Dreams

This is for discussions about news, politics, sports, other games, culture, philosophy etc.
Canada Jam
Jaeger
ESO: Hyperactive Jam

Re: Dreams

Post by Jam »

fightinfrenchman wrote:
Jam wrote:I used to have dreams.
Why don't you anymore?
:cry:
No Flag fightinfrenchman
Ninja
Donator 04

Post by fightinfrenchman »

Jam wrote:
fightinfrenchman wrote:
Jam wrote:I used to have dreams.
Why don't you anymore?
Are you dead? I don't get it.
Dromedary Scone Mix is not Alone Mix
Canada Jam
Jaeger
ESO: Hyperactive Jam

Post by Jam »

fightinfrenchman wrote:
Jam wrote:
Show hidden quotes
I woke up and I can't fall asleep again.
No Flag fightinfrenchman
Ninja
Donator 04

Jam wrote:
fightinfrenchman wrote:
Show hidden quotes
I woke up and I can't fall asleep again.
Oh. Well bring a journal to bed and write down your dream when you wake up again. I really like hearing about ESOC users' dreams
United States of America Amsel_
Howdah
ESO: The_Amsel

Post by Amsel_ »

I dreamed a dream in times gone by
When hope was high and life worth liebing
No Flag deleted_user
Ninja

Post by deleted_user »

"Life worth liebing" is a good phrase
United States of America evilcheadar
Gendarme

Post by evilcheadar »

I had another dream about the cabin. Can't remember too much but we were there and the cabin was a little different. It was longer for some reason and had a little different feeling layout. I went outside to try to get the fire started but found hiney already out there trying to start it with some crushed up leaves right on the ground. Then I finally got it started and continued looking around for sticks. I cam back to find gustav, ear, and hiney putting out the fire and saying it needs to be relocated to the other side of the cabin. I was pretty angry but accepted it for some reason. I got the fire started on the other side and gustav, ear, and hiney were helping me gather sticks. They demanded the stick pile be inside the cabin which really annoyed me because the fire was outside. They claimed "the sticks could get wet outside". The last part I can remember is just being extremely angry that they also moved the sticks I gathered personally inside despite me telling them not to.
A post not made is a post given away

A slushie a day keeps the refill thread at bay

Jackson Pollock was the best poster to ever to post on these forums
No Flag fightinfrenchman
Ninja
Donator 04

Couple of weird ones last night. I had a job where I could walk to work but had to push a grocery cart full of supplies going there and back. Also part of the walk went through a big house but cars and trucks would also drive through the house like it was normal. I remember thinking the floors were in really good condition considering they were being used as roads. On the way back from work I saw two dogs playing in a small yard and someone asked me what breed one of them was and I said I think it's a collie because it looked like my old dog.

Then in another dream I was on a weird field trip for some reason and I had to get on a bus, but their way of counting us was we all had to have a specific paper with our info on it. I didn't have the paper so I waited until everyone else was counted then I jumped on the bus. At one point I was driving the bus because I was encouraged to and then they immediately got mad at me for not doing it right.

Finally @n0el told me to meet him somewhere and sent me his GPS location which was in a mall in Philadelphia. I looked it up and Google Maps said it was only about 20 minutes away which is way closer than I actually am to Philly (about 1.5 hours irl). I asked him for more info and he just kept sending me low-res and badly lit pictures of what looked like a clothing store but I couldn't really tell.
No Flag fightinfrenchman
Ninja
Donator 04

I had several weird ones but I didn't write them down so I can only clearly remember one, which had me in a diner in New Hampshire in a booth with Bernie Sanders, Elizabeth Warren, Tom Steyer, and a very small drone.
Howdah

Post by Amsel_ »

I had some pretty weird dreams last night. I was younger and my family still lived together. I was at a Goodwill thrift store with my mom and sister, and I was bored so I went walking around outside. I stumbled across a guy tied to a tree and a girl tied in the middle of the pathway. I asked

"Do you want me to untie you?"
"Yes." was the reply

So I untied them. I remember specifically choosing to untie the knots around their ankles under the logic that they could still run if I didn't have the time to finish untying their wrists. In retrospect, this is incredibly stupid, because they were both tied to other things and wouldn't be able to move; and having free hands means they could free themselves. Anyways, things get much much weirder from here on out. After untying them, they tell me that it was a trap. Apparently they were meth addicts who had abducted my family, and this was a ruse to get me too. I don't know why they didn't just hit me upside the head; maybe it's just a 200 IQ play on their part. They also tell me that they took the gun from my pocket, because apparently dream-me is packing heat. At this point, my plan is simply to wait for an opportunity to stab both of them in the neck with a knife.

Fast forward back to our house. My mom and I are going for a walk around the neighborhood (which we used to do a lot) and waiting for the meth addicts to come to our house. We don't see a car or anything as we approach the house, so she says something bad about them; but it turns out that they had a van parked on our lawn, and it was hidden behind another car. We both stopped like a deer in the headlights, and my mom pointed forwards to say "Keep walking!" I think the idea was that they wouldn't know it was us, but that didn't work and they called us over. The rest of the story is just bizarre. I had some thoughts like the fear of my knife not being sharp enough to kill them, or the idea that in the future I would be able to talk to people and tell them this story. However, none of this actually happened. I woke up.

When I went back to sleep later, I had a different dream. It was about pre-modern dental health. It had a documentary-like format. It said something along the lines of "Teeth couldn't heal teeth, except in humans. <Arab name> discovered the right teeth, they were teeth that fell from the sky. They come from the descendants of the worshipers of Mantwa in India." These teeth looked more like dog teeth than human teeth, and apparently they were edible; they could be crushed by normal teeth. This was apparently able to give these people healthy teeth. I woke up again after that.

After going to sleep again, I was back in the meth addict dream. It was a lot weirder at this point. The van was parked in front of a hardware store, and my mom went inside to get something. I got out and had to do something nonsensical involving a step stool. Apparently we had to finish whatever we were doing before the guy got back from "Johnson" in Michigan. I don't know if Johnson was a person or a city. Anyways, that segment was pretty short as my sister crashed the van and flipped it over. I'm not sure if we died or not, because I don't recall anyone getting hurt, but the dream ended there.

In retrospect, this dream would make a lot more sense if the people who were tied up weren't the abductors. It would explain them not just hitting me upside the head and knocking me out: they were bait. It would explain me feeling a sense of urgency strong enough that I untied their ankles first, so they could run if need be. It would explain my mom thinking they wouldn't recognize us. It would also explain the guy being in another state.
No Flag fightinfrenchman
Ninja
Donator 04

Why would they tell you it was a trap before they had successfully kidnapped you. Their whole plan makes no sense
No Flag fightinfrenchman
Ninja
Donator 04

Here's mine:

I'm not sure where my dream started exactly, the first few "sections" aren't really connected.

I remember being at my friend Geoff's house (not his real life home but I knew it was his). It was sunny and like 70 degrees. I didn't know the year but I know it was Christmas, and I tried to use Google Maps timeline to see what year it was which only makes sense if it had happened in the past, but I was actually there.

In another random part I was at "work" with my boss but the building was totally different. It had huge floor to ceiling windows but was for some reason very dark. At one point I went outside and my sister's van kept going backwards and I had to push it.

In another part I was in a weirdly laid out laundromat and I coughed. A middle aged woman gave me an angry look and I instantly knew she was afraid of the corona virus. I made a big show of washing my hands extra thoroughly, but when I was done she insisted I also use hand sanitizer. I specifically remember being annoyed because my hands already felt kind of dry.

In another part I was with some woman who was planning a wedding but didn't understand how to do it, for some reason she thought she could physically gather everything she needed into a small pile. I tried to explain how planning and logistics worked but ultimately decided to tell her not to get married.

---

I'm in the middle of a horse racetrack, probably because of the discussion regarding one in the Dem 2020 thread. There was some weird chaos happening in the middle of it that involved jumping over relatively small fences. It may have been some historical reenactment thing because I remember thinking that it didn't make sense but someone kept assuring me that it was really like this. There was a police officer chasing me around and he kept getting closer but never caught up to me.

At the end of this weird "competition" everyone went through a door and into holding pens with our names on them, which struck me as odd because it implied there was no actual competition and the results were already decided. Everyone was given a timeframe of when someone would be around to give them their results but they were absurd, like days, weeks, even months for some people.

Eventually I somehow was in a large high school gym with a long row of tables laid out with wrapped gifts and cakes laid out. Everyone went to where their name was, but I couldn't find mine. It was mostly in alphabetical order but some weren't which was incredibly annoying because people kept telling me that it was in alphabetical order so it shouldn't be so hard. A guy started presenting everything despite me not finding mine. He talked about the different flavors and colors of each cake he made and basically all of them had parmesan cheese on them which I thought sounded gross.

Eventually I realized that I didn't get a gift. A random woman from a previous job of mine that I barely interacted with was there and out of pity gave me 4 Lucky Charms marshmallows and I almost immediately put them in a gallon sized ZipLoc bag and decided to mail them to Jar Jar Binks.

Somehow I end up at my old childhood home and my Amish neighbors have paved over their old house and built like an eight story home in its place. I conclude that their family has grown significantly but doesn't want to spread out for some reason. There's an anthropomorphic blue rabbit in a plaid shirt next to me and he asks me if this is the end of our journey even though this is the first time I've seen him. I tell him I'm busy trying to find a new home and that he's a toy. He suddenly shrinks to the size of a toy and becomes one and I just leave him on the ground as I turn to walk into my old house despite other people still obviously living there.

Then I woke up.
No Flag fightinfrenchman
Ninja
Donator 04

Hahahahaha. I just remembered a dream I had at some point this past week, there were a bunch of parts but the one I specifically remember was I went back to my elementary school with @evilcheadar and we both took part in a weird ceremony meant to dedicate the anniversary of the Parkland mass shooting, but it involved us playing in a band where everybody had the scream mask on. I remember thinking it seemed super inappropriate but I went along with it because nobody else mentioned that it was fucked up.
No Flag fightinfrenchman
Ninja
Donator 04

How did we even play our instruments with masks on?
No Flag Djigit
Howdah

Post by Djigit »

test
No Flag fightinfrenchman
Ninja
Donator 04

I've had some really weird dreams lately but I keep failing to write them down. Last night the only thing I can remember was I playing Super Smash Bros. and my character changed into Donkey Kong, but I don't remember who it was to start with. I was fighting against someone playing as Kirby on the Battlefield stage
United States of America evilcheadar
Gendarme

Post by evilcheadar »

The current situation we live in would make for such a disturbing dream
A post not made is a post given away

A slushie a day keeps the refill thread at bay

Jackson Pollock was the best poster to ever to post on these forums
No Flag fightinfrenchman
Ninja
Donator 04

Just had a dream about vacuuming and mopping a floor, which was kind of a waste of a dream tbh
No Flag fightinfrenchman
Ninja
Donator 04

fightinfrenchman wrote:Just had a dream about vacuuming and mopping a floor, which was kind of a waste of a dream tbh
Damn, now I'm afraid to fall asleep because I keep falling into a very realistic dream where my room is trashed and I don't know why and I'm freaking the fuck out. Not fun
France iNcog
Ninja

Post by iNcog »

-- deleted post --

Reason: on request (off-topic bulk delete)
YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/incog_aoe
Garja wrote:
20 Mar 2020, 21:46
I just hope DE is not going to implement all of the EP changes. Right now it is a big clusterfuck.
Latvia harcha
Gendarme
ESO: hatamoto_samurai

Post by harcha »

Tonight I dreamed of playing a BO 7 with @giveuanxiety . I don't recall the first game (I think he played brit!), but the second game was a sioux mirror. Somehow I was making CDB from my town center. The game ended with me clicking on his villagers and deleting them with what feels like "god mode". This was somehow a fair win, he was a bit disappointed but he didn't say that it was lame.

As both of us wasted a lot of time in-between the two games and after game 2 doing analysis for no apparent audience (maybe streaming?) we no longer had time to play more games. So GUA decided to chill, he came up to my place and released what feels like frogs in my bed, before proceeding to warn me that they jump around a lot. As I re-did my bed-sheets all the frogs jumped away. We (me, GUA and my GF who was also at my place) then had a friendly conversation. I came away from this feeling like GUA is very chill and has a very likable personality.

In hindsight tho it's not wise to visit other people during the pandemic, he should know better considering his job.
POC wrote:Also I most likely know a whole lot more than you.
POC wrote:Also as an objective third party, and near 100% accuracy of giving correct information, I would say my opinions are more reliable than yours.
United States of America giveuanxiety
Advanced Player
Donator 02
ESO: GiveUAnxiety

Post by giveuanxiety »

lmao xD. That's a pretty good read. "but he didnt say that it was lame." that might be where you should of realized it was a dream.
Lasol wrote: :hmm: just Saw a YouTube video with giveyouanexiaty. He Said check youre stove, if you Want to improve youre aoe3 skills.

WHAT does check your stove means? And how do you do it?
Howdah

Post by Amsel_ »

I had a funny dream. It was some of the typical nightmare stuff I get, but after seeing a few scenes of that: I saw two identical looking dogs lying next to each other on their bellies. Their owner was giving them treats. I remember the owner would sometimes stick his finger in the corner of one of the dogs' mouths, his finger running parallel with the dog's gums, and because of the angle it almost looked like he was sticking his finger in the dog's nose.
No Flag fightinfrenchman
Ninja
Donator 04

Had two weird dreams last night. In the first my sister, who hasn't played the flute for like a decade, signed up to be part of some symphonic band at my old college. The pandemic was going on in my dream though so I thought it was a bad idea. I was trying to show her where the place was since she hadn't been there, and on the way I ran into someone I hadn't seen in a while walking their dog. Suddenly there were several dogs appearing out of nowhere, and there was one in a yard next to me, but I was in the middle of the city. I mentioned to the apparent owner of the house that it was unusual to see such a big yard in the middle of the city, and she kind of rolled her eyes and said it wasn't that nice, and pointed to a random gardening glove in the middle of the lawn. I'm not really sure what this was meant to convey. Anyway, once we got to the building where the band would rehearse my sister got upset because she thought it would be at the other campus location, and that this would not be okay in terms of social distancing. I didn't really understand that, either way you shouldn't be gathering to play in a band.

In my other dream I was in some foreign country but there weren't any details for me to figure out which it was. I was on the back of a motorcycle with someone I don't know driving it, and at one point someone else was beside us at a stoplight on another motorcycle. I randomly tried to push it over and they looked at me annoyed, then I said sorry and they said it's okay. I'm not sure why they were so okay with it.

Eventually I stumbled upon a small store called "Walmart Sex Shop." Confused, I went in and it was just a bunch of random knick knacks and baseball cards. I remember being uncomfortable inside because it was very tightly packed with people despite the virus.

Then my alarm went off and I woke up, then instantly started reading Twitter. So at this point I'm literally thinking about the virus nonstop.
Latvia harcha
Gendarme
ESO: hatamoto_samurai

Post by harcha »

fightinfrenchman wrote:Had two weird dreams last night. In the first my sister, who hasn't played the flute for like a decade, signed up to be part of some symphonic band at my old college. The pandemic was going on in my dream though so I thought it was a bad idea. I was trying to show her where the place was since she hadn't been there, and on the way I ran into someone I hadn't seen in a while walking their dog. Suddenly there were several dogs appearing out of nowhere, and there was one in a yard next to me, but I was in the middle of the city. I mentioned to the apparent owner of the house that it was unusual to see such a big yard in the middle of the city, and she kind of rolled her eyes and said it wasn't that nice, and pointed to a random gardening glove in the middle of the lawn. I'm not really sure what this was meant to convey. Anyway, once we got to the building where the band would rehearse my sister got upset because she thought it would be at the other campus location, and that this would not be okay in terms of social distancing. I didn't really understand that, either way you shouldn't be gathering to play in a band.
But who let the dogs out?
POC wrote:Also I most likely know a whole lot more than you.
POC wrote:Also as an objective third party, and near 100% accuracy of giving correct information, I would say my opinions are more reliable than yours.