Dreams

This is for discussions about news, politics, sports, other games, culture, philosophy etc.
No Flag deleted_user
Ninja

Re: Dreams

Post by deleted_user »

weird mate
United States of America Cometk
Retired Contributor

Post by Cometk »

deleted_user wrote:The only persons who care about dreams are the persons having them or a professional who was taught dreams matter and they are also being paid.
that’s not true
United States of America Cometk
Retired Contributor

Post by Cometk »

i don’t dream
No Flag fightinfrenchman
Ninja
Donator 04

Post by fightinfrenchman »

Cometk wrote:i don’t dream
You should try to find a way to remember your dreams better. Keep a journal next to your bed and write anything down if you remember it
Dromedary Scone Mix is not Alone Mix
No Flag deleted_user
Ninja

Post by deleted_user »

Sometimes you just gotta know that what you say isn't true, but the need to say the thing is more important than that something true, because saying something true is impossible unless it's super boring and math.
No Flag fightinfrenchman
Ninja
Donator 04

I still regularly think about @Amsel_ 's dream with the meth addicts
United States of America evilcheadar
Gendarme

Post by evilcheadar »

I dream but not in as much detail as ear seems to be able to. I remember themes of dreams and certain weird things about them but thats about it. Ear seems to be able to recall dreams in story-like fashion.
A post not made is a post given away

A slushie a day keeps the refill thread at bay

Jackson Pollock was the best poster to ever to post on these forums
No Flag fightinfrenchman
Ninja
Donator 04

I actually consider dreams from other people to be more interesting than real life stories because they're more unique and you don't have any way of predicting what they will be.
No Flag fightinfrenchman
Ninja
Donator 04

evilcheadar wrote:I dream but not in as much detail as ear seems to be able to. I remember themes of dreams and certain weird things about them but thats about it. Ear seems to be able to recall dreams in story-like fashion.
I think one thing about my dreams that doesn't seem to be the case with most people is that they're almost entirely in third person, like I'm watching a movie of what the experience is.
Gendarme

Post by evilcheadar »

Like last night the theme of my dreams was suicide I think. I would get invited to these random places and then the person who invited me would just kill themselves. Understandable with the current circumstances ngl

No Flag fightinfrenchman
Ninja
Donator 04

I was on some kind of weird dock and Weird Al was driving a forklift, holding an open bottle of Fireball whiskey and frowning. He did not appear drunk at all though.
United States of America Amsel_
Howdah
ESO: The_Amsel

Post by Amsel_ »

I was dreaming last night and then came to the realization that I was dreaming, and it became a lucid dream. It's interesting because I remember setting the intention to lucid dream to test the theory I proposed a few days ago about people not actually being conscious during lucid dreams. I even remembered this theory while in the dream. I remember it having absolutely no impact on me, save for an extremely slight moment of awareness, and then I went back to pursuing every thought and desire that entered my mind.
Netherlands Goodspeed
Retired Contributor

Post by Goodspeed »

Yeah the best way to lucid dream is to intend to. If it's on your mind in general, you have better odds of thinking of it while in a dream, at which point you will realize you're dreaming.
What did you do when you became lucid? Was it hard to stay in the dream? For me it often is
Great Britain Horsemen
Jaeger

Post by Horsemen »

yesterday I lay down in bed at 3.00am and told myself I would take a 15 minute nap. I set THREE ALARMS to make sure I would wake up. When I woke up it was 10.00am
United States of America Amsel_
Howdah
ESO: The_Amsel

Post by Amsel_ »

Goodspeed wrote:Yeah the best way to lucid dream is to intend to. If it's on your mind in general, you have better odds of thinking of it while in a dream, at which point you will realize you're dreaming.
What did you do when you became lucid? Was it hard to stay in the dream? For me it often is
I often can't concentrate on one thing enough to actually materialize it. I just remember tons of thoughts going through my head while I was running around this grassy plaza area. After doing this for a bit, I just woke up. The way the flow of one's thread of thought is so dominating in lucid dreams is what makes me skeptical of our level of consciousness in such dreams.
No Flag fightinfrenchman
Ninja
Donator 04

I'm annoyed because I know I had more dreams last night that I don't remember. I'm gonna try to make sure I type them up immediately tonight when I wake up.
No Flag fightinfrenchman
Ninja
Donator 04

Tonight I'm crossing my fingers that I have a dream that doesn't involve the coronavirus. Wish me luck
No Flag deleted_user
Ninja

Post by deleted_user »

Writing this in the middle of the night after a piss while it's clear (the dream, not the piss (the piss was medium yellow)).

Just had a dream that Pete Buttigiege was discussing with me why a section of sidewalk bulged out and had to be replaced. This was occurring in the men's bathroom of the high school I had been visiting for days in an attempt to become an actor - shoehorning myself into rehearsals of a play/musical about Jesus Christ although I wasn't supposed to be there and I remember feeling very awkward that I had no idea what to do and sooner or later someone would call me out on my bullshit.

The play was like a worse version of Jesus Christ Superstar. There was one line I distinctly remember, which was "so then God sent his holy, sacred son, but a toe alltogether." This was spoken during the manger scene, and the toe is Jesus, and it related to a sort of ongoing or previous toe/bodypart analogy, and its purpose was to convey that Jesus was sacred and holy but still "just a toe," i.e. human. I remember it really affected me. It felt like truth.

The gym and stage and bathroom were the same layout as my own high school's.

Anyways so Pete showed me pictures of this ripped up section of sidewalk on his laptop in the men's bathroom. I remember thinking it was weird but it was OK because of coronavirus. He was treating me almost like an engineering consulatant which was my job irl for a year.

So the next day I am just outside the school gymnasium ready to pretend to act again, when I see that torn up section of sidewalk there and Pete working hard.

I say Hi Pete do you need my help can I assist in any way? And Pete says we might need your help but you can also just go inside where it's less manual labor and cooler, winking at me like "I won't tell anyone you don't want to dig." Pete informs me they are placing new rebar at 2 ft intervals and I nod my head and say "that's typical."

So it's important to mention throughout this entire dream there was like a dread that I'm not *doing anything* day to day. I don't have a job irl and I didn't have a job in my dream and I wasn't being paid to pretend to act and so I felt very guilty, so guilty that I stayed to help Pete with the sidewalk. But there were no shovels so I enter the gymnasium which magically turns into a tool store when I enter.

In the tool store I immediately pick out a shovel. I almost tell the store clerks (one man one woman) that Pete needs the shovel just for a photo-op and then I'll return it clean, which was a lie I just didn't want to pay for it because I didn't have a job. I knew the guy would believe me for some reason so I say it, but almost immediately tell them I am just kidding because I was overcome with massive guilt. It is an awkward exchange. As I walk into the store I make sure I don't leave muddy shoe prints (I don't - the carpet is grey).

I then reach into my pocket for my wallet to pay only to discover that I am not wearing my coat which always has my wallet. So I kind of freeze awkward and the cashier lady asks "what's wrong" kind of like she's out of patience and I explain what's wrong but soon it's all okay because I spot my coat on a chair in there and I pick it up but really struggle to fish the wallet out of the pocket of the coat in my arms.

But OK in the dream I paid for it with a check for some reason, and this process warped the dream into something else: I am filling out a piece of paper (possibly the check) but on the paper it's asking me my credentials and education and stuff, and in the dream I just finished up my master's degree after 2.5 years, although I can't recall what my master's is in. I remember especially saying, "I hope it was fucking worth it" while writing something vague like "M.Sc."

Oh yeah now I remember kind of, it was the end of my lease in Seattle and I was writing the last rent check and soon I'd be driving back to Nebraska to live with my parents. I am discussing to whoever is there while I'm writing this weird check that I am afraid of traveling because of coronavirus.

I remember it was such a large point of anxiety for me in the dream that I couldn't remember what my Master's degree was in, and I was scared I had forgot to attend a class and never received it. So then I began to list some classes but failed to list them all. At this point I heard the voice of my dad say, "It doesn't matter, just pretend you got a large treasure." Like an aoe treasure. That part doesn't really make sense.

That's about all I can remember. The dream was told chronologically, and was the most clear at its start and gradually decreased as it went on. Parts of this dream were the clearest I've dreamt in awhile.
No Flag deleted_user
Ninja

Post by deleted_user »

I'm actually dreaming of coronavirus and economic anxiety nearly every single night it sucks.
No Flag RefluxSemantic
Gendarme

Post by RefluxSemantic »

You do dream. You just have a well functioning brain that does a good job at deleting your useless dream memories. Theres no point in remembering fake hallucinations.
No Flag fightinfrenchman
Ninja
Donator 04

deleted_user wrote: Parts of this dream were the clearest I've dreamt in awhile.
I hope this thread helped inspire you to remember. That was as a fun journey for me
No Flag fightinfrenchman
Ninja
Donator 04

RefluxSemantic wrote:
You do dream. You just have a well functioning brain that does a good job at deleting your useless dream memories. Theres no point in remembering fake hallucinations.
Yes there is, it's fun
No Flag fightinfrenchman
Ninja
Donator 04

I had a dream that I have the coronavirus but I was still in school. I kept thinking that the school should be closed but just kept going about my day as if I wasn't infected. At one point I was also in a big meeting with New York Governor Cuomo and I kept trying to keep away from him so he didn't get infected. I also found a database that let me look up any person in the country and if they had been tested and the test result, which I remember thinking was potentially useful but definitely seemed illegal. Then I woke up and started thinking about the virus again
No Flag fightinfrenchman
Ninja
Donator 04

I literally had a dream about duel disks. If I get coronavirus just let me die
Gendarme

Post by evilcheadar »

fightinfrenchman wrote:I literally had a dream about duel disks. If I get coronavirus just let me die
Hahahaha