Funny women

This is for discussions about news, politics, sports, other games, culture, philosophy etc.
Norway spanky4ever
Gendarme
iwillspankyou

Re: Funny women

Post by spanky4ever »

lejend wrote:Well yes it is completely subjective. But my view is pretty common. And I don't know why you're so upset about this.

Of all the people I've run this by over the last two days (66% male, 33% female), I'd say 66% believed that guys have a monopoly on this type of humor, including most of the girls. But most of them were above 30. It's just younger people nowadays are obsessed with "equality" and think being feminine is inferior. Your culture and opinion aren't the only ones in the world. Other people exist.

To me, you look quite obsessed with putting woman down. Its sickens me tbo.
So does you Jesus stuff, while at the same time preching right wing stuff, like there where no tomorrow :hmm:
I really think Jesus would be very disapointed with you :o

There you are - my honest openion. No responce needed
Hippocrits are the worst of animals. I love elifants.
Italy gamevideo113
Howdah
ESO: gamevideo113

Post by gamevideo113 »

lejend wrote:Well yes it is completely subjective. But my view is pretty common.

Of all the people I've run this by over the last two days (66% male, 33% female), I'd say 66% believed that guys have a monopoly on this type of humor, including most of the girls. But most of them were above 30.

That there are more male stand up comedian is a fact, and probably it is even true that males are better at being comedians than women for a number of reasons. Still, this does not legitimate you to publicly imply that women can't be funny by asking for "proof of the contrary" to undermine your assumption, as there is obviously no scientifical evidence that women cannot be funny.
Obviously you can have your assumptions. You are free to share your assumptions and opinions. Don't expect everyone to agree and/or be happy about them, specially when you are speaking of these topics.
And I don't know why you're so upset about this.

Because you made a thread for God knows what reason to try to prove a sexist point and then play dumb when you get called out for it. Also i'm not sure how do you think reading this wouldn't make me upset:
It's just younger people nowadays are obsessed with "equality" and think being feminine is inferior. Your culture and opinion aren't the only ones in the world. Other people exist.

The more i look at this the more i think i shouldn't even answer to it.

I might be overly hostile now but i kind of agree with this Seneca on this:
Errare humanum est, perseverare autem diabolicum.
[Some people aspire to be pr30+, some people aspire to have fun, and some people aspire to play 3v3 Deccan.] - vividlyplain - 2019 Who (nationality) rape ?
stupid logic. noob players can say op?
toxic, Insult, Racism ?
No Flag lejend
Jaeger

Post by lejend »

A traditional lifestyle in which men and women complement each other, doesn't "put women down." This is not "anti-woman" me speaking; the vast majority of women agree with this. Few things upset women more than being treated like a man. Only a very small number of people think that men and women are exactly the same, or that being better at humor, being a careerist instead of a mother, etc., makes one superior to another person, as if jobs and humor are the measures of a human being's value. What an incredibly anti-human outlook alleged "feminists" have!

I think most people understand this deep down. But why is it that in recent years some people refuse to admit it? I think they subconsciously consider femininity inferior, and feel bad to say that women are feminine. It's certainly strange.

But that's the "culture war" for you. No wonder people live in cultural bubbles nowadays. Can't express your sincere beliefs without immediately being branded a hateful bigot by the other side.
No Flag lejend
Jaeger

Post by lejend »

gamevideo113 wrote:
lejend wrote:Well yes it is completely subjective. But my view is pretty common.

Of all the people I've run this by over the last two days (66% male, 33% female), I'd say 66% believed that guys have a monopoly on this type of humor, including most of the girls. But most of them were above 30.

That there are more male stand up comedian is a fact, and probably it is even true that males are better at being comedians than women for a number of reasons. Still, this does not legitimate you to publicly imply that women can't be funny by asking for "proof of the contrary" to undermine your assumption, as there is obviously no scientifical evidence that women cannot be funny.
Obviously you can have your assumptions. You are free to share your assumptions and opinions. Don't expect everyone to agree and/or be happy about them, specially when you are speaking of these topics.
And I don't know why you're so upset about this.

Because you made a thread for God knows what reason to try to prove a sexist point and then play dumb when you get called out for it. Also i'm not sure how do you think reading this wouldn't make me upset:
It's just younger people nowadays are obsessed with "equality" and think being feminine is inferior. Your culture and opinion aren't the only ones in the world. Other people exist.

The more i look at this the more i think i shouldn't even answer to it.

I might be overly hostile now but i kind of agree with this Seneca on this:
Errare humanum est, perseverare autem diabolicum.

This is a small forum. As with all tight-knit communities, "outlandish" statements are to be expected, especially as topic-starters. ESOC is not gonna be published in a scientific journal, so you don't have to get upset about a discussion being started in a way you don't like. Nobody is going to die from a request to post women comedians. It's incredibly absurd to get worked up over this. You are perfectly free not to read any post you don't like. I've read dozens of posts containing the most outlandish statements and never complained. It's an Internet forum for a video game, not a war conference. Lighten up.
Italy gamevideo113
Howdah
ESO: gamevideo113

Post by gamevideo113 »

Ok, i admit it. I live in a cultural bubble and, unlike you, i am firmly conviced of my points and try to exctract scientific evidence out of them even when there is none, just to prove that being a woman is a handicap and we should be devoted to these poor little unfortunate creatures. Some of us humans are less lucky, what can you do about it. Probably genetic engineering will come to aid us and we will be able to have only males in this world so these poor women will have to stop pretending to be men! This world really isn't a place for women. :cry: As a sign of empowerment, i invite all women to let their facial hair grow to show that, despite their handicap, they can make it in this world!
Women should not be mothers. Men instead should! Who said that women are the ones who have to grow babies in their womb? Since men are stronger, they should carry the burden!
I firmly believe that my bigotry will make the world a better place, with less women that act like women and men that act like men. That's why i am keeping up this crusade against people willing to freely voice their opinion. If you think women should be feminine, then you are totally out of touch with reality. I like to get outraged when people express their opinion, so you better not do it while i'm listening! :chinese:

Do you even read what you write? I'm starting to feel unconfortable so i'm going to stop answering. This ruined my night.
[Some people aspire to be pr30+, some people aspire to have fun, and some people aspire to play 3v3 Deccan.] - vividlyplain - 2019 Who (nationality) rape ?
stupid logic. noob players can say op?
toxic, Insult, Racism ?
No Flag fightinfrenchman
Ninja
Donator 04

Post by fightinfrenchman »

@lejend You started that post by responding to the fact that humor is subjective. In it, you said that 9 of the top 10 highest paid comedians are men, and specifically said "money talks." But apparently one of the top 10 is not funny, despite being in the top ten. How does that make any sense?

I don't actually want an answer, you're just sexist and the mods are shitty for not doing anything about it.
Dromedary Scone Mix is not Alone Mix
No Flag lejend
Jaeger

Post by lejend »

We usually completely agree but I guess not on this issue. It's all right. Nobody agrees with anyone about everything.

When I talked about cultural bubbles, I was talking about everyone, not you. People nowadays aren't tolerant of other beliefs. If you say something, people who disagree will insult you or just drive you out of their community. So people decide to only be around other people who think like them, and society becomes divided into groups that hate, fear and misunderstand each other. That's all.
Spain Snuden
Jaeger
ESO: Snuden

Post by Snuden »

Feminine women :love: :love: :love: :love: :love: :love:
[Sith] - Baphomet
No Flag kami_ryu
Retired Contributor

Post by kami_ryu »

-- deleted post --

Reason: on request (off-topic bulk delete)
Tuvalu gibson
Ninja
ECL Reigning Champs

Post by gibson »

lejend wrote:A traditional lifestyle in which men and women complement each other, doesn't "put women down." This is not "anti-woman" me speaking; the vast majority of women agree with this. Few things upset women more than being treated like a man. Only a very small number of people think that men and women are exactly the same, or that being better at humor, being a careerist instead of a mother, etc., makes one superior to another person, as if jobs and humor are the measures of a human being's value. What an incredibly anti-human outlook alleged "feminists" have!

I think most people understand this deep down. But why is it that in recent years some people refuse to admit it? I think they subconsciously consider femininity inferior, and feel bad to say that women are feminine. It's certainly strange.

But that's the "culture war" for you. No wonder people live in cultural bubbles nowadays. Can't express your sincere beliefs without immediately being branded a hateful bigot by the other side.

No one thinks men and women are exactly the same,people believe that there is nothing inherent about being a woman that would cause one to do worse in most jobs ( physical labor excluded) thn a man, and most rational people don't think that a woman who takes time off from her career to raise a child is inferior either. Same for men for that matter. If I had a wife with a substantial income we might very well decide that I would take years off from my career to raise a child. The problem is when a women feels like she has to raise children, which is often the case.
United States of America TheInvincibleJannisary
Dragoon

Post by TheInvincibleJannisary »

When a female streams then why is it that she gets so many more viewers than her male counterpart especially if you can see her?

I guess it is her sense of humor and skill level that is superior :flowers:
Tuvalu gibson
Ninja
ECL Reigning Champs

Post by gibson »

TheInvincibleJannisary wrote:When a female streams then why is it that she gets so many more viewers than her male counterpart especially if you can see her?
because people who watch twitch are like 90% male and males like tits?
Canada Jam
Jaeger
ESO: Hyperactive Jam

Post by Jam »

gibson wrote:
TheInvincibleJannisary wrote:When a female streams then why is it that she gets so many more viewers than her male counterpart especially if you can see her?
Men have nipples too though...
United States of America TheInvincibleJannisary
Dragoon

Post by TheInvincibleJannisary »

gibson wrote:

I like your in depth analysis.
No Flag deleted_user0
Ninja

Post by deleted_user0 »

lejend wrote:You could argue that her business is the "spectacle" or her brand, though. She's still good at what she does. If she weren't she wouldn't be successful at it.

Like I said, they're undoubtedly good at something, but that something may not be their main profession, and it also may be something they're not aware or in control of, such as having good looks etc.

That's atcually a very bad analogy. Neither fruit nor guys are trying to be appealing to you. But if they were trying and failed at it, that would mean that it isn't your fault for not liking them.

Sure, the former isn't directly, but what if I go to a restaurant? It's like a review I read on tripadvisor. I give this restaurant 1 out of 5 stars, the food was actually fine, but I don't like indian food. Is it the restaurants fault? If you don't like indian food, you shouldn't go to an indian restaurant. The latter might be. I fail to see, that if a guy would come on to me, but i'm not attracted to him, that this is solely his fault for me not liking him. There's 2 sides to the story, and you just refuse to look at yourself in this. I'm quite sure that many artists don't even try to appeal to everyone. It's impossible to do so, it's a waste of time to try. Sure, if no one likes an artists work, we can perhaps start talking about it being the artists "fault", but then again, nobody really liked van Gogh's work while he was alive, and now he's one of the most famous painters alive and heralded as one of the greatest ever. Was it his fault nobody liked his paintings then? Should he just have painted the things the lejends of his time liked?

Fashion items are made to appeal to people right? So bring me a skirt that is beautiful. I've never seen a skirt beautiful enough that I'd like to wear it. Hmm, not made to appeal to me? Ok, what about rolex watches. Never seen a rolex watch beautiful enough that I want to wear it, so rolex watches must be shit.

I do not owe comedians laughs. They are trying to make me laugh, I am not trying to laugh. That's why people give them money, views, etc. While a comedian can hire people to give him laughs, that's cretainly not the case here. So I'm not failing for not laughing.

They don't owe it to you to make you laugh either. It's not like you can go there, not laugh, and ask for your money back. If they have not told you that they would do anything they didn't do, then they have delivered their end of the bargain. No honest entertainer will ever garantuee 100% satisfaction of their audience. It's impossible. Nobody is talking about failing, if this actually how you think about it, then you clearly have a very weird idea about taste that doesn't connect to how it actually works.

It's silly to believe in a conspiracy of people holding their laughter just to be mean. If a comedian can't make people laugh then ovbiously he sucks at it.

If a comedian can't make you laugh doesn't mean he can't make people laugh. Just not all the people. We already established that Rihanna and Britney don't suck even though not the entire world likes them. People have different tastes. Some like to listen to jazz, others to heavy metal. Does the jazz singer suck at his job as a musician because their work doesn't appeal to some people? That's a silly thing to say.

It's not about witholding laughter consiously, but rather, peoples prejudice and preconceived ideas will influence their experience. It's possible, but unlikely that a KKK member will sit through a dave chapelle show, and walk out at the other end going like omg this was the funniest stuff ever. It's much more likely that his prejudice will prevent him from enjoying the show. He doesn't walk into the show with an open and honest perception.

On a different level, but the same notion really, is that whenever I watch a history show, I think historical accuracy is a plus and inaccuracy bugs me and makes me appreciate a show less. when the show Vikings came out, I enjoyed it a lot because they had quite historically accurate battle scenes. But as the show became more famous and they wanted to appeal to a bigger audience, they threw historical accuracy overboard in favor of spectacle. it's not their fault that I don't like that latter type of stuff, that's simply my personality. Neither is it my fault that they like to make more money and have more viewers. That's simply business. But they can't both appeal to me who wants accuracy, and to the larger audience who wants spectacle while still having the same budget.

Weve already establishedthat you dont need to appeal to everyone in order to be succesful. This means that the individual judgment, either positive or negative, is not meaningful sec. So the question is what makes you think you are different? Why do you present yourself in this thread as if your approval is the end all judgment and crowning achievement of a female comedians work? You ask for videos as if you liking or disliking the video says anything directly meaningful.
No Flag deleted_user
Ninja

Post by deleted_user »

Vincent is my favorite person ever.
No Flag lejend
Jaeger

Post by lejend »

kami_ryu wrote:Oh lord lmao

For the record I tend to find most stand up comedians less than funny. I feel like they try too hard on stage.

What makes me laugh hard is this sort of crap: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hn1VxaMEjRU

Also I think my friend who is a girl is maybe the funniest person I know. It's all about wit and being able to bounce off circumstances in a humorous way. Stand up comedy just doesn't cut it

Stand up comedy isn't the best type of comedy, admittedly. If you like "British humor", there are these contest type of comedy shows form "Channel 4" or whatever they call it. The "Big Fat Quiz of the Year" is probably the funniest. It's on YouTube.
No Flag lejend
Jaeger

Post by lejend »

gibson wrote:No one thinks men and women are exactly the same,people believe that there is nothing inherent about being a woman that would cause one to do worse in most jobs ( physical labor excluded) thn a man, and most rational people don't think that a woman who takes time off from her career to raise a child is inferior either. Same for men for that matter. If I had a wife with a substantial income we might very well decide that I would take years off from my career to raise a child. The problem is when a women feels like she has to raise children, which is often the case.

Stopping women from working isn't a traditionalist thing. It's mostly a cult thing. :| Traditionalism just says men and women have different strengths and weaknesses, whether due to biology or socialization, and should complement each other. In most cases that means man working and woman raising children, but it isn't always the case, and women can always work from home of course, which can often be more profitable than a wagecuck job anyway. That is the best path to a happy and healthy society.

A lot of people think or say that men and women are exactly the same, except for genitals. Which is an idea that would be dismissed by most women as dangerous and wrong. Most women are mentally very feminine and want men to be masculine. That is not just a genitals thing; it's also to do with appearance, personality, social roles, etc. If you (or anyone reading) don't like my unproven anecdotes, you can just look at the science. Women prefer traditionalist men ("benevolent sexists") over feminist ones, and consistently report more happiness in more traditionalist relationships.

Research indicates that the endorsement of sexist ideology is linked to higher subjective wellbeing for both men and women. We examine gender differences in the rationalisations which drive this effect in an egalitarian nation (New Zealand). Results from a nationally representative sample (N=6,100) indicated that the endorsement of Benevolent Sexism (BS) predicted life satisfaction through different mechanisms for men and women. For men, BS was directly associated with life satisfaction. For women, the palliative effect of BS was indirect and occurred because BS-ideology positioning women as deserving of men’s adoration and protection was linked to general perceptions of gender relations as fair and equitable, which in turn predicted greater levels of life satisfaction...

The increase in life satisfaction is one such quality which makes the ideology particularly palatable. BS is not typically categorised as a ‘sexist’ or ‘prejudicial’ set of attitudes (Barreto and Ellemers 2005). In fact BS presents ideals which are often viewed as appealing. On average, women rate descriptions of benevolently sexist men as more attractive than men described as
hostilely sexist, and in some cases as more attractive than non-sexists (Bohner et al. 2010; Killianski and Rudman 1998).

So if even women want traditional gender roles, why do so many male feminists these days insist on total "equality"? Don't women's opinions matter?

The entire thing just weirds me out. A lot of young people nowadays are inexperienced and full of emotion, and are unaware their beliefs are a recipe for an unfulfilled and unhappy life.
No Flag lejend
Jaeger

Post by lejend »

umeu wrote:
lejend wrote:You could argue that her business is the "spectacle" or her brand, though. She's still good at what she does. If she weren't she wouldn't be successful at it.

Like I said, they're undoubtedly good at something, but that something may not be their main profession, and it also may be something they're not aware or in control of, such as having good looks etc.

That's atcually a very bad analogy. Neither fruit nor guys are trying to be appealing to you. But if they were trying and failed at it, that would mean that it isn't your fault for not liking them.

Sure, the former isn't directly, but what if I go to a restaurant? It's like a review I read on tripadvisor. I give this restaurant 1 out of 5 stars, the food was actually fine, but I don't like indian food. Is it the restaurants fault? If you don't like indian food, you shouldn't go to an indian restaurant. The latter might be. I fail to see, that if a guy would come on to me, but i'm not attracted to him, that this is solely his fault for me not liking him. There's 2 sides to the story, and you just refuse to look at yourself in this. I'm quite sure that many artists don't even try to appeal to everyone. It's impossible to do so, it's a waste of time to try. Sure, if no one likes an artists work, we can perhaps start talking about it being the artists "fault", but then again, nobody really liked van Gogh's work while he was alive, and now he's one of the most famous painters alive and heralded as one of the greatest ever. Was it his fault nobody liked his paintings then? Should he just have painted the things the lejends of his time liked?

Fashion items are made to appeal to people right? So bring me a skirt that is beautiful. I've never seen a skirt beautiful enough that I'd like to wear it. Hmm, not made to appeal to me? Ok, what about rolex watches. Never seen a rolex watch beautiful enough that I want to wear it, so rolex watches must be shit.

I do not owe comedians laughs. They are trying to make me laugh, I am not trying to laugh. That's why people give them money, views, etc. While a comedian can hire people to give him laughs, that's cretainly not the case here. So I'm not failing for not laughing.

They don't owe it to you to make you laugh either. It's not like you can go there, not laugh, and ask for your money back. If they have not told you that they would do anything they didn't do, then they have delivered their end of the bargain. No honest entertainer will ever garantuee 100% satisfaction of their audience. It's impossible. Nobody is talking about failing, if this actually how you think about it, then you clearly have a very weird idea about taste that doesn't connect to how it actually works.

It's silly to believe in a conspiracy of people holding their laughter just to be mean. If a comedian can't make people laugh then ovbiously he sucks at it.

If a comedian can't make you laugh doesn't mean he can't make people laugh. Just not all the people. We already established that Rihanna and Britney don't suck even though not the entire world likes them. People have different tastes. Some like to listen to jazz, others to heavy metal. Does the jazz singer suck at his job as a musician because their work doesn't appeal to some people? That's a silly thing to say.

It's not about witholding laughter consiously, but rather, peoples prejudice and preconceived ideas will influence their experience. It's possible, but unlikely that a KKK member will sit through a dave chapelle show, and walk out at the other end going like omg this was the funniest stuff ever. It's much more likely that his prejudice will prevent him from enjoying the show. He doesn't walk into the show with an open and honest perception.

On a different level, but the same notion really, is that whenever I watch a history show, I think historical accuracy is a plus and inaccuracy bugs me and makes me appreciate a show less. when the show Vikings came out, I enjoyed it a lot because they had quite historically accurate battle scenes. But as the show became more famous and they wanted to appeal to a bigger audience, they threw historical accuracy overboard in favor of spectacle. it's not their fault that I don't like that latter type of stuff, that's simply my personality. Neither is it my fault that they like to make more money and have more viewers. That's simply business. But they can't both appeal to me who wants accuracy, and to the larger audience who wants spectacle while still having the same budget.

Weve already establishedthat you dont need to appeal to everyone in order to be succesful. This means that the individual judgment, either positive or negative, is not meaningful sec. So the question is what makes you think you are different? Why do you present yourself in this thread as if your approval is the end all judgment and crowning achievement of a female comedians work? You ask for videos as if you liking or disliking the video says anything directly meaningful.

Okay, I get your point, and I don't think we disagree much.
Tuvalu gibson
Ninja
ECL Reigning Champs

Post by gibson »

@deleted_user good luck
Nauru Dolan
Ninja

Post by Dolan »

Dude, look, I haven't read much thru the thread replies, so I'm just gonna say this:

This is nothing new. Researchers have known for decades that humour is a sexually dimorphic trait and it's most likely dependent on the the influence of testosterone on the organisation of brain circuitry.

I remember when I was talking to some neuroscientist on Facebook (like a few years ago), when I was still using that shit, about humour. My theory on humour was that it was a form of aggression, at its most basic level, though obviously filtered through cultural cues, semantic fabrics and, ultimately, it was a violation of outcome expectation in speech. But the purpose of humour was putting oneself in a position of controlling the semantics of the narrative context, distorting it to the point where you create enough tension for a humorous discharge to take place (when people realise the seriousness of how the whole story was staged was fake). His theory on humour said that it was a rhythmic discharge of accumulated anxiety. Now I think these theories looked at the same phenomenon from different sides, just like in the blind men and the elephant parable.

If my theory was correct, or even close to empirical data on sexual dimorphic traits in male and female brains, then testosterone does play a role in humour. If not, I still think it's not a coincidence that behaviourally we see more men cracking jokes and getting a social effect out of it than women.

If you want to argue the empirical underpinnings of this, go ahead. But you'd have a lot to explain in how a neutral theory of humour would not be related to sexual dimorphism in the brain. And that would match social observation on that.
Great Britain thomasgreen6
Lancer
ESO: Thomasgreen6

Post by thomasgreen6 »

I will give you 1 Like for each joke you tell me that makes me laugh.

The rules:

Under 20 words per joke.

No jokes about politics, national identity or Sir Callen.
'I'm gonna win this and I'm just gonna enjoy it' - Tibia 2k18

http://www.Twitch.tv/thomasgreen6
No Flag deleted_user
Ninja

Post by deleted_user »

>tfw as tasteless as political and nationalist jokes
Canada Jam
Jaeger
ESO: Hyperactive Jam

Post by Jam »

lejend wrote:
Research indicates that the endorsement of sexist ideology is linked to higher subjective wellbeing for both men and women. We examine gender differences in the rationalisations which drive this effect in an egalitarian nation (New Zealand). Results from a nationally representative sample (N=6,100) indicated that the endorsement of Benevolent Sexism (BS) predicted life satisfaction through different mechanisms for men and women. For men, BS was directly associated with life satisfaction. For women, the palliative effect of BS was indirect and occurred because BS-ideology positioning women as deserving of men’s adoration and protection was linked to general perceptions of gender relations as fair and equitable, which in turn predicted greater levels of life satisfaction...

The increase in life satisfaction is one such quality which makes the ideology particularly palatable. BS is not typically categorised as a ‘sexist’ or ‘prejudicial’ set of attitudes (Barreto and Ellemers 2005). In fact BS presents ideals which are often viewed as appealing. On average, women rate descriptions of benevolently sexist men as more attractive than men described as
hostilely sexist, and in some cases as more attractive than non-sexists (Bohner et al. 2010; Killianski and Rudman 1998).
Classic. If you quote journal abstracts you should at least have read the articles to actually understand their context and conclusions to ensure they actually support the argument you are trying to make.

Here are the articles you have quoted for everyone to read if they are interested:

http://www.jeffhughes.ca/storage/Hammon ... sexism.pdf
https://sci-hub.tw/10.1007/s11199-009-9712-7
No Flag deleted_user
Ninja

Post by deleted_user »

I like this Effort Jam.