Locking posts because someone disagrees.

This is for discussions about news, politics, sports, other games, culture, philosophy etc.
Sweden Gendarme
Gendarme
Donator 03
ESO: Gendarme

Re: Locking posts because someone disagrees.

Post by Gendarme »

Yeah should probably just lock my thread because it went totally off-topic. @Vinyanyérë get to work!
Pay more attention to detail.
No Flag deleted_user
Ninja

Post by deleted_user »

he got nothing correct about that clip or why I was excited :sad:
Sweden Gendarme
Gendarme
Donator 03

Post by Gendarme »

You were clearly excited because you absorbed a photon. Naturally you weren't excited for long.
Great Britain thomasgreen6
Lancer
ESO: Thomasgreen6

Post by thomasgreen6 »

CelticCrusader wrote:It is not an anomaly that there has been more islamic attacks recently, its a direct correlation between increased muslim migration and an increase of islamic terror attacks. Dont be so fucking stupid. In the past we had no islamic terror attacks because there were no muslims here. Go and read about the history of islam. Since its inception its been at war. Its the most oppressive ideology out there and continues to follow the warlord muhammeds vile ways.

I think you are repeating yourself quite a lot as you have already made the point that muslim migration leads to an increase in terror attacks. However, I have proved, using statisitcs, that both:
- There has been no increase in muslim migration or increase in the muslim population, outside of the national population growth figure, since 2000
-There is no correlation between muslim immigration and terror attacks in the UK

CelticCrusader wrote:Yes that attacker was british born, but not british at all. He follows the word of allah, not british law. And you are trying to defend or deflect from the real issues with your statistics.

Actually, I think we live in a free democratic country. If you are British and/or living in Britain you are free to practice your religion. Extremists can be British too. To your second point. No, statisitcs are the most scientific and robust way of backing up your arguments and my statistics have contradicted many of the opinions you presented as fact.

CelticCrusader wrote:We had 4 major terrorist attacks in the UK last year, many others were stopped before they could happen. Did you not see the manchester attacks? That was probably one of the worst we have suffered, do you want this to become normal ? Because it will if they continue to be given free will. We also have hundreds of people who have fought for isis roaming the country, which our spineless government let back in. There are so many people on the terror watch list that we cant actually monitor them all. But our government continue to import another culture that wishes for our annihilation. We just keep adding to the problem by letting masses of migrants in. Not forgetting our public services are crippled already. Stop defending a culture that wishes you dead. If you dont believe then me go read the Koran, there are over 100 verses of violence directed towards non believers.

Islam is not a culture that wants me dead. I have met many muslim people and traveled to muslim countires and non of these people/cultures have shared that sentiment
'I'm gonna win this and I'm just gonna enjoy it' - Tibia 2k18

http://www.Twitch.tv/thomasgreen6
Lancer

Post by thomasgreen6 »

edeholland wrote:Once again, you are not giving any statistic.

Statisitcs are fake news. You're just trying to "defend or deflect the problem"

Lancer

Post by thomasgreen6 »

CelticCrusader wrote: Anyway I had an official warning off Noel, so I suppose I should stop offending all you delicate souls in your ESOC safe space.

Your posts are quite aggressive and you do tend to use a lot of obscene words which is not going to help you make your points or change people's opinions

Wales CelticCrusader
Dragoon
ESO: CelticCrusader

Post by CelticCrusader »

edeholland wrote:
CelticCrusader wrote:It is no coincidence that since the syrian war and mass migration from the middle east and africa, we have begun to see far more attacks over europe not just the UK. Anyone trying to say otherwise is clearly ignorant. How can you miss it, its all over the news. One day you will understand , but it will be too late then. Anyway I had an official warning off Noel, so I suppose I should stop offending all you delicate souls in your ESOC safe space.

"its all over the news"

Once again, you are not giving any statistic. There has been a lot more focus on the attacks, which might be the reason you say its all over the news.

There has been a lot more focus because they have happened more frequently and been more severe. That is normal. Its not like the news has just not reported tons of attacks in the past years. You are in denial as a European if you cannot admit the huge increase of terror attacks on Europeans since the mass migration caused by the war in Syria.
Wales CelticCrusader
Dragoon

Post by CelticCrusader »

thomasgreen6 wrote:
CelticCrusader wrote: Anyway I had an official warning off Noel, so I suppose I should stop offending all you delicate souls in your ESOC safe space.

Your posts are quite aggressive and you do tend to use a lot of obscene words which is not going to help you make your points or change people's opinions

Aggressive? Really , you must be a very delicate soul then. Man up. People are just far to easily offended by things these days. What happened to saying 'sticks and stone will break my bones but words will never hurt me' ? I think kids these days are brought up to be wimps and victims.
Sweden Gendarme
Gendarme
Donator 03

Post by Gendarme »

It's obviously frustrating to disagree on things you feel very strongly about and are important to you, but it should be quite clear to everyone that expressing that frustration is counter-productive if your aim is to have a proper discussion. If you however just wish to share your thoughts and don't care for the discussion that is fine I suppose, but right now it's kind of a thing between a discussion and a rant. I think it's the wrong approach. The beauty about posting on a forum or chatting over the internet in general is that you have time to re-read what you're going to write and think twice. It is really not that hard to leave out emotion in your posts, regardless of how mad you are. I have years of first-hand experience of posting with boiling blood, and I don't think there's anything special about me. Anyone can do it with the correct attitude.
Lancer

Post by thomasgreen6 »

CelticCrusader wrote:Aggressive? Really , you must be a very delicate soul then. Man up. People are just far to easily offended by things these days. What happened to saying 'sticks and stone will break my bones but words will never hurt me' ? I think kids these days are brought up to be wimps and victims.

I think most people would describe swearing and insults as aggressive. I am not offended by your posts and I don't consider myself delicate. I was merely pointing out that you are unlikely to win somone over to your point of view by insulting them.

Wales CelticCrusader
Dragoon

Post by CelticCrusader »

thomasgreen6 wrote:
CelticCrusader wrote:Aggressive? Really , you must be a very delicate soul then. Man up. People are just far to easily offended by things these days. What happened to saying 'sticks and stone will break my bones but words will never hurt me' ? I think kids these days are brought up to be wimps and victims.

I think most people would describe swearing and insults as aggressive. I am not offended by your posts and I don't consider myself delicate. I was merely pointing out that you are unlikely to win somone over to your point of view by insulting them.

I may have thrown a few insults, but many have thrown some at me. Im supposedly a Nazi for disliking islamic practices. Nazis killed millions of innocent people , I said some words that offended someone. Bit of a difference in name calling there.
Great Britain oats13
Lancer

Post by oats13 »

If anyone is seriously saying that there is no problem or no increase in problems linked directly to immigration and open-door policies in western Europe then they really need to do a reality check @CelticCrusader isn't doing a great job of defending himself vs smug idiots but in truth he is pretty much correct here.

The facts are that there are places in Britain such as Tower Hamlets that have populations of 300,000 that in just 2 generations have become over 2/3rds populated by minority ethnicities- 50% of which are muslim i.e 35% of the total- for Americans reading this just imagine that Cincinnati or Pittsburgh followed this trend whilst Vermont and Portland both did not experience this phenomena and increased their relative wealth over the aforementioned areas- do you think there would no social consequence of this?

The highest muslim density of population in the U.S.A is, I believe, about 3-4% in the new jersey area- about ten times less- don't imagine for a minute that we are facing equivalent situations here.
We hold these truths to be self-evident. All men and women created by the you know, you know the thing.
Bavaria j_t_kirk
ESOC Media Team
Donator 01
ESO: j_t_kirk

Post by j_t_kirk »

oats13 wrote:If anyone is seriously saying that there is no problem or no increase in problems linked directly to immigration and open-door policies in western Europe then they really need to do a reality check @CelticCrusader isn't doing a great job of defending himself vs smug idiots but in truth he is pretty much correct here.

I agree that there are problems related to Immigration ans open-door policies and to say that they don't exist is definitively wrong, but the others extrem is wrong too. You can't attack a whole religion or group of people, because there are a few bad and dangerous persons in the group.
ImageImageImage
Sweden Gendarme
Gendarme
Donator 03

Post by Gendarme »

j_t_kirk wrote:You can't attack a whole group of people
Does this always apply, or only for a certain type of groups? If the latter, how does one determine which groups it applies to?
United States of America noissance
Jaeger
Donator 01
ESO: noissance

Post by noissance »

Gendarme wrote:
Does this always apply, or only for a certain type of groups? If the latter, how does one determine which groups it applies to?

You can easily determine that by using a slot machine, more accurate than whatever they do to predict weather. This way, its totally based on bad luck and not any bias.
Error 404: Signature not found
Bavaria j_t_kirk
ESOC Media Team
Donator 01

Post by j_t_kirk »

Gendarme wrote:

I mean religious or ethnic groups. "Every Muslim is a terrorist, we must protect us"... etc.
ImageImageImage
Wales CelticCrusader
Dragoon

Post by CelticCrusader »

j_t_kirk wrote:
oats13 wrote:If anyone is seriously saying that there is no problem or no increase in problems linked directly to immigration and open-door policies in western Europe then they really need to do a reality check @CelticCrusader isn't doing a great job of defending himself vs smug idiots but in truth he is pretty much correct here.

I agree that there are problems related to Immigration ans open-door policies and to say that they don't exist is definitively wrong, but the others extrem is wrong too. You can't attack a whole religion or group of people, because there are a few bad and dangerous persons in the group.

I am not saying all muslims are bad. I stated that before. I know people of muslim origin and they are good. But they respect our laws here. I am opposed to the increase in Wahhabi teachings here in the UK. Like Christianity, Islam has sects. Currently Saudi Arabia is funding many mosques in Europe, they are preaching the most extreme form of Islam and funding its growth whilst European governments look another way.

[url]https://www.google.co.uk/search?client=opera&q=saudi+arabia+funding+mosques+in+europe&sourceid=opera&ie=UTF-8&oe=UTF-8
[/url]

Just a search of the first page. Go look for yourselves.
Wales CelticCrusader
Dragoon

Post by CelticCrusader »

j_t_kirk wrote:
Gendarme wrote:

I mean religious or ethnic groups. "Every Muslim is a terrorist, we must protect us"... etc.

I never attacked the whole group, i am criticizing their practices. Surely in a democratic society you can criticize anything . And for me if you wont criticize islams oppressive practices or even question them, you must condone them.
Bavaria j_t_kirk
ESOC Media Team
Donator 01

Post by j_t_kirk »

CelticCrusader wrote:
j_t_kirk wrote:

I am not saying all muslims are bad. I stated that before. I know people of muslim origin and they are good. But they respect our laws here. I am opposed to the increase in Wahhabi teachings here in the UK. Like Christianity, Islam has sects. Currently Saudi Arabia is funding many mosques in Europe, they are preaching the most extreme form of Islam and funding its growth whilst European governments look another way.

[url]https://www.google.co.uk/search?client=opera&q=saudi+arabia+funding+mosques+in+europe&sourceid=opera&ie=UTF-8&oe=UTF-8
[/url]

Just a search of the first page. Go look for yourselves.

I didn't blame you or anyone here for thinking that all muslims Are bad. But in general there are too many persons on the extremes. "Everything is Good, we must love each others, there are no problems" or "Every Muslim is a terrorist".
ImageImageImage
Sweden Gendarme
Gendarme
Donator 03

Post by Gendarme »

j_t_kirk wrote:
Gendarme wrote:

What is the reasoning behind protecting specifically religious groups? Should they not be subject to the same criticism as other ideological groups? It seems quite arbitrary to me.
Great Britain oats13
Lancer

Post by oats13 »

Basic rules of Internet.

a. People who are actually racist.
b. People who aren't racist but worry about change happening too rapidly.
c.People who aren't racist but like rapid change.
d. People who actually want to destroy functional institutions/are in complete denial.

b. cannot see c.
b. worries about and talks to d. only.
c.cannot see b.
c. worries about and talks to a. only.

We hold these truths to be self-evident. All men and women created by the you know, you know the thing.
Bavaria j_t_kirk
ESOC Media Team
Donator 01

Post by j_t_kirk »

Gendarme wrote:
j_t_kirk wrote:
Show hidden quotes

What is the reasoning behind protecting specifically religious groups? Should they not be subject to the same criticism as other ideological groups? It seems quite arbitrary to me.

You got me wrong. I don't want to protect those groups and criticism is good and necessary, but bias and prejudice towards a whole group is not good and necessary. Criticism is
ImageImageImage
Tokelau jesus3
Jaeger

Post by jesus3 »

Yes, that does exist but it doesn't make a case for any of your arguments. Also they don't look another way, that's again a false statement. Literally every EU-Leader in charge, especially on supranational level (EU) is aware of the Geopolitics-Dimension and Saudi-Arabia's attempt on increasing soft power through affiliation and funding of certain muslim sects in Europe and countermeasures are being taken by adequate, rather subtle means like cutting off and freezing bankaccounts, observing and then arresting people if a solid crime can be sure of (just exercising your religion isn't).

The whole funding needs to be set into proportion though: China for example does the same by funding infrastructure, drawing developing economies into dependence, it's not of religious but of ideological power-seeking nature and on a way larger scale than the Saudi case. If you want to be concerned, be concerned about that but even there the EU and single EU state leaders are aware of the problem and taking countermeasures, of course not in front of media-representatives since that would be strategically not smart.

Sadly that will be my last contribution to this thread since you seem to lack the very fundamental basics of how an argument works.
Judging from the two threads until now you're just repeating yourself over and over while not even trying to argue properly, never making a solid case or taking other, better backed arguments into consideration and acting just on behalf of pissing people off. That's for me the definition of a troll, if you mean to act like one or not.

Have a good night, sleep tight.
Sweden Gendarme
Gendarme
Donator 03

Post by Gendarme »

@j_t_kirk I think I was a bit unclear; I will clarify. Let us take an easy example of libertarians and nazis into consideration. The general consensus is that prejudice and condemnation of nazis as a whole is the proper attitude, while attacking the group of libertarians as a whole is not. I do not know what your personal view on the matter is, but this is how almost everyone feels, which is obviously understandable. However, this means that attacking a group of people as a whole is not always wrong, which is why I want to know how one exactly determines to which groups this applies and to which groups it does not. In this case it is quite obvious, but there are infinite ways of grouping people, and if we don't have a way to objectively determine when it is okay to attack a group we clearly have a problem.

I do not expect you to give me a satisfying answer to how to determine this, because I don't think it is possible; it was a semi-rhetorical question to reach this point where I can explain my view. I think there are three possible ways to move forward: we either allow every group of people to be attacked, allow no group of people to be attacked, or let the people in charge here determine on a case-to-case basis what is appropriate at their own discretion and give their verdict—but without punishment as there is no way for people to know that it wasn't acceptable beforehand. The other option is to not move forward at all and be happy with the current state of things.
Bavaria j_t_kirk
ESOC Media Team
Donator 01

Post by j_t_kirk »

Lets take the first option :)
ImageImageImage