Dreams

This is for discussions about news, politics, sports, other games, culture, philosophy etc.
France iNcog
Ninja

Re: Dreams

Post by iNcog »

-- deleted post --

Reason: on request (off-topic bulk delete)
YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/incog_aoe
Garja wrote:
20 Mar 2020, 21:46
I just hope DE is not going to implement all of the EP changes. Right now it is a big clusterfuck.
Netherlands Goodspeed
Retired Contributor

Post by Goodspeed »

I don't think he's trying to be funny, but yeah I agree. I think we know by now that you think life is over @fightinfrenchman
France iNcog
Ninja

Post by iNcog »

-- deleted post --

Reason: on request (off-topic bulk delete)
YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/incog_aoe
Garja wrote:
20 Mar 2020, 21:46
I just hope DE is not going to implement all of the EP changes. Right now it is a big clusterfuck.
No Flag deleted_user
Ninja

Post by deleted_user »

I actually have "life = over" in my tinder bio.
Netherlands Mr_Bramboy
Retired Contributor
Donator 01
ESO: [VOC] Bram

Post by Mr_Bramboy »

Suicide is funny !! Hahah look at me I'm so unique and quirky !! Please feed me attention !!
United States of America evilcheadar
Gendarme

Post by evilcheadar »

Mr_Bramboy wrote:Suicide is funny !! Hahah look at me I'm so unique and quirky !! Please feed me attention !!
It’s over for you
A post not made is a post given away

A slushie a day keeps the refill thread at bay

Jackson Pollock was the best poster to ever to post on these forums
Canada Jam
Jaeger
ESO: Hyperactive Jam

Post by Jam »

deleted_user wrote:I actually have "life = over" in my tinder bio.
Netflix and pills?
No Flag fightinfrenchman
Ninja
Donator 04

Post by fightinfrenchman »

Jam wrote:
deleted_user wrote:I actually have "life = over" in my tinder bio.
Netflix and pills?
Life = over isn't about suicide. It's referencing that you can't have a social life because everything is totally cancelled.
Dromedary Scone Mix is not Alone Mix
United States of America Amsel_
Howdah
ESO: The_Amsel

Post by Amsel_ »

I had another documentary format dream, but it was a lot worse than Indo-Arabian divine dentistry. It was about the government attacking children. They would start while they were still infants, but apparently the school system was the main vehicle for their attacks. I remember the narrator talking about how they discovered this because a lot of children had weird memories; one of the memories was "of having friends who had passed away." After this finished, things went black. I sensed fear, panic, and stress around me; though, inside I still felt fairly dull and calm. I woke up from this state lying in bed, but in sleep paralysis. I tried rolling to the side to escape it, but it was a lot harder to escape than normal - normally I can just clench my eyes shut and wake up. I remember doing this multiple times. Sometimes I'd do it, fail, and give up for a bit before trying again. Sometimes I'd succeed, but somehow wind up back in sleep paralysis. I don't know if it's possible to successfully break sleep paralysis only to immediately enter it once more by falling asleep.

After waking up, I got up to use the restroom. Then I had a strong desire to go into the kitchen and eat something sweet, these little cakes that are probably one of the most unhealthy things under the sun. I went back to bed, but couldn't get comfortable. Next, I reoriented all my pillows. Instead of having my scalp pointing towards the headboard, I turned around and had it facing away. After about an hour and a half of all of this, I finally went back to sleep. I woke up an hour later seeing this black swirling thing in my vision, but I've gotten that before so it didn't panic me as much. I just rolled over so my head was facing away from the wall, instead of towards it, and finished sleeping.
Nauru Dolan
Ninja

Post by Dolan »

I had a whole saga of a dream last night. I can still remember some slices of it, even though vaguely.
At some point I decided to go somewhere by car. But as I was driving there, I stopped somewhere and noticed there was an underground underpass next to the road. I got out of the car and went there to see where could this passage lead to.

The underpass had a really weird arrangement of stairs, most of them were very tall and abrupt and each of them had a metal handle. So you could only descend by facing the stairs and using your hands to latch on to those handles, while carefully using your feet to go from one stair to another, like climbing down a rock formation. I wanted to go check out the underpass, but I had to keep my motorbike fastened to my back (I just noticed that my car had gradually turned into a motorbike while I was driving to that underpass), I couldn't just leave it behind.

So I got in and noticed there was a lot of bustle down there. There were lots of spaces, it was like a shopping centre. But as I was going from one room to another, I noticed that there were also classrooms and teenagers who were roaming around. And I was walking around with a motorbike from one classroom to another, and then randomly through a shopping area. There was no logic to how these rooms and spaces were laid out, it was all a huge labyrinth and you could go from a jewelry store to a classroom and then pass through a hallway and enter a drugstore. Then we all got called to meet up outside: I don't know how, there was no announcement made through the sound system or through any loudspeaker. We all just somehow "knew" we were supposed to get out and meet outside. Right now.

So we all got out of the underpass and were just awkwardly sitting around a bunch of heavy machinery. There were some tracked loaders, excavators and bulldozers lying around in this big grassy yard, but nobody was handling them. We were just walking around the machines, not knowing exactly why and who actually called us up there. Nobody showed up to make any announcement, so we just assumed we were fated to be there, but we didn't know exactly why we got there in that grassy yard, next to all those heavy tractors and trucks. Everyone was just staring at the others or looking at the trucks.
No Flag RefluxSemantic
Gendarme

Post by RefluxSemantic »

Tonight I dreamt that I injured my knee again, and then that they also broke my shoulder accidentally during surgery. Then as I was in an appartment recovering from this, I started feeling sick too and suspected having corona. I then noticed an elderly man living in the appartment too, and started feeling really guilty that I'd infect him but I couldn't really get away because I was injured.

Great dream.
Howdah

Post by Amsel_ »

Rise and shine, Mr Frenchman. Rise and shine.

Not to imply you've been shitposting on the job. No one is more deserving of a break.
No Flag fightinfrenchman
Ninja
Donator 04

Had an interesting one last night. My "uncle" came to visit me, which is already kind of weird that he would come without the rest of his family, but also he wasn't actually an uncle of mine but was Robert De Niro instead. I remember thinking that he shouldn't be visiting due to the stay at home order but whatever.

We briefly visited a campground for seemingly no reason and there were some people there wearing masks.

He was driving me around Lititz, he was driving weirdly fast but for some reason I wasn't worried, I was just impressed at how well his car handled. He asked me if I had any friends who would let me "uss" their entire house for a night or two. I replied it was unlikely since everyone is staying home, and he seemed annoyed. He kept asking as he drove around and I for some reason mentioned we were near a house that someone I know used to live in, and he asked if they'd be okay with him crashing there. I told him it wasn't up to them since they don't live there anymore, and he got really annoyed. He didn't say anything else but I got the sense he had given up on me, even though I don't know why he suddenly needed a place to stay, let alone an entire house to himself. It was still daytime so it's not like he couldn't have just driven back home himself.
No Flag fightinfrenchman
Ninja
Donator 04

@Amsel_ I have no idea what that image is. Where do you people find these things
Howdah

Post by Amsel_ »

The right liebepost in the wrong thread can make all the difference in the world.
United States of America evilcheadar
Gendarme

Post by evilcheadar »

I had a dream last night which was in a 30 story high school for some reason. The structure kind of reminded me of the Millersville library. I remember confused students not being able to find their classes and showing up late because the school was inexplicably 30 stories tall with classes on random floors. I had a class near the end of the dream which was basically just drinking. We were split into groups and each group of about 5 had to down a large volume of random liquor each class period. It was some weird "project" that I didn't understand. I assumed it was trying to simulate alcoholism. I kept asking some person in my group what proof the liquor I was trying to help drink was because I didn't want to die. He finally said its 20% which I was relieved to hear as I poured myself a full cup worth. I remember thinking I can look like I'm helping my group a lot by drinking a lot of this bottle because they will have much more trouble drinking the higher proof whiskeys that our group also had to get down. I was confused as to how this class would work with the rest of my schedule as it would probably incapacitate me.
A post not made is a post given away

A slushie a day keeps the refill thread at bay

Jackson Pollock was the best poster to ever to post on these forums
No Flag fightinfrenchman
Ninja
Donator 04

Had a really weird dream where I kept going to some very specific butcher shop and trying to find something but never being able to, even though they had an extremely huge selection of obscure things. Then I was in a restaurant that kept flooding for some reason and they had to repeatedly drain it. While I was there I got into an argument with Briahna Joy Gray about climate change that I think somehow used the flooding as a metaphor. Then I was in some weird desert and there were these neat little art projects that were basically little cities not more than a few inches across on the ground that weren't even labeled or anything but they made me want to find out who the artist was. Then I was watching part of the movie Cats (2019) where one of the cats had a double barreled shotgun and shot two other cats which I was surprised by.
Korea South Vinyanyérë
Retired Contributor
Donator 06
ESO: duolckrad, Kuvira
Clan: 팀 하우스

Post by Vinyanyérë »

I keep having dreams about my EPL matches. Even when I dream about us winning, when I wake up for real I realize that it was a dream and I still have to watch the matches and it's somehow worse than dreaming about us losing.
duck
:mds:
imo
United States of America occamslightsaber
Retired Contributor
ESO: L1BERTYPR1ME

Post by occamslightsaber »

Vinyanyérë wrote:I keep having dreams about my EPL matches. Even when I dream about us winning, when I wake up for real I realize that it was a dream and I still have to watch the matches and it's somehow worse than dreaming about us losing.
Wow foresight hax
The scientific term for China creating free units is Mitoe-sis.

I intend all my puns.
Howdah

Post by Amsel_ »

I've noticed that I spend like an hour asleep, yet somewhat conscious before waking up. I remember thinking about stuff; and I even remember it being interesting. But it's forgotten.
No Flag RefluxSemantic
Gendarme

Post by RefluxSemantic »

I'm starting to feel like my dreams are just a survival simulator. My brain puts me in some disastrous situation and is like "okay buddy try not to die for as long as possible". It's like some insane form of augmented training. The amount of times I've had to fight off people or creatures with bad intentions is uncountable.
United States of America occamslightsaber
Retired Contributor
ESO: L1BERTYPR1ME

Post by occamslightsaber »

Got pulled over by the Canadian police for speeding in Toronto during yesterday’s dream, which is strange because the only place I’ve been to in Canada is Toronto airport for a connecting flight.
The scientific term for China creating free units is Mitoe-sis.

I intend all my puns.
No Flag fightinfrenchman
Ninja
Donator 04

Some current events really got wrapped up in my dream last night. If you've seen some of those viral (no pun intended) posts where people who are in isolation put up posters on their windows to say messages to neighbors you know what I mean.

Anyway there was a 5G tower put on top of my house for some reason (this was an older house I used to live in many years ago). It caused the roof to break and water leaked everywhere, so my dad put up a sign complaining about the 5G tower. But one of our neighbors got mad and thought that meant we were those crazy people who say 5G causes the virus, when we were just mad at the specific tower that was for some reason put on top of our house, and they ended up rallying the whole neighborhood to kick us out of our home (which isn't a thing you can do, especially now).

In another part of my dream I was dating Margot Robbie, until my cat knocked something off my desk irl and woke me up. I'm still kind of mad at him
Howdah

Post by Amsel_ »

I had a dream about grocery stores only letting one person shop at a time.
Great Britain Horsemen
Jaeger

Post by Horsemen »

Amsel_ wrote:I had a dream about grocery stores only letting one person shop at a time.
sounds to me like a nightmare