Dreams

This is for discussions about news, politics, sports, other games, culture, philosophy etc.
No Flag fightinfrenchman
Ninja
Donator 04

Re: Dreams

Post by fightinfrenchman »

Hahaha I'm still laughing at the dishwasher image. What the hell is wrong with me
Dromedary Scone Mix is not Alone Mix
No Flag fightinfrenchman
Ninja
Donator 04

Had multiple strange dreams last night, but the only one I clearly remember right now is that @evilcheadar and @gustavusadolphus along with a bunch of other randos came to my house to have a weird party on my backyard deck which doesn't exist in real life. We all got wasted and in the morning had some weird drink made of watermelon juice and tomatoes. Also in this reality humans didn't have live birth but instead laid weird, soft eggs which "hatched" after a few months. I specifically remember this somehow impacting the debate over abortion but I don't remember how.

I also remember being in an airport at one point but I didn't go through security and all I did was try to buy a pair of shoes, but when I told the salesman I was a size 10.5 they thought I said 15 for some reason and I had to literally chase them down to explain that they misheard. Also my old solfege professor was there for some reason

EDIT: Just remember another weird detail. one of the people at the weird party was someone I used to work with years ago named Connor. The day after the party he kept talking about some disease he had and how he was worried about it. I remember it was a real disease but can't remember what it was; however, he kept talking about how he was afraid his neck would randomly break, which is not a symptom of the disease (or any disease as far as i know). At one point I looked at my leg and it had a bunch of bug bites and I wondered if I had the same disease which makes no sense.
No Flag fightinfrenchman
Ninja
Donator 04

The other night I had a dream about Thanksgiving. Basically I had to do a "speedrun" of cooking a Thanksgiving dinner (which isn't how cooking works) and I would get some reward. But there were weird obstacles in my way, like at one point I had to walk through a snowy forest at night, but it wasn't actually a snowy forest it was like a movie set or something (was still cold though). At one point I had to hop between a bunch of houses that were mostly underwater, with just the roofs sticking out of it. This dream was partially inspired by some cooking videos I've watched recently for turkeys.
No Flag fightinfrenchman
Ninja
Donator 04

I had a dream where I saw what I thought was a nuclear bomb go off. I very clearly remember seeing the mushroom cloud, and I pulled out my phone and tried texting my loved ones before my inevitable death, but my finger kept dragging across the screen, resulting in many typoes. Shortly after this there was a time skip 6 months into the future, and it turns out it wasn't a nuclear bomb but some weird visual trick, and people made fun of me for thinking we were all about to die despite everybody who was with me at the time also thinking it was the end. It was very strange.
No Flag fightinfrenchman
Ninja
Donator 04

Also the night before this I had a very bizarre dream where I was somehow wrapped up in the Donald Trump impeachment probe, because I worked for him and had been contacting random Ukranian businessmen. Also somebody I know was suddenly dying of cancer and proposed to me because they wanted to get married before they died (I think I agreed to it).
United States of America Amsel_
Howdah
ESO: The_Amsel

Post by Amsel_ »

I had a pretty weird one last night. My mouth was super messed up. My tongue was swollen, blistered, and kind of flat. My teeth were so deformed that you could see the shape of them poking through my skin. I puked up some sort of black liquid and my entire mouth stayed black.
Nauru Dolan
Ninja

Post by Dolan »

I dreamt I had a trailer truck I left outside before going to sleep. Then at some moment, early morning, I woke up, looked through the window and saw it was blocking the driveway for a couple of cars in the parking lot. I could vaguely see someone pushing (?) the trailer back a bit to get their car out. I was like: huh, how did they do that, my trailer is massive. I went back to sleep.

Woke up later and saw the trailer truck was gone.
No Flag fightinfrenchman
Ninja
Donator 04

Had a dream last night that I was having some kind of alcoholic drink, then Bob Dylan appeared and got mad at me because it wasn't his whiskey.
Tokelau jesus3
Jaeger

Post by jesus3 »

I recall dreaming of myself actually getting good sleep, being able to relax
No Flag fightinfrenchman
Ninja
Donator 04

jesus3 wrote:I recall dreaming of myself actually getting good sleep, being able to relax
That sounds boring
Tokelau jesus3
Jaeger

Post by jesus3 »

fightinfrenchman wrote:
jesus3 wrote:I recall dreaming of myself actually getting good sleep, being able to relax
That sounds boring
While it may be kinda boring, it displayed my recent problems to actually feel refreshed after sleep
Canada Jam
Jaeger
ESO: Hyperactive Jam

Post by Jam »

All dreams are nightmare fuel, it just depends if you get ignition.
Howdah

Post by Amsel_ »

I had great sleep last night. Can't remember any of the dreams I had, but I know I had three.
Howdah

Post by Amsel_ »

I had a pretty big dream tonight. I was in a college class, the professor was creating a library of some sorts in the class room.

He said we could put our own books there. For whatever reason, I brought a bunch of books I liked, and even a fake-book that was actually a safe full of valuables. A guy also randomly bought me something that was 37 dollars, for the class, despite the class being close to done. I think he was expecting me to retake the class next semester. Anyways. I scoured the library the next day looking for the books, but only found the safe. This was all mid-class mind you. I found some non-existent books such as: "Lyric and Rhythm" by Milton, "Music as Voice" by Wagner, and some book I don't remember the name from by William Blake. Something interesting about these books was that some of them weren't books. They were foam tablets with ink words on them, making them 1-4 pages max. By the time I got back to class, it had ended. There was now a fencing class there. Some of them were fencing each other, some of them had a bunch of wires, and a VR headset that allowed them to practice online. Walking out of the classroom, the library also now had fencers in it.

I left the class room. Some classmates said it was super windy by the water. (This was supposed to be my campus, but my campus wasn't by the water.) I walked with them. Along the way I saw some people playing a weird form tennis; the tennis ball could bounce off the ground, and they were able to play it in an area with grass, concrete, and cliffs. We approached a bay and these people were right. It was extremely windy. I was ecstatic. I was jumping up and down in joy in the wind, as the class mates went in the water. When I jumped up, the wind would actually push me slightly backwards. But I had something to do, this thing was never specified in the dream. Nevertheless I didn't join them in the water, and began making my way back.

On my way back I saw a beach, with tons of students swimming. I walked a bit closer to look. One of them shouted "Hey Amsel, can you toss me some American Mike's slippers?" I was confused at what he was asking, but I looked around and saw a pile of rubbery shoes. They were halfway in between crocs and those fins you wear on your feat to swim quickly. There were several of these on the ground. I turned back to him and shouted: "What brand?" He quickly replied: "American Mike's." I paused for a moment, and proceed to say "I mean what size." He gave some incoherent response that gave me the impression that the size wasn't important. I grabbed two of these shoes and faced the water. I threw the first one straight at him... it hit him on the head. He feel silent for a brief period, but responded with a monotone, sarcastic "Thaaanks." I threw the second shoe, but missed badly; it only covered half the distance between me and him before falling into the water. At this point all the other students were laughing, and thought it was funny that we wouldn't get these shoes.

I turned back to the pile to grab more, but some girl ran up and sprawled out on the ground, covering them underneath her, and trying to stop me from throwing him the shoes. I noticed a pair slightly poking out from underneath her shoulders, and decided those were the easiest to get. I moved towards them, not even stopping when I realized the girl wasn't wearing a bra, so her breasts were exposed. I grabbed the shoes, and presumably succeeded in getting them to the guy, because that part of the dream ended.

I continued my trek away. I walked by those people playing tennis again. I saw some other person, wearing a lot of clothes, heading over to the water to play and swim. But, finally, I found the parking lot, and began walking down the concrete walkway to head to my car. But, for whatever reason, I was floating. I could propel myself forwards by moving my legs from sticking straight downwards to curling them backwards, behind my butt. This, presumably because of moving air around, could propel me forwards, towards the car. It was like a hovercraft mixed with a mermaid mixed with exercise equipment. I had the incredible gift of being able to move by moving my legs.

No one paid any mind to my floating through the air, and the dream ended as I entered the parking lot.
No Flag fightinfrenchman
Ninja
Donator 04

@Amsel_ American Mike's
Howdah

Post by Amsel_ »

fightinfrenchman wrote:@Amsel_ American Mike's
?
No Flag fightinfrenchman
Ninja
Donator 04

Amsel_ wrote:
?
I like that brand name
Howdah

Post by Amsel_ »

fightinfrenchman wrote:
Amsel_ wrote:
?
I like that brand name
Start a shoe company called American Mike's. Imagine how many watches you can buy with that money.
But I'll confess. I'm not entirely sure if it was "American Mike's" or "American Mavericks."
No Flag fightinfrenchman
Ninja
Donator 04

Had a dream last night that the extortionists had a second wedding just to exclude me, @evilcheadar , and @gustavusadolphus . Then I drove to my house and there happened to be an entirely different wedding taking place across the street. Also when I parked my car I also took off my shirt and threw it into another parking space. I specifically remember thinking I had to "park" my shirt
No Flag fightinfrenchman
Ninja
Donator 04

Had a dream last night that Harvey Weinstein was in my house and told us not to kick him out because be was homeless. My dad tried to punch him and I convinced him not to because he could sue us into oblivion
No Flag fightinfrenchman
Ninja
Donator 04

In one part of my dream last night I had to run across a kind of busy highway with Chris Pratt. He claimed that, in short bursts, he could run 40 mph. I told him that was impossible because Usain Bolt can only run 27 mph (I also believe this to be true irl, it wasn't just a dream thing). Anyway we both ran across and in the short time that it took to run the weather went from sunny to pouring rain
No Flag deleted_user
Ninja

Post by deleted_user »

I had a dream I was with sometime and when I woke up I wasn't. Then I cried. Then I cringed.
No Flag fightinfrenchman
Ninja
Donator 04

deleted_user wrote:I had a dream I was with sometime and when I woke up I wasn't. Then I cried. Then I cringed.
I'm having a mandela effect. I think I had this dream instead of you
No Flag fightinfrenchman
Ninja
Donator 04

I also had a dream last night that I was wearing sweatpants but I don't own any sweatpants
Howdah

Post by Amsel_ »

Does anyone else go full schizo when they're in a hypnagogic state? Last night, I would close my eyes and these vivid, unpleasant pictures flooded my inner vision. (Admittedly, one of them was this pretty cool LSD looking animation. It was like a golden flower shaped pattern spinning.) When I'd open my eyes I'd see these little splotches, or shadows for a brief moment and then they'd disappear. I also felt this weird tingling electricity go up my spine and down my right arm before dissipating.