Dreams

This is for discussions about news, politics, sports, other games, culture, philosophy etc.
Norway spanky4ever
Gendarme
iwillspankyou

Re: Dreams

Post by spanky4ever »

Hippocrits are the worst of animals. I love elifants.
No Flag fightinfrenchman
Ninja
Donator 04

Post by fightinfrenchman »

Last night's dream: So I used to work at a shoe store called Clarks and plan to go back there nights/weekends this upcoming holiday season. In the dream this happened and when I returned I found out it had become a joint Clarks/Burger King, which makes no sense. Anyway I didn't get trained on any of the new duties involved in the Burger King part of the store and they didn't hire any new people for that. On my first day back Democratic presidential candidate John Delaney came in and ordered some sandwich. I accidentally put too much sauce on and he took a bite and immediately complained about it. I didn't care too much because it was my first attempt, but he filled out the survey at the bottom of his receipt and I got a 0/100 for that interaction. My boss texted me and said the district manager would be coming to talk to me about it, to which I responded something along the lines of, 'I have a full time job outside of this, if you do that I'm just gonna stop showing up.' I don't remember anything past this point, but I do remember in the interim between the failed order and the bad survey result I found out there was a whole candy store in the back of the store, for some reason in front of where we stored the shoes. I mentioned to another employee that we could make more money if we let people go into this candy area and buy stuff but they said no, that would be against the rules.
Dromedary Scone Mix is not Alone Mix
United States of America Amsel_
Howdah
ESO: The_Amsel

Post by Amsel_ »

fightinfrenchman wrote:Last night's dream: So I used to work at a shoe store called Clarks and plan to go back there nights/weekends this upcoming holiday season. In the dream this happened and when I returned I found out it had become a joint Clarks/Burger King, which makes no sense. Anyway I didn't get trained on any of the new duties involved in the Burger King part of the store and they didn't hire any new people for that. On my first day back Democratic presidential candidate John Delaney came in and ordered some sandwich. I accidentally put too much sauce on and he took a bite and immediately complained about it. I didn't care too much because it was my first attempt, but he filled out the survey at the bottom of his receipt and I got a 0/100 for that interaction. My boss texted me and said the district manager would be coming to talk to me about it, to which I responded something along the lines of, 'I have a full time job outside of this, if you do that I'm just gonna stop showing up.' I don't remember anything past this point, but I do remember in the interim between the failed order and the bad survey result I found out there was a whole candy store in the back of the store, for some reason in front of where we stored the shoes. I mentioned to another employee that we could make more money if we let people go into this candy area and buy stuff but they said no, that would be against the rules.
Next time, try not giving him a sandwich with sand in it.
No Flag fightinfrenchman
Ninja
Donator 04

@Amsel_ It wasn't sandy it just had too much sauce. I specifically remembering putting the sauce on the bun and even I should have realized it was too much. I don't know why I have such a specific mental image of putting sauce on a dream sandwich, but here we are
Howdah

Post by Amsel_ »

fightinfrenchman wrote:@Amsel_ It wasn't sandy it just had too much sauce. I specifically remembering putting the sauce on the bun and even I should have realized it was too much. I don't know why I have such a specific mental image of putting sauce on a dream sandwich, but here we are
Sauce is a funny word.
No Flag fightinfrenchman
Ninja
Donator 04

I just remembered one of my dreams last night: there was some guy camping in my backyard, which doesn't make any sense because my backyard is very small and shared by three apartments. He had a little fire going and was cooking marshmallows over it, and he seemed to be alone. For some reason I just ignored him instead of making him leave.
United States of America XeeleeFlower
Retired Contributor
Xeelee Patron

Post by XeeleeFlower »

You're ignoring the part of you that desires to be a vagabond.
Time is wise and our wounds seem to heal to the rhythm of aging,
But our past is a ghost fading out that at night it’s still haunting.

http://www.galactanet.com/oneoff/theegg_mod.html
No Flag fightinfrenchman
Ninja
Donator 04

Are you suggesting I should try sleeping in my backyard tonight?
Nauru Dolan
Ninja

Post by Dolan »

We were at this flash mob in a corn field, talking about all sorts of stuff. Then some older women asked me some things. I gave them some answers and left, I needed to buy something. Then I came upon this guy with a truck who said he was going somewhere, don't remember where. I was looking for something in the truck, some merchandise?, anyway meanwhile he started driving. So he arrived at another place, parked the truck and left.

I got out of the truck and looked around. I noticed that the truck was slowly going backwards, it was parked in someone's living room and it was slowly sliding towards their windows. So I said: wtf he forgot to pull the handbrake.
No Flag fightinfrenchman
Ninja
Donator 04

I don't have everything fully remembered from last night but I remember at one point being in Manchester but not at the LAN, also none of the LAN people were there and it didn't look like Manchester at all. But I did drink tea for some reason which I usually don't do.

Then in another dream I somehow had a middle school ID card despite being an adult, and I used it to get into my middle school (which in reality has been demolished) because I needed answers to a test or something. The card let me into the school but the actual place where the classrooms were was locked by the police. I turned around and saw a college professor of mine, a bunch of middle schoolers, and a Barnes and Noble checkout line. One kid was wearing a suit and somebody said it was a "spray on" suit (whatever that means) and that made it look bad but it looked like a normal suit to me.
Howdah

Post by Amsel_ »

fightinfrenchman wrote:I don't have everything fully remembered from last night but I remember at one point being in Manchester but not at the LAN, also none of the LAN people were there and it didn't look like Manchester at all. But I did drink tea for some reason which I usually don't do.

Then in another dream I somehow had a middle school ID card despite being an adult, and I used it to get into my middle school (which in reality has been demolished) because I needed answers to a test or something. The card let me into the school but the actual place where the classrooms were was locked by the police. I turned around and saw a college professor of mine, a bunch of middle schoolers, and a Barnes and Noble checkout line. One kid was wearing a suit and somebody said it was a "spray on" suit (whatever that means) and that made it look bad but it looked like a normal suit to me.
What did you study in college?
No Flag fightinfrenchman
Ninja
Donator 04

Political science
Howdah

Post by Amsel_ »

fightinfrenchman wrote:Political science
Cool. I was studying that before changing my mind. Did you get your B.A.?
No Flag fightinfrenchman
Ninja
Donator 04

Amsel_ wrote:
Yesh but I'm not using it for anything relevant yet. Instead I just sit at a fiber optics company
Howdah

Post by Amsel_ »

fightinfrenchman wrote:
Amsel_ wrote:
Yesh but I'm not using it for anything relevant yet. Instead I just sit at a fiber optics company
Were you planning on going to law school? That was my plan.
No Flag fightinfrenchman
Ninja
Donator 04

I briefly considered it but didn't feel like putting in the time and money
Howdah

Post by Amsel_ »

fightinfrenchman wrote:I briefly considered it but didn't feel like putting in the time and money
I don't blame you. The debt, combined with the terrible job market scared me off. Did you have any other plans for your degree/career?
United States of America evilcheadar
Gendarme

Post by evilcheadar »

fightinfrenchman wrote:I just remembered one of my dreams last night: there was some guy camping in my backyard, which doesn't make any sense because my backyard is very small and shared by three apartments. He had a little fire going and was cooking marshmallows over it, and he seemed to be alone. For some reason I just ignored him instead of making him leave.
yeeeeeeee urban stealth camping
A post not made is a post given away

A slushie a day keeps the refill thread at bay

Jackson Pollock was the best poster to ever to post on these forums
No Flag fightinfrenchman
Ninja
Donator 04

Amsel_ wrote:
fightinfrenchman wrote:I briefly considered it but didn't feel like putting in the time and money
I don't blame you. The debt, combined with the terrible job market scared me off. Did you have any other plans for your degree/career?
Not yet. I hope to get a master's degree in something more specialized eventually
No Flag fightinfrenchman
Ninja
Donator 04

evilcheadar wrote:
fightinfrenchman wrote:I just remembered one of my dreams last night: there was some guy camping in my backyard, which doesn't make any sense because my backyard is very small and shared by three apartments. He had a little fire going and was cooking marshmallows over it, and he seemed to be alone. For some reason I just ignored him instead of making him leave.
It wasn't stealthy. He just started a fire in my backyard and was sitting next to it like he owned the place
United States of America evilcheadar
Gendarme

Post by evilcheadar »

fightinfrenchman wrote:
evilcheadar wrote:
It wasn't stealthy. He just started a fire in my backyard and was sitting next to it like he owned the place
You almost have to respect it.
A post not made is a post given away

A slushie a day keeps the refill thread at bay

Jackson Pollock was the best poster to ever to post on these forums
Howdah

Post by Amsel_ »

fightinfrenchman wrote:
Amsel_ wrote:
Not yet. I hope to get a master's degree in something more specialized eventually
Like international relations? An MBA is another option that you're probably aware of.
No Flag fightinfrenchman
Ninja
Donator 04

Yeah IR or national security or something
Howdah

Post by Amsel_ »

fightinfrenchman wrote:Yeah IR or national security or something
What do you plan on doing with that? Thinking of becoming an FSO?
No Flag fightinfrenchman
Ninja
Donator 04

Amsel_ wrote:
fightinfrenchman wrote:Yeah IR or national security or something
What do you plan on doing with that? Thinking of becoming an FSO?
The thought has certainly crossed my mind