Check out my website

This is for discussions about news, politics, sports, other games, culture, philosophy etc.
United States of America vardar
Lancer
ESO: VardarB98/DemonDeacs

Check out my website

Post by vardar »

Yo everyone,

I have been working the past couple of days on a brand new project of mine. It is very new so only so much has been completed. What is it?

Essentially it is a website that follows, what I believe, are interesting aspects of my life. My goal is to inspire and motivate others to go after whatever they find interesting in life. Also, it motivates me to be more productive and positive everyday in my running, academics or anything else. If you check the site out youll read a bit more in detail.

It is a new found passion of mine and so I thought I would share it with everyone here. So if you're open for it, check it out and if you want, let me know any of the thoughts you have! I have a pretty broad vision for this and so any suggestions are certainly welcome!

Also, follow me on social media, which is linked on my website, if you want. I recently just got back on after a couple months away so definitely add me!

If you find this kind of thing interesting enough, follow along as I'll be coming out with some cool stuff in the near future

Hope you guys enjoy this from an avid esoc member and again let me know your thoughts!

Note: the look is a bit different on mobile, something I am trying to look into

https://www.mitchellday.net/
c0ns!
United States of America XeeleeFlower
Retired Contributor
Xeelee Patron

Re: Check out my website

Post by XeeleeFlower »

Awesome! I've been thinking of starting a similar blog for awhile, but have lacked the motivation to do so. Great job man! I hope you keep it up.
Time is wise and our wounds seem to heal to the rhythm of aging,
But our past is a ghost fading out that at night it’s still haunting.

http://www.galactanet.com/oneoff/theegg_mod.html
No Flag fightinfrenchman
Ninja
Donator 04

Post by fightinfrenchman »

XeeleeFlower wrote:Awesome! I've been thinking of starting a similar blog for awhile, but have lacked the motivation to do so. Great job man! I hope you keep it up.

This post actually made me remember your intention to start a blog. Start it soon, don't be like Callen and procrastinate forever
Dromedary Scone Mix is not Alone Mix
Lancer

Post by vardar »

XeeleeFlower wrote:Awesome! I've been thinking of starting a similar blog for awhile, but have lacked the motivation to do so. Great job man! I hope you keep it up.

You should fo sho! It offers a lot of motivation and a fun time putting it together and rolling with so many different ideas

And yea, this is something that could be cool a couple years down the road. I have a modest audience now but im trying to make this into something very cool!
c0ns!
Spain Snuden
Jaeger
ESO: Snuden

Post by Snuden »

Just by getting started you have won half the battle and already accomplished more than most people.
Keep at it and you will be rewarded in a few years.

Please remove the Wix stuff at the top of the page.
[Sith] - Baphomet
Lancer

Post by vardar »

Snuden wrote:Just by getting started you have won half the battle and already accomplished more than most people.
Keep at it and you will be rewarded in a few years.

Please remove the Wix stuff at the top of the page.

I want to bad but I need to upgrade to do that. Something I really do not want to do as of now

probably should have done my research and used a different company
c0ns!
Spain Snuden
Jaeger

Post by Snuden »

You should use Wordpress IMO
[Sith] - Baphomet
Lancer

Post by vardar »

@Snuden I might transfer over in the future if I really feel the need to.

In your opinion, does the Wix make a pretty substantial difference for viewing?
c0ns!
Spain Snuden
Jaeger

Post by Snuden »

Not at all, I just have this "The guy wants us to read his stuff but he can't even spend the money on a premium theme" thoughts when I see it.
Others might not notice it at all :)

Curious why you wont go with WP now?
[Sith] - Baphomet
Lancer

Post by vardar »

Snuden wrote:Not at all, I just have this "The guy wants us to read his stuff but he can't even spend the money on a premium theme" thoughts when I see it.
Others might not notice it at all :)

Curious why you wont go with WP now?

Ye very true, but not much I can do and I already spent money for Wix so rather not switch until my year is up.

I like your point though and am going to look into getting rid of it. Plus Wix has such nice designing options, not sure what WP has
c0ns!
Spain Snuden
Jaeger

Post by Snuden »

WP has TONS of themes and plug-ins - many are free.
[Sith] - Baphomet
Lancer

Post by vardar »

Snuden wrote:WP has TONS of themes and plug-ins - many are free.

Ye for now I will have to stay this but ofc I will invest more money into it as it becomes a bigger project and when I actually have more funds to do so ahha
c0ns!
Germany japanesegeneral
Lancer
ESO: JapaneseGeneral

Post by japanesegeneral »

I know it is a little off topic but can you make a chapter about your training programs? I used to be in a more or less competitive trainings group and it is fun to see the programs others do.
6 petards a day keep the doctor away.
Lancer

Post by vardar »

japanesegeneral wrote:I know it is a little off topic but can you make a chapter about your training programs? I used to be in a more or less competitive trainings group and it is fun to see the programs others do.

I plan to do this for sure, my running is a big aspect of this site. Not off topic at all!

I am currently training at 8000ft (2440m) :biggrin: in Colorado with some teammates, so I have a lot of nice pictures and will have some good weeks of training once I get back up to full mileage for the summer
c0ns!
Norway oxaloacetate
Dragoon

Post by oxaloacetate »

Nice web-page. I'm sort of going the other route, having just recently finally deleted my facebook.

- I am not solely an essential oils advocate, but an advocate of taking a holistic, all-natural approach to one's health. This lifestyle has kept me sick-free, injury-free and full of energy & motivation everyday. My passion is to share this with everyone!

If you would'nt mind humoring my peaked interest.
1) How do you define essential oils?
2) How did you get into essential oils?
3) Is it your opinion that natural remedies are superior to synthetic ones?

Thanks. :smile:
We watched the tragedy unfold
We did as we were told
We bought and sold
It was the greatest show on earth
Lancer

Post by vardar »

oxaloacetate wrote:Nice web-page. I'm sort of going the other route, having just recently finally deleted my facebook.

- I am not solely an essential oils advocate, but an advocate of taking a holistic, all-natural approach to one's health. This lifestyle has kept me sick-free, injury-free and full of energy & motivation everyday. My passion is to share this with everyone!

If you would'nt mind humoring my peaked interest.
1) How do you define essential oils?
2) How did you get into essential oils?
3) Is it your opinion that natural remedies are superior to synthetic ones?

Thanks. :smile:

Funny enough I deleted all my social media recently as well, but am getting Instagram back to help with linking it with my site.

I would love to answer your questions:

1. Essential Oils are very small aromatic compounds that are found in oil sacs of a plant. They are 50-70x more powerful than the dried herb - so 1 drop of peppermint oil is the same as drinking 28 cups of peppermint tea. These oil sacs can be found in the roots, leaves, bark, seeds, and flowers of different plants. Cool enough, the compounds of these oils serve as the immune system of the plant and protect it from diseases and even sometimes from predators that would eat it. So when we take those compounds, and put them on our skin, inhale them, they act in a similar way that they would for the plant. Both plants and humans are carbon based living beings, so the compounds synthesize very well and give us pretty awesome results. Hope that gives a decent explanation for you and im more than happy to go into more detail

2. So my mother has been working with oils for sometime now, and she has been the one that inspired me to apply them for myself but also for others. I have been a competitive distance runner since my Junior year of high school and this has been the biggest reason for me using them. I have been blessed in regards to competing around the US and on a few occasions, internationally. The amount of pounding on my body from training requires lots of recovery, and this is where the oils come in. I can't explain enough how oils such as frankincense, lemongrass, fir, peppermint, spearmint, lavender, cypress, marjoram, and plenty of others have helped me stay healthy (I honestly have not been sick in over a year), injury free (in the 3 years I have been competitively racing/training, I have been injured once), and productive/motivated enough everyday. The amount of people interested in essential oils as an approach to health has been pretty motivating as well. It is a good feeling when you are able to positively impact someone's life.

3. My opinion is this about synthetic drugs, and big pharmaceutical companies. They are driven by money, not the health and well-being of individuals. It is most apparent in the US, where these drug companies are making multi-billion dollar profits on drugs. I think there is a time and a place for these drugs, as in cases of emergency. They should not be a lifestyle because they only cause more problems. BUT, this is the biggest problem with a lot of today's synthetic drugs:

The majority of these synthetic drugs only cover symptoms and rarely ever get to the cause of a problem. For example, a headache. You take Advil or whatever else, great, you get rid of the headache. But, what was the cause of this headache? It is never taken care of, it is only a superficial fix to a reoccurring problem. This is what drug companies want. Because this way, you will have to keep taking Advil or whatever else to suppress these headaches instead of getting rid of the root cause. This fills the pockets of these companies and keeps their patients under a perpetual cycle of symptoms that are never fully fixed.

Another very big problem is the side effects of all these drugs, which go on to cause more problems months down the road, thus having the individual take other drugs to get rid of these side effects. As you can guess, it turns into one thing after the other yet people do not realize this and just think it is common for us to get headaches or stomach problems when in reality, it is not. Many do not understand how good the human body should feel all the time. I won't go into any more detail on this here. If you are interested, I have a very good book I would recommend. Even if you do not agree with it, you get a very interesting perspective about today's big pharmaceutical companies in the US.

I am already talking too much and I can leave it here for now. I hope this explains your questions and I am more than happy to go into more detail, I love this stuff
c0ns!
Norway oxaloacetate
Dragoon

Post by oxaloacetate »

vardar wrote:snip.

Thanks for your honest answer. As anticipated our views antagonize each other. In order to explain my position, I will say that I come from a formal medical background with little belief in alternative medicine; mostly due to the incredible potential for scamming- and witholding proper treatment from diseased individuals. I will offer a caveat, and that is that I do of course not group you into that category. Nor do I want you to think of this post as ad-hominem, as this is contrary to my what I wish to achieve.

I admire that you try to live prophylactically. It's something I spend considerable time emphasizing to individuals I talk to in an health care setting - and put into effect in my own life, as well. I wanted to include this, so you would understand that I share your objective. We just differ in the means by with we consider it feasbile to realize this objective.

Have you tried reading any peer-reviewd liteature on the topic? Cochrane and pubmed is the two go-to sources for accurate, objective information.

vardar wrote:1. Essential Oils are very small aromatic compounds that are found in oil sacs of a plant. They are 50-70x more powerful than the dried herb - so 1 drop of peppermint oil is the same as drinking 28 cups of peppermint tea. These oil sacs can be found in the roots, leaves, bark, seeds, and flowers of different plants. Cool enough, the compounds of these oils serve as the immune system of the plant and protect it from diseases and even sometimes from predators that would eat it. So when we take those compounds, and put them on our skin, inhale them, they act in a similar way that they would for the plant. Both plants and humans are carbon based living beings, so the compounds synthesize very well and give us pretty awesome results. Hope that gives a decent explanation for you and im more than happy to go into more detail.

I'm fine with all of the above, except for the part underscored and bolded out. I do not find it to be a logical necessity that these non-specific substances (as far as their effect is concerned) synthesize in humans; however, this is more of a philosophical debate, than a factual one.

I was, and still am, not very knowledgeable about essential oils. What I have done is go quickly through a few articles on the two suggested platforms. They lend some support to the following claims: inducing relaxation, counteracting acute-onset nausea, dealing with insomnia, and some words here and there about depression (maybe linked the previous claims). A little bit like yoga and meditation, in a way. Unwinding and stepping back. A moment of zen. Perspective.

Perhaps any possible health effect is possibly best explained by the potential decrease in stress.

vardar wrote:2. So my mother has been working with oils for sometime now, and she has been the one that inspired me to apply them for myself but also for others. I have been a competitive distance runner since my Junior year of high school and this has been the biggest reason for me using them. I have been blessed in regards to competing around the US and on a few occasions, internationally. The amount of pounding on my body from training requires lots of recovery, and this is where the oils come in. I can't explain enough how oils such as frankincense, lemongrass, fir, peppermint, spearmint, lavender, cypress, marjoram, and plenty of others have helped me stay healthy (I honestly have not been sick in over a year), injury free (in the 3 years I have been competitively racing/training, I have been injured once), and productive/motivated enough everyday. The amount of people interested in essential oils as an approach to health has been pretty motivating as well. It is a good feeling when you are able to positively impact someone's life.

This is too anectodal to comment on. But if it gives you a boost without hurting others; great.

vardar wrote:3. My opinion is this about synthetic drugs, and big pharmaceutical companies. They are driven by money, not the health and well-being of individuals. It is most apparent in the US, where these drug companies are making multi-billion dollar profits on drugs. I think there is a time and a place for these drugs, as in cases of emergency. They should not be a lifestyle because they only cause more problems. BUT, this is the biggest problem with a lot of today's synthetic drugs:

The majority of these synthetic drugs only cover symptoms and rarely ever get to the cause of a problem. For example, a headache. You take Advil or whatever else, great, you get rid of the headache. But, what was the cause of this headache? It is never taken care of, it is only a superficial fix to a reoccurring problem. This is what drug companies want. Because this way, you will have to keep taking Advil or whatever else to suppress these headaches instead of getting rid of the root cause. This fills the pockets of these companies and keeps their patients under a perpetual cycle of symptoms that are never fully fixed.

I agree with most of the above, however I would like to point out that big pharma is a nasty business, but it is also incredibly important. Of course, I would like it to act in a different; more egaliterian and humanly, but it is still a business of crucial importance.

I would also like to point out that the reason Advil is dispensed, to use your narrative, is because treating the underlying cause of a headache is usually not possible. We simply do not know the cause of it. Logically, we therefore can not treat it. It is not a part of some big pharma plot to lure people into a vicious cycle.

Another very big problem is the side effects of all these drugs, which go on to cause more problems months down the road, thus having the individual take other drugs to get rid of these side effects. As you can guess, it turns into one thing after the other yet people do not realize this and just think it is common for us to get headaches or stomach problems when in reality, it is not.

More often than not, side effects leads physicians to seponate (stop administering) the drug in question. However, when the symptoms alleviated is worse than the symptoms created, treatment tends to continue; via consent by the patient.

Example #1: A patient suffering from rheumatoid arthritis receiving glucocorticoids. The patient may develop an ulcus in the ventricle (stomach), but the alleviation of the systemic inflammation and joint pain takes presedence.

Example #2: The potential of a cure cause patients to endure substantial side effects, e.g. a cancer patient undergoing chemotherapy. It is however crucial that these individuals receive proper treatment (not overtreatment, which often occurs) and do not go to Germany or China being promised a cure. You'd be surprised of the morale of charlatans, scamming patients with a known cancer-diagnosis.

You are correct in a way though, polypharmacy (patients taking too much and too many types of pills), is a huge problem. Both monetary and medicinally. This problem is probably on the doctors and the societal end though, more so than a big-pharma issue.

Many do not understand how good the human body should feel all the time. I won't go into any more detail on this here. If you are interested, I have a very good book I would recommend. Even if you do not agree with it, you get a very interesting perspective about today's big pharmaceutical companies in the US.

I am already talking too much and I can leave it here for now. I hope this explains your questions and I am more than happy to go into more detail, I love this stuff

Follow-up questions: If big-pharma is all about money and treating symptoms, why are they making vaccines at all? Doesn't this crash with the big pharma narrative?
We watched the tragedy unfold
We did as we were told
We bought and sold
It was the greatest show on earth
Tuvalu gibson
Ninja
ECL Reigning Champs

Post by gibson »

Posted this on my Snapchat story yesterday and it’s a big relevant
Attachments
319B06D5-9323-46CD-B162-0E09DD0F8093.jpeg
India rsy
Jaeger
Donator 01

Post by rsy »

gibson wrote:Posted this on my Snapchat story yesterday and it’s a big relevant

It's cuz u live in USA. I swear I ate more vegetables back in India every month than I have here in like 4ush herars
Lancer

Post by vardar »

@oxaloacetate I am not against using many of the drugs you listed on occasion, there is a time and a place. There is a problem though. People rely on them way too much and most importantly, healthcare should not be a multi billion dollar "business." Where doctors are bribed to be used as "pill mills" for particular drug companies. I'm sure you are familiar.
https://www.northpointrecovery.com/blog ... ed-states/

I have come across many people with your opinion (which is not a bad one). I simply have chosen a different lifestyle that many others have been using for thousands of years that is quite frankly, effective and inexpensive. I do believe Western Medicine has been a huge success, with many innovations that have saved millions of lives.

But, there are natural resources on this earth that we can use to live healthy and productive lives as well. One of these options are essential oils. I have not taken any synthetic drug in years and, admittedly, have no vaccines. Not that vaccines give you autism or anything, but it is the route my family has taken and the route I am now taking on my own will. You'd be surprised on some of the things people have said because of my lack of vaccines and dislike for drugs such as Advil, Aspirin, Ibuprofen, Naproxen, etc.

Hope this gives some clarity and I can always give you a myriad of links to interesting studies and discussions on the usage of essential oils. They do a bit more than act "a little bit like yoga and meditation" haha

As far as the vaccine question, I really have no qualms with it. But when the government mandates vaccines is when I have a problem. Let people decide there own path in regards to health. Just educate and then let them decide.
c0ns!
Lancer

Post by vardar »

gibson wrote:Posted this on my Snapchat story yesterday and it’s a big relevant

Why do you think all top athletes have nutritionists? xD
c0ns!
No Flag fightinfrenchman
Ninja
Donator 04

vardar wrote:
As far as the vaccine question, I really have no qualms with it. But when the government mandates vaccines is when I have a problem. Let people decide there own path in regards to health. Just educate and then let them decide.

No, this is dumb tbh. You choosing to not get vaccines affects other people, it's not just your choice
Lancer

Post by vardar »

fightinfrenchman wrote:
vardar wrote:

No, this is dumb tbh. You choosing to not get vaccines affects other people, it's not just your choice

I choose to be more of an individualist rather than a group thinker in this particular case. Not in all cases, but in this one, I do. My bad xD
c0ns!
No Flag fightinfrenchman
Ninja
Donator 04

vardar wrote:
fightinfrenchman wrote:
vardar wrote:

I choose to be more of an individualist rather than a group thinker in this particular case. Not in all cases, but in this one, I do. My bad xD

Yeah it is your bad, it's actually pretty awful