Tennis

This is for discussions about news, politics, sports, other games, culture, philosophy etc.
Serbia sirmusket
Jaeger
ESO: ModernDayWarri0r

Re: AOE3 season ?

Post by sirmusket »

flontier wrote:Hey, I don't know if it's realizable but I have an idea to suggest :

For those who see how atp ranking in tennis works, it would be nice to do something similar to make the game a little more "competitive" or simply more interesting.

Create an aoe season and organize one-day tournaments like the last, several times a year and for example a big tournament like esoc tournament to conclude the season. Each tournament would give a certain number of points to players based on their results :
For exemple : winner = 1000 pts, second 600, third 300 etc... ( then for the big tournament, winner : 3000 points, 1800 etc....)

And a ranking system like the tennis atp ranking (go check wiki to see how it works).

This ranking after several tournaments would also allow a much better seed for the players and the following tournaments because it shows much better the level of players in tournament than the current ladder.

Who will be the Roger Federer of AOE3 ?

As much as I love Tennis, the system isn't the best. What I mean by this is if you're defending a title and you win it again you don't get any points, I hope that wouldn't be the case with your idea here, because that wouldn't make any sense. But still what you have said is a pretty cool idea with some tweaks in the how the ranking system will operate e.c.t
PS: Novak Djokovic 2015 > Roger Federer anyday. Idk what the fuck he is doing now tho
Croatia gryphoon94
Skirmisher
ESO: GRYPHOON

Post by gryphoon94 »

sirmusket wrote:
flontier wrote:Hey, I don't know if it's realizable but I have an idea to suggest :

For those who see how atp ranking in tennis works, it would be nice to do something similar to make the game a little more "competitive" or simply more interesting.

Create an aoe season and organize one-day tournaments like the last, several times a year and for example a big tournament like esoc tournament to conclude the season. Each tournament would give a certain number of points to players based on their results :
For exemple : winner = 1000 pts, second 600, third 300 etc... ( then for the big tournament, winner : 3000 points, 1800 etc....)

And a ranking system like the tennis atp ranking (go check wiki to see how it works).

This ranking after several tournaments would also allow a much better seed for the players and the following tournaments because it shows much better the level of players in tournament than the current ladder.

As much as I love Tennis, the system isn't the best. What I mean by this is if you're defending a title and you win it again you don't get any points, I hope that wouldn't be the case with your idea here, because that wouldn't make any sense. But still a cool idea imo.
PS: Novak Djokovic 2015 > Roger Federer anyday. Idk what the fuck he is doing now tho

It's simple mate. Just follow these rankings http://www.espn.com/tennis/rankings . Currently, Djokovic is ranked 13. He used to be good, but time has passed him by.
"I only used Moesbar for 2 years, that's not even long" - SirMusket
Croatia gryphoon94
Skirmisher

Post by gryphoon94 »

I don't really agree with the top 3 right now. IMO it should be 1. Federer 2. Cilic 3. Nadal. (Based on recent performance/overall form).
Serbia sirmusket
Jaeger

Post by sirmusket »

gryphoon94 wrote:
sirmusket wrote:

As much as I love Tennis, the system isn't the best. What I mean by this is if you're defending a title and you win it again you don't get any points, I hope that wouldn't be the case with your idea here, because that wouldn't make any sense. But still a cool idea imo.

It's simple mate. Just follow these rankings http://www.espn.com/tennis/rankings . Currently, Djokovic is ranked 13. He used to be good, but time has passed him by.

Lol literally 4 of the top 10 players atm have won slams. Murray/Djoker both aren't in top 10 because of injuries and absences. You clearly don't follow the sport enough to understand, can't blame you.
Croatia gryphoon94
Skirmisher

Post by gryphoon94 »

sirmusket wrote:
gryphoon94 wrote:
Show hidden quotes

Lol literally 4 of the top 10 players atm have won slams. Murray/Djoker both aren't in top 10 because of injuries and absences. You clearly don't follow the sport enough to understand, can't blame you.

Quit living in the past Musket, Djokivic's time is long gone. He'll excel in Serbian politics. He used to be good. Emphasis on the past tense.
Serbia sirmusket
Jaeger

Post by sirmusket »

gryphoon94 wrote:
sirmusket wrote:
Show hidden quotes

Quit living in the past Musket, Djokivic's time is long gone. He'll excel in Serbian politics. He used to be good. Emphasis on the past tense.

rofl, you're acting like he is 40 not 30. He was fittest athlete in the world in 2015. You don't even know this sport, he will be back. Don't worry. Nadal was nowhere in rankings for like 1.5yrs and came back. Let alone Djokovic who was most dominant player in tennis history in 2015.
Croatia gryphoon94
Skirmisher

Post by gryphoon94 »

sirmusket wrote:
gryphoon94 wrote:
Show hidden quotes

rofl, you're acting like he is 40 not 30. He was fittest athlete in the world in 2015. You don't even know this sport, he will be back. Don't worry. Nadal was nowhere in rankings for like 1.5yrs and came back. Let alone Djokovic who was most dominant player in tennis history in 2015.

Quit assuming, Musket. I watch tennis religiously. Lets fact check. How did Novak Djokovic do in his last major tournament appearance (Australian Open 2018)? He lost to this guy, https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Chung_Hyeon. 21 year old, Chung Hyeon, who is currently ranked 264. That wasn't a typo. You read that correctly. Ranked two hundred sixty four. It is tough to let go of formerly good players, but his time is up. He is no where near the same skill level as the top 3: Raffa Nadal, Marin Cilic, & Roger Federer.
Serbia sirmusket
Jaeger

Post by sirmusket »

gryphoon94 wrote:
sirmusket wrote:
Show hidden quotes

Quit assuming, Musket. I watch tennis religiously. Lets fact check. How did Novak Djokovic do in his last major tournament appearance (Australian Open 2018)? He lost to this guy, https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Chung_Hyeon. 21 year old, Chung Hyeon, who is currently ranked 264. That wasn't a typo. You read that correctly. Ranked two hundred sixty four. It is tough to let go of formerly good players, but his time is up. He is no where near the same skill level as the top 3: Raffa Nadal, Marin Cilic, & Roger Federer.

Dude Cilic is literally a fluke quit mentioning him you Croatian Nationalist he isn't even top 50 of all time.
Croatia gryphoon94
Skirmisher

Post by gryphoon94 »

sirmusket wrote:
gryphoon94 wrote:
Show hidden quotes

Dude Cilic is literally a fluke quit mentioning him you Croatian Nationalist he isn't even top 50 of all time.

He competes against the best right now, just beat Raf. Nadal, and plays regularly in the finals against Federer. Phenomenal logic, Musket. https://www.google.ca/search?client=saf ... OfX4G1o6gN
Netherlands edeholland
ESOC Community Team
Donator 01
ESO: edeholland
GameRanger ID: 4053888
Clan: ESOC

Tennis

Post by edeholland »

Again, posts from a derailed thread have been moved here by me. Hope you guys are fine with that. :flowers:
Serbia sirmusket
Jaeger

Post by sirmusket »

gryphoon94 wrote:
sirmusket wrote:
Show hidden quotes

He competes against the best right now, just beat Raf. Nadal, and plays regularly in the finals against Federer. Phenomenal logic, Musket. https://www.google.ca/search?client=saf ... OfX4G1o6gN

Wow competes with a 36 year old Federer and an injured Nadal, he would have lost last semi's btw if Nadal wasn't injured, I guess you didn't watch. Still 2 measly slams vs 12 , and most ATP titles. Not even close.
Croatia gryphoon94
Skirmisher

Re: Tennis

Post by gryphoon94 »

edeholland wrote:Again, posts from a derailed thread have been moved here by me. Hope you guys are fine with that. :flowers:

Sorry about that. Just proving musket wrong with facts rather than opinion, as per usual. :hehe:
Croatia gryphoon94
Skirmisher

Post by gryphoon94 »

sirmusket wrote:
gryphoon94 wrote:
Show hidden quotes

Wow competes with a 36 year old Federer and an injured Nadal, he would have lost last semi's btw if Nadal wasn't injured, I guess you didn't watch. Still 2 measly slams vs 12 , and most ATP titles. Not even close.

He won the US open in 2014 and is fresh off a Wimbledon final against arguably the greatest tennis player ever. Furthermore, he met the goat (Federer) again in the finals of the 2018 Australian Open. He has broken into great discussion.
Serbia sirmusket
Jaeger

Post by sirmusket »

gryphoon94 wrote:
sirmusket wrote:
Show hidden quotes

He won the US open in 2014 and is fresh off a Wimbledon final against arguably the greatest tennis player ever. Furthermore, he met the goat (Federer) again in the finals of the 2018 Australian Open. He has broken into great discussion.

haha you're such a troll. What are you even talking about, did you just completely ignore everything I just said? RAPAHA WAS INJURED, 2018 Aus Open, that's the only reason he got to finals, only to get absolutely dismantled by Roger. US Open finals he played vs Nishikori, someone who has yet to enter top 5 and win a slam. Noone talks about Cilic as there is nothing to be said.., he is a lucky guy who managed to accumulate 2 titles through his career. You can't even begin to compare Novak to such a low. Novak is in the discussion of being greatest ever, not being better than a 2 time fluke and nobody lol.
Croatia gryphoon94
Skirmisher

Post by gryphoon94 »

sirmusket wrote:
gryphoon94 wrote:
Show hidden quotes

haha you're such a troll. What are you even talking about, did you just completely ignore everything I just said? RAPAHA WAS INJURED, 2018 Aus Open, that's the only reason he got to finals, only to get absolutely dismantled by Roger. US Open finals he played vs Nishikori, someone who has yet to enter top 5 and win a slam. Noone talks about Cilic as there is nothing to be said.., he is a lucky guy who managed to accumulate 2 titles through his career. You can't even begin to compare Novak to such a low. Novak is in the discussion of being greatest ever, not being better than a 2 time fluke and nobody lol.

Hey if you're going to argue with rankings there is nothing more I can say. Right now cilic is significantly better than djokovic according to official tennis rankings. Popular opinion is that Djokovic's time is over
Serbia sirmusket
Jaeger

Post by sirmusket »

gryphoon94 wrote:
sirmusket wrote:
Show hidden quotes

Hey if you're going to argue with rankings there is nothing more I can say. Right now cilic is significantly better than djokovic according to official tennis rankings. Popular opinion is that Djokovic's time is over

You don't look at who is better based on current rankings and disregard 12 Slam titles 68 ATP Titles, only a completely delusional troll, like yourself, can do that. Out!
Croatia gryphoon94
Skirmisher

Post by gryphoon94 »

sirmusket wrote:
gryphoon94 wrote:
Show hidden quotes

You don't look at who is better based on current rankings and disregard 12 Slam titles 68 ATP Titles, only a completely delusional troll, like yourself, can do that. Out!

Relevant:
https://truestressmanagement.com/how-to ... -the-past/
Serbia sirmusket
Jaeger

Post by sirmusket »

gryphoon94 wrote:
sirmusket wrote:
Show hidden quotes

Relevant:

Relevant:
http://www.talkingbaws.com/2017/02/four ... er-player/
Croatia gryphoon94
Skirmisher

Post by gryphoon94 »

sirmusket wrote:
gryphoon94 wrote:
Show hidden quotes

Relevant:

Relevant:

Who has more slams, Federer or Djoker?
Serbia sirmusket
Jaeger

Post by sirmusket »

gryphoon94 wrote:
sirmusket wrote:
Show hidden quotes

Relevant:

HAHA, now you care about facts, a moment ago you were completely ignoring the fact that Novak has 12 slames and Cilic 2. You're completely delusional and hypocritical. Novak has fewer slams than Federer although has played in a much harder era, look who Federer had to verse in Finals, not to mention Novak holds a Positive Head to Head record against all 3 Fed/Nadal/Murray.
Between 2003 and 2007, Federer won 12 slams. Three came against Andy Roddick, who admits he is one of the worst ever players to hold the no.1 ranking. One came against Lleyton Hewitt, who faded dramatically as tennis evolved into the physical, baseline-dominated game it has become. Three came against Mark Philippoussis, Marat Safin and Marcos Baghdatis, who were ranked 48th, 86th and 54th in the world respectively when Federer beat them in a final. He also beat a 35-year-old Andre Agassi in what was his last appearance in a major final, got two wins against an emerging-yet-still-raw Nadal, and beat Djokovic in 2007, when the Serb was an entirely different player to what he is now. Since 2007, Federer has won just five slams, with another coming against Roddick, while he also clinched his only French Open title against the-then world no.25 Robin Soderling, who prevented the Swiss from having to beat Nadal on clay (something which Djokovic has since managed.)

BOOM FACTS SCIENCE!
Croatia gryphoon94
Skirmisher

Post by gryphoon94 »

sirmusket wrote:
gryphoon94 wrote:
Show hidden quotes

HAHA, now you care about facts, a moment ago you were completely ignoring the fact that Novak has 12 slames and Cilic 2. You're completely delusional and hypocritical. Novak has fewer slams than Federer although has played in a much harder era, look who Federer had to verse in Finals, not to mention Novak holds a Positive Head to Head record against all 3 Fed/Nadal/Murray.

The discussion has changed to GOAT talk. You think Djoker is the Goat, I can prove you wrong with 1 question.
Who has more Grand Slams? Djoker or Federer
Serbia sirmusket
Jaeger

Post by sirmusket »

gryphoon94 wrote:
sirmusket wrote:
Show hidden quotes

The discussion has changed to GOAT talk. You think Djoker is the Goat, I can prove you wrong with 1 question.

Read ^
Croatia gryphoon94
Skirmisher

Post by gryphoon94 »

sirmusket wrote:
gryphoon94 wrote:
Show hidden quotes

Read ^

I read it, still waiting for you to come to me with the correct answer.
Serbia sirmusket
Jaeger

Post by sirmusket »

gryphoon94 wrote:
sirmusket wrote:
Show hidden quotes

Read ^

I read it, still waiting for you to come to me with the correct answer.

You didn't read a word, and that is the answer, Novak played all his slam finals but 2 , vs Feder/Nadal/Murray , Federer had 12 easy runs.
Serbia sirmusket
Jaeger

Re: Tennis

Post by sirmusket »

Typical Croatians, they have nothing of their own so they suck Federe's dick because they are jealous of the better Serbs. That's fine by me though :D