Locking posts because someone disagrees.

This is for discussions about news, politics, sports, other games, culture, philosophy etc.
United States of America vardar
Lancer
ESO: VardarB98/DemonDeacs

Re: Locking posts because someone disagrees.

Post by vardar »

umeu wrote:
vardar wrote:@deleted_user nah, I thought we can express views here? Apparently not all because they dont fit some people's perfect mold of what is right

you actually can discuss your views and you do it all the time, until you cross certain boundaries explicitly mentioned that you shouldnt cross. you know this. you refuse to keep to it. which is fine, but atleast be a grown up about it and don't whine when you face the consequences. which are mild in any case anyway.

I cross boundaries? I refuse to keep them?

What are you talking about? xD
c0ns!
No Flag deleted_user0
Ninja

Post by deleted_user0 »

vardar wrote:
umeu wrote:
vardar wrote:@deleted_user nah, I thought we can express views here? Apparently not all because they dont fit some people's perfect mold of what is right

you actually can discuss your views and you do it all the time, until you cross certain boundaries explicitly mentioned that you shouldnt cross. you know this. you refuse to keep to it. which is fine, but atleast be a grown up about it and don't whine when you face the consequences. which are mild in any case anyway.

I cross boundaries? I refuse to keep them?

What are you talking about? xD

Im using the general you. My post was aimed at the op. You responded because you apparantly feel addressed. If it doesnt apply to you, then dont respond.
Canada Jam
Jaeger
ESO: Hyperactive Jam

Post by Jam »

chequemate repubilicans
Wales CelticCrusader
Dragoon
ESO: CelticCrusader

Post by CelticCrusader »

n0el wrote:@CelticCrusader you seem old enough for this to be relevant...

http://www.newsweek.com/london-attack-i ... ism-573629

do you hate all Irish people for being terrorists in the later part of the 20th century? Oppose any Irish immigration to England? Refuse your children to interact or learn Irish traditions?

No I do not hate all Irish people. I never stated that I hated all muslims either. I know some muslims, and they came here worked hard and respect our traditions. What I dislike is their religion and its practices. We have a huge problem with many muslims that dont respect our ways of life here. The word of allah is what they live by , not British law. Many of the Islamic schools have been exposed as to be teaching extremism to children as young as 5 here.

https://www.thesun.co.uk/news/1988145/muslim-islamic-school-that-taught-pupils-gay-men-should-be-killed-shut-down-after-pupil-exposed-its-extremist-beliefs/

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-1356361/Shame-Britains-Muslim-schools-Secret-filming-shows-pupils-beaten.html

Just a few articles. Plenty more. Do people who defend islam condone these practices ?
No Flag deleted_user0
Ninja

Post by deleted_user0 »

CelticCrusader wrote:

do you hate all Irish people for being terrorists in the later part of the 20th century? Oppose any Irish immigration to England? Refuse your children to interact or learn Irish traditions?

No I do not hate all Irish people. I never stated that I hated all muslims either. I know some muslims, and they came here worked hard and respect our traditions. What I dislike is their religion and its practices. We have a huge problem with many muslims that dont respect our ways of life here. The word of allah is what they live by , not British law. Many of the Islamic schools have been exposed as to be teaching extremism to children as young as 5 here.

https://www.thesun.co.uk/news/1988145/muslim-islamic-school-that-taught-pupils-gay-men-should-be-killed-shut-down-after-pupil-exposed-its-extremist-beliefs/

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-1356361/Shame-Britains-Muslim-schools-Secret-filming-shows-pupils-beaten.html

Just a few articles. Plenty more. Do people who defend islam condone these practices ?

We also have a huge problem with people who aren't native ESOCIANS. they have migrated here in the past few years. And they don't respect ESOC laws. Instead they spread bigotry and discriminate. Do you condone these actions? If not, What do you propose we do!?
Wales CelticCrusader
Dragoon

Post by CelticCrusader »

thomasgreen6 wrote:
CelticCrusader wrote:
Show hidden quotes

Have you been hiding in a cave for the last few years ? Who did all the recent attacks except for one? Muslim fanatics attacking children and innocent people. We never had this in the 90s before Blair.

In the last 18 years there have been 5 Muslim related terroist attacks according to my rough reading of Wikipedia. Here is an article and graph (from the online version of the Telegraph newspaper) detailing the number of people killed by terroist attacks in each of the 4 countries of the UK since 1970.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/0/many- ... ttacks-uk/

It appears that the number of people killed and possibly even the number of attacks has fallen drmatically since the 70s and 80s.

Well when you are including all the violence from Northern Ireland well the stats will look like that. What you are ignoring is that islamic terror is on the rise in direct correlation with mass muslim migration. As the muslim population increases so will the number of attacks. We are also seeing many more crimes on the increase like acid attacks, which originate in Bangladeshi community and now gangs have started using it. You are simply ignoring a very real problem by using pointless stats which include the war in Northern Ireland.
Wales CelticCrusader
Dragoon

Post by CelticCrusader »

umeu wrote:
CelticCrusader wrote:

We also have a huge problem with people who aren't native ESOCIANS. they have migrated here in the past few years. And they don't respect ESOC laws. Instead they spread bigotry and discriminate. Do you condone these actions? If not, What do you propose we do!?

Spread bigotry ? I thought this section was here to discuss real life issues. It is fine to criticize a religion for their barbaric practices. I am not a bigot for disagreeing with islamic practices , because the other option is to condone them. Another buzzword their ' bigot' . Another word that is used when you disagree with someone.
Netherlands momuuu
Ninja
ESO: Jerom_

Post by momuuu »

deleted_user wrote:It's like to browse these forums I have to turn off part of my brain. In every other thread is some incredulously idiotic or reactionary post which all aim to do little more than incite animus in its readers. I understand one should not suscept to trolls and that it's really, personally, not too difficult to avoid but damn navigating this mental minefield is just not fun.

Thats what esoc is and seemingly intends to be. If you dont like it just dont read it.
Nauru Dolan
Ninja

Post by Dolan »

It's also possible that due to your history and favourable geographic position you're unable to understand why some people reject mass immigration from areas that once used to plunder our territories and tried to conquer them for religious reasons. Bear in mind that many of them still hold the same medieval beliefs their recent predecessor held when they were fighting for conquering Europe in the name of their god.

Erdogan - 1998 wrote:"The mosques are our barracks, the domes our helmets, the minarets our bayonets and the faithful our soldiers..."

Source: http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/europe/2270642.stm

Erdogan - 2017 wrote:Speaking in the central city of Eskişehir, Turkeyā€™s president urged ā€œhis brothers and sisters in Europeā€ to begin a baby boom in their new countries. ā€œHave not just three, but five children,ā€ he told his flag-waving audience.

ā€œThe place in which you are living and working is now your homeland and new motherland. Stake a claim to it.

Source: http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/2017/03 ... k-against/

The West's answer: "Hey, let's all stop having kids and become vegans. :flowers:"
United States of America n0el
ESOC Business Team
ESO: jezabob
Clan: ķŒ€ ķ•˜ģš°ģŠ¤

Post by n0el »

This is the problem @Dolan. You are taking your anti immigration stance to defend attacks on a religion. Those are two different things. If you canā€™t see that then Iā€™m afraid you are beyond help. I donā€™t think that view has anything to do with my favorable geographic postition. In fact we have quite a big issue with immigration here. People disagree with immigration but only the lunatics decry it for because Mexicans and other Central Americans are going to come attack Americans or rape them etc...it is fine to disagree with the concept of immigration but itā€™s entirely disrespectful and bigoted to attack the religion of a quarter of the world. That is the issue and that will not be tolerated.
mad cuz bad
Netherlands Goodspeed
Retired Contributor

Post by Goodspeed »

Guess I might as well repeat this again: I agree about not locking threads. Why not delete posts instead? And if people continue to break the rules, deal with them personally instead of killing an entire discussion over it.
Netherlands momuuu
Ninja

Post by momuuu »

Goodspeed wrote:Guess I might as well repeat this again: I agree about not locking threads. Why not delete posts instead? And if people continue to break the rules, deal with them personally instead of killing an entire discussion over it.

Moderation 101: dont delete posts.

This, together with ep, is your contribution towards esoc I remember most as former staff.
Netherlands Goodspeed
Retired Contributor

Post by Goodspeed »

Don't edit posts, you mean. I'm not about deleting them either, but it's better than locking whole threads. Trying to compromise here.
France Kaiserklein
Pro Player
GameRanger ID: 5529322

Post by Kaiserklein »

Religions suck
But intolerant people suck even more
LoOk_tOm wrote:I have something in particular against Kaisar (GERMANY NOOB mercenary LAMME FOREVER) And the other people (noobs) like suck kaiser ... just this ..
Netherland Antilles Laurence Drake
Jaeger

Post by Laurence Drake »

How do I join Jerom's sex dungeon?
Top quality poster.
United States of America n0el
ESOC Business Team
ESO: jezabob
Clan: ķŒ€ ķ•˜ģš°ģŠ¤

Post by n0el »

Laurence Drake wrote:How do I join Jerom's sex dungeon?

Ask @fightinfrenchman
mad cuz bad
Netherlands momuuu
Ninja

Post by momuuu »

Goodspeed wrote:Don't edit posts, you mean. I'm not about deleting them either, but it's better than locking whole threads. Trying to compromise here.

Your opinion changed I guess. Funny, people here are voicing some thoughts Ive been expressing for years now.
Netherlands Goodspeed
Retired Contributor

Post by Goodspeed »

It hasn't changed. I've always advocated for much less moderation than what we were/are doing and have always been particularly strongly opposed to locking entire discussions because a couple of people are breaking the rules. My "moderation 101" line is never edit posts, not never delete them. You misremembered.
Sweden Gendarme
Gendarme
Donator 03
ESO: Gendarme

Post by Gendarme »

@momuuu I don't think anyone on any forum ever has opposed deleting blatant spam posts, because they simply make it impossible to experience the forum. The disagreement is on whether other forms of breaking rules should warrant post deletion. The thread in question had numerous spam-posts, so he has not necessarily changed his opinion on moderation. It just happens to be the case that spam is not usually the reason for moderationā€”but it probably was this time.
Pay more attention to detail.
Netherlands momuuu
Ninja

Post by momuuu »

There's spam and trolling. The staff has always been against deleting little troll posts. Threads that get out of hand are locked, never deleted. The posts that ruin a thread are left there and then the ruined thread is locked. It's bad moderating, and it's because at the start of the forum people at the staff were strongly of the opinion that you should never delete posts. Or actually moderate beyond locking a thread. This is like troll heaven.
No Flag kami_ryu
Retired Contributor

Post by kami_ryu »

-- deleted post --

Reason: on request (off-topic bulk delete)
Great Britain thomasgreen6
Lancer
ESO: Thomasgreen6

Post by thomasgreen6 »

CelticCrusader wrote:Well when you are including all the violence from Northern Ireland well the stats will look like that. What you are ignoring is that islamic terror is on the rise in direct correlation with mass muslim migration. As the muslim population increases so will the number of attacks. We are also seeing many more crimes on the increase like acid attacks, which originate in Bangladeshi community and now gangs have started using it. You are simply ignoring a very real problem by using pointless stats which include the war in Northern Ireland.

I'm not ignoring any problem and my statisitcs aren't meaningless. I recognise that the confilct in Northern Irelend does skew the results and the point of the graph I posted was to demonstarte that terroist incidents are not more likely or more regular now then in the past.

Ok so lets carry out further statistics. If you were to compare the number of people killed as a result of islamic related terroist attacks in the last 10 years (2018-2008) with the number of people killed in the 18 years before that (2008-1990) then there is no statisticaly significant differnece. This means that although there has been a larger then usual number of Islamic related teroist attacks in the UK is the past few years this could be an anomaly.

CelticCrusader wrote:What you are ignoring is that islamic terror is on the rise in direct correlation with mass muslim migration

I would also like to point out that the attacker at Westminister was British and one of the attackers in the London Bridge attack was also British and born in Britain. I don't think 'mass' Muslim migartion has much correlation at all with terroist attacks. Also the nuber of Muslim people in the UK has grown at a similar rate to the to the total population gorwth i.e the % of Muslims that make up the total population is not much different now to what it was in 2000.
'I'm gonna win this and I'm just gonna enjoy it' - Tibia 2k18

http://www.Twitch.tv/thomasgreen6
Singapore milku3459
Howdah
ESO: milku3459

Post by milku3459 »

Jam wrote:Image
chequemate repubilicans

Bill is a Democrat CHEQUEMATE
Netherlands Goodspeed
Retired Contributor

Post by Goodspeed »

Jerom wrote:There's spam and trolling. The staff has always been against deleting little troll posts. Threads that get out of hand are locked, never deleted. The posts that ruin a thread are left there and then the ruined thread is locked. It's bad moderating, and it's because at the start of the forum people at the staff were strongly of the opinion that you should never delete posts. Or actually moderate beyond locking a thread. This is like troll heaven.
The rampant locking of threads is actually a new thing.
No Flag deleted_user0
Ninja

Post by deleted_user0 »

Tens of my message have been deleted because for example telling what's wrong with ESOC maps. Or told my opinion about the latest patch, in a topic asking for opinions. And all of those without any insults or other reasons to delete. Or a mod insulting me and my defendig messages deleted but original messages by mod left.

So.....