Long hair... do care?

This is for discussions about news, politics, sports, other games, culture, philosophy etc.
No Flag deleted_user
Ninja

Long hair... do care?

Post by deleted_user »

Hey guys.

So I've been growing my hair out for awhile now, like 9 months, and it's getting pretty long. It's not so long I can put it all in a poney tail though, but close.

I don't really like it. It gets everywhere, in my coffee mug, in my ramen soup, in my eyes during.. activities. But there are a couple of catches: 1) it looks really good with a stocking cap and that gives me a great and more unique look in hipster PNW and 2) haircuts are like $20 and I'm budgeting. There are more drawbacks as well like that 1) I can only wear my hair out with a stocking cap and sometimes that gives me a headache 2) what if I get a job interview? Should I cut it for a job interview? Will the shampoo reduction savings make up for the haircut fee? Um, any guys with long hair here? And so yeah that's the thread, that's it.
Sweden Gendarme
Gendarme
Donator 03
ESO: Gendarme

Re: Long hair... do care?

Post by Gendarme »

@XeeleeFlower has long and wild hair. I hear the Thai lady boys like it.
Pay more attention to detail.
Czech Republic Googol
Retired Contributor
ESO: Butifle

Post by Googol »

Go bald
No Flag deleted_user
Ninja

Post by deleted_user »

Gendarme wrote:@XeeleeFlower has long and wild hair. I hear the Thai lady boys like it.

What a weird contribution.

Anyways, you have long hair. What do you like about it? How long have you been growing it out?

I'm afraid my hair isn't, like, volumptous enough to make this work.
No Flag Djigit
Howdah

Post by Djigit »

I have long pubic hair.
Germany QueenOfdestiny
Retired Contributor
ESO: QueenOfdestiny

Post by QueenOfdestiny »

I HATE guys with to long hair
shit juice :hmm:
No Flag deleted_user0
Ninja

Post by deleted_user0 »

I don't personally like girls with short hair. I don't know if its other way around for guys. As a (almost) non-homo I won't comment on that.
Tuvalu gibson
Ninja
ECL Reigning Champs

Post by gibson »

I had long hair a while back. When I first started streaming with a facecam I think. I hated it.
United States of America Mvp618
Skirmisher
ESO: Mvp618

Post by Mvp618 »

Well first of all if in terms of shampoo use you should only being using shampoo two to three times a week (Unless you have very greasy hair). If you are using it more than that I suggest slowly dialing it back to that.

I will say that long hair can work in formal settings, even interviews, although it is more difficult to pull off. If you want to continue growing it out look for a hair product that you like. Some people like hair gels or pomades. Speaking for myself I am a hair wax person.

As for the cost of the haircut you can always get a buzzer and continually buzz your hair or even try cutting it yourself (not advised).

Lastly long hair is annoying but to deal with but chances are once you cut it you may regret it. So if you do get it cut and are choosing which hair style to go for choose the longer one because you can always cut it shorter if its too long but waiting for it to grow back out can be a pain in the ass.
No Flag fightinfrenchman
Ninja
Donator 04

Post by fightinfrenchman »

In my experience it's not worth the annoyance of having it in your face when you're trying to sleep
Dromedary Scone Mix is not Alone Mix
No Flag deleted_user0
Ninja

Post by deleted_user0 »

How are haircuts 20 bucks in USA anyway?

Here in Germany we have Syrian guys who do it for 7 and they actually cut really damn well.
No Flag deleted_user
Ninja

Post by deleted_user »

somppukunkku wrote:How are haircuts 20 bucks in USA anyway?

Here in Germany we have Syrian guys who do it for 7 and they actually cut really damn well.

It's a societally ingrained business of tips.

I'm also living in one of the most expensive parts of the country. It wouldn't be hard for me to find a haircut for $50, high end men's grooming is a weird business that sort of shot up with the rise of new wave hipsterism.
No Flag deleted_user
Ninja

Post by deleted_user »

Here's what it looks like: [spoiler=pic]Image[/spoiler]

Not a great photo of the hair but it's the most recent one and I'm not going to take a selfie for ESOC. I actually rarely take selfies (imagine that).

The issue is I only wear it with this beanie. I'm going to have to diversity soon, especially for a professional environment, but I just don't know how.
United States of America Mvp618
Skirmisher
ESO: Mvp618

Post by Mvp618 »

deleted_user wrote:Here's what it looks like: [spoiler=pic]Image[/spoiler]

Not a great photo of the hair but it's the most recent one and I'm not going to take a selfie for ESOC.

The issue is I only wear it with this beanie. I'm going to have to diversity soon, especially for a professional environment, but I just don't know how.

stop tryna show off gorgeous.

Pretty sure you could come close to pulling off a ponytail in that.
No Flag deleted_user
Ninja

Post by deleted_user »

Since it doesn't all fit in the pony tail my roommate suggested I could try to go for a Link look, have the bangs hang down on the sides.

My hair is pretty thin, I think I need some product.

But would all this investment be monetarily cheaper than just getting the haircut? Or is it worth having longer hair as a guy, something that gives me more character?
Sweden Gendarme
Gendarme
Donator 03
ESO: Gendarme

Post by Gendarme »

deleted_user wrote:
Gendarme wrote:@XeeleeFlower has long and wild hair. I hear the Thai lady boys like it.

What a weird contribution.

Anyways, you have long hair. What do you like about it? How long have you been growing it out?

I'm afraid my hair isn't, like, volumptous enough to make this work.
Not too weird if you had got the memo.

My hair has been long for years now, and it looks like utter shit if I let it out because I have put absolutely zero effort into taking care of it.
Pay more attention to detail.
Italy Garja
Retired Contributor
Donator 02
ESO: Garja

Post by Garja »

You need to grow them more. 9 months it's about the most annoying lenght.
Image Image Image
Isle of Man UpMySleeves
Dragoon
GameRanger ID: 7309280

Post by UpMySleeves »

I used to have long hair for a few yeas and yeah it does get everywhere, it`s pretty much like you have a pet. You`ll definitely want to invest in hair products and take care of it, if you want it to look decent. Maybe ask a friend to give you a haircut, surely you have at least one that can do it. For interviews just try and keep it clean and brush it, where do you even interview that they care about your hair length, communism?

To be honest tho` nowadays I keep it real short and it`s really so much easier I barely miss the sexy look it gave me. Was definitely getting more female attention with it long also, if you`re into that sort of stuff.
Never trust a man in a blue trench coat, never drive a car when you're dead
Germany QueenOfdestiny
Retired Contributor

Post by QueenOfdestiny »

somppukunkku wrote:I don't personally like girls with short hair. I don't know if its other way around for guys. As a (almost) non-homo I won't comment on that.

I have long hair now. Just because Kaiser said it's more feminin. :love:
India rsy
Jaeger
Donator 01

Post by rsy »

somppukunkku wrote:I don't personally like girls with short hair. I don't know if its other way around for guys. As a (almost) non-homo I won't comment on that.

One thing I look for in a woman is whether or not she's taking care of herself, hair length isn't so important to me. Some women take really good care of their hair inspite of them being short
United States of America XeeleeFlower
Retired Contributor
Xeelee Patron

Post by XeeleeFlower »

Lol! If I ever change my twitch profile picture, many of these types of comments won't make much sense.

I do actually have fairly long hair. It goes to about the middle of my back. I wash it every other day (thanks for the oily skin, dad!) and condition the ends every day. I don't use gels, sprays, or any of that other stuff. I'm trying to remember the texture of your hair. From what I remember, you shouldn't need to use that stuff either. Just take care of it and let it flow naturally. Brush it when you wake up, before you shower, throughout the day, and before you go to bed. I recommend a flat paddle brush. If you feel that it makes your hair too flat, you can always add a little texture by investing in a hair dryer and drying your hair upside down. This will give it volume.

Having long hair is pretty great. I don't ever feel that it gets in the way and I love how it feels when the wind blows through it. I play with mine a lot. I do usually put it up when I'm eating and sometimes during other activities. Grow it out! Based upon what I know of you, I feel that you'll like it when it's longer.
Time is wise and our wounds seem to heal to the rhythm of aging,
But our past is a ghost fading out that at night itā€™s still haunting.

http://www.galactanet.com/oneoff/theegg_mod.html
France Kaiserklein
Pro Player
GameRanger ID: 5529322

Post by Kaiserklein »

QueenOfdestiny wrote:I have long hair now. Just because Kaiser said it's more feminin. :love:

That's true imo. But the main reason is that it makes it easier to grab
LoOk_tOm wrote:I have something in particular against Kaisar (GERMANY NOOB mercenary LAMME FOREVER) And the other people (noobs) like suck kaiser ... just this ..
United States of America Amsel_
Howdah
ESO: The_Amsel

Post by Amsel_ »

Long hair can work. But for the love of God don't neglect it. It took me over 5 hours to take care of matted hair back when mine was long. From experience, you can pull it off in a professional setting to a certain extent. If you're a lower level young guy or a higher level old guy it'll be easier, but a 35 year old half-way through his career will have the hardest time. I've been able to meet businessmen and politicians without it being awkward; just don't draw attention to it. Your height matters a bit too. If you're 6'2" no one's going to say anything, but if you're 5'4" and young then people are going to call you a girl.

I know how you feel about long-hair looking better, but I'm happier with shorter hair. It saves a lot of time, and it looks more manly.
United States of America Hidddy_
Retired Contributor
ESO: Hidalgito

Post by Hidddy_ »

Personally I've never had long hair until I started growing it out about 10 months ago. I definitely like how it looks and apparently so do other people which makes me feel good about it. I've learned to manage it pretty well in the past months and it's definitely fun to style and play around with.
As for the care and expenses, I think it's worth it when compared to getting haircuts (saving that bi-weekly $20 and my disdain for haircuts also contributed to my willingness to grow out my hair). What is important is that you find a good hair routine and to keep your hair as healthy as possible. I don't know much about thin hair (my hair is thicc as hell), but drying it properly is definitely important and goes a long way in keeping your hair healthy. I recommend wrapping it in a shirt or soft towel after you clean it, and avoid hand drying as much as possible. My hair is thick and gets messed up by thick towels and hand drying, so idk what it'll do to your thinner hair.
For hairstyles, i think you have some options even in a professional setting. Personally I wouldn't use the Link style at work though I do use it all the time while playing aoe/chilling at home. The top knot/man bun has become increasingly accepted in a professional setting. If not, a slick back with some gel/hold may work better. The type of hold you use is also important, since you only need 1 good hair product as a guy it's totally worth it to dish out some money on a good one. I would suggest something that isn't thick but can still hold. Something like a pomade would probably work best. Usually you want to stay away from waxes and thick gels because they can cause long term damage to hair.
De Funk
Germany QueenOfdestiny
Retired Contributor

Post by QueenOfdestiny »

Always dry your hair natural on the air, after short dry with a towel :D