This is for discussions about news, politics, sports, other games, culture, philosophy etc.

What should I do regarding the cockroaches?

Allow the exterminator's poison to continue working (he is coming back once a month presumably forever)
0
No votes
Caulk up the gaps to prevent new ones from coming (these first two are not mutually exclusive tbh)
3
10%
Burn the fucking house down
7
23%
Refuse to pay the landlord rent because there are fucking cockroaches
3
10%
Wipe away the poison and try to form a positive relationship with the cockroaches (for example, they could be convinced to defend the house against possible intruders)
7
23%
Leave some dead roaches on the counter to scare new ones from appearing
0
No votes
Lock my cats in the kitchen and order them to hunt down any cockroaches they see
2
7%
Yell at the landlord again because seriously this is ridiculous
6
20%
Well?
2
7%
 
Total votes: 30

User avatar
Tuvalu gibson
Gendarme
Posts: 7718
Location: USA

24 Mar 2018, 20:18

Daddys Soul Doughnut wrote:Today is your lucky day. Just use combat max roach gel. One tube of this stuff is all you need. Place some gel in areas of infestation and within a couple days your roach problem will be gone.

It tastes like a super tasty snack to the roach and doesn't kill them until hours after they eat it. So later they die back in their nest. The poison is so potent that any roach that nibbles on the dead roach (a guaranteed touch behavior) will also die.

I hate roaches. This stuff works miracles though. Never seen it fail.
Im half mast
User avatar
No Flag fightinfrenchman
Jaeger
Donator 03
Posts: 4617

06 Apr 2018, 01:37

Update: The exterminator is coming back in a little over a week but I no longer see any roaches, alive or dead. The kitchen is clean!
User avatar
Netherlands dietschlander
Lancer
Posts: 736
Location: Dietschland

06 Apr 2018, 13:29

Yea! Bashment ppls health is safe again
Theres going to be a dam, the great dam and we'll let the beavers pay for it - Edeholland 2016
Anyway, nuancing isn't your forte, so I'll agree with you like I would with a 8 year old: violence is bad, don't do hard drugs and stay in school Benj98
User avatar
Armenia Sargsyan
Howdah
Posts: 1021
ESO: Sargsyan
Location: Armenia
GameRanger ID: 2106182

06 Apr 2018, 13:54

Opening turkish consulate in your house could help
Image
User avatar
No Flag fightinfrenchman
Jaeger
Donator 03
Posts: 4617

22 Apr 2018, 03:47

So the exterminator sprayed again like a week ago, and at that point I hadn't seen any roaches in weeks. However just minutes ago I saw another one! I would say it was small-to-medium sized.
User avatar
Kiribati SirCallen
Gendarme
Posts: 6318
ESO: KTRAlN
Location: Midwest best west

22 Apr 2018, 03:52

fightinfrenchman wrote:So the exterminator sprayed again like a week ago, and at that point I hadn't seen any roaches in weeks. However just minutes ago I saw another one! I would say it was small-to-medium sized.

Eat the bodies of your enemies to absorb their strength and swing the balance of energy two fold.
thank god for threads
and good screws
User avatar
Argentina AraGun
Dragoon
Posts: 465
ESO: AraGun_OP
Location: Buenos Aires

22 Apr 2018, 03:59

You cant blame your landlord for this.. He didnt invite them over for dinner (you did by leaving crumbs out) cockroaches have been around before humans, and there are more of them than us. You will never fully be rid of them. They will out survive humanity.
No Flag ProjectW
Musketeer
Posts: 58
ESO: ProjectW

22 Apr 2018, 04:58

AraGun wrote:You cant blame your landlord for this.. He didnt invite them over for dinner (you did by leaving crumbs out) cockroaches have been around before humans, and there are more of them than us. You will never fully be rid of them. They will out survive humanity.


Spoken like a shitty landlord.
User avatar
United States of America evilcheadar
Jaeger
Posts: 3714
Location: USA

22 Apr 2018, 05:03

You need to introduce species that will eat the roaches. Iguana and toad for example.
A post not made is a post given away

A slushie a day keeps the refill thread at bay

Jackson Pollock was the best poster to ever to post on these forums
User avatar
No Flag fightinfrenchman
Jaeger
Donator 03
Posts: 4617

22 Apr 2018, 09:29

AraGun wrote:You cant blame your landlord for this.. He didnt invite them over for dinner (you did by leaving crumbs out) cockroaches have been around before humans, and there are more of them than us. You will never fully be rid of them. They will out survive humanity.


The exterminator said this species is attracted to water actually, and due to our dumbass upstairs neighbors who have let things overflow and leak down into our apartment there is water in the wallsh, so in that sense the landlord has some responsibility. I'm sure there is mold too but I don't want it to get tested as I would be forced to take refuge somewhere else.
User avatar
No Flag fightinfrenchman
Jaeger
Donator 03
Posts: 4617

21 May 2018, 15:01

So we haven't had any issues with the roaches in a while however ants have started to appear, probably slipped through "the cracks" of the recently reinstalled window A/c unit. The exterminator just came and I told him about the ants. He laughed and didn't offer any help. After he left a single ant crawled across the counter in a taunting way
User avatar
Kiribati SirCallen
Gendarme
Posts: 6318
ESO: KTRAlN
Location: Midwest best west

21 May 2018, 15:10

Throw your trash away and clean up your food, pig.
thank god for threads
and good screws
User avatar
Netherlands momuuu
Ninja
Posts: 13655
Location: Utrecht, The Netherlands

21 May 2018, 15:11

fightinfrenchman wrote:So we haven't had any issues with the roaches in a while however ants have started to appear, probably slipped through "the cracks" of the recently reinstalled window A/c unit. The exterminator just came and I told him about the ants. He laughed and didn't offer any help. After he left a single ant crawled across the counter in a taunting way

Ants can get in just about any building. If you don't clean your house properly, you will have ants.

One time I threw a weekend of parties and then on sunday wanted to clean the house. The staints of booze on the floor had attracted quite the colony of ants (they seemed somewhat drunk tbh). To get rid of them, I just took out the vacuum cleaner and vacuumed them, then cleaned the house and done. ez.

"When life give you incompetence, participate in the betting" - Jerom, winner of autumn betting, 2016
"but wer eyiu playig a gainst someone as magnificent as jerom? thats wha ti thogutb jerom is a beaaitful human being"- Mr_Bramboy
User avatar
India gh0st
Lancer
Posts: 681
ESO: gh0st007
Location: India

21 May 2018, 15:43

Call the pest control guys. Just make sure those guys don't cook meth in your absence yo.
User avatar
No Flag fightinfrenchman
Jaeger
Donator 03
Posts: 4617

21 May 2018, 16:29

SirCallen wrote:Throw your trash away and clean up your food, pig.


I didn't see any loose food, but perhaps the ants are attracted to dead cockroaches in the wallsh
User avatar
Netherlands momuuu
Ninja
Posts: 13655
Location: Utrecht, The Netherlands

21 May 2018, 16:45

fightinfrenchman wrote:
SirCallen wrote:Throw your trash away and clean up your food, pig.


I didn't see any loose food, but perhaps the ants are attracted to dead cockroaches in the wallsh

Actually very plausible. Ants definitely eat meat. When I'd go camping with my parents we'd often end up with ants attacking our refrigerator as it wouldn't lock properly. Weirdly enough, out of all substances to choose for, they'd always end up going for the ham.

"When life give you incompetence, participate in the betting" - Jerom, winner of autumn betting, 2016
"but wer eyiu playig a gainst someone as magnificent as jerom? thats wha ti thogutb jerom is a beaaitful human being"- Mr_Bramboy
User avatar
No Flag fightinfrenchman
Jaeger
Donator 03
Posts: 4617

21 May 2018, 17:04

Just found out it was actually my dad's coffee machine, they wanted the water in it. That may have been what led the roaches here as well.
User avatar
No Flag fightinfrenchman
Jaeger
Donator 03
Posts: 4617

09 Jul 2018, 03:35

So, despite monthly visits from the exterminator, I just saw another damn "roach." It was in the bathroom as opposed to the kitchen this time, leading credence to the exterminator's suggestion that this type of roach is attracted to water rather than food. Either way, I'll be sure to tell him about it next time.
User avatar
United States of America Hidddy_
ESOC Community Team
Posts: 374
ESO: Hidalgito
Location: Miami, Florida, USA

09 Jul 2018, 03:50

Well perhaps they are coming in from the outside and you have a crack that is letting them in :hmm:
De Funk
User avatar
No Flag fightinfrenchman
Jaeger
Donator 03
Posts: 4617

09 Jul 2018, 03:51

Hidddy_ wrote:Well perhaps they are coming in from the outside and you have a crack that is letting them in :hmm:


Well we sealed the cracks in the kitchen, didn't check the bathroom though. There's only one window and I don't see any nice roach openings in it
User avatar
No Flag ovi12
Jaeger
Posts: 4040

09 Jul 2018, 05:57

fightinfrenchman wrote:
Hidddy_ wrote:Well perhaps they are coming in from the outside and you have a crack that is letting them in :hmm:


Well we sealed the cracks in the kitchen, didn't check the bathroom though. There's only one window and I don't see any nice roach openings in it

When I had a roach problem the exterminator didn't spray, he put out what he called "bait". It was just little drops of a paste he had. After a few days, I saw the cockoroaches behaving eratically (running in circles), being slower, and more reaction time. And after about 2 weeks I never saw one again. They guy put the bait behind the over and fridge; he said they like warm places because that's where they like to lay their eggs.
last time i cryed was because i stood on Lego
User avatar
France [Armag] diarouga
Gendarme
Posts: 6860
Location: France

09 Jul 2018, 06:03

Make tanks and maraudeurs to counter roaches. You might need to wall, build a few bunkers and train a banshee if he goes full all in.
"Everyone knows that blowing infantry to shreds with heavy cannons is the most satisfying way to win." Boneng
India Ashvin
Howdah
Posts: 1601
ESO: Octanium

09 Jul 2018, 07:04

My house is clean and I never found any insect in here
Image
No Flag Radix_Lecti
Dragoon
Posts: 403

09 Jul 2018, 13:23

I live 10 stories high and even I got creepy crawlies, you just didn't look in the right spots.
User avatar
United States of America Hidddy_
ESOC Community Team
Posts: 374
ESO: Hidalgito
Location: Miami, Florida, USA

09 Jul 2018, 14:01

ovi12 wrote:
fightinfrenchman wrote:
Hidddy_ wrote:Well perhaps they are coming in from the outside and you have a crack that is letting them in :hmm:


Well we sealed the cracks in the kitchen, didn't check the bathroom though. There's only one window and I don't see any nice roach openings in it

When I had a roach problem the exterminator didn't spray, he put out what he called "bait". It was just little drops of a paste he had. After a few days, I saw the cockoroaches behaving eratically (running in circles), being slower, and more reaction time. And after about 2 weeks I never saw one again. They guy put the bait behind the over and fridge; he said they like warm places because that's where they like to lay their eggs.

That makes sense, my dad always told me to watch out for roaches near appliances and in the bathroom. Plus there's a good amount of surface area in our homes that's covered up which insects use to survive.

Also forgot to mention, I purchased one of those wall outlet anti-roach devices and it's worked pretty well for me. Maybe you can also try this? @fightinfrenchman
De Funk

Forum Info

Return to “Real-life Discussion”



Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests