Where to eat cheap

This is for discussions about news, politics, sports, other games, culture, philosophy etc.
Czech Republic Googol
Retired Contributor
ESO: Butifle

Re: Where to eat cheap

Post by Googol »

I eat that alot
Sweden tabben
Lancer
EWTNWC LAN Bronze
ESO: tabben

Post by tabben »

[youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fKtNawQ3cxM[/youtube]

one for two, special price for you
Netherlands momuuu
Ninja
ESO: Jerom_

Post by momuuu »

umeu wrote:survival > principles > money.

i wonder if gibshon included buying a new microwave when u have a perfectly good one in his list of financial mishaps.

But what if you need the money to survive? Then money > principles right?
Sweden Gendarme
Gendarme
Donator 03
ESO: Gendarme

Post by Gendarme »

The perfect counter system! EP should learn from this.
Pay more attention to detail.
United States of America Amsel_
Howdah
ESO: The_Amsel

Post by Amsel_ »

Do you not have any kitchen appliances whatsoever? No microwave, oven, stove, electric tea kettle, rice cooker, blender, toaster, barbecue, portable stove, etc? No neighbors who will let you use their kitchen? A yard to light a fire in?

If I were in your position I would just keep it simple. Get sandwich rolls and some meats/cheeses to give you some variety. Celery with peanut butter. Tomato topped with pepper, and maybe mozzarella cheese. Yogurt. I would avoid eating out at a proper restaurant. Instead go for super cheap stuff like checkers where you can get a ton of hamburgers for five bucks. Be careful with junk food though. Most of it doesn't fill your stomach enough to justify the high caloric intake.
India rsy
Jaeger
Donator 01

Post by rsy »

Ashvin wrote:Shiv Shakti Gol Gappe gives 4 in ₹10

Gosh I remember the days they used to be 2 for 1 rupee...
India Ashvin
Retired Contributor
ESO: Octanium

Post by Ashvin »

rsy wrote:
Ashvin wrote:Shiv Shakti Gol Gappe gives 4 in ₹10

Gosh I remember the days they used to be 2 for 1 rupee...

ikr, inflation hit the hardest on gol gappe
United States of America XeeleeFlower
Retired Contributor
Xeelee Patron

Post by XeeleeFlower »

What's wrong with taco bell? It's so damn good and is the cheapest option among all the fast food choices.
Time is wise and our wounds seem to heal to the rhythm of aging,
But our past is a ghost fading out that at night it’s still haunting.

http://www.galactanet.com/oneoff/theegg_mod.html
No Flag deleted_user
Ninja

Post by deleted_user »

500 calorie, $1 beefy Fritos burrito
Tuvalu gibson
Ninja
ECL Reigning Champs

Post by gibson »

i wonder if gibshon included buying a new microwave when u have a perfectly good one in his list of financial mishaps.
i didn’t buy a new microwave,if I had I wouldn’t have made this thread as I know tons of cheap shit to make in it
No Flag deleted_user0
Ninja

Post by deleted_user0 »

momuuu wrote:

But what if you need the money to survive? Then money > principles right?

well yes, the goal is survival. not money or luxury.
No Flag deleted_user0
Ninja

Post by deleted_user0 »

gibson wrote:

i didn’t buy a new microwave,if I had I wouldn’t have made this thread as I know tons of cheap shit to make in it

i wonder if gibshon included not cleaning a perfectly good microwave in his list of financial mishaps.
Norway spanky4ever
Gendarme
iwillspankyou

Post by spanky4ever »

This microwave pretty much looks like yours: My tip is to eat your pride, and wash the freaking microwave
phpBB [video]

you can also use half a lemon in a bowl of water.

Problem fixed

:P :P :P :P :P
Hippocrits are the worst of animals. I love elifants.
United States of America Amsel_
Howdah
ESO: The_Amsel

Post by Amsel_ »

You can make ramen noodles, rice, and pasta in a coffee maker btw.
Sweden Gendarme
Gendarme
Donator 03

Post by Gendarme »

Don't eat food until your next paycheck. See it as an adventure.
Germany japanesegeneral
Lancer
ESO: JapaneseGeneral

Post by japanesegeneral »

I have a similar approach as spanky unfortunately you need thermit for it. :love:

phpBB [video]
6 petards a day keep the doctor away.
Netherlands Goodspeed
Retired Contributor

Post by Goodspeed »

Gendarme wrote:Don't eat food until your next paycheck. See it as an adventure.
This is not even a bad idea. You could not eat until they come fix your stove or until you gain the courage to clean your microwave. When the hunger strikes, cleaning that will be worth it to you.
Fasting is an interesting experience. You'll feel amazing when you get to eat again. This seems like the perfect time to try it out. If it's more than a week I wouldn't recommend, but less than that is perfectly doable.

Drink only water and don't eat fast food after.
Sweden Gendarme
Gendarme
Donator 03

Post by Gendarme »

I don't think it will feel amazing, but it's a fun experience. As far as I know, 14-day fasts are a thing people do, so I wouldn't be scared even if it's more than a week.
Netherlands Goodspeed
Retired Contributor

Post by Goodspeed »

It's definitely possible but you start to feel very weak after a while. I did 5 days before and I was having trouble operating normally near the end. If you do more than a week and you need to be doing things other than sitting at home it's probably not great. Can't be too healthy either.
No Flag deleted_user
Ninja

Post by deleted_user »

I'd like to experiment with fasting especially after I read "Hunger" by Knut Hampson and also because I'm going to run out of money soon. The problem I see is that I have difficulty concentrating on anything when I'm hungry. Does this pass? Will I have energy to do things? I'm talking like 2-3 days. Do you "ease back in" to eating?
France benj89
Howdah

Post by benj89 »

I don't think fasting is very safe past 2-3 days unless you've been checked by a doctor beforehand. I've heard of fasting up to 30ish days but I'd probably try a one week fast sometimes in the future, sounds like an interesting experiment.
Honestly I hope this thread is a joke, anyone 18+ should know how to eat cheap (i.e fewer than $30 a week in the most expensive US city is easily doable) and I've cleaned microwaves dirtier than this in less than 10 minutes multiples times - what happens when you live with 7 people in an apartment.
"Prestige is like a powerful magnet that warps even your beliefs about what you enjoy. If you want to make ambitious people waste their time on errands, bait the hook with prestige." - Paul Graham
No Flag deleted_user
Ninja

Post by deleted_user »

benj89 wrote:I don't think fasting is very safe past 2-3 days unless you've been checked by a doctor beforehand. I've heard of fasting up to 30ish days but I'd probably try a one week fast sometimes in the future, sounds like an interesting experiment.
Honestly I hope this thread is a joke, anyone 18+ should know how to eat cheap (i.e fewer than $30 a week in the most expensive US city is easily doable) and I've cleaned microwaves dirtier than this in less than 10 minutes multiples times - what happens when you live with 7 people in an apartment.

It's not a joke, though. It's very possible young men out of the house who have the means to eat out nearly every day do so, in turn develop no cooking experience/comfort/familiarity in the kitchen, rarely ever buy groceries and if so, buy prepared food, and are so repulsed by effort in certain areas they would rather take the expensive ease over frugal effort especially if which introduces a mental stress.
Netherlands Goodspeed
Retired Contributor

Post by Goodspeed »

Hell I ordered food almost every day for years. Went months without grocery shopping
Tuvalu gibson
Ninja
ECL Reigning Champs

Post by gibson »

deleted_user wrote:
benj89 wrote:I don't think fasting is very safe past 2-3 days unless you've been checked by a doctor beforehand. I've heard of fasting up to 30ish days but I'd probably try a one week fast sometimes in the future, sounds like an interesting experiment.

It's not a joke, though. It's very possible young men out of the house who have the means to eat out nearly every day do so, in turn develop no cooking experience/comfort/familiarity in the kitchen, rarely ever buy groceries and if so, buy prepared food, and are so repulsed by effort in certain areas they would rather take the expensive ease over frugal effort especially if which introduces a mental stress.
Why just young men, why not old men, or young women? You fucking ageist xexist cunt
United States of America Hidddy_
Retired Contributor
ESO: Hidalgito

Post by Hidddy_ »

boil some water and stick some carbs in there to boil. high heat 8/10. spaghetti: 10 -14 minutes (throw at wall and it should stick), potatoes: 30-40 minutes (poke with knife), rice: use the same amount of water and rice (maybe a tad more water) add salt and garlic for adventure. learn to fry a piece of meat (2 for 1 deals at publix are highly recommended) and ingest.
De Funk