way to try to make money. In all, a very capitalistic thing to do. Alas, the system provides little choice but to participate.
Spain Snuden
Jaeger

Post by Snuden »

It's just Spanky going totally lol and seemingly not able to understand what fuels progress (to a large extent)

She want the average Joe to profit, but not the big corporations even though the fundaMENTALs behind it is the same. As usual, when trying to explain this to her, she replies with even more word salad - incomprehensible to most people.

Maybe she forgot how she is able to afford such a mindset?
[Sith] - Baphomet
Netherlands Veni_Vidi_Vici_W
Lancer
ESO: ramex19

Post by Veni_Vidi_Vici_W »

The form of capitalism we see around us now is far from true capitalism. Markets are not free and open at all, just look at advantages of the multinationals in ways of loans, subsidies, favorable regulations, etc.

I dont think real capitalism would be bad. I doubt though we ever achieve that.

The idea of cryptos is good, decentralization most of all. However, while I hope it will succeed and perhaps it can with enough support worldwide, I doubt it will work out as we all hope. As GS said, banks dont go anywhere, in fact they are mixed in the crypto world already, also working on their own blockchain based currency. Unfortunately it is probably a matter of time until some global crypto from the central banks is forced upon us. Then, we have lost total control because of something 'we' invented (who actually ;)) which we hoped would give us more control rather than less.
Age Of Empires 3 Videos - GamePlay, Commentary & Tutorials: http://www.youtube.com/venividiviciw
Age Of Empires 3 Live Stream - http://www.twitch.tv/venividivici_w
Sweden Gendarme
Gendarme
Donator 03

Post by Gendarme »

Well said, Veni. Though I disagree with central bank-crypto being inevitably "forced upon us". If the development of cryptos and the infrastructure of the internet itself progress sufficiently, decentralization may very well be available to anyone who wishes to participate. Whether the general public will participate or not is hard to answer, but widespread adoption is not necessarily important (cash works well even if only 5% of the population uses it). Cryptocurrencies are much more than just Bitcoin.

Let me present my shitty poem (hey, at least it rhymes!) to you again:

The first who the concealment's blanket received

And who at avoiding death could succeed

We shall seek out and next his work follow

For it is crucial for the better tomorrow

His work though not new is unknown to the little

And curiously enough all began with a riddle
Spain Snuden
Jaeger

Post by Snuden »

Will we see $10,000 BTC today?
[Sith] - Baphomet
Spain Snuden
Jaeger

Post by Snuden »

XeeleeFlower wrote:If you haven't jumped on Stellar yet:

https://www.cryptorecorder.com/2018/05/ ... -bitfinex/
http://technewsleader.com/2018/04/30/he ... hot-today/

Please note: I am not advocating investing your life savings, but if you're already into crypto and/or wish to invest in something, Stellar is looking good.

[Sith] - Baphomet
Netherlands Goodspeed
Retired Contributor

Post by Goodspeed »

Btw @Gendarme how did the ZCL thing go?
Sweden Gendarme
Gendarme
Donator 03

Post by Gendarme »

It went well to begin with, but I had miscalculated and expected > 200% gains so I didn't sell at +100% lmao. I was new, greedy, and yeah, miscalculated. Turns out the whole project was shady as fuck too, and still is in fact, which is actually the real reason it all went to hell for us poor unsuspecting investors. At least I am not at a loss despite the insane dump, and I honestly consider myself very lucky for not having being punished hard by my mistakes and naïveté. However, I am still riding it to see where it takes me. I've been involved with this every single day since I first started, and it is honestly quite complicated right now; I can't go over it in too much detail.

In general I am currently considering the options I have in crypto and trying to figure out which path I want to take. I have so much I need to read and learn, and also so many different things I am interested in. The amount of shit I have learned since I started out in mid-January is honestly mind-blowing.
Netherlands Veni_Vidi_Vici_W
Lancer
ESO: ramex19

Post by Veni_Vidi_Vici_W »

@Gendarme, interesting poem
Well said, Veni. Though I disagree with central bank-crypto being inevitably "forced upon us". If the development of cryptos and the infrastructure of the internet itself progress sufficiently, decentralization may very well be available to anyone who wishes to participate. Whether the general public will participate or not is hard to answer, but widespread adoption is not necessarily important (cash works well even if only 5% of the population uses it). Cryptocurrencies are much more than just Bitcoin.

Well see about what global or world currency we will have in 10 years or so ;)
If the development of cryptos and the infrastructure of the internet itself progress sufficiently, decentralization may very well be available to anyone who wishes to participate

Perhaps, I sure hope so, but i remain skeptical. You do realize who has control over the internet and internet hubs in the end also, right?

Sure cryptos are more than just BTC or ETH, the underling infrastructure and technology is very promising yes. Including thinks we cant think of yet, similar to the internet back then.
Age Of Empires 3 Videos - GamePlay, Commentary & Tutorials: http://www.youtube.com/venividiviciw
Age Of Empires 3 Live Stream - http://www.twitch.tv/venividivici_w
Spain Snuden
Jaeger

Post by Snuden »

Rad.
[Sith] - Baphomet
No Flag stronk
Skirmisher

Post by stronk »

I use this one as well
give that guy a manual
Spain Snuden
Jaeger

Post by Snuden »

stronk wrote:I use this one as well

How many coins does it support?
[Sith] - Baphomet
No Flag stronk
Skirmisher

Post by stronk »

Snuden wrote:
stronk wrote:I use this one as well

How many coins does it support?

Last time I checked it was 3 I think
give that guy a manual
Sweden Gendarme
Gendarme
Donator 03

Post by Gendarme »

Australia bans large cash payments

Australia’s Liberal Party government has announced that it will soon be illegal to purchase anything over $10,000 AU ($7,500 US) with cash. The government says it’s, “encouraging the transition to a digital society,” and cracking down on tax evasion.

[...]

The ban starts on July 1, 2019 and any payment over $10,000 will have to be made by check or credit/debit card. The government will enforce the measure by allocating roughly $300 million for what it calls the Black Economy Standing Taskforce.

[...]

Roughly 37 percent of all commercial transactions in Australia are made using cash. That number is just 32 percent in the U.S. and 15 percent in Sweden. Many Swedes are angry about its slow move to a cashless society, arguing that going completely digital causes security concerns.

[...]

Today it’s any sum over $10,000 in Australia, but anyone with their eyes open can see where this is going. We should expect governments to move away from cash over the next decade, just as currency anarchists continue to insist that cryptocurrencies like Bitcoin and Ethereum are the real future.

Researchers in the 1970s predicted that a widespread debit card system would be the perfect surveillance tool. And they weren’t exactly wrong. What they didn’t predict was what happens when a completely digital economy gets hacked. Equifax’s recent loss of so much personal data on virtually half of all Americans could feel like just a prelude to many more snafus to come.
Bhutan jgals
Lancer
ESO: OstiferButthole

Post by jgals »

hoping for a nice uptrend to continue tonight/tomorow. If it does we could be on the road to another boom! I hope. Then again technically speaking if it breaks down below where it was at a week ago it could just be a dead cat bounce. Numbers ive seen are unclear on how hard the regulation hit total crypto use
Sweden Gendarme
Gendarme
Donator 03

Post by Gendarme »

Canada Jam
Jaeger
ESO: Hyperactive Jam

Post by Jam »